Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My take on Saturday 08:13 - Aug 20 with 1140 viewsEllDale

Has the Fleetwood match thread been locked?
I just wanted to add my observations from Saturday please?
I know it’s late but we’ve “just got back” after staying over in Blackpool.
Firstly, what a lovely set-up Fleetwood have even though it’s like going into a model village. The last time that I walked through a park to a ground was probably at Aldershot.
How could they ever expand though? Park and residential properties on all four sides.
I’m not quite sure about the “Captain Pugwash” music every time they score either!
As for the game….
I was stood to the right of the posts and was convinced that their first goal came off Delaney but am willing to stand corrected. That goal came from a comedy of errors with Wilbraham and Rafferty colliding by the touchline.
Before that we had looked threatening with Ntlhe, Ollie and Perkins looking good.
We just make so many basic howlers though. We had a short corner routine 0-0 which finished with their keeper making a great save; we tried it again a few minutes later and it was easily intercepted.
Why do we keep persisting with these short goalkicks and clearances from Josh? It puts players under pressure who aren’t technically equipped to deal with that sort of tactic.
As for the substitutions, I hope that both Inman and Rafferty were injured as they didn’t make much sense otherwise. The Rafferty one was strange in as much as Henderson was having treatment for a facial injury at the time. Wouldn’t it have better to see if he needed to come off first?
We were completely disjointed and at panic stations for ten minutes after that which resulted in Town going in front again.
Fleetwood? Well, did a team ever reflect a manager so much? I’d hate to see them play Bentley’s Morecambe!
The ironic thing is that we scored in stoppage time for the minutes added on for them rolling around on the floor and the keeper getting booked for timewasting. The worst example was when Perkins was chopped down and the perpetrator then needed a lengthy spell of treatment.
God knows what their wage bill must be and they have good players so they don’t need to indulge in such antics.
My take on Saturday on 08:19 - Aug 20 with 1120 viewsTVOS1907

Delaney did touch the cross towards goal, but Madden tapped it in. It certainly wasn’t McNulty, as reported in the media.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024