Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. 14:12 - Apr 14 with 2299 viewsBigKindo

Having assiduously read the announcements and postings over the past few days it would appear that there is one major problem, on which most posters if not all agree, the unacceptable performance by the CEO David Bottomley. With an impending EGM he should be concerned that his less than professional tenure at the Club is brought into question. Therefore he should perhaps leave the club whilst he has a shred of credibility to dangle in front of other prospective employers. He should also be concerned that if the club goes under, as a Director he can be investigated and if found wanting could be disqualified from Directorships within other organisations. This would perhaps include his Directorship on the Board of the Rochdale Development Agency, a Company owned by Rochdale MBC, and which as we know uses taxpayer funding. So I conclude that the answer is that Bottomley departs the club 'for personal reasons' before the EGM. This will give those remaining on the Board of Directors sufficient breathing space to re-think and re-consolidate the Club's position which may have a more positive outcome than with Bottomley's steering the ship towards the rocks.
Will he step down? No he is too stubborn. So no additional coffee mug for the collection in the offing.
Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 14:22 - Apr 14 with 2249 viewsjudd

Have you tried emailing him?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 14:42 - Apr 14 with 2151 viewsDalenet

Thing is BK, there is a big difference between not liking how he is running the club, and assuming that he is taking it over the edge.

The latest set of accounts will show that the club made a profit according to what Mr Pockney said at the fans forum. We know that the pandemic has created an income challenge since and we aren't the only club to have a cashflow problem. The issue is whether he, and the Board, have made the right choices and decisions recognising that we can't see the numbers in the way they can. I simply don't know whether there has been any inappropriate behaviour and their first responsibility is to protect the assets for shareholders. We might find that they have done a good job with that in isolation.

As for the decisions taken with footballing matters that is down to personal opinion. I hate watching our brand of football and it saddens me greatly to see us capitulate in the way we have. The Board clearly don't mind. I don't like that the club hasn't responded to emails from fans for 6 months, even those that were trying to help with new income streams. I don't believe that we have lived up to our values or the Charter. He is accountable for that. But if he can show he has done his best with the finances available why would we expect him to resign. The shareholders can remove him from the Board, but they can't make him resign from his job.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 15:02]
Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 14:46 - Apr 14 with 2140 viewsD_Alien

There can be no sympathy for him

No "he did his best" or "he worked hard and put forward a good image of the club to the national media". It's my honest opinion that he's done nothing except further his own interests whilst picking up a salary. He was the prime mover in the "retirement" of Chris Dunphy. He'd no chance of gaining paid employment within the club whilst CD was Chairman, and has been disrespectful to him since, not least at a fan's forum

Whatever the rights or wrongs of that, what goes round, comes round. It's an old saying, but it's one which he now needs to take heed of. It's a very sad state of affairs when the football starts to take second place to events within the administration of the club. That's certainly how i felt last night, but until David Bottomley is gone, there will be no resting place for him within the environs of Spotland

[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 14:49]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 14:58 - Apr 14 with 2086 viewsjudd

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 14:42 - Apr 14 by Dalenet

Thing is BK, there is a big difference between not liking how he is running the club, and assuming that he is taking it over the edge.

The latest set of accounts will show that the club made a profit according to what Mr Pockney said at the fans forum. We know that the pandemic has created an income challenge since and we aren't the only club to have a cashflow problem. The issue is whether he, and the Board, have made the right choices and decisions recognising that we can't see the numbers in the way they can. I simply don't know whether there has been any inappropriate behaviour and their first responsibility is to protect the assets for shareholders. We might find that they have done a good job with that in isolation.

As for the decisions taken with footballing matters that is down to personal opinion. I hate watching our brand of football and it saddens me greatly to see us capitulate in the way we have. The Board clearly don't mind. I don't like that the club hasn't responded to emails from fans for 6 months, even those that were trying to help with new income streams. I don't believe that we have lived up to our values or the Charter. He is accountable for that. But if he can show he has done his best with the finances available why would we expect him to resign. The shareholders can remove him from the Board, but they can't make him resign from his job.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 15:02]

That profit was, in part, attributed to "a couple of fortuitous things", according to the CE in Forbes magazine, September 2020.

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 15:03 - Apr 14 with 2066 viewsIOMDale

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 14:58 - Apr 14 by judd

That profit was, in part, attributed to "a couple of fortuitous things", according to the CE in Forbes magazine, September 2020.

One of them being the Dawson money. Perhaps fortuitous in the eyes of DB because it was before his time but in the eyes of most, excellent negotiating.

Under the stewardship of CD, coincidentally. Just sayin’.

UTDNFS

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 15:05 - Apr 14 with 2057 viewsDalenet

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 14:58 - Apr 14 by judd

Indeed it was Judd. Player sales always seem to get us out of a hole. We don't have another model do we?

I won't lose any sleep if DB is replaced. Just trying to act rationally in the spirit of D Aliens plea not to make it personal yesterday
Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 15:15 - Apr 14 with 2006 viewsjudd

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 15:05 - Apr 14 by Dalenet

Indeed it was Judd. Player sales always seem to get us out of a hole. We don't have another model do we?

I won't lose any sleep if DB is replaced. Just trying to act rationally in the spirit of D Aliens plea not to make it personal yesterday

Player sales of the type referenced were the basis for a hugely successful model.

D_Alien does make valid points about the disrespect shown to Chris Dunphy at a fans forum and it will be remembered. CD may have made a big mistake with the playing budget in his final season, but people would do well not to equate profit/loss with cash.

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 15:28 - Apr 14 with 1947 viewsBigKindo

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 14:22 - Apr 14 by judd

Have you tried emailing him?

Absolutely no point in doing that.
Login to get fewer ads

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 15:41 - Apr 14 with 1889 viewsD_Alien

Glad to hear it

Vehement rationality is even better, as is avoiding infighting

[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 15:57]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 15:55 - Apr 14 with 1835 views49thseason

The folly is depending on a stream of income which cannot be regarded as stable and predictable and then attempting to put out a team which is paid for , at least in part , from that unpredictable income. An even greater folly is to disassemble a perfectly good lottery system which , had it not been unloved for a number of seasons could still be producing a sizable income. The non-football side of the club needs to be urgently and massively expanded across as wide an area as possible, especially on the other side of Heywood.
Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 16:21 - Apr 14 with 1756 viewsjudd

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 15:55 - Apr 14 by 49thseason

The folly is depending on a stream of income which cannot be regarded as stable and predictable and then attempting to put out a team which is paid for , at least in part , from that unpredictable income. An even greater folly is to disassemble a perfectly good lottery system which , had it not been unloved for a number of seasons could still be producing a sizable income. The non-football side of the club needs to be urgently and massively expanded across as wide an area as possible, especially on the other side of Heywood.

We've got the Halloween stadium tours. Perhaps we could do a summer holiday matinee one?

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 16:24 - Apr 14 with 1740 viewsIOMDale

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 16:21 - Apr 14 by judd

We've got the Halloween stadium tours. Perhaps we could do a summer holiday matinee one?

Including a commemorative cocktail umbrella.

UTDNFS

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 19:06 - Apr 14 with 1546 viewsseasidedale

The Dawson money can’t be included in 2020 finances, as Mr Pockey said at the forum, it is coming this summer, when Watford signed Dawson, WBA agreed to the transfer fee being deferred for 12 month, strange I know.
Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 19:09 - Apr 14 with 1526 viewsjudd

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 19:06 - Apr 14 by seasidedale

The Dawson money can’t be included in 2020 finances, as Mr Pockey said at the forum, it is coming this summer, when Watford signed Dawson, WBA agreed to the transfer fee being deferred for 12 month, strange I know.

I think it is payable in 2 lots, like Luke's £650k, which we've had.

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 19:22 - Apr 14 with 1471 viewsblackdogblue

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 19:09 - Apr 14 by judd

I think it is payable in 2 lots, like Luke's £650k, which we've had.

Said this before, there was some negotiations to accept a lower figure for Craig rather than wait

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 19:28 - Apr 14 with 1446 viewstony_roch975

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 19:22 - Apr 14 by blackdogblue

Said this before, there was some negotiations to accept a lower figure for Craig rather than wait

Think this had something to do with it -
"West Brom have become the latest club to offload the right to receive a future transfer payment to a bank in exchange for immediate cash. A filing to Companies House shows the Baggies have assigned to Macquarie Bank Limited a future payment owed to the club of £2,395,300, stemming from Craig Dawson's summer move to Watford. Watford are due to pay West Brom the instalment on 1 September 2021 - but that fee will now go to the Australian bank; West Brom will take the cash now instead." from BirminghamLive 19 Dec 2019

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 19:43 - Apr 14 with 1406 viewsblackdogblue

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 19:28 - Apr 14 by tony_roch975

Think this had something to do with it -
"West Brom have become the latest club to offload the right to receive a future transfer payment to a bank in exchange for immediate cash. A filing to Companies House shows the Baggies have assigned to Macquarie Bank Limited a future payment owed to the club of £2,395,300, stemming from Craig Dawson's summer move to Watford. Watford are due to pay West Brom the instalment on 1 September 2021 - but that fee will now go to the Australian bank; West Brom will take the cash now instead." from BirminghamLive 19 Dec 2019

It rings some bells, it seems an eternity ago with lockdown but all “interested parties” had to agree...I don’t know much about how much just the rough details..

Unless Dale publish complete accounts we will never know the compromise agreement figure.

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 19:47 - Apr 14 with 1387 viewsjudd

Perhaps a simple solution to the problems at Dale. on 19:43 - Apr 14 by blackdogblue

It rings some bells, it seems an eternity ago with lockdown but all “interested parties” had to agree...I don’t know much about how much just the rough details..

Unless Dale publish complete accounts we will never know the compromise agreement figure.

Yeah, can't remember if they took cash before or after May 2020.

Can't remember if Tony Pockney said more was due neither.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024