Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley 15:53 - Dec 30 with 11948 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-hull-barnsley-portsmouth-eyeing-swoo

Looks like Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth are all poised for the talented midfielder.

I can't see him going to the South Coast but then Andy Cannon did go there in 2019 but is also now at Hull.

Did Cannon and Morley ever play in the same Dale team or did they crossover?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 16:19 - Dec 30 with 5587 viewsblackdogblue

Give him a new contract immediately.. he would be worth more then 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 16:23 - Dec 30 with 5571 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Pretty sure both Cannon and Morley played together for quite a few games...TVOS will be along shortly to confirm.

That FA Cup goal must have attracted a few suitors for the "Dale Ace"!
Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 16:28 - Dec 30 with 5536 viewsBoss_Hog

The Cowley brothers were at the Notts County cup replay, presumably watching Morley.
Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 16:31 - Dec 30 with 5501 viewsTVOS1907

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 16:23 - Dec 30 by Yorkshire_Dale

Pretty sure both Cannon and Morley played together for quite a few games...TVOS will be along shortly to confirm.

That FA Cup goal must have attracted a few suitors for the "Dale Ace"!

Soccerbase is your friend here.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 16:40 - Dec 30 with 5444 viewsJames1980

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 16:31 - Dec 30 by TVOS1907

Soccerbase is your friend here.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=94489&season_id=149

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 16:45 - Dec 30 with 5428 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 16:40 - Dec 30 by James1980

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=94489&season_id=149

Based on that he played a lot with Andy Cannon!

I found this that said Shrewsbury failed with a bid of £150,000 in the Summer.

https://the72.co.uk/248163/shrewsbury-town-fail-with-150000-bid-for-rochdale-ace

No disrespect to them but Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth are far bigger clubs than Shrewsbury.

I think the Chairman said too that there is no need to sell so it will need to be the right offer, but you can't stand in the way of a player and he has given 5 years of good service having been in our youth set-up for some time.

He also might be sitting on a new contract offer.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 17:26 - Dec 30 with 5273 viewsJames1980

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 16:45 - Dec 30 by RAFCBLUE

Based on that he played a lot with Andy Cannon!

I found this that said Shrewsbury failed with a bid of £150,000 in the Summer.

https://the72.co.uk/248163/shrewsbury-town-fail-with-150000-bid-for-rochdale-ace

No disrespect to them but Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth are far bigger clubs than Shrewsbury.

I think the Chairman said too that there is no need to sell so it will need to be the right offer, but you can't stand in the way of a player and he has given 5 years of good service having been in our youth set-up for some time.

He also might be sitting on a new contract offer.

We would be entitled to compensation if he left when out of contract wouldn't we?

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 17:36 - Dec 30 with 5216 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 17:26 - Dec 30 by James1980

We would be entitled to compensation if he left when out of contract wouldn't we?

Yes, a fee is always payable if its an English club that takes him when his contract expires. That fee would be determined by a tribunal.

If he moved to Scotland or overseas, for instance, then no fee would be payable under the Bosman rules.

I doubt it will get to tribunal if the right bid is received and the player wants to pursue that bid. We have never stood in anyone's way historically if the bid is at the right level.

Login to get fewer ads

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 17:48 - Dec 30 with 5172 viewsJames1980

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 17:36 - Dec 30 by RAFCBLUE

Yes, a fee is always payable if its an English club that takes him when his contract expires. That fee would be determined by a tribunal.

If he moved to Scotland or overseas, for instance, then no fee would be payable under the Bosman rules.

I doubt it will get to tribunal if the right bid is received and the player wants to pursue that bid. We have never stood in anyone's way historically if the bid is at the right level.

So if we don't accept a fee for Morley in January and he decided not to extend his contract. It is a gamble, that his value to the club over the rest of the season plus compensation awarded is greater than that fee.

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 18:26 - Dec 30 with 5065 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 17:48 - Dec 30 by James1980

So if we don't accept a fee for Morley in January and he decided not to extend his contract. It is a gamble, that his value to the club over the rest of the season plus compensation awarded is greater than that fee.

There are number of possibilities, James. Morley is out of contract in June 2022 and there are a few options:

OPTION 1: If no one comes in for him in January and Morley doesn't sign a new contract then we will get a tribunal determined fee (English club) or nothing if Morley leaves England (for Scotland or overseas)

OPTION 2: He signs a new contract and that June 2022 expiry date is pushed back. Up to the club to offer a contract and up to Morley to consider it.

OPTION 3: Another club makes a bid to sign him permanently in January 2022. That bit has to be accepted by the club before the player could move, the player can't have any influence. It's up to the club to choose if that works.

There look to be at least 3 clubs (2 Championship + 1 League 1) interested. He's not going anywhere in January unless they bid the right level AND he is happy to move.

Moving in January depends on an acceptable bid being received. £150,000 was deemed unacceptable in the Summer when Shrewsbury bid that amount.

What will Portsmouth, Hull and Barnsley table? That's a matter for them if they want to talk to the player.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2021 18:29]

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 18:47 - Dec 30 with 4999 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 18:26 - Dec 30 by RAFCBLUE

There are number of possibilities, James. Morley is out of contract in June 2022 and there are a few options:

OPTION 1: If no one comes in for him in January and Morley doesn't sign a new contract then we will get a tribunal determined fee (English club) or nothing if Morley leaves England (for Scotland or overseas)

OPTION 2: He signs a new contract and that June 2022 expiry date is pushed back. Up to the club to offer a contract and up to Morley to consider it.

OPTION 3: Another club makes a bid to sign him permanently in January 2022. That bit has to be accepted by the club before the player could move, the player can't have any influence. It's up to the club to choose if that works.

There look to be at least 3 clubs (2 Championship + 1 League 1) interested. He's not going anywhere in January unless they bid the right level AND he is happy to move.

Moving in January depends on an acceptable bid being received. £150,000 was deemed unacceptable in the Summer when Shrewsbury bid that amount.

What will Portsmouth, Hull and Barnsley table? That's a matter for them if they want to talk to the player.

A bid of £250K plus in Jan would definitely test the Chair’s resolve. That kind of money in the current climate of postponements with resulting revenue problems ?
Tough one…
Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 18:56 - Dec 30 with 4954 viewsJames1980

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 18:26 - Dec 30 by RAFCBLUE

So probably the biggest risk from those scenarios is Aaron not signing a contract extension and leaving for a club in Scotland or Overseas.

Has there been rumours about interest from clubs north of Hadrian's Wall in Morley
[Post edited 30 Dec 2021 19:06]

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 19:12 - Dec 30 with 4891 viewsdownunder

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 18:56 - Dec 30 by James1980

So probably the biggest risk from those scenarios is Aaron not signing a contract extension and leaving for a club in Scotland or Overseas.

Has there been rumours about interest from clubs north of Hadrian's Wall in Morley
[Post edited 30 Dec 2021 19:06]

It occurred to me that having left the EU, Bosman would no longer apply.
I found this...
Brexit has ended the free movement of labour between the UK and the EU. To this extent, it represents a reversal of the Bosman ruling. Clubs wishing to sign foreign players must now apply for a work permit, irrespective of whether these players are moving from EU or non-EU.
Can one of our legal experts clarify,? I admit I am out of my depth, but seems there is a reduction in the risk of the club losing out..
[Post edited 30 Dec 2021 22:30]
Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 19:31 - Dec 30 with 4823 viewskel

Can’t be true this.

All the experts on the Facebook groups say he’s garbage.
Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 21:01 - Dec 30 with 4609 views49thseason

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 18:47 - Dec 30 by Plattyswrinklynuts

A bid of £250K plus in Jan would definitely test the Chair’s resolve. That kind of money in the current climate of postponements with resulting revenue problems ?
Tough one…

I would be tempted to start at £750k and be prepared to go to £450k unless someone has a player we might need as well. The lad is at the top of all sorts of stats and has lots of game time. I think other clubs will in the mix before the end of January so a bit of bid and counter bid should be expected.
Its a test for the new board but at least Keith Hill won't be getting a share of it...if he ever did! Is Brierley ready to step up? Broadbent?
Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 21:05 - Dec 30 with 4602 viewsShun

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 19:31 - Dec 30 by kel

Can’t be true this.

And, according to the statisticians on Twitter (non-Dale ones, mind you), he's one of the best midfielders in the EFL. The truth is between the two I would suggest!
Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 21:38 - Dec 30 with 4531 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 19:12 - Dec 30 by downunder

It occurred to me that having left the EU, Bosman would no longer apply.
I found this...
Brexit has ended the free movement of labour between the UK and the EU. To this extent, it represents a reversal of the Bosman ruling. Clubs wishing to sign foreign players must now apply for a work permit, irrespective of whether these players are moving from EU or non-EU.
Can one of our legal experts clarify,? I admit I am out of my depth, but seems there is a reduction in the risk of the club losing out..
[Post edited 30 Dec 2021 22:30]

Whilst the UK has left the EU, English clubs are governed by UEFA and thus Bosman.

The work permit point is slightly different - they are needed and the process has changed - if Morley moved to, say Germany, he would need the appropriate work permit there but that is not usually an issue for footballers.

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 21:41 - Dec 30 with 4492 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 21:01 - Dec 30 by 49thseason

I would be tempted to start at £750k and be prepared to go to £450k unless someone has a player we might need as well. The lad is at the top of all sorts of stats and has lots of game time. I think other clubs will in the mix before the end of January so a bit of bid and counter bid should be expected.
Its a test for the new board but at least Keith Hill won't be getting a share of it...if he ever did! Is Brierley ready to step up? Broadbent?

Worth reminding ourselves of what the club said:

Naturally, we expect bids from other clubs for some of our players during January. The recent Plymouth FA Cup game saw the Club host scouts from 18 different clubs, including two English Premier League and Four Scottish Premier League clubs and, as you would expect, there is strong interest in our excellent players who we all know have significant long-term potential and value. Rochdale AFC has, for many years, developed some excellent players who have gone on to play in the Premier League.

Four Scottish Premier League clubs you might think are in for Morley for the reasons James1980 describes - question is will they stump up funds in the January window to get their man?

Interesting on the stats point and the club's reference to the Premier League.

It's clear that a lot of work is going on on valuation and that there is no need to sell, doing so will be a choice.

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 22:04 - Dec 30 with 4401 viewsTVOS1907

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 21:01 - Dec 30 by 49thseason

Broadbent's loan expires this week.

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 22:16 - Dec 30 with 4345 views49thseason

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 22:04 - Dec 30 by TVOS1907

Broadbent's loan expires this week.

I suspect we might make a move for him. No particular reason except I think RS rates him.
Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 22:20 - Dec 30 with 4338 viewsJames1980

https://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/

Based on the case studies cited here I'd like to think we would get at least £150k compensation for Morley

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 22:36 - Dec 30 with 4267 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 22:20 - Dec 30 by James1980

https://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/

Based on the case studies cited here I'd like to think we would get at least £150k compensation for Morley

Great find.

Normal rules of offering to buy something - go with the lowest price you think you can get.

Shrewsbury offering £150k this Summer sets a nice floor for a player who might leave on a tribunal decided fee in Summer 2022.

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 22:47 - Dec 30 with 4207 viewsTVOS1907

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 22:16 - Dec 30 by 49thseason

I suspect we might make a move for him. No particular reason except I think RS rates him.

Possibly, but he has only made four league starts and four as a sub, so I'm not too sure.

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 23:24 - Dec 30 with 4146 viewsRAFCBLUE

Based on your find, James ( https://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/) and the following:

RAFC Academy:
https://rochdaleafcyouth.co.uk/player-success/players-success-09/

Soccerbase:
https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=94489

Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Morley

The facts for Aaron Morley if it went to tribunal are going to look like this:

* Joined the Rochdale Academy as an Under 15 so been at the club for approximately 7 years
* Signed his first pro contract in March 2017 as a 17 year old
* Now on his third pro contract with Rochdale which ends in June 2022
* 120 appearance all competitions / 93 league appearances (so far) since turning pro.

Looking at that article, you'd be hard pressed to not be holding out for a top fee knowing that you can go to tribunal in the Summer.

That said, a Championship club will pay a good fee now to get ahead and get him now and not risk the lottery of the Summer.

In the hands of the market to some extent but Hull were in for Rathbone if memory serves and Cannon has ended up there.

What is it with the Hull City scouting system and Rochdale academy midfielders?

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 23:30 - Dec 30 with 4123 viewsfunkkk

Hull, Barnsley and Portsmouth eyeing swoop for Aaron Morley on 19:31 - Dec 30 by kel

Can’t be true this.

Plenty on here say the same tbf.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024