Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super Sanchez 06:24 - Feb 4 with 1750 viewsrkershaw

Brighton have conceded only 10 goals in their last 11 Premiership games with Sanchez in goal....... keeping 5 clean sheets.....maybe that is the reason why we are conceding so many goals this season??!!
[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 7:01]
Super Sanchez on 08:20 - Feb 4 with 1635 viewsdingdangblue

It's one of the reasons, Bazunu is good - and has pulled off some great saves this season but he has also been at fault for a few too. Just Sanchez sheer stature is a huge advantage (there was one corner at Anfield in injury time last night and he came out to the penalty spot to claim the cross). When you have a keeper prepared and able to do that it takes so much pressure off the defence. They said last night it was the first time in Brighton's top flight history they've had 4 consecutive clean sheets.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Super Sanchez on 09:44 - Feb 4 with 1523 views1907

He’s alright Bazunu, but Sanchez is another level.

We should be rightly proud of our club for how much Sanchez developed & bettered himself during his time with us last season.

If you remember his early days we were all on pins every time the ball went near him such was his casualness & calmness in his own box. He made a few errors & cost us a few goals but to his credit he learned from those mistakes & is now rightly regarded as one of the best young keepers in the world!

He comes across as a fantastic bloke on his social media & I wish him all the success for the rest of his career.
Super Sanchez on 10:06 - Feb 4 with 1477 viewsAtThePeake

I thought Sanchez was really good but I didn't expect him to be Premier League quality quite so soon. Thought he would be sent out to the Championship this year but he's really stepped up. Gone from conceding 6 at Peterborough to keeping clean sheets at Tottenham and Liverpool a season later!

Tangled up in blue.

Super Sanchez on 10:18 - Feb 4 with 1442 viewsNigeriamark

Super Sanchez on 10:06 - Feb 4 by AtThePeake

I thought Sanchez was really good but I didn't expect him to be Premier League quality quite so soon. Thought he would be sent out to the Championship this year but he's really stepped up. Gone from conceding 6 at Peterborough to keeping clean sheets at Tottenham and Liverpool a season later!

Haha, that game at Peterborough last season was unbelievable with almost a season of errors in 1 game. Bet he didn’t have that on his highlights reel when he went back to Brighton. Other than that game and a couple more errors, he was superb and won us points last year
Super Sanchez on 10:24 - Feb 4 with 1430 viewsDaleiLama

Super Sanchez on 08:20 - Feb 4 by dingdangblue

It's one of the reasons, Bazunu is good - and has pulled off some great saves this season but he has also been at fault for a few too. Just Sanchez sheer stature is a huge advantage (there was one corner at Anfield in injury time last night and he came out to the penalty spot to claim the cross). When you have a keeper prepared and able to do that it takes so much pressure off the defence. They said last night it was the first time in Brighton's top flight history they've had 4 consecutive clean sheets.

Was having similar thoughts to the OP seeing the end of the highlights of L'pool game on MotD. What a 2021 it's been for him. Brighton conceded 3 on the 2nd of Jan to Wolves but since then they've conceded 1 goal in 5 matches facing some potent attacks including Leeds, Liverpool (less so of late), City, Fulham and Spurs. Brilliant.

Agree with your summation DDB - Bazunu is a great shot stopper but his command of the area and decision making are a way behind Sanchez so far.

Tip of the cap to Bobby. Great to see him succeed and I'm sure it's been widely noticed where he played last season.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Super Sanchez on 10:54 - Feb 4 with 1365 viewsJames1980

A very good loan signing for us and his progression to first team premier league football can only be a positive advert for how the right players develop when on loan at Rochdale.
On Bazunu I am sure the new coach will work with him on taking charge of his area more.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Super Sanchez on 12:28 - Feb 4 with 1221 viewsD_Alien

For me, Sanchez' most impressive performance was at Old Trafford. He made a string of saves and gave our defence a look of solidity that night that allowed us to stay in the game

Got his chance with Brighton and now doing the same for them

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Super Sanchez on 13:46 - Feb 4 with 1119 viewsdingdangblue

Super Sanchez on 12:28 - Feb 4 by D_Alien

For me, Sanchez' most impressive performance was at Old Trafford. He made a string of saves and gave our defence a look of solidity that night that allowed us to stay in the game

Got his chance with Brighton and now doing the same for them

I'm still amazed he didn't save a penalty the night he was having.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024