Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs 18:48 - May 3 with 9299 viewsolympicdale

Police horses on the pitch, fans throwing punches, and one fan in particular held down on the floor and struck repeatedly with truncheons by police, last part was bad to see, once more great behavior by the fuzz, overreacting...never(!)

[Post edited 3 May 2014 18:56]

Life is a game of fate.

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 19:26 - May 3 with 9153 views1mark1

Disgraceful. Of course sadly the police seam to be untouchable in such circumstances.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 19:30 - May 3 with 9134 viewsolympicdale

I didn't know until now, but former Dale player Darrell Clarke is their gaffer, was in tears at FT, unlike O'Toole and co, who know they'll be out of there asap.

Life is a game of fate.

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 19:45 - May 3 with 9057 viewsdaz

This made my day. Clarke has been moaning on sky all week that they are too big for this division and shouldn't be in the position they are. Got your wish now pal - enjoy the conference!
[Post edited 3 May 2014 20:39]
Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 19:51 - May 3 with 9036 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

They're relegated on merit. Shocking scenes.
Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 20:30 - May 3 with 8910 viewsrichfoad32

The only shocking thing is them brown loafers with shorts....

According to the radio, Bristol City fans had bought tickets in the Mansfield section and had been singing City songs throughout the game. At the whistle, the Rovers fans stormed the pitch to try and get at them. Yes, the police probably come across as being a bit too heavy handed but let's face it, they weren't dealing with angels here. I was at the Dale game down there a few weeks ago and when Rovers took the lead their fans in the stand next to us seemed to take far greater delight in gesturing at and taunting our support than they did in celebrating the goal. The team were truly awful as well. I don't like to see anybody go down but sod it, they all got what they deserve.
Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 20:57 - May 3 with 8809 viewsVespa

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 21:09 - May 3 with 8726 viewsBrighouseDale

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 20:57 - May 3 by Vespa

To be fair to the LAPD, it doesn't look like anything untoward is going on here. They're outnumbered by about a thousand to one to start with, doesn't seem like they're being over the top though.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 21:13 - May 3 with 8687 viewsVespa

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 21:09 - May 3 by BrighouseDale

To be fair to the LAPD, it doesn't look like anything untoward is going on here. They're outnumbered by about a thousand to one to start with, doesn't seem like they're being over the top though.

Those were pretty much my thoughts really.

They say the camera never lies but the still camera does.

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

Login to get fewer ads

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 21:24 - May 3 with 8620 viewsboromat

I thought in the main the Rovers fans were alright when we went down there apart from the mentioned minor abuse when they scored but they were very complimentary about us after the game.

What was obvious when we were there was how much the City fans hate Rovers they even posted on here pleading with us to beat them. So I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few in the Mansfield end.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 21:27 - May 3 with 8600 viewsrobbowood

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 21:09 - May 3 by BrighouseDale

From the Bristol City fans forum (to say they are over the moon is an understatement)

"We can all agree that Mansfield Town have 'done Bristol proud', and need thanking in an official capacity. I suggest a twinning of the City of Bristol with the Town of Mansfield, to honour their achievement today.

I am only too sure to suggest that the Lord Mayor of Bristol would be willing to travel to Mansfield to arrange the joining of these two great conurbations.
I need a seconder.

"Well done Mansfield!"
Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 21:32 - May 3 with 8564 views442Dale

Bristol Rovers were relegated because they showed blatant disregard for the world of non-clashing kits.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 21:59 - May 3 with 8373 viewscrazyhorse

According to reports Mansfield played in Bristols rovers AWAY Shirt as the dopey kitman(2nd time this season) forget to bring the correct non clashing colour.

Sent down to hades by opposing players wearing your away kit. It Must of added to the gloom.
Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 22:16 - May 3 with 8254 viewsShun

Northampton were in the bottom 2 for 217 days this season. Bristol Rovers were in there for just 70 minutes. Cray cray.
Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 01:14 - May 4 with 7890 viewsTVOS1907

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 22:16 - May 3 by Shun

Northampton were in the bottom 2 for 217 days this season. Bristol Rovers were in there for just 70 minutes. Cray cray.

Unfortunately for them, only one of those days counts.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 09:24 - May 4 with 7470 viewsColDale

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 22:16 - May 3 by Shun

I believe that's called "doing a Lincoln"
Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 11:43 - May 4 with 7201 viewsDySporting

Rovers supporting friends of mine were at the game and both said the trouble at the end was over exaggerated by TV and the pics. The atmosphere was sour after the game though with lots of sack the board etc
Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 12:29 - May 4 with 7089 viewsTVOS1907

The OP wouldn't have been necessary had the fans not charged onto the pitch.

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 12:41 - May 4 with 7044 viewsfrenzied

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 12:29 - May 4 by TVOS1907

The OP wouldn't have been necessary had the fans not charged onto the pitch.

Exactly..got everything they deserved,,feel sorry for the genuine Rovers fans.
Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 12:49 - May 4 with 7021 viewsmacro

I can understand the anger, some fans were always going to be on the pitch at the end.
Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 13:16 - May 4 with 6980 viewsTVOS1907

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 12:49 - May 4 by macro

I can understand the anger, some fans were always going to be on the pitch at the end.

Aye - probably the extra 2000 who weren't there on Easter Monday.

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 13:37 - May 4 with 6919 views_dezzy

People have been saying the police were over the top, Well on sky it looked like 1 rovers fan was trying to attack one of his own players, and when the stewards tried to stop it it all kicked off, and people wonder why police horses were brought on.

KHBA

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 16:55 - May 4 with 6657 viewsChaffRAFC

I have seen nothing whatsoever in that footage to suggest the Police were over the top. The lad who gets a tw@tting by Police quite clearly threw an almighty punch so was taken down and rightfully so.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 19:53 - May 4 with 6468 viewsTVOS1907

Blimey, they even had to call in John Wayne to help out.

Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 17:40 - May 5 with 6133 viewsParkinsGimp

There were no City fans in the Mansfield stand. Its usual Brizzle rovers acting big and hard....now has anyone north of Cheltenham ever seen these geezers.( Gas Hit Squad LOL .....No of course not. Good riddance to poor loosers. It wasnt Mansfields fault they went down....idiots the lot of em.
Shame luton are back another set of t"ssers. Hope we dont meet them for many a moon either.
Awful scenes at Bristol Rvrs on 12:32 - May 6 with 5937 viewsjustanillusion

the cost of relegation for Bristol Rovers has been estimated at £1 million !

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Relegation-cost-pound-1-million/story-2105770
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024