Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Masters 18:18 - Apr 11 with 1928 viewsFrog

Anyone following it? David Lynn from Wigan is leading after a 68!
The Masters on 18:22 - Apr 11 with 1521 viewsTalkingSutty

Got a few quid on Bubba (Had a fiver on him at 33/1 last year) and also Keegan Bradley, so either one will do me.

If i was betting serious money i wouldnt look any further than Tiger though.
The Masters on 18:35 - Apr 11 with 1487 viewsFrog

I nearly backed Lynn to be leading English player as he's so steady, would have shot 85 if I had though.
The Masters on 18:39 - Apr 11 with 1477 viewsmacro

Had my traditional top 5 finish for Furykk bet

The Masters on 19:17 - Apr 11 with 1447 viewsPotterDale

The Masters on 18:39 - Apr 11 by macro

Had my traditional top 5 finish for Furykk bet

Each way on
Oosthuizen
Stricker
Choi
Watney
Merrick
The Masters on 20:11 - Apr 11 with 1412 viewsgwnobull

dustin Johnson @16/1

charl chwartzel @28/1

the 2 for me
The Masters on 07:29 - Apr 13 with 1291 viewszxcvbnm

furyk bet looks good.

Can't see beyond woods though even after his late blip

Poll: Best loanee keeper

The Masters on 10:16 - Apr 13 with 1254 viewsDaley_Lama

All each way.

Angel Cabrera 150/1 (placed yesterday evening after his first birdy on the back nine)
Jason Duftner 66/1
Fernando Castano Gonzalez 200/1
Zac Johnson 100/1 (why Lama, why? Augusta demands you try to reach the par 5,s in 2)
Keegan Bradley 40/1

All made the cut but realistically the top 2 are my best chances.

I think Fernando gets to play with Tiger tonight.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: DF in or out

The Masters on 11:53 - Apr 13 with 1213 viewsNR_Dale

The Masters on 07:29 - Apr 13 by zxcvbnm

furyk bet looks good.

Can't see beyond woods though even after his late blip

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/mastersaugusta/9991809/The-Masters-2013-Ti
Login to get fewer ads

The Masters on 13:11 - Apr 13 with 1190 viewsDaley_Lama

The Masters on 11:53 - Apr 13 by NR_Dale

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/mastersaugusta/9991809/The-Masters-2013-Ti

Interesting decision to be made and I fear for Tiger in this.

He admitted to going back 2 yards for his own benefit having hit the flag first time round.

That to me is a contravention of this rule and the rest is formality.

In terms of it being cruel on him if he is disqualified that would be undebatable.

In terms of it being correct by the strict interpretation if the rule then that is undebatable too.

The strict application of the rules of golf is sacred and Dustin Johnson and his penalty shot on the 72nd hole in the PGA 2010 shows that these can and will be applied where necessary at the cruellest of moments.

Even if Tiger does continue, there will be a ? over his head for the next 2 days and it will no doubt be in his mind throughout.

The Masters on 13:24 - Apr 13 with 1170 viewsColDale

if a 14 year old boy gets punished for slow play, theres not much sympathy amongst the powers that be. I'd be a worried man if I was Tiger.
The Masters on 13:34 - Apr 13 with 1160 viewsDaley_Lama

The Masters on 13:24 - Apr 13 by ColDale

if a 14 year old boy gets punished for slow play, theres not much sympathy amongst the powers that be. I'd be a worried man if I was Tiger.

Guan, at 14 the youngest ever player at Augusta, was given his penalty on the 17th hole after previously being warned that he was taking too long over his shots.

After GUESS WHO SAID THIS was informed of that decision in his press conference he said: "Well, rules are rules.

"We have had a case of slow play for some of the guys out here on Tour and we have our policies.

"And, unfortunately, he either didn't pick it up or sometimes you can get guys who are hitting shots or backing off a couple shots and you can get weird times. It can happen. I don't know what his situation is, but it's unfortunate."

The Masters on 14:24 - Apr 13 with 1138 viewsColDale

couple of bookies offering odds on a disqualification. He's odds on not to be kicked out.
The Masters on 14:45 - Apr 13 with 1123 viewssandylaner1

they are now saying he will face a 2 point penalty
The Masters on 19:05 - Apr 13 with 1085 viewsDaley_Lama

Other pro's are falling over themselves to say....no comment.

Speaks volumes that does.

The Masters on 08:50 - Apr 14 with 1027 viewsPotterDale

Last throw of the dice on after Day 3
Each Way (4 places) on
Tim Clark @ 60/1
Orange Sunday Rickie Fowler @ 55/1

I think the winning score will be -9 so it will be possible to reach the top 4 with a score of -6, or even -5. I think 7 players will finish in the top 4 so some value is still there at these prices.
The Masters on 09:28 - Apr 14 with 1015 viewsColDale

there's plenty of talk about a two shot penalty, but isn't it just that these two shots would reflect the score that he should have carded, and there's been no actual punishment for signing an incorrect scorecard?
The Masters on 10:54 - Apr 14 with 975 viewsDaley_Lama

The new law was aimed at stopping players being DNQ'd when they had unintentionally and unknowingly broken a rule which they and the officials had not seen before the card was signed which later came to light due to TV scrutiny.

Fine, that's fair enough.

In Tiger's case it an intentional rule break even if he didn't realise it at the time. He self admitted it. This is where it gets sticky.

He knew what he had done but didn't know it was a rule break. In the same sense one could break any amount of rules and retrospectively claim not to have known you were breaking a rule.

It all comes down to trust, do you trust Tiger when he says he didn't know he was breaking a rule when he did it.

I do. He's have to be a thick sod to immediately talk about it after the round and therefore bring it up when it was not yet out there.

The new rule trumps the card signing rule.

The Masters on 11:16 - Apr 14 with 966 viewsThacks_Rabbits

The Masters on 10:54 - Apr 14 by Daley_Lama

The new law was aimed at stopping players being DNQ'd when they had unintentionally and unknowingly broken a rule which they and the officials had not seen before the card was signed which later came to light due to TV scrutiny.

Fine, that's fair enough.

In Tiger's case it an intentional rule break even if he didn't realise it at the time. He self admitted it. This is where it gets sticky.

He knew what he had done but didn't know it was a rule break. In the same sense one could break any amount of rules and retrospectively claim not to have known you were breaking a rule.

It all comes down to trust, do you trust Tiger when he says he didn't know he was breaking a rule when he did it.

I do. He's have to be a thick sod to immediately talk about it after the round and therefore bring it up when it was not yet out there.

The new rule trumps the card signing rule.

Got £20 each way on Snedicker at 25/1 - currently 2/1 favourite so could be a nail biting evening tonight!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

The Masters on 11:18 - Apr 14 with 964 viewsTalkingSutty

The Masters on 11:16 - Apr 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

Got £20 each way on Snedicker at 25/1 - currently 2/1 favourite so could be a nail biting evening tonight!!!!

Pick up your money on Monday, well done !!
The Masters on 11:21 - Apr 14 with 960 viewsThacks_Rabbits

The Masters on 11:18 - Apr 14 by TalkingSutty

Pick up your money on Monday, well done !!

Thanks T.S. - Not counting any chickens yet though!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

The Masters on 11:25 - Apr 14 with 956 viewsDaley_Lama

£5 e-way on Cabrera at 150/1, two of us biting nails already.

Good luck.

The Masters on 23:59 - Apr 14 with 903 views100notout

wow - great shots on the 18th

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

The Masters on 00:01 - Apr 15 with 896 viewsjudd

The Masters on 11:25 - Apr 14 by Daley_Lama

£5 e-way on Cabrera at 150/1, two of us biting nails already.

Good luck.

Good luck pal

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Masters on 00:23 - Apr 15 with 883 viewsDaley_Lama

Just had a good wedge on Scott for the playoff, £100 difference in profit depending on who wins, not gone dead even on it as Angel is da man.

It's been emotional financially, great golf wise.

The Masters on 00:42 - Apr 15 with 869 viewsolympicdale

The Masters on 00:23 - Apr 15 by Daley_Lama

Just had a good wedge on Scott for the playoff, £100 difference in profit depending on who wins, not gone dead even on it as Angel is da man.

It's been emotional financially, great golf wise.

so close for you there Lama.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024