Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Les Spencer 08:59 - Aug 4 with 761 viewsColDale

Played for us in the 50's. I've been contacted by an old friend of his who was wondering if anyone had any memories of him.

Les Spencer on 09:12 - Aug 4 with 739 viewsDaleiLama

Oooooh Betty.

Yes, I know it was Frank, but I couldn't resist. They don't make them like that anymore.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Les Spencer on 13:35 - Aug 4 with 569 viewsDiddyDave

I can remember the name,was he a goalkeeper who went to Leicester City,or was that George Hayes. Please help us here Arfur!!
Les Spencer on 13:38 - Aug 4 with 564 viewsTVOS1907

Les Spencer on 13:35 - Aug 4 by DiddyDave

I can remember the name,was he a goalkeeper who went to Leicester City,or was that George Hayes. Please help us here Arfur!!

Spencer was an inside-forward; George Heyes was a 'keeper.

Here's Spencer's profile from Steven Phillipps' Who's Who:

"Les came into the Dale side not long after signing part-time terms, appearing seven times at inside or outside right near the end of the 1957-58 when Dale made it into the new Division 3 despite not winning any of the last 11 games. A regular choice at inside forward for the next two seasons and joint top scorer in the relegation campaign, albeit with eight league goals, he was sold to Luton for £3000 in 1960 but had to retire because of a hip injury after only a handful of games for the Hatters. Indeed, in 1962 he had two long spells in hospital with an arthritic hip before being able to walk properly again."

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Les Spencer on 14:05 - Aug 4 with 532 viewsdavidab2202

Apparently no longer with us.Died some 5 years ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024