Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The winners and losers 03:01 - Aug 30 with 4181 viewskiwidale

I'm trying to determined who the winners are in the demise of Bury?

HM Customs and excise. NO
The town of Bury and wider community. NO
Sundry Creditors. NO
Bury football club. NO
Bury supporters. NO
Rochdale football club. NO
Rochdale Supporters. NO... although you might wonder reading the other thread.
The other 22 div1 clubs. NO
Division 1 in general. NO
Football in general. NO
The Football League, NO
The Game itself. NO
Tradition/History. NO

Did anybody win?

Stewie Day did. he trousered some cash both personally and for his other business's
Steve Dale will no doubt make a quid out of the carcass. Will he put anything back in? what do you think?

Have lessons been learned? NO it will happen again and again, has anybody emerged with any credit NO certainly not the EFL not fit for purpose is an apt description. Just what has been achieved by expelling Bury from the EFL? actually nothing has been achieved. The EFL have expelled Bury but not Bolton but will readmit Bury in a few years under another name containing the name Bury it mightb take a few years but it will happen. Could it have been done differently? of course it could, suspending Bury for the remainder of this season would have made far more sense than expulsion giving all interested parties enough time to unravel the mess to see if a solution could be found. The EFL have made a right pigs ear of this by setting a false deadline after deadline after deadline when the only deadline needed would be before the start next season say June 30th. Division one is now a complete shambles more so because of the Bolton fiasco that might see a resurgent Bolton take points off Rochdale or any other team that may cost them a relegation or promotion. Bury and Bolton should have received the same penalty suspension for the rest of this season. Bolton were allowed to start the season with kids and Bury weren't? only the clowns at the EFL know why.

This is not the time for bickering.

The winners and losers on 07:14 - Aug 30 with 3424 viewsBartRowou

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49514852

Pretty sad for the kids involved.

That said, their parents will obviously be looking for clubs nearby with a decent academy where Bury-born academy prospects are now first-team regulars and scoring great goals.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

The winners and losers on 07:15 - Aug 30 with 3415 viewsfitzochris

Great talking point. It’s a shame there isn’t a 250-page thread this could’ve been posted on.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The winners and losers on 08:07 - Aug 30 with 3336 viewsscarrow

So Kiwi it’s fine to run a club like a kid in a sweet shop. Spend, spend, spend

The demise of bury was brought on by SD1 they didn’t care about any of the things you listed.

The EFL make the correct decision regardless of what apologists like yourself think

Poll: Final position

The winners and losers on 08:18 - Aug 30 with 3299 viewsDalenet

Long term we all win if we all learn from it. Stop cheating, stop spending money you don't have and make sure that the finances are transparent. Who policed the 60% salary cap at Bury. Clearly not their Board (cough Mrs Neville), not their fans trust, not the EFL, not their MPs

I hate what it is doing to their kids in that Academy, but the owners are to blame. Dale was playing a game of dares - he didn't feel threatened enough early enough or he would have sold the club to the Brazilians 3 months ago. He takes the blame for that. But SD needs to be held account and a potential fraud investigation held.

Bolton is different. They started the season with a budget because of a potential deal. Only when that fell through did they need to look at potential liquidation. That real threat, and the start of the 14 day rule, created panic amongst those holding the deal and that real "threat" forced it through. I wonder whether the Bolton deal would have been done so quickly if the EFL hadn't shown that it had got some balls and eventually did what it did to bury. The issue now is whether they face further sanctions for cancelling a game

FInally, the article on the Bury academy suggests that the EFL money for the Academy never reached it. That is fraud and the EFL are culpable for poor process and audit trail. Can the money saved this year because bury is no more be transferred to other local clubs so that we can collectively take on the kids from bury and give some of them a little hope?
The winners and losers on 08:51 - Aug 30 with 3242 viewsTomRAFC

The league, and subsequently the majority of clubs, are the winners. I am a bit weary of the short-term view some people in the public eye have of the Bury situation/outcome.

Bury had been running themselves this way for a long time before Day/Dale. Imagine how you would feel if you were a financially sensible team kept out of the league by that. This outcome has been a likely possibility for much longer than people seem to discuss. It reeks of entitlement. I will miss the rivalry and the banter with my bucket mates, but the world of football is better off without teams who are run like that.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

The winners and losers on 08:56 - Aug 30 with 3225 viewsdingdangblue

You say NO to a lot of those questions but you dont know yet what effect bury going bust will have? In the long term it may be a good thing and urge a lot more clubs to live within their means. Whoever finishes 4th bottom this season will be better off - it may be us!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The winners and losers on 09:52 - Aug 30 with 3132 viewsBass1

Excellent post. Totally agree about the continual bad comments from other posters regarding Burys demise.

The winners and losers on 09:57 - Aug 30 with 3114 viewsscarrow

The winners and losers on 09:52 - Aug 30 by Bass1

Excellent post. Totally agree about the continual bad comments from other posters regarding Burys demise.

So it’s OK to spend, spend, spend, sod small businesses, charities etc

Glad I haven’t got your morals

Login to get fewer ads

The winners and losers on 11:07 - Aug 30 with 3012 viewssweetcorn

Well rochdale do kind of benefit from burys demise. 1 less local club to be competing for players and youth players with.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

The winners and losers on 13:52 - Aug 30 with 2916 viewskiwidale

The winners and losers on 08:07 - Aug 30 by scarrow

So Kiwi it’s fine to run a club like a kid in a sweet shop. Spend, spend, spend

The demise of bury was brought on by SD1 they didn’t care about any of the things you listed.

The EFL make the correct decision regardless of what apologists like yourself think

To be fair I never said it was OK nor have I ever defended them over it, they have reaped what they sowed and been roundly condemn for spending what they did not have, often other peoples money. I am able to separate the fraudulent and criminal actions of Stewart Day and lately Steven Daly from the corporate Bury AFC although many cant. A football club is more than the owners or the players or any individual or group of fans, however obnoxious some of them may be the fans can not be blamed for criminal actions taken in the boardroom, you can only hope that the Law will catch up with those that are both responsible and guilty.

The winners and losers on 13:58 - Aug 30 with 2905 viewskiwidale

The winners and losers on 07:15 - Aug 30 by fitzochris

Great talking point. It’s a shame there isn’t a 250-page thread this could’ve been posted on.

If it's all right by you Chris I will post where and what I want. Now that's cleared up would you like to comment on my OP?

The winners and losers on 14:01 - Aug 30 with 2899 viewsnordenblue

The winners and losers on 13:52 - Aug 30 by kiwidale

To be fair I never said it was OK nor have I ever defended them over it, they have reaped what they sowed and been roundly condemn for spending what they did not have, often other peoples money. I am able to separate the fraudulent and criminal actions of Stewart Day and lately Steven Daly from the corporate Bury AFC although many cant. A football club is more than the owners or the players or any individual or group of fans, however obnoxious some of them may be the fans can not be blamed for criminal actions taken in the boardroom, you can only hope that the Law will catch up with those that are both responsible and guilty.

The fans are guilty of doing fook all until it's far too late,they knew exactly what was going on but were far too busy gloating and laughing at everyone else who sold players to keep in the black,but let's not go into that too far and try and blame everyone else now it's all gone tits up....good fooking riddance they all deserve each other in my eyes.
The winners and losers on 14:14 - Aug 30 with 2866 viewskiwidale

The winners and losers on 08:18 - Aug 30 by Dalenet

Long term we all win if we all learn from it. Stop cheating, stop spending money you don't have and make sure that the finances are transparent. Who policed the 60% salary cap at Bury. Clearly not their Board (cough Mrs Neville), not their fans trust, not the EFL, not their MPs

I hate what it is doing to their kids in that Academy, but the owners are to blame. Dale was playing a game of dares - he didn't feel threatened enough early enough or he would have sold the club to the Brazilians 3 months ago. He takes the blame for that. But SD needs to be held account and a potential fraud investigation held.

Bolton is different. They started the season with a budget because of a potential deal. Only when that fell through did they need to look at potential liquidation. That real threat, and the start of the 14 day rule, created panic amongst those holding the deal and that real "threat" forced it through. I wonder whether the Bolton deal would have been done so quickly if the EFL hadn't shown that it had got some balls and eventually did what it did to bury. The issue now is whether they face further sanctions for cancelling a game

FInally, the article on the Bury academy suggests that the EFL money for the Academy never reached it. That is fraud and the EFL are culpable for poor process and audit trail. Can the money saved this year because bury is no more be transferred to other local clubs so that we can collectively take on the kids from bury and give some of them a little hope?

Bolton did not complete last season they effectively had no players and were in default, already this season they have defaulted on one game and fielded teams that make the league from here in compromised, how long it will take them to field a team that is competitive nobody knows. The EFL allowed Bolton to start the season without a team when they were bankrupt.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 14:16]

The winners and losers on 15:49 - Aug 30 with 2774 viewsfitzochris

The winners and losers on 13:58 - Aug 30 by kiwidale

If it's all right by you Chris I will post where and what I want. Now that's cleared up would you like to comment on my OP?

Hahaha, you fookin’ manchild.

The winners and losers on 15:58 - Aug 30 with 2750 viewsnordenblue

The winners and losers on 13:58 - Aug 30 by kiwidale

To be fair to Chris he's probably along with the rest of us posted enough of his views on the original thread that's already up and running with about 4 million replies,
The winners and losers on 16:10 - Aug 30 with 2715 viewskiwidale

The winners and losers on 15:49 - Aug 30 by fitzochris

Hahaha, you fookin’ manchild.

"manchild" hahaha "manchild" do you really think that comments like that make you look grown up?

Clinton Baptist "Im getting a word"... NOB

[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 16:15]

The winners and losers on 16:13 - Aug 30 with 2707 viewsfitzochris

The winners and losers on 16:10 - Aug 30 by kiwidale

"manchild" hahaha "manchild" do you really think that comments like that make you look grown up?

Clinton Baptist "Im getting a word"... NOB

[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 16:15]

Yes.

The winners and losers on 17:59 - Aug 30 with 2588 viewsscarrow

The winners and losers on 14:14 - Aug 30 by kiwidale

Bolton did not complete last season they effectively had no players and were in default, already this season they have defaulted on one game and fielded teams that make the league from here in compromised, how long it will take them to field a team that is competitive nobody knows. The EFL allowed Bolton to start the season without a team when they were bankrupt.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 14:16]

Rubbish. Ipswich finished bottom yes they struggled but they had a team last season. The EFL allowed them to start the season because the take over was due to be completed within 24 hours.

The winners and losers on 23:24 - Aug 30 with 2429 viewskiwidale

The winners and losers on 15:58 - Aug 30 by nordenblue

To be fair to Chris he's probably along with the rest of us posted enough of his views on the original thread that's already up and running with about 4 million replies,

Would that be the thread that Thacks_Rabbits,and Riddler amongst others have suggested be closed because it has become unseemly? the one that includes this kind of bile... "they put forward a lunatic hag who chains herself to a drainpipe"... that comment was rightly reported as abuse not by me but If that is not uncalled for personal abuse of a dear woman who cant defend herself trying to do whatever she could I don't know what is.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 23:32]

The winners and losers on 23:28 - Aug 30 with 2414 viewsD_Alien

The winners and losers on 23:24 - Aug 30 by kiwidale

Would that be the thread that Thacks_Rabbits,and Riddler amongst others have suggested be closed because it has become unseemly? the one that includes this kind of bile... "they put forward a lunatic hag who chains herself to a drainpipe"... that comment was rightly reported as abuse not by me but If that is not uncalled for personal abuse of a dear woman who cant defend herself trying to do whatever she could I don't know what is.

You're right kiwi, that was an unseemly and misogynistic post, but the thread itself goes from strength to strength

Never ask for a thread to be locked. It's just not the Dale way

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The winners and losers on 23:38 - Aug 30 with 2383 viewskiwidale

The winners and losers on 23:28 - Aug 30 by D_Alien

You're right kiwi, that was an unseemly and misogynistic post, but the thread itself goes from strength to strength

Never ask for a thread to be locked. It's just not the Dale way

I agree with you D_A locking a thread is not the answer.

The winners and losers on 23:41 - Aug 30 with 2377 viewsfitzochris

I’ve seen it all now. Kiwi going for the moral high ground. Keep picking those fights lad, and then backtracking spectacularly. That’s what you do best.

The winners and losers on 23:54 - Aug 30 with 2349 viewskiwidale

The winners and losers on 23:41 - Aug 30 by fitzochris

I’ve seen it all now. Kiwi going for the moral high ground. Keep picking those fights lad, and then backtracking spectacularly. That’s what you do best.

I cant help but be impressed Chris when you add "You have seen it all" to that you know it all it makes you formidable.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 23:57]

The winners and losers on 23:59 - Aug 30 with 2332 viewsfitzochris

The winners and losers on 23:54 - Aug 30 by kiwidale

I cant help but be impressed Chris when you add "You have seen it all" to that you know it all it makes you formidable.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 23:57]

I’ll try to interpret that word soup in the morning, pal.

The winners and losers on 00:22 - Aug 31 with 2300 viewsjudd

Someone is reporting every post as abuse. Even the one I'm replying to now.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024