Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull City Thread 15:31 - Jul 28 with 4100 viewsGhanaDale

Hull 1 up, we've been on top for ,20 minutes but their number 10 had a shot from 20 yards that went right through Lillis' hands

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Hull City Thread on 15:33 - Jul 28 with 2760 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Robert Koran is number 10 for Hull City today as far as i've seen on Facebook

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Hull City Thread on 16:08 - Jul 28 with 2586 viewsphomem

Hull City Thread on 15:33 - Jul 28 by DaleAwaydayBot

Robert Koran is number 10 for Hull City today as far as i've seen on Facebook

You not attending taz
Hull City Thread on 16:12 - Jul 28 with 2544 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Hull City Thread on 16:08 - Jul 28 by phomem

You not attending taz

can't fit hull city or marine into my schedule as i am going gb match in cardiff next wednesday and torquay to plan aswell both not gonna cheap trips

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Hull City Thread on 16:50 - Jul 28 with 2371 viewsGhanaDale

This is depressing, too many memories of last season, no width and little pace

Hull City Thread on 16:54 - Jul 28 with 2333 viewselectricblue

Hull City Thread on 16:50 - Jul 28 by GhanaDale

This is depressing, too many memories of last season, no width and little pace

Glad that i couldnt make it then....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hull City Thread on 17:05 - Jul 28 with 2234 viewsGhanaDale

Hull City Thread on 16:54 - Jul 28 by electricblue

Was a big contrast to the Blackburn game, against Blackburn a lot of the play came down the left hand side but today it was so central and the crab passing returned, definitely wasn't pretty to watch! Positives from today: Rhys Gray, his build up play is excellent just needs a better finish, and Rhys Bennett is a very commanding defender, looks very confident on the ball and won every header

Hull City Thread on 17:10 - Jul 28 with 2196 viewsSandy_lane_lad

Hull City Thread on 17:05 - Jul 28 by GhanaDale

Was a big contrast to the Blackburn game, against Blackburn a lot of the play came down the left hand side but today it was so central and the crab passing returned, definitely wasn't pretty to watch! Positives from today: Rhys Gray, his build up play is excellent just needs a better finish, and Rhys Bennett is a very commanding defender, looks very confident on the ball and won every header

Crab passing?

Has jones re-signed for us or something?
Hull City Thread on 17:19 - Jul 28 with 2138 viewselectricblue

I take it Hull won 1 - 0 then..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Hull City Thread on 17:46 - Jul 28 with 2003 viewsolympicdale

Hull City Thread on 17:05 - Jul 28 by GhanaDale

probably because 'ull looked so much more of a team than Blackburn did, closed down the space quicker.

Life is a game of fate.

Hull City Thread on 17:59 - Jul 28 with 1942 viewsMoonyDale

Thought we looked ok today, composed on the ball in both halves, Craney was very good with some lovely passing, some nice football and we lost to a swerving shot, Nobody looked to have a bad game and although you can never read much into friendly games I am looking forward to the start of the season....Encouraging performance I thought from the lads.....More of the same please..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hull City Thread on 18:16 - Jul 28 with 1849 viewsseasidedale

What was the team today?
Hull City Thread on 18:28 - Jul 28 with 1794 viewsRippDale

I'm encouraged in terms of the defence but think we will struggle to score goals. I would like to see the first half defence from today with the midfield from the second half with Donnelly and Gray up front. We seem very 1 paced with BBM/Tutte/Kennedy but more adventurous with Craney/Putterill/Watson and Gray in the hole.
Hull City Thread on 18:53 - Jul 28 with 1685 views442Dale

First half:
Lillis
Pearson, P.Edwards,R.Edwards, McIntyre
BBM, Cavanagh
Kennedy, Tutte, Grimes (all interchangeable, never seen JK on the right so much!)
Donnelly, who was very lucky not to have not been at least been forcibly subbed by the ref after a ridiculous kick on Bruce's son.

Second half
Lillis
Minihan, Byrne, Bennett, Rafferty
Watson, Craney, Putterill
Gray, Johnson, Thompson
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hull City Thread on 18:57 - Jul 28 with 1660 viewsolympicdale

we played some lovely stuff in the first half, some of the passing and one touch play was as good as we saw under Hill.

We are short of a couple of wide men, that way we can get some service into the striker, we're being bottlenecked into playing through the middle, although we did nearly get in a couple of times, that final ball was just off.

I would like to see JK an Tutte be more adventurous, and push up to support the strikers, with Cav/BBM sitting back. Was impressed with Johnson, played the lone role much better than against Blackburn, Reece Grey will be a real asset for us this year, guys got some serious skill and looks a nuisance to mark.

A good work out against a well organised, if unspectacular Hull side, but I'm feeling a bit more optimistic about our chances, if we can just get that final 3rd sorted.

Life is a game of fate.

Hull City Thread on 19:17 - Jul 28 with 1582 viewsTalkingSutty

Hull City Thread on 18:57 - Jul 28 by olympicdale

we played some lovely stuff in the first half, some of the passing and one touch play was as good as we saw under Hill.

We are short of a couple of wide men, that way we can get some service into the striker, we're being bottlenecked into playing through the middle, although we did nearly get in a couple of times, that final ball was just off.

I would like to see JK an Tutte be more adventurous, and push up to support the strikers, with Cav/BBM sitting back. Was impressed with Johnson, played the lone role much better than against Blackburn, Reece Grey will be a real asset for us this year, guys got some serious skill and looks a nuisance to mark.

A good work out against a well organised, if unspectacular Hull side, but I'm feeling a bit more optimistic about our chances, if we can just get that final 3rd sorted.

Agree, i think we have the makings of a decent squad. Played a different team in each half and both perfomed well, that was what impressed me about todays showing.

Good defenders and midfield play but we are certainly lacking a big presence up front and some trickery on the wing. I think Coleman has done a good job during the close season and another couple of signings will make all the difference.
Hull City Thread on 19:19 - Jul 28 with 1571 viewsSalwaDale

Relatively pleased. Hope we sign Pearson as I think he's been excellent. Not sure yet on the rest of the trialists. Need someone with pace up front but I don't think we're too far away.

TBBT

Hull City Thread on 19:21 - Jul 28 with 1555 viewsolympicdale

who was our number 16 in the 2nd half, at left back, looked a good player, not afraid to put in a tackle and a very calm head.

Life is a game of fate.

Hull City Thread on 19:23 - Jul 28 with 1551 viewsjamRAFC

Hull City Thread on 19:21 - Jul 28 by olympicdale

who was our number 16 in the 2nd half, at left back, looked a good player, not afraid to put in a tackle and a very calm head.

joe rafferty
Hull City Thread on 19:31 - Jul 28 with 1512 viewsolympicdale

Hull City Thread on 19:23 - Jul 28 by jamRAFC

joe rafferty

cheers, thought so, but I coulda sworn he was blonde Putterill looked good too I thought, could be worth a year deal.

Life is a game of fate.

Hull City Thread on 20:07 - Jul 28 with 1420 viewsseasidedale

Hull City Thread on 19:31 - Jul 28 by olympicdale

cheers, thought so, but I coulda sworn he was blonde Putterill looked good too I thought, could be worth a year deal.

I think i would offer a 6 month deal initially he has a bad injury record as does Crainey if we were to sign him same deal
Hull City Thread on 20:07 - Jul 28 with 1418 views442Dale

Hull City Thread on 19:19 - Jul 28 by SalwaDale

Relatively pleased. Hope we sign Pearson as I think he's been excellent. Not sure yet on the rest of the trialists. Need someone with pace up front but I don't think we're too far away.

Pearson has done ok but doesn't offer enough going forward for me. We've also got Rafferty, Cavanagh and Minihan for RB at the moment.

Not to say he couldn't be a good signing, more that we could use the wage elsewhere.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hull City Thread on 20:41 - Jul 28 with 1334 viewsmacro

Hull City Thread on 19:31 - Jul 28 by olympicdale

I thought Putterill was poor and didn't pick out the passes well. Was impressed with Pearson, Grey. Think Johnsons a bit lightweight
Hull City Thread on 21:00 - Jul 28 with 1283 viewsSalwaDale

Hull City Thread on 20:07 - Jul 28 by 442Dale

Pearson has done ok but doesn't offer enough going forward for me. We've also got Rafferty, Cavanagh and Minihan for RB at the moment.

Not to say he couldn't be a good signing, more that we could use the wage elsewhere.

I'm sure he won't be on much and he has now covered left back and right back well and could I'm sure play CB as he's a big lad. He really has impressed me in the two games I've seen. I don't quite think Minihan is ready for the first team yet and I'd expect him to spend most of the season out on loan to have a crack at the first team next year. I do quite like the look of Cavanagh in midfield and I didn't really expect to think that.

As for Crainey and Putteril, I think Watson and Grey have impressed more.

We have plenty of options at the back and in central midfield, just need some width and more up front.

TBBT

Hull City Thread on 21:20 - Jul 28 with 1231 views49thseason

Hull City Thread on 21:00 - Jul 28 by SalwaDale

I'm sure he won't be on much and he has now covered left back and right back well and could I'm sure play CB as he's a big lad. He really has impressed me in the two games I've seen. I don't quite think Minihan is ready for the first team yet and I'd expect him to spend most of the season out on loan to have a crack at the first team next year. I do quite like the look of Cavanagh in midfield and I didn't really expect to think that.

As for Crainey and Putteril, I think Watson and Grey have impressed more.

We have plenty of options at the back and in central midfield, just need some width and more up front.

I think Putteril is worth a contract, maybe a week to week affair for a few months to prove his fitness over time, but I think he has a bit more pace than most of our midfielders (Tutte excepted) and has an eye for a forward pass that we have not seen since Perkins left. I also like the fact that he seems to have that spark, devil, call it what you will, that gets on other team's elbows and makes things happen. He also likes to shoot which I heartily approve of!

Crainey looks well short of fitness and I am not sure he adds anything that Kennedy and BBM do not already have. Still time will tell. A real tricky or pacey (or ideally pacey and tricky) winger and a BUF (Big Ugly F88ker) up front still required methinks.
Hull City Thread on 21:26 - Jul 28 with 1218 viewsroccydaleian

Hull City Thread on 16:54 - Jul 28 by electricblue

You probably never have.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024