Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OAFC 08:29 - Aug 15 with 3787 viewssomdale

Over 8000 at Oldham Saturday, has to be said very impressive they way they have responded to dropping into the National league.
It seems strange to me that it has to get to that stage before people support their local club, and you wonder what would be the outcome, should the worst happen to the Dale, and we suffer the same fate, would be good if we could get the fans in now and grow rather than waiting for a downturn.
Imagine Oldham going a season with those gates, relegation could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
OAFC on 08:47 - Aug 15 with 3726 viewsSaxonDale

Very impressive.

We’ve got more twitter followers, though.
OAFC on 09:07 - Aug 15 with 3677 viewsDalenet

The same happened with Stockport too if I recall. Almost galvanised support again.

Sadly I don't think it would happen to us. We have never been well supported and have not really been able to push through the 4000 barrier in the modern era even when we were doing well in League One. I fear for us if we fell out of the EFL - many people would walk away and rebuilding would be very hard indeed. I hope the Board realise that too and nobody thinks that we could do a Stockport or Oldham in terms of support or income. And there are some big clubs down there that command good support.

But hope it works for Owdum
OAFC on 09:22 - Aug 15 with 3630 viewspioneer

Change of ownership probably the key element of the boost to gates.

Hornets take note! Their attendance has plummeted by 50% even though they are chasing promotion.
OAFC on 09:42 - Aug 15 with 3592 viewsSuddenLad

OAFC on 09:22 - Aug 15 by pioneer

Hornets take note! Their attendance has plummeted by 50% even though they are chasing promotion.

Ah, that's simply because people don't know where they play, now that the sign has been taken down.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

OAFC on 11:14 - Aug 15 with 3417 viewsTVOS1907

OAFC on 09:22 - Aug 15 by pioneer

But Hornets play a dying sport that has limited interest, whereas Oldham don't.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

OAFC on 11:19 - Aug 15 with 3395 viewsBucketBstard

Thats a good turn out, all ready for taking over towns like Solihull, Boreham Wood, Eastleigh and Dorking. LOL
OAFC on 12:45 - Aug 15 with 3205 viewsAtThePeake

OAFC on 08:47 - Aug 15 by SaxonDale

Very impressive.

We’ve got more twitter followers, though.

Tangled up in blue.

OAFC on 19:29 - Aug 15 with 2867 views49thseason

OAFC on 09:07 - Aug 15 by Dalenet

The same happened with Stockport too if I recall. Almost galvanised support again.

Sadly I don't think it would happen to us. We have never been well supported and have not really been able to push through the 4000 barrier in the modern era even when we were doing well in League One. I fear for us if we fell out of the EFL - many people would walk away and rebuilding would be very hard indeed. I hope the Board realise that too and nobody thinks that we could do a Stockport or Oldham in terms of support or income. And there are some big clubs down there that command good support.

But hope it works for Owdum

I guess the expectations of their fanbase will be sky high. So far so good, but it would be a tad naive to imagine they will march straight back into L2, my worry would be swapping places with them or more likely, joining them.
Now we are fan-owned we can keep the predators at bay, but what if a genuine white knight turns up prepared to put serious money into RAFC? Would we turn it down?
Login to get fewer ads

OAFC on 11:37 - Aug 16 with 2505 viewsDorkingDale

OAFC on 11:19 - Aug 15 by BucketBstard

Thats a good turn out, all ready for taking over towns like Solihull, Boreham Wood, Eastleigh and Dorking. LOL

Oi! Less of the dissing good old Dorks....
OAFC on 11:38 - Aug 16 with 2495 viewsDorkingDale

Don't forget that included one coach load from Dorks!
OAFC on 18:17 - Aug 16 with 2256 viewsDale_4_Life

OAFC on 11:38 - Aug 16 by DorkingDale

Don't forget that included one coach load from Dorks!

OAFC on 18:35 - Aug 16 with 2224 viewsblackdogblue

One of the Pie Kebab Wigan fans mentioned something this morning at work about the Biffos..

He had seen something on the news or social media that the new owner was up early posting free tickets through letterboxes?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

OAFC on 10:54 - Aug 17 with 1922 viewsD_Alien

Dale woes aside, i wonder what the near-7000 Latics fans made of a home defeat to Wealdstone last night?

There but for the grace, etc. Except our gate would be more like 700

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

OAFC on 14:30 - Aug 17 with 1770 viewsAtThePeake

OAFC on 18:35 - Aug 16 by blackdogblue

One of the Pie Kebab Wigan fans mentioned something this morning at work about the Biffos..

He had seen something on the news or social media that the new owner was up early posting free tickets through letterboxes?

They sent free tickets to residents that live on the streets near the ground as a goodwill gesture after the disruption caused by the protests over the last few years. A nice touch.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024