Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Main Stand and general atmosphere 20:23 - Dec 23 with 1771 viewsRAFC1907

Friday night was the most unusual night ever at Spotland.

Not only did we tear Cheltenham apart but the overall support from all home sections of the ground was very pleasing.

Plenty of encouragement from the main stand rubbed off on the players, and even a song or two broke out at one point which in all my time watching I have never experienced.

Both the Pearl Street and Sandy Lane were heard on numerous occasions, so to get the atmosphere in all 3 stands was a joy and we could see the players and Coleman really appreciated it.

If we continue to support the team like that then only positive results will be coming our way.

UP THE DALE

Poll: Bottomley...

Main Stand and general atmosphere on 20:44 - Dec 23 with 1713 viewsMoonyDale

The fans took the opportunity to sing in good voice because they witnessed a team full of fight and commitment and a great deal of skill. Stood in the Sandy you could hear the TDS clearly which doesn't happen often, I myself couldn't bloody speak the morning after. But it was worth it....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Main Stand and general atmosphere on 21:12 - Dec 23 with 1655 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Main Stand and general atmosphere on 20:44 - Dec 23 by MoonyDale

The fans took the opportunity to sing in good voice because they witnessed a team full of fight and commitment and a great deal of skill. Stood in the Sandy you could hear the TDS clearly which doesn't happen often, I myself couldn't bloody speak the morning after. But it was worth it....

I also think that it has been a particularly good week for the club.

From JC meeting the fans on Monday to Friday's PR exercise.

Friday night was the greatest show of togetherness since Chesterfield away last season IMHO.

The club, the team and fans need each other, I think that has come over loud and clear.

I think the fans felt a part of it again on Friday and although numbers were low, everyone gave their all to back the team, JC/JB and the board.

The first good week, for a long time.

Long may it continue.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Main Stand and general atmosphere on 22:47 - Dec 23 with 1534 viewsShun

Main Stand and general atmosphere on 21:12 - Dec 23 by SteTsGoldenBoot

I also think that it has been a particularly good week for the club.

From JC meeting the fans on Monday to Friday's PR exercise.

Friday night was the greatest show of togetherness since Chesterfield away last season IMHO.

The club, the team and fans need each other, I think that has come over loud and clear.

I think the fans felt a part of it again on Friday and although numbers were low, everyone gave their all to back the team, JC/JB and the board.

The first good week, for a long time.

Long may it continue.

Exactly this post.
Main Stand and general atmosphere on 23:58 - Dec 23 with 1469 viewsTomRAFC

the banter and singing in the sandy was top quality and as an exiled daley it has definately inspired me to try and get to more games this season

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Main Stand and general atmosphere on 13:32 - Dec 24 with 1256 viewsjudd

There were a lad sat near us in the TDS, during time allowed at the end of the game, tried to get a rousing chant going of "WE want FOUR".

Oh, how we laughed...

Poll: What is it to be then?

Main Stand and general atmosphere on 16:46 - Dec 24 with 1141 viewsYouTubeDale

Yes it was a good atmosphere in the Main Stand, and as you said,a small amount of singing. Hopefully, green shoots.

It will be interesting if "John Coleman's Barmy Army" gets an airing at Burton.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Main Stand and general atmosphere on 21:53 - Dec 24 with 1007 views25CK

Main Stand and general atmosphere on 16:46 - Dec 24 by YouTubeDale

Yes it was a good atmosphere in the Main Stand, and as you said,a small amount of singing. Hopefully, green shoots.

It will be interesting if "John Coleman's Barmy Army" gets an airing at Burton.

Ive followed Dale for just the last 4 seasons and enjoyed the climb and the fall along with everyone else, due to often being away when matches were on I attended as and when I could including travelling to several away games, due to now being home based I can now attend all matches which Ive enjoyed since the start of the season, I always get there early enough to grab an unreserved seat in the main stand ( E seat 29 G ) directly behind the benches, great spot, started to " fit " in with everyone and my 14yr old son comes as and when he's visiting from Wales, we both attended the 2 home games before Fridays smasher and for sure were frustrated as were many, the Manager and players included, I witnessed close up Tutte shouting at us for support rather than critisism which was met with mixed emotions.....what me and my boy witnessed and enjoyed on Friday evening was magical, unusually for Dale we were attacking and in full flight from the off....not after the usual 15 min warm up with scarey moments....the lads played with complete conviction on every level and made the visiting team sitting 3rd in our division look absolutely plain and outclassed....My voice was in good form and as mentioned here I witnessed for the first time an air of support never witnessed before, I hope we can be a part of that on a regular basis.
Ive offered transport to the above lads who need a lift to Albion on Wednesday.
All the best to all Dale supporters
CK
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024