Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 2 Survival 13:54 - Jan 18 with 4559 viewsdurbandale

I watch/read from miles away in Durban , South Africa.

Are JB and staff capable of getting the Dale to safety this year ?

Zero cash etc but losing most games by 1 is frustrating.

Myself , born in 56 , in S.Africa since 64. Would love to see Dale remain in the league
till I depart.

Hoping we are still in 22nd at the season end - but note all the rest are splasing a little cash!

Up the Dale and cross my fingers.

Get a link to a sponsoring parent club in a hurry ?

A bit of a ramble but i think a shake up is needed NOW|
League 2 Survival on 14:00 - Jan 18 with 4511 viewsDorkingDale

More worried about our league status than I have been in 50 odd years - and that's saying something. We desperately need to sign new players, but there is no money to spend. Just checked my lottery account, but only won 2 Lucky Dips...
League 2 Survival on 14:29 - Jan 18 with 4422 viewsBillyRudd

League 2 Survival on 14:00 - Jan 18 by DorkingDale

More worried about our league status than I have been in 50 odd years - and that's saying something. We desperately need to sign new players, but there is no money to spend. Just checked my lottery account, but only won 2 Lucky Dips...

Certainly since the late Eighties.
Don,t despair Dorking, I think most of our squad were "Unlucky Dips"

ps
Just waiting for the resident nuisance to turn up now complaining I am not genuflecting to all things Dale.
League 2 Survival on 14:40 - Jan 18 with 4364 viewsD_Alien

Yes, Durban, we are capable of pulling through this season but it'll likely be touch and go, and the team need support. Good to see you're still interested from afar

If we do, there are plans afoot to try to prevent something like this situation happening again, so hopefully your wish to see us remain in the football league will be granted

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

League 2 Survival on 17:24 - Jan 18 with 4029 viewsblackdogblue

It’s great to hear we have foreign supporter clubs even if they consist of one member..

Jesus needs to come over again & bring us some luck

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

League 2 Survival on 18:17 - Jan 18 with 3924 viewsmikehunt

League 2 Survival on 17:24 - Jan 18 by blackdogblue

It’s great to hear we have foreign supporter clubs even if they consist of one member..

Jesus needs to come over again & bring us some luck

Yes. I noticed Norwegian and Irish flags in the stands the previous couple of games.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

League 2 Survival on 22:42 - Jan 18 with 3604 viewsSheffdale

Commercial break: There are 108 non England Exiles so far this season who are members of the Dale Trust. And a flag in the main stand of course. None from South Africa yet Durbandale but you could alter that. - our door is always open! The Trust tries to make Exiles feel connected to Dale matters and many will meet up at the annual Exiles day on 4 March for the game against Stevenage.
League 2 Survival on 00:52 - Jan 19 with 3497 viewsDorkingDale

League 2 Survival on 22:42 - Jan 18 by Sheffdale

Commercial break: There are 108 non England Exiles so far this season who are members of the Dale Trust. And a flag in the main stand of course. None from South Africa yet Durbandale but you could alter that. - our door is always open! The Trust tries to make Exiles feel connected to Dale matters and many will meet up at the annual Exiles day on 4 March for the game against Stevenage.

108 - that's good going SheffDale.

Thanks for your continued efforts in looking after all of us Exiles. Will you be able to join the merry gang of Exiles at San Spotty this year?
League 2 Survival on 08:07 - Jan 19 with 3339 viewsSheffdale

League 2 Survival on 00:52 - Jan 19 by DorkingDale

108 - that's good going SheffDale.

Thanks for your continued efforts in looking after all of us Exiles. Will you be able to join the merry gang of Exiles at San Spotty this year?

Thanks DorkingDale. I'm going to have to miss out again due to domestic situation but should be back in 2024. Hopefully not for an Exiles match against Dorking Wanderers!
Login to get fewer ads

League 2 Survival on 14:09 - Jan 20 with 2982 viewsD_Alien

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/january/harrogatetownfixturerescheduled/

So it's an early kick-off at Harrogate, on what may be a seminal fixture in Dale's history

The change is presumably scheduled to facilitate screening of matches without clashing with the Championship, which "obviously" takes precedence by remaining in the usual 3pm slot

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

League 2 Survival on 18:56 - Jan 20 with 2752 views49thseason

League 2 Survival on 14:09 - Jan 20 by D_Alien

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/january/harrogatetownfixturerescheduled/

So it's an early kick-off at Harrogate, on what may be a seminal fixture in Dale's history

The change is presumably scheduled to facilitate screening of matches without clashing with the Championship, which "obviously" takes precedence by remaining in the usual 3pm slot

That good old EFL, looking after the interests of all their clubs, how much extra TV money will L1and L2 get for accepting this change as a fait accomplis? Probably the square root of FA. Will they be picking up the bill for overnight stays for teams that dont want an earlier start? Will they reimburse clubs who miss out on fans who now cannot travel?
League 2 Survival on 19:03 - Jan 20 with 2743 viewsMass_Debater

League 2 Survival on 18:56 - Jan 20 by 49thseason

That good old EFL, looking after the interests of all their clubs, how much extra TV money will L1and L2 get for accepting this change as a fait accomplis? Probably the square root of FA. Will they be picking up the bill for overnight stays for teams that dont want an earlier start? Will they reimburse clubs who miss out on fans who now cannot travel?

Are you ever happy about anything?
League 2 Survival on 00:32 - Jan 21 with 2439 views49thseason

League 2 Survival on 19:03 - Jan 20 by Mass_Debater

Are you ever happy about anything?

Thankyou for your concern.... Let me be clear... I am angry , not unhappy.The club I have supported for 63 years has been assaulted by shysters from every direction, inside the club, outside the club and including the organisation that purports to be a governing body for 72 clubs but which ranks its support for those 72 clubs by league position and crowd size, a body which has rules but only enforces them when the heat of press exposure is put on them and a body which in times of turmoil, any of those clubs should be able to turn to for help, not be left hanging out to dry. The last few years have been a complete shitshow at RAFC, the club has been milked for massive , unearned, personal gain.
I am still not convinced that the new board has what it takes to solve the football clubs problems, we shall see. At this stage, an inbound investor would be a godsend.
Similarly I dont appreciate a well paid former employees making derogatory comments on twitter about things they obviously know little about. Am I happy about these things? No, why would I be? Are you? Why would anyone who cares be happy? And take it from me there is still a great deal not yet in the public domain which will anger many more people if it ever comes out.
League 2 Survival on 02:09 - Jan 21 with 2404 viewsSandyman

League 2 Survival on 00:32 - Jan 21 by 49thseason

Thankyou for your concern.... Let me be clear... I am angry , not unhappy.The club I have supported for 63 years has been assaulted by shysters from every direction, inside the club, outside the club and including the organisation that purports to be a governing body for 72 clubs but which ranks its support for those 72 clubs by league position and crowd size, a body which has rules but only enforces them when the heat of press exposure is put on them and a body which in times of turmoil, any of those clubs should be able to turn to for help, not be left hanging out to dry. The last few years have been a complete shitshow at RAFC, the club has been milked for massive , unearned, personal gain.
I am still not convinced that the new board has what it takes to solve the football clubs problems, we shall see. At this stage, an inbound investor would be a godsend.
Similarly I dont appreciate a well paid former employees making derogatory comments on twitter about things they obviously know little about. Am I happy about these things? No, why would I be? Are you? Why would anyone who cares be happy? And take it from me there is still a great deal not yet in the public domain which will anger many more people if it ever comes out.

Dear 49th,

Many of us share your frustration at what we've been put through intentionally or unintentionally for the past few years since the A Kilpatrick / Bottomley takeover, the tardiness of the EFL, the mercenary nature of Morton House and it's hangers on, awful football etc etc etc. None of us who care are happy, and have at various stages in that time been angry too.

What doesn't help is a line like "And take it from me there is still a great deal not yet in the public domain which will anger many more people if it ever comes out", followed up by nothing. Easiest thing in the world to say, but proves nowt without evidence. Indeed, a message board regular of this parish was told by a disgraced former director that "you'll thank me when it all comes out in the wash". No facts, just an assertion, without evidence. The spin cycle has finished, the evidence is revealed and there is nothing at all to thank said individual for. One chap was coming up with a conspiracy theory in Ratcliffes last Saturday but couldn't provide proof as "I'll be hooked as they'll know it's me who said it". Baseless rhetoric.

There was a chap on the 300+ page bury thread who claimed to "have been told" and "in the know" about most things bury. He was wrong. Again, baseless rhetoric. Unless you are going to spill the beans, why bother?

How we get through this current dilemma, I don't know, but please, don't post inferences without evidence here. Leave that to the crazy element of Twitter to which you referred
League 2 Survival on 08:27 - Jan 21 with 2276 viewsMass_Debater

League 2 Survival on 00:32 - Jan 21 by 49thseason

So you won't be at Harrogate?
League 2 Survival on 08:59 - Jan 21 with 2209 viewsnordenblue

League 2 Survival on 08:27 - Jan 21 by Mass_Debater

So you won't be at Harrogate?

Why would he be at Harrogate?
League 2 Survival on 10:32 - Jan 21 with 2108 viewsMass_Debater

League 2 Survival on 08:59 - Jan 21 by nordenblue

Why would he be at Harrogate?

He was going off on one about our game there. Read the thread.
League 2 Survival on 14:36 - Jan 21 with 1876 viewsnordenblue

League 2 Survival on 10:32 - Jan 21 by Mass_Debater

He was going off on one about our game there. Read the thread.

I'll admit I don't read and memorise all the threads, just assumed you were talking about the thread you both posted in
League 2 Survival on 09:40 - Jan 23 with 1366 viewsAtThePeake

League 2 Survival on 14:36 - Jan 21 by nordenblue

I'll admit I don't read and memorise all the threads, just assumed you were talking about the thread you both posted in

It's on the same page in this thread.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024