Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SPURS COMING TO DALE 05:52 - Feb 8 with 5094 viewsfrenzied

This game gives us a fantastic opportunity to establish links with a quality prem side..Dale will have very little opportunities at a PR level to rub shoulders with the likes of the Spurs management, coaching staff ,directors etc.

We must behave in a completely professional level on and off the pitch and give Spurs a very positive impression of our club from top to bottom,from fan to manager .

Any shenanigans such as what We saw on Tues will be the detriment of any such relationship...
A few half wits could scupper any chance we may have in Spurs looking at sending any of their young talent of which they'll be ample for a spell at Spotland.

So lets enjoy the day the next opportunity may not come for many years!!!

Arsenal to Juventus to Rochdale...What a week for the Spurs players and fans alike!!!

SPURS COMING TO DALE on 08:33 - Feb 8 with 4946 viewspaulscho

I cant see them turning up with the A team,more like the 11 they played last night or possible weaker.
Away at juventus only 3 days later.
No way we are seeing the likes of Kane,Erikson Ali etc.
Especially on the Cow field.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2018 12:38]

livinginadalewonderland

SPURS COMING TO DALE on 11:56 - Feb 8 with 4775 viewsTrotter

Actually we play Juventus 5 days before we play Rochdale, and don't have a game for 8 days afterwards.
Really think we will see a much stronger side than we have put out so far in the competition, hopefully won't make same mistakes that nearly cost us in first game at Newport, by maybe underestimating the opposition.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2018 12:03]
SPURS COMING TO DALE on 12:43 - Feb 8 with 4670 viewspaulscho

SPURS COMING TO DALE on 11:56 - Feb 8 by Trotter

Actually we play Juventus 5 days before we play Rochdale, and don't have a game for 8 days afterwards.
Really think we will see a much stronger side than we have put out so far in the competition, hopefully won't make same mistakes that nearly cost us in first game at Newport, by maybe underestimating the opposition.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2018 12:03]

I stand corrected.
I guess we will be seeing the likes of Ali,Kane and Erikson.
Just means the killing of the giant will be much bigger.
The bigger they are the harder they fall,however at least they will have a softer landing(in the sandpit)

livinginadalewonderland

SPURS COMING TO DALE on 13:00 - Feb 8 with 4590 viewsInPeace

Hi All, Spurs fan in peace here.

Firstly, I've seen a couple of mentions of the fighting cock forum. Annoyingly that's the first result when you search Tottenham forum, so lots of opposition fans read posts from that one. That forum is basically an unmoderated clusterf*ck of nutters who are banned from the other, more sensible Spurs forums! Some really decent blokes on there, but a lot of absolute weapons too. You'll get far more balanced views on Spurscommunity for example.

Also I've seen a bit of talk about our away end. Looks like we're being given somewhere around 3500-4000 (?!) which is absolutely brilliant. There's absolutely no doubt we will sell that out. Not one single away game has gone on sale to anyone but season tickets in the last 12 months, and most games require 300+ loyalty points (for which you'd need to have been to about 70% of games for the last 4 seasons). This allocation means hopefully a few people with lower points might get a shout, but it will still definitely sell out, and maybe to ST holders only still. I think we would sell out 8,000+ if we were given it (not suggesting you should give us that of course!).

What can we expect from Rochdale? Newport were the big, strong, long-throw, set piecey type of team. I hope you won't be offended by saying they were the stereotypical lower league outfit. And that caused us a lot of problems especially in the wind and rain at Rodney Parade. Are you a similar type of team, or is it more looking to get the ball down and play (if the pitch allows!)? If it's the latter I do think we will find it a lot more comfortable. I fully expect us to go strong. We have Juventus away midweek before this game, but a full 7 day break until the following Monday evening after. No reason we won't play a full strength team. Kane, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Son, Alli, Dier etc should all feature.

Finally, and most importantly, what pubs are there for away fans near Spotland? I'll be coming up so looking for somewhere to drink pre-game!
SPURS COMING TO DALE on 13:08 - Feb 8 with 4552 viewspaulscho

SPURS COMING TO DALE on 13:00 - Feb 8 by InPeace

Firstly, I've seen a couple of mentions of the fighting cock forum. Annoyingly that's the first result when you search Tottenham forum, so lots of opposition fans read posts from that one. That forum is basically an unmoderated clusterf*ck of nutters who are banned from the other, more sensible Spurs forums! Some really decent blokes on there, but a lot of absolute weapons too. You'll get far more balanced views on Spurscommunity for example.

Also I've seen a bit of talk about our away end. Looks like we're being given somewhere around 3500-4000 (?!) which is absolutely brilliant. There's absolutely no doubt we will sell that out. Not one single away game has gone on sale to anyone but season tickets in the last 12 months, and most games require 300+ loyalty points (for which you'd need to have been to about 70% of games for the last 4 seasons). This allocation means hopefully a few people with lower points might get a shout, but it will still definitely sell out, and maybe to ST holders only still. I think we would sell out 8,000+ if we were given it (not suggesting you should give us that of course!).

What can we expect from Rochdale? Newport were the big, strong, long-throw, set piecey type of team. I hope you won't be offended by saying they were the stereotypical lower league outfit. And that caused us a lot of problems especially in the wind and rain at Rodney Parade. Are you a similar type of team, or is it more looking to get the ball down and play (if the pitch allows!)? If it's the latter I do think we will find it a lot more comfortable. I fully expect us to go strong. We have Juventus away midweek before this game, but a full 7 day break until the following Monday evening after. No reason we won't play a full strength team. Kane, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Son, Alli, Dier etc should all feature.

Finally, and most importantly, what pubs are there for away fans near Spotland? I'll be coming up so looking for somewhere to drink pre-game!

Sounds great,good following,Englands and the some of the worlds best players on view.

Two really great pubs are the Cemetery Hotel(close to the ground)
Two in the town center that are well worth a visit The Baum and the Flying Horse.
im sure you will be welcome in all.

Just remember "Its Grim up North"

Up the Dale

livinginadalewonderland

SPURS COMING TO DALE on 14:45 - Feb 8 with 4451 viewsShelfsidedave

SPURS COMING TO DALE on 13:08 - Feb 8 by paulscho

Sounds great,good following,Englands and the some of the worlds best players on view.

Two really great pubs are the Cemetery Hotel(close to the ground)
Two in the town center that are well worth a visit The Baum and the Flying Horse.
im sure you will be welcome in all.

Just remember "Its Grim up North"

Up the Dale

Another Spur here. - Looking forward to your hospitality on Sunday week. We will sell our allocation easily - surprised you've given us so many to be honest. I was expecting around 1600.

I hear your pies are worth trying - is that true?

As I intend to drive up have you any recommendations for matchday parking?
SPURS COMING TO DALE on 15:27 - Feb 8 with 4333 viewsDaleiLama

SPURS COMING TO DALE on 14:45 - Feb 8 by Shelfsidedave

Another Spur here. - Looking forward to your hospitality on Sunday week. We will sell our allocation easily - surprised you've given us so many to be honest. I was expecting around 1600.

Don't park anywhere near Sandy Lane between the Cemetery lights and the lights at the other end on Edenfield Road. Jobsworth parking attendant Nazis giving out tickets along there.

There is parking on Oulder Hill School just off Sandy Lane but not sure how many spaces? 10 minute walk to ground from there.

Great chippy just behind the away stand but not sure it will be open Sunday afty? Knowing it will be a sell out, I think I'd be tempted to open it if it were mine.

We have a new catering provider and I've never tried their pies but I'm sure someone will comment on them?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

SPURS COMING TO DALE on 17:56 - Feb 8 with 4130 viewstony_roch975

SPURS COMING TO DALE on 15:27 - Feb 8 by DaleiLama

Don't park anywhere near Sandy Lane between the Cemetery lights and the lights at the other end on Edenfield Road. Jobsworth parking attendant Nazis giving out tickets along there.

There is parking on Oulder Hill School just off Sandy Lane but not sure how many spaces? 10 minute walk to ground from there.

Great chippy just behind the away stand but not sure it will be open Sunday afty? Knowing it will be a sell out, I think I'd be tempted to open it if it were mine.

We have a new catering provider and I've never tried their pies but I'm sure someone will comment on them?

Willbutts Lane chippy say they are opening for the Spurs game

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Login to get fewer ads

SPURS COMING TO DALE on 19:00 - Feb 8 with 3973 viewsNorthernDale

SPURS COMING TO DALE on 13:00 - Feb 8 by InPeace

Welcome to the site,

In terms of football style, Rochdale under Keith Hill generally likes to pass the ball around, sometimes far too much, rather then the long ball game, which if I am truthful we are downright poor at and we play better when we keep the ball on the ground.

Pubs - If you like a good pint of real ale, walk into town 20 minute or so walk to the Baum, Flying Horse, Wellington (near the tram stop) and there is also a Weatherspoons near the tram stop. If you are a camra member you get discounts on showing your camra card on the cost of a pint at the Flying Horse and Wellington, I am not sure about the Baum on the Sunday (it is usually Monday to Friday).

Ps I apologise in advance for the numpties with an IQ of a newt, who will suddenly appear for the game, they do not reflect the Dale, who are by tradition a Family Club, except when it comes to Bury.
SPURS COMING TO DALE on 22:43 - Feb 8 with 3605 viewsShelfsidedave

SPURS COMING TO DALE on 19:00 - Feb 8 by NorthernDale

Welcome to the site,

In terms of football style, Rochdale under Keith Hill generally likes to pass the ball around, sometimes far too much, rather then the long ball game, which if I am truthful we are downright poor at and we play better when we keep the ball on the ground.

Pubs - If you like a good pint of real ale, walk into town 20 minute or so walk to the Baum, Flying Horse, Wellington (near the tram stop) and there is also a Weatherspoons near the tram stop. If you are a camra member you get discounts on showing your camra card on the cost of a pint at the Flying Horse and Wellington, I am not sure about the Baum on the Sunday (it is usually Monday to Friday).

Ps I apologise in advance for the numpties with an IQ of a newt, who will suddenly appear for the game, they do not reflect the Dale, who are by tradition a Family Club, except when it comes to Bury.

Every Club has them unfortunately
SPURS COMING TO DALE on 18:49 - Feb 12 with 3159 viewsShelfsidedave

SPURS COMING TO DALE on 14:45 - Feb 8 by Shelfsidedave

Spurs Allocation of 3468 - all sold.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024