Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still sulking, Darren? 09:47 - Apr 25 with 2356 viewsIOMDale

Purse picked out former Argyle striker George Donnelly as one of the key players for the Lancashire club.

"The pitch is terrible. When we played up there it was tipping down with rain and very windy.

"It's a small ground and a tough place to go to, but with the support Argyle will have they will probably outnumber the Rochdale fans."

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Plymouth-Argyle-captain-Darren-Purse-hoping/stor

UTDNFS

Still sulking, Darren? on 10:55 - Apr 25 with 2230 viewsBigKindo

Prolific Pilgrim George. Two games in two seasons and no goals. Lot of time out on loan. Doubt whether the Plymouth fans will even remember him, unlike perhaps Mr. Purse.
Still sulking, Darren? on 11:01 - Apr 25 with 2219 viewsIOMDale

Purse might well be scratching around for excuses (like the pitch) to try explain why he spent 90 minutes hoofing the ball aimlessly forward earlier this month, the oaf.

UTDNFS

Still sulking, Darren? on 11:22 - Apr 25 with 2183 viewsDaley_Lama

I know that we all feel duty bound to defend our players no matter what they do (Will Buckley never dived for example) but do we have to take umbridge when an opposition player says our pitch was rubbish?

The Saafend manager had said the same the week before and credited Rochdale on working it out whereas his lads hadn't.

If I'm right, the groundsman left not too long ago and Rugby started up once more. Not whinging, these are simply facts and the pitch is indeed bobbly as feck.

Poll: DF in or out

Still sulking, Darren? on 11:29 - Apr 25 with 2165 viewsIOMDale

Still sulking, Darren? on 11:22 - Apr 25 by Daley_Lama

I know that we all feel duty bound to defend our players no matter what they do (Will Buckley never dived for example) but do we have to take umbridge when an opposition player says our pitch was rubbish?

The Saafend manager had said the same the week before and credited Rochdale on working it out whereas his lads hadn't.

If I'm right, the groundsman left not too long ago and Rugby started up once more. Not whinging, these are simply facts and the pitch is indeed bobbly as feck.

Rarely take umbrage at anything in all honesty DL, but Purse must have easily played on a dozen or more worse pitches than ours this season. At this level, using the pitch as an excuse doesn't wash IMHO.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

UTDNFS

Still sulking, Darren? on 11:41 - Apr 25 with 2143 viewsdingdangblue

Still sulking, Darren? on 11:22 - Apr 25 by Daley_Lama

Watching the Football league show that weekend making a special point of noticing what the other pitches looked like in lge 1 and lge 2- they are all more or less fecked!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Still sulking, Darren? on 11:42 - Apr 25 with 2141 viewsBigKindo

Still sulking, Darren? on 11:29 - Apr 25 by IOMDale

Rarely take umbrage at anything in all honesty DL, but Purse must have easily played on a dozen or more worse pitches than ours this season. At this level, using the pitch as an excuse doesn't wash IMHO.

The state of the pitch didn't really matter with their basic long ball kick it straight down the middle tactics.
Still sulking, Darren? on 11:58 - Apr 25 with 2110 viewsfermin

Still sulking, Darren? on 11:42 - Apr 25 by BigKindo

The state of the pitch didn't really matter with their basic long ball kick it straight down the middle tactics.

According to http://www.footballgroundguide.com/index.html (no idea how accurate this is) our pitch is 114 x 76 yards and Plymouth's is 112 x 73 yards, so they're more likely to get lost in the wide open spaces. However, Vale's is bigger at 114 x 77 yards.
Still sulking, Darren? on 12:02 - Apr 25 with 2099 viewsBigKindo

Still sulking, Darren? on 11:58 - Apr 25 by fermin

According to http://www.footballgroundguide.com/index.html (no idea how accurate this is) our pitch is 114 x 76 yards and Plymouth's is 112 x 73 yards, so they're more likely to get lost in the wide open spaces. However, Vale's is bigger at 114 x 77 yards.

Size matters!
Login to get fewer ads

Still sulking, Darren? on 12:33 - Apr 25 with 2021 viewssandylaner1

lol why's he mad?

the only pitch that deserves to be called terrible is blackpool's
Still sulking, Darren? on 12:47 - Apr 25 with 1988 viewslurker

Still sulking, Darren? on 12:33 - Apr 25 by sandylaner1

lol why's he mad?

the only pitch that deserves to be called terrible is blackpool's

He's mad because he still didn't get to use his chairman's promotion banner yet
Still sulking, Darren? on 14:26 - Apr 25 with 1821 viewsKenBoon

That famous old Plymouth pitch: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/plymouth_argyle/9393477.stm

Didn't our pitch win an award in League One? Other that it being covered for half the winter, what the feck happened to it.
Still sulking, Darren? on 14:27 - Apr 25 with 1822 viewsScunnydale

I found this bit weirder than his comments about the pitch:

"I think they have got the players to go to Rochdale and win the game."

So a team fighting relegation has better players than a team all but assured of promotion?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024