Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New permenant signing 16:19 - Jan 29 with 9368 viewsjoneill

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11765/7464326/Dale-in-bid-for-Gornell

dunphy mentioned it this afternoon at the q and a session he said we had bidded for a striker who scored yday and was not in our league this shows he was right
New permenant signing on 16:24 - Jan 29 with 6382 viewscy74

Heard the name mentioned yesterday by people that he could be a target for Coleman
New permenant signing on 16:38 - Jan 29 with 6267 viewsdalenumber2

So, what's he like? anyone know?
New permenant signing on 16:45 - Jan 29 with 6227 viewspl56

New permenant signing on 16:38 - Jan 29 by dalenumber2

He played for Coleman last season at Accy ; previously a junior at Tranmere I think .

All last season he played the lone striker role in the preferred 4-2-3-1 formation ; a real hard worker who scored his fair share of goals too , I think . Not the biggest , but strong and pretty quick . Coleman was pretty upset when he went to Shrewsbury in the close season as , if anyone stood out , Gornall's contribution was probably crucial to Stanley getting to the play offs .

I thought Coleman might go for him , but in the close season . I'm pleased its happened earlier if it comes off .
New permenant signing on 16:59 - Jan 29 with 6120 viewsSuddenLad

For those who can remember - think Steve Whitehall

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New permenant signing on 17:02 - Jan 29 with 6090 viewsusername

so when do you think he will sign? if he is signing that is
New permenant signing on 17:02 - Jan 29 with 6089 viewsDALEYCADDERS

How will we be able to afford him?
New permenant signing on 17:02 - Jan 29 with 6067 viewselectricblue

New permenant signing on 16:38 - Jan 29 by dalenumber2

Spoken to my brother on this, and he said that he had him on FM and hes a lefted footed striker and crap couldnt hit a barn door...
Every shot into row Z....will cost the club a fortune in lost footballs.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

New permenant signing on 17:05 - Jan 29 with 6034 viewsLondondale

New permenant signing on 17:02 - Jan 29 by electricblue

Spoken to my brother on this, and he said that he had him on FM and hes a lefted footed striker and crap couldnt hit a barn door...

I'd trust your Football-manager playing brother over John Coleman any day!
Login to get fewer ads

New permenant signing on 17:10 - Jan 29 with 5993 viewsTomRAFC

sounds like the right kind of player

big, strong and able to hold his own

plus he knows where the back of the net is

he and long are just the sort of players we have been lacking

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

New permenant signing on 17:12 - Jan 29 with 5970 viewsrkershaw

"Hey Terry - Calm Down"!!!!!! Think he looks like Terry Sullivan of Brookside with that dodgy 'tash' (Sky Sports link). Still, he is a Scouser after all!! If he signs, I think we should all grow one just like his and refuse to get rid until he scores!!!!!!
New permenant signing on 17:13 - Jan 29 with 5955 viewsdalenumber2

Accrington fans seem to rate him very highly.
New permenant signing on 17:16 - Jan 29 with 5922 viewsfitzochris

New permenant signing on 16:59 - Jan 29 by SuddenLad

For those who can remember - think Steve Whitehall

One of my favourite all time Dale players and deserved to be in a more successful Dale side than he ever was.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New permenant signing on 17:18 - Jan 29 with 5895 views442Dale

New permenant signing on 17:02 - Jan 29 by electricblue

Not quite sure which side of the brilliant/ridiculous divide this falls.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New permenant signing on 17:33 - Jan 29 with 5819 viewsMatt_

New permenant signing on 17:18 - Jan 29 by 442Dale

Not quite sure which side of the brilliant/ridiculous divide this falls.

Now I have a soft spot for Dale as some of you i've come across in the past will know.

But in the nicest possible way, you can feck right off on this occasion.
New permenant signing on 17:37 - Jan 29 with 5768 viewsDaley_Lama

Hi Matt, long time no see.

How's the push for playoff failure going this season, on track as usual?

I expect public enemy number 1 in the Rochdale Division is Crawley, i do hope you and two others manage to let them take your place as playoff losers.

Poll: DF in or out

New permenant signing on 17:53 - Jan 29 with 5691 viewsMatt_

New permenant signing on 17:37 - Jan 29 by Daley_Lama

Hi Matt, long time no see.

How's the push for playoff failure going this season, on track as usual?

I expect public enemy number 1 in the Rochdale Division is Crawley, i do hope you and two others manage to let them take your place as playoff losers.

Ow do Daley lad.

The playoff failure express is full steam ahead again this season.

Creepy are a pain in the arse and the sooner they get a swift reality check the better and leave it to the properly run clubs to contest the automatic places. Big respect to Cheltenham this season where Mark Yates has a very good side and I hope we, they and one other can snap up the top three places.

On Gornell, with all due respect to Dale i'm not sure you could offer enough to tempt us to sell. Graham Turner said at the recent fans forum that it would take silly offers before he would sell any of his key players, and Terry is in that category. There has been other interest in the lad this season too, with dirty Leeds also sniffing around for one.

All things are possible but I think he'll still be a Town player come February 1st.

Good luck with your survival battle mate, your board have made a great choice in Coleman and I reckon you've now got more than a fighting chance of staying up.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
New permenant signing on 18:06 - Jan 29 with 5609 viewsThreeLions

New permenant signing on 17:33 - Jan 29 by Matt_

Now I have a soft spot for Dale as some of you i've come across in the past will know.

But in the nicest possible way, you can feck right off on this occasion.

Thinks its time we signed Cansdell-Sherriff off you aswell
New permenant signing on 18:25 - Jan 29 with 5502 viewsMatt_

New permenant signing on 18:06 - Jan 29 by ThreeLions

Thinks its time we signed Cansdell-Sherriff off you aswell

The lad took a right battering of that Liam Dickenson last weekend and is out for 4-6 weeks.

Maybe if you offered £200,000 plus Ashley Grimes we might be interested in doing some business for Gornell.
New permenant signing on 18:28 - Jan 29 with 5467 viewsfitzochris

New permenant signing on 18:25 - Jan 29 by Matt_

The lad took a right battering of that Liam Dickenson last weekend and is out for 4-6 weeks.

Maybe if you offered £200,000 plus Ashley Grimes we might be interested in doing some business for Gornell.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New permenant signing on 18:39 - Jan 29 with 5402 viewsShun

I doubt we'll get him, especially as it leaves so little time for Shrewsbury to find a replacement.
New permenant signing on 18:40 - Jan 29 with 5387 viewsThreeLions

New permenant signing on 18:25 - Jan 29 by Matt_

Didnt know that last I saw of him he was scoring a goal with his feet, anyway if hes out injured we dont want him got enough passengers in the team at the moment.

Dont think Ashley Grimes will be leaving us in the near future now he has found his shooting boots again.

BTW whats with the name of your ground 'Greenhouse Meadow' sounds like a Garden Centre
New permenant signing on 18:54 - Jan 29 with 5328 viewsMatt_

New permenant signing on 18:40 - Jan 29 by ThreeLions

Didnt know that last I saw of him he was scoring a goal with his feet, anyway if hes out injured we dont want him got enough passengers in the team at the moment.

Dont think Ashley Grimes will be leaving us in the near future now he has found his shooting boots again.

BTW whats with the name of your ground 'Greenhouse Meadow' sounds like a Garden Centre

http://www.greenhous.co.uk

Local company with very long and strong associations with the club, going back to before we first joined the Football League in 1950.
New permenant signing on 19:26 - Jan 29 with 5200 viewsBrierls

Gornell would be a good signing but I don't think we'll be offering the amount required for Shrews to sell.

I like the way Coleman is looking at proven players that he knows, the likes of Gornell, Symes, Grant & Ryan would all be welcome additions. Unfortunately, them being very good players means they'll command some decent transfer fees.

I hope Grimes isn't part of any deal. Shrews were strongly rumoured to be signing Grimes until Steve Eyre got the Dale job and snatched him.
New permenant signing on 21:22 - Jan 29 with 4930 viewsrkershaw

We might not have offered a king's ransom for Gornell but the opportunity to work with Coleman again in League One might just be enough to swing it.
Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New permenant signing on 23:46 - Jan 29 with 4720 viewspl56

New permenant signing on 19:26 - Jan 29 by Brierls

Gornell would be a good signing but I don't think we'll be offering the amount required for Shrews to sell.

I like the way Coleman is looking at proven players that he knows, the likes of Gornell, Symes, Grant & Ryan would all be welcome additions. Unfortunately, them being very good players means they'll command some decent transfer fees.

I hope Grimes isn't part of any deal. Shrews were strongly rumoured to be signing Grimes until Steve Eyre got the Dale job and snatched him.

I think Grant is out of contract this Summer , but at his age , you're right , he would still command a fee , but probably one that might go to arbitration .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024