Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mclaughlin 17:05 - Aug 17 with 8262 viewsscarrow

signs 1 year deal

Poll: Final position

Mclaughlin on 17:05 - Aug 17 with 5668 viewsmacro

Hope its pay as you play
Mclaughlin on 17:06 - Aug 17 with 5663 viewsfitzochris

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Mclaughlin on 17:08 - Aug 17 with 5638 viewsisitme

Mclaughlin on 17:06 - Aug 17 by fitzochris

If fit he is a good player, but the caveat is 'if fit'. I suspect it will be on reduced terms.

After reading the article the comments by BBM provide a good insight. More of this please.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 17:13]
Mclaughlin on 17:11 - Aug 17 with 5593 viewsThe_Knightowl

Mclaughlin on 17:08 - Aug 17 by isitme

If fit he is a good player, but the caveat is 'if fit'. I suspect it will be on reduced terms.

After reading the article the comments by BBM provide a good insight. More of this please.

"best value option"
Mclaughlin on 17:13 - Aug 17 with 5578 viewsChaffRAFC

Has to be on reduced terms because we can't expect him to play 10 games a season let alone contribute to a full season.

Good player when he plays but we've yet to see it. Big risk this for a club who can't afford to pay passengers.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Mclaughlin on 17:14 - Aug 17 with 5553 viewsboromat

Mclaughlin on 17:13 - Aug 17 by ChaffRAFC

Has to be on reduced terms because we can't expect him to play 10 games a season let alone contribute to a full season.

Good player when he plays but we've yet to see it. Big risk this for a club who can't afford to pay passengers.

Completely agree. I hope it's peanuts or pay as you play.

Going to be a small squad. This feels like a pretty big risk to me and the wage has to take that into account.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Mclaughlin on 17:36 - Aug 17 with 5415 views442Dale

Mclaughlin on 17:08 - Aug 17 by isitme

That insight, which is always positive to give us an idea what our position is, indicates that we’ll be looking at the best options for each position considering the “different constraints” BBM mentions. With that in mind, and listening to how highly the management team spoke about him during the cricket club Q&A, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see MJW return as well.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Mclaughlin on 17:46 - Aug 17 with 5333 viewsNewbury_Dale

Staggering decision. Every wage needs to count next year with finances tight. He's been consistently injured since the day he arrived.
Login to get fewer ads

Mclaughlin on 18:18 - Aug 17 with 5168 viewsscarrow

Mclaughlin on 17:36 - Aug 17 by 442Dale

That insight, which is always positive to give us an idea what our position is, indicates that we’ll be looking at the best options for each position considering the “different constraints” BBM mentions. With that in mind, and listening to how highly the management team spoke about him during the cricket club Q&A, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see MJW return as well.

I could be proved wrong but I was told the mjw wouldn't be offered a new deal whatever (pre covid) because of his demands. Of course no new club as yet might bring him back. Personally though I thought he poor too often last season

Poll: Final position

Mclaughlin on 18:22 - Aug 17 with 5154 viewsfunkkk

BBM's not made too many bad signings, so if he says he's happy the lad's over the worst of his injury problems that'll do me.
Mclaughlin on 18:45 - Aug 17 with 5017 viewsboromat

Another question is what is his position now? Is he still a right back? Or like his most recent cameos is he now a wide midfielder? And is this role change part of the strategy to keep him fit?

Time will tell I suppose.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Mclaughlin on 18:50 - Aug 17 with 4992 viewsJames1980

In the interview he says he is no longer suffering from plantar whatitsface

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Mclaughlin on 19:19 - Aug 17 with 4856 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Mclaughlin on 18:45 - Aug 17 by boromat

Another question is what is his position now? Is he still a right back? Or like his most recent cameos is he now a wide midfielder? And is this role change part of the strategy to keep him fit?

Time will tell I suppose.

Right back on the physio’s table?

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Mclaughlin on 19:45 - Aug 17 with 4740 viewsjonahwhereru

He undoubtedly enhances the quality in the squad, but agree it’s a risk.
BMM has done little if anything wrong in his recruitment and I trust him. Will though be please if we get 20 games out of him this season. So until proven otherwise the RB position cannot be described as sorted.
Mclaughlin on 21:35 - Aug 17 with 4401 viewsChaffRAFC

Mclaughlin on 17:36 - Aug 17 by 442Dale

I get the logic there but where would MJ play? I've tried to come up with a best eleven from what we have and I always end up leaving either Morley, Lund or Ryan on the bench anyway so in a time where we cannot afford the positions we even need, MJ would be a wasted wage on a player and position we don't need.

McLaughlin at least on paper does fill one of the four spots we can't even start the season without whereas MJ wouldn't.

One I wouldn't be surprised to see back on that basis is Aaron Wilbraham. Was possibly worthy of another deal last season even at his age and fits the same criteria of working with players BBM knows and would probably play for a tenner and a twix every week at this stage.

If Calvin rocks up though, someone else can have my season card lol.

With regards McLaughlin, the best value for money line was staggering given that when you combine wages and transfer fee, he probably cost us about £15k per game he played! So it must be a pay as you play deal otherwise it's a massive risk as I mentioned further up the thread and hopefully a deal that allows more to go into any potential forward roles.

Mclaughlin on 22:28 - Aug 17 with 4255 views442Dale

Mclaughlin on 21:35 - Aug 17 by ChaffRAFC

I get the logic there but where would MJ play? I've tried to come up with a best eleven from what we have and I always end up leaving either Morley, Lund or Ryan on the bench anyway so in a time where we cannot afford the positions we even need, MJ would be a wasted wage on a player and position we don't need.

McLaughlin at least on paper does fill one of the four spots we can't even start the season without whereas MJ wouldn't.

One I wouldn't be surprised to see back on that basis is Aaron Wilbraham. Was possibly worthy of another deal last season even at his age and fits the same criteria of working with players BBM knows and would probably play for a tenner and a twix every week at this stage.

If Calvin rocks up though, someone else can have my season card lol.

With regards McLaughlin, the best value for money line was staggering given that when you combine wages and transfer fee, he probably cost us about £15k per game he played! So it must be a pay as you play deal otherwise it's a massive risk as I mentioned further up the thread and hopefully a deal that allows more to go into any potential forward roles.

Agree on MJW and where he’d fit in. Was based almost entirely over how highly they spoke about him.

Also with you on the Wilbraham thing. Would hope we have got better options lined up, but can see him being a real possibility.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Mclaughlin on 23:47 - Aug 17 with 4055 viewsspringfieldparka

I suppose there is an argument that says that Mclaughlin has had 6 months plus of no football to get over his long term injuries , so I'm happy to give benefit of the doubt on this signing .

The MJW argument is slightly different ; I do worry we're a potential centre back short and , at a pinch , I could accept him as a back up who also provides back up in other area that don't , maybe , have the same priority .

Whilst these peripheral arguments continue , where , for crying out loud , is any news of potential striker signings where , by my reckoning , we need at least 2 between now and September . If BBM fails to deliver on that agenda , he will have failed miserably as far as I'm concerned , and no excuses . The need has been obvious for three months or more , with amle chance to plan ahead .
Mclaughlin on 04:36 - Aug 18 with 3926 viewsjacko_dale

Having suffered with plantar fasciitis over the years and struggled to get out of bed at times, I can only hope for his and our sake it's behind him as it's difficult to stand up at its worst - never mind play football!
Mclaughlin on 06:40 - Aug 18 with 3851 viewstodmordendale

From a fellow sufferer, I understand that Jacko.
Best wishes to McLaughlin and I hope he can put this behind him.
Mclaughlin on 09:11 - Aug 18 with 3654 viewsaleanddale

Welcome back Ryan.

A good addition if the lad can stay fit and well.

Not sure BBM needed to take the risk but now he is with us i am fully behind the lad.
Mclaughlin on 10:02 - Aug 18 with 3578 viewsChaffRAFC

Mclaughlin on 23:47 - Aug 17 by springfieldparka

I suppose there is an argument that says that Mclaughlin has had 6 months plus of no football to get over his long term injuries , so I'm happy to give benefit of the doubt on this signing .

The MJW argument is slightly different ; I do worry we're a potential centre back short and , at a pinch , I could accept him as a back up who also provides back up in other area that don't , maybe , have the same priority .

Whilst these peripheral arguments continue , where , for crying out loud , is any news of potential striker signings where , by my reckoning , we need at least 2 between now and September . If BBM fails to deliver on that agenda , he will have failed miserably as far as I'm concerned , and no excuses . The need has been obvious for three months or more , with amle chance to plan ahead .

No excuses?

We evidently don't have anything that resembles a budget to compete in League One. That is not the manager's fault.

The fact we're having to bring back McLaughlin suggests we are absolutely potless.

Fully expect Joe Bunney to sign now having been released by Bolton which would be the left back ticked off, albeit poorly.

Strikers cost wages and you can's seriously think BBM doesn't want a plethora of striking options, he just can't afford them.

Mclaughlin on 10:03 - Aug 18 with 3571 viewsisitme

Mclaughlin on 10:02 - Aug 18 by ChaffRAFC

No excuses?

We evidently don't have anything that resembles a budget to compete in League One. That is not the manager's fault.

The fact we're having to bring back McLaughlin suggests we are absolutely potless.

Fully expect Joe Bunney to sign now having been released by Bolton which would be the left back ticked off, albeit poorly.

Strikers cost wages and you can's seriously think BBM doesn't want a plethora of striking options, he just can't afford them.

He must be waiting to see what he can get on loan, but probably these players are not yet available, especially those from premier league clubs.
Mclaughlin on 15:29 - Aug 18 with 3253 viewsTomRAFC

As everyone else has said, great player when fit. Let's hope he stays fit.

The resigning of Wilbraham would fill a gap, or COG released by Bolton. Not huge sources of goals but offer strength and experience to stop Baah or Tavares getting eaten alive. They're great prospects but they aren't physical type players.

Bunney gets a lot of stick and often gets caught out of position but his crossing was an asset when he was here. Wouldn't be overjoyed but better the devil you know?

The out and out goalscoring striker remains a mystery.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Mclaughlin on 16:29 - Aug 18 with 3130 viewsNigeriamark

Mclaughlin on 10:02 - Aug 18 by ChaffRAFC

No excuses?

Can't see us signing any decent players until close to the start of the season. There are hundreds of players that have been released many from a higher level. With almost a month to go to the start of the season they and their agents will not be dropping demands just yet & I wouldn't want us to be paying a lot just because other teams seem to be more active. I would imagine we have some budget for one or 2 decent signings but only once we get close to the start of the season and players start to drop wage demands.
Mclaughlin on 17:38 - Aug 18 with 3001 viewsSuddenLad

Mclaughlin on 16:29 - Aug 18 by Nigeriamark

Can't see us signing any decent players until close to the start of the season. There are hundreds of players that have been released many from a higher level. With almost a month to go to the start of the season they and their agents will not be dropping demands just yet & I wouldn't want us to be paying a lot just because other teams seem to be more active. I would imagine we have some budget for one or 2 decent signings but only once we get close to the start of the season and players start to drop wage demands.

There is absolutely zero chance of us 'paying a lot' for anyone.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024