Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rubbish reporting 18:12 - Jun 4 with 1095 viewsD_Alien

Did anyone else think WTF whilst listening to R5L sports news bulletins today?

Their leading item began "Wayne Rooney is being played out of position by Roy Hodgson..."

and then only as a kind of afterthought do they qualify this with "... claims former Manchester United defender David May"

It was about Rooney being selected on the left for tonight's warm up game against Ecuador, and will probably give Rooney a better chance of gaining match fitness.

But how many times do news broadcasts include apparently factual statements, which then turn out to be the pretty worthless opinion of some has-been with an agenda?

Maybe I'm wrong to get annoyed about it, but so many people seem to take their opinions from media who state rubbish opinions as if they were facts.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rubbish reporting on 21:02 - Jun 4 with 875 viewsBrighouseDale

They said this morning that Rooney was playing on the left as if it was fact, there was no "according to".

Although usually I just think of R5L as an audio version of Jeremy Kyle, so I don't take it as gospel. Now TalkSport on the other hand...

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Rubbish reporting on 22:52 - Jun 4 with 772 viewsdingdangblue

The English media are w@nker5, the daily Mirror's back page was "Out of form, Out of position and out of the world cup opener"? Then Talksport this eve were just going on about Rooney playing on the left? Who cares? Its a friendly and he needs match minutes.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rubbish reporting on 23:24 - Jun 4 with 740 viewsBrighouseDale

Rubbish reporting on 22:52 - Jun 4 by dingdangblue

The English media are w@nker5, the daily Mirror's back page was "Out of form, Out of position and out of the world cup opener"? Then Talksport this eve were just going on about Rooney playing on the left? Who cares? Its a friendly and he needs match minutes.

Who cares indeed. I've always followed England in previous World Cups and Euros, passionately so when I was younger. But my interest has been waning over the years and now I just don't give a monkeys. I don't have any interest whatsoever in any Premiership clubs so other than Rickie Lambert I feel no connection with the squad or management, and the FA is one of the most corrupt organisations going. I don't even know what the score was tonight, probably won't even find out until someone mentions it on my facebook timeline tonight or I switch the wireless on while I'm doing the washing up in the morning.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024