Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out 17:36 - Dec 29 with 7008 viewsD_Alien

Out-played, out-thought, out-fought, out-tackled, out-run, out-moroned (their fans)

Outraged? Nah... i enjoyed watching football being played at such a high level in L1

Sometimes, you just have to take it on the chin, accept the opponent was so much better than you on the day, and move on

I was pleased to see us keep our heads up, and enjoy some possession in the last 20 minutes. The only players who i'd be in any way critical of are Camps and Williams11 - not because they had poor games, but simply because both demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt to me that they're just too pedestrian to progress. Coming up against a Bradford side obviously fired up, they shrank whilst the others kept plugging away and both were removed from the firing line. Adshead was mercifully removed after 35 minutes, not because he wasn't playing well - he was - but this was no game for him to become embroiled in, and it was a bit tasty at times

Did anyone think i might've meant Hill Out? Nah... he put out a side on the back of consecutive wins with just one change, and can't be faulted for anything that happened during the game

I've already moved on, and hope the players can put this behind them, with maybe just the thought that when they next cross the white line onto the pitch, THAT is how the game is meant to be played - hard, fast, skilful, determined... just like we were in the 0-3 win at Valley Parade in our first promotion season. That's the standard we need to aim for - well done Bradford, you were a joy to watch

[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 17:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Out on 17:37 - Dec 29 with 3978 viewssweetcorn

Could this not have gone on the match-thread or did you just want all the spotlight..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Out on 17:49 - Dec 29 with 3833 viewsJames1980

A balanced and intelligent post after all the frothing rage

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Out on 17:49 - Dec 29 with 3833 viewsfunkkk

Did you plan this post on your way home and congratulate yourself on how many people you might fool?

Oh, you big kidder, you. 👍🏼
Out on 17:54 - Dec 29 with 3755 viewsMancDale

Agree 100% with that. Sometimes you just have to accept the opposition was better than us on the day. Onwards to Doncaster and hopefully some strengthening of the squad in January.
Out on 17:56 - Dec 29 with 3728 viewsKnowlesy

Oh wow this is complete drivel. If you enjoyed that then fair play to you but sounds a bit more like a submissive domination fetish that, whilst that's fine if that's what you're into, should really be kept private and you shouldn't be expecting us to share it with you.
Out on 17:58 - Dec 29 with 3688 viewsalex_roch39

Bedtime reading.
Out on 18:00 - Dec 29 with 3646 viewsMancDale

Out on 17:56 - Dec 29 by Knowlesy

Oh wow this is complete drivel. If you enjoyed that then fair play to you but sounds a bit more like a submissive domination fetish that, whilst that's fine if that's what you're into, should really be kept private and you shouldn't be expecting us to share it with you.

Sounds more like you've got something to hide there to be fair...
Out on 18:04 - Dec 29 with 3585 viewsblackdogblue

Out & Hill is the same sentence is what’s needed

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Out on 18:15 - Dec 29 with 3478 viewsJames1980

Hopefully the new board have a bit of ambition. Throw caution to the wind, break the transfer records, get in a groovy new foreign gaffer. 5 year plan, increase COA capacity, Premier League football challenging for top four.

Out on 18:23 - Dec 29 with 3416 viewsKnowlesy

Out on 18:15 - Dec 29 by James1980

Hopefully the new board have a bit of ambition. Throw caution to the wind, break the transfer records, get in a groovy new foreign gaffer. 5 year plan, increase COA capacity, Premier League football challenging for top four.

Wish you'd stop arguing for argument's sake. Are you so blinded by naivety that you genuinely think that anybody wants that?

There is more to football than keeping an under performing manager until he chooses to leave or an alternative that is gross overspending and ambition. Wanting better doesn't mean wanting the world.
Out on 18:27 - Dec 29 with 3373 views100notout

Out on 18:15 - Dec 29 by James1980

James you don't half talk a load of shite

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Out on 18:32 - Dec 29 with 3309 viewsJames1980

Out on 18:27 - Dec 29 by 100notout

James you don't half talk a load of shite

Who? Me?

Out on 18:40 - Dec 29 with 3232 viewsMancDale

Out on 18:23 - Dec 29 by Knowlesy

Wish you'd stop arguing for argument's sake. Are you so blinded by naivety that you genuinely think that anybody wants that?

There is more to football than keeping an under performing manager until he chooses to leave or an alternative that is gross overspending and ambition. Wanting better doesn't mean wanting the world.

Underperforming? We're 2 points off the top half of the table. Why do some people (not necessarily you) have such difficulty accepting that we're in a very tough league and we're going to have some bad days like today. If we stay up we've done well. I'd like us to finish higher but in no way can our current position be considered failure.
Out on 18:46 - Dec 29 with 3160 viewsRippDale

Out on 18:40 - Dec 29 by MancDale

Underperforming? We're 2 points off the top half of the table. Why do some people (not necessarily you) have such difficulty accepting that we're in a very tough league and we're going to have some bad days like today. If we stay up we've done well. I'd like us to finish higher but in no way can our current position be considered failure.

It's the lack of enjoyment, any flare or entertainment that is the issue
Out on 18:46 - Dec 29 with 3154 viewsD_Alien

Out on 17:37 - Dec 29 by sweetcorn

Could this not have gone on the match-thread or did you just want all the spotlight..

It could, but as with most home games, new threads are started apart from the match thread - i dare say you've done it yourself some time or other

Thanks for helping put the thread in the spotlight anyway, you're a great help at times!

Bradford will finish higher up in the league than us, i'm pretty sure of it based on that performance, though they've possibly got too much ground to make up to challenge for the playoffs. On that form though, they're a very, very good side and there should be no shame attached to our players

Sure, it's galling to have 2000+ baying Yorkshiremen taking the piss out of us, but you just have to walk away and start again. It could actually do us a favour once the dust has settled, by highlighting more precisely than ever where are weaknesses are, providing we have the wherewithal to do something about it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Out on 18:51 - Dec 29 with 3094 viewsKnowlesy

Out on 18:46 - Dec 29 by RippDale

Completely agree. I could accept our current position really happily if we were actually playing attacking football in the way that Hill used to believe in before he got squeamish. Now he simply sets his teams up differently every week to try and negate the opposition's tactics rather than believing in his own and sticking to a system. It's boring, negative and he doesn't connect with the fans at all. He's got away with that in the past because he's always over achieved and played good football, but now that the football has gone down the drain and the board of directors is falling apart, the atmosphere around the club seems fairly drab at the moment despite our points total.
Out on 18:52 - Dec 29 with 3084 viewsYouTubeDale

We knew before the game that Bradford were a resurgent team and should have got a point at Sunderland when the ball looked to have gone over the line. So we just witnessed a team getting back to full strength. They were quicker than us and gave us a lesson in how to close players down. They fed off the large,vocal crowd and wanted it far more than we did. They didn’t let us breathe. We were outplayed.

That is why I was so greatful for 6 points in the last 2 matches, so we could take this kind of punch, dust ourselves down , learn lessons, and move on. Don’t get too down-hearted but prepare for the fight ahead.

The score line did flatter them. I was surprised when they were awarded the penalty, and the fourth goal doesn’t usually find the back of the net, so 2-0 would be fair. Again it underlines the fact that we need to strengthen/change in January even to stay still.

Over to you Keith.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 19:02]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Out on 18:55 - Dec 29 with 3047 viewsMancDale

Out on 18:46 - Dec 29 by RippDale

I expect the flair this season was meant to come from Dooley and Clough. Its unfortunate they've been injured so much. Hart has been a big miss recently too.
Out on 18:58 - Dec 29 with 3015 viewsRippDale

Out on 18:55 - Dec 29 by MancDale

I expect the flair this season was meant to come from Dooley and Clough. Its unfortunate they've been injured so much. Hart has been a big miss recently too.

We have lacked it for 2 seasons now and the last one left has been shipped out to Portsmouth
Out on 19:04 - Dec 29 with 2938 views442Dale

Out on 18:55 - Dec 29 by MancDale

Clough may have had some injuries, but he’s also not been used well enough when available. If fitness has always been an issue we shouldn’t have signed him/looked to end the loan. Today was more about the players being way, way off what is acceptable rather than mistakes by the manager (goalkeeping situation aside), but in the main this season his mistakes (which have been repeated) should be the main concern. Let’s hope they are addressed initially in January with a reduction in squad numbers.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Out on 19:06 - Dec 29 with 2920 viewsShun

Out on 17:54 - Dec 29 by MancDale

Agree 100% with that. Sometimes you just have to accept the opposition was better than us on the day. Onwards to Doncaster and hopefully some strengthening of the squad in January.

Absolutely, and it was a good OP by DA. Bradford were brilliant today, they did everything right. There's no shame in losing to a team like that.
Out on 19:08 - Dec 29 with 2904 views100notout

Out on 18:52 - Dec 29 by YouTubeDale

We knew before the game that Bradford were a resurgent team and should have got a point at Sunderland when the ball looked to have gone over the line. So we just witnessed a team getting back to full strength. They were quicker than us and gave us a lesson in how to close players down. They fed off the large,vocal crowd and wanted it far more than we did. They didn’t let us breathe. We were outplayed.

That is why I was so greatful for 6 points in the last 2 matches, so we could take this kind of punch, dust ourselves down , learn lessons, and move on. Don’t get too down-hearted but prepare for the fight ahead.

The score line did flatter them. I was surprised when they were awarded the penalty, and the fourth goal doesn’t usually find the back of the net, so 2-0 would be fair. Again it underlines the fact that we need to strengthen/change in January even to stay still.

Over to you Keith.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 19:02]

The score line flattered them?????? I would say it flattered us

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Out on 19:08 - Dec 29 with 2900 views49thseason

There can hardly be a single Dale supporter who does not accept that there are better teams that sometimes we beat but mostly we lose to. The difference at today was that we were barely at the starting line, much less the races. Bradford battered us from minute 1 to 90 and every club that is prepared to do that will beat us because we lack the pace and physicality to stop teams that are prepared to get in our faces and fight for every morsel.
The whole team is insufficiently rugged to stop teams in this division running all over us. Lightweight in defence, lacking fight in midfield and without pace and determination in attack. We are playing training games when others are playing proper grown up men's football.

From the perspective of the opposition, today was an easy game, all that had to do was run harder and faster for 90 minutes, pass the ball reasonably well and wait for our defenders and midfielders to fail to do simple footballing things like mark runners and get close enough to attackers to prevent them from getting free shots on goal. This is basic stuff. But I guess when you have rookies in defence, a powderpuff midfield and a forward line that may as well have stayed in the dressing room it was always going to be a bad afternoon.

What we learned today is that there are too many players in this team who flatter to deceive, Yes Inman, Williams (11), Camps, Rafferty and Done, I mean you. the four defenders were repeatedly left exposed to midfield runners and there isn't a forward in the club capable of holding the ball in the opposition half. I have no idea what the Keith Hill master plan is but if this is even part of it we will eventually sink without trace. Apparently, we had 2 shots on target, I can remember neither.
Out on 19:09 - Dec 29 with 2885 views442Dale

Out on 19:06 - Dec 29 by Shun

Absolutely, and it was a good OP by DA. Bradford were brilliant today, they did everything right. There's no shame in losing to a team like that.

No, they were much better and thoroughly deserved their impressive victory. Doesn’t excuse how poor we were at the basics, especially looking to win individual battles. The players will know they’ve fallen short.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Out on 19:20 - Dec 29 with 2807 viewsboromat

Honest post match from Keith. I also agree with the OP I always enjoy the Bradford games at Spotland there's been some crackers and there's always a good atmosphere.

Good December all in all. Let's move on now to 2019 and see if we can find some margin of improvement. Currently we've got 30 from 25 if we can get another 30 from the remaining 21 games that'd do me and show some small gain while getting some valuable game time to the younger lads coming through.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024