Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious concerns. 09:42 - Aug 9 with 5530 viewssweetcorn

Is anyone concerned about our recruitment over the summer, the team that is starting this league one season is far inferior to the one which ended the league two campaign.

The entire spine of last seasons squad had been ripped out losing all key figures centrally to the team in Hogan, Cav and O'connell who were all star performers last season for us. We haven't even attempted to replace them as of yet and I am genuinley worried about what peterborough could do to us today.

Hill has already said we need to sign to players to even attempt to replace hogan, yet we haven't yet signed anyone..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Serious concerns. on 09:46 - Aug 9 with 3655 viewsSaxonDale

For what it's worth I thought the team that started our 2010 league 1 campaign was weaker than the team that ended the league 1 campaign, but they ended up doing alright.

I think we'll have a slightly better idea on how good our current XI is after today's game, until then I think we should just enjoy it.
Serious concerns. on 10:01 - Aug 9 with 3595 viewsisitme

Cav played less than half of our games last year and we won most of the games Hogan missed. I am a bit worried about the defence and replacing Hogan's goals but the season hasn't even started yet and there is still time for signings. It is better to wait a couple of weeks to get the players Hilly wants rather than panic and end up stuck with inferior players.

In Keith we trust.
Serious concerns. on 10:10 - Aug 9 with 3574 viewsrkershaw

Serious concerns. on 09:46 - Aug 9 by SaxonDale

For what it's worth I thought the team that started our 2010 league 1 campaign was weaker than the team that ended the league 1 campaign, but they ended up doing alright.

I think we'll have a slightly better idea on how good our current XI is after today's game, until then I think we should just enjoy it.

Hilly has stated that we have promoted from within the club. The likes of Dimba, Tanser, Logan, Camps, Cannon and Hassler-Cregg have all featured in pre-season games and have done well. Look at Allen last season - now everybody is raving on about him and rightly so - he is a gem!! We have also signed Andrew and Muldoon and received a huge chunk of dosh for Scotty/Lambert/COG?/Alfie? and possibly Dawson? Why go out spending just because we have a bit of money burning a whole in Dunphys' back pocket for the first time in the clubs history. Hilly trusts these young players and so should we!! The club has never been so healthy in terms of its current stature, both on and off the field. We have a set of young, hungry and extremely talented players who are an absolute credit to our town. The way that they conduct themselves both on and off the pitch is exemplary and should be a model for how football should be - not just at our level but in football in general. Concerned-absolutely NOT!! Proud- absolutely YES!!!!!!!!!!
Serious concerns. on 10:11 - Aug 9 with 3569 viewssweetcorn

Serious concerns. on 10:01 - Aug 9 by isitme

Cav played less than half of our games last year and we won most of the games Hogan missed. I am a bit worried about the defence and replacing Hogan's goals but the season hasn't even started yet and there is still time for signings. It is better to wait a couple of weeks to get the players Hilly wants rather than panic and end up stuck with inferior players.

In Keith we trust.

Cav did indeed miss alot of games, but take a look at our win ratio with him in the side and our win ratio without him. Our goals against record with cav in the team was insane last year. He was also obviously a decent captain or hilly wouldn't have allowed him to retain the armband when he came back.

Serious concerns. on 10:11 - Aug 9 with 3568 viewsnordenblue

Good positive post and perfectly timed for the first game of a new season
Serious concerns. on 10:17 - Aug 9 with 3549 viewssweetcorn

Serious concerns. on 10:10 - Aug 9 by rkershaw

Hilly has stated that we have promoted from within the club. The likes of Dimba, Tanser, Logan, Camps, Cannon and Hassler-Cregg have all featured in pre-season games and have done well. Look at Allen last season - now everybody is raving on about him and rightly so - he is a gem!! We have also signed Andrew and Muldoon and received a huge chunk of dosh for Scotty/Lambert/COG?/Alfie? and possibly Dawson? Why go out spending just because we have a bit of money burning a whole in Dunphys' back pocket for the first time in the clubs history. Hilly trusts these young players and so should we!! The club has never been so healthy in terms of its current stature, both on and off the field. We have a set of young, hungry and extremely talented players who are an absolute credit to our town. The way that they conduct themselves both on and off the pitch is exemplary and should be a model for how football should be - not just at our level but in football in general. Concerned-absolutely NOT!! Proud- absolutely YES!!!!!!!!!!

Please point me in the direction where anyone has suggested we should go out spending money?

The key word is recruitment, we recruited last season an immense young squad made up of players who had failed at higher clubs and none league players eager to prove themselves, all without spending a penny, so nobody is asking us to spend money, just to get some depth to the squad as it looks very threadbare on the surface in a much more demanding league, using the same channels hilly tends to be it through a failed premier league/championship player or a non-leaguer.

We have lost 3 key players and obviously their wages are now off the books so that leaves room to manouvre in terms of wages and im sure Hilly said we are working under budget so again that leaves more scope for potential recruitment.

Serious concerns. on 10:17 - Aug 9 with 3545 viewsisitme

Serious concerns. on 10:11 - Aug 9 by sweetcorn

Cav did indeed miss alot of games, but take a look at our win ratio with him in the side and our win ratio without him. Our goals against record with cav in the team was insane last year. He was also obviously a decent captain or hilly wouldn't have allowed him to retain the armband when he came back.

We also won a higher percentage of games without Hogan playing than when he did play! Statistics can be used in many ways.

It will be a difficult season and we all need to manage expectations. If we avoid relegation, play good football and develop young players then I will be delighted. Yes they will make mistakes but let's support the team and then if you want slag them off on the message board after the game.
Serious concerns. on 10:23 - Aug 9 with 3511 viewssweetcorn

Serious concerns. on 10:11 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

Please put your poorly butt hurt ring away.

This is a forum where you discuss all things rochdale and if i'm right everyone has the right to an opinion.. my opinion is that we have lost 3 key players and failed to replace them. where is it negative and where have i stated anything other than facts?

Login to get fewer ads

Serious concerns. on 10:24 - Aug 9 with 3501 viewssweetcorn

Serious concerns. on 10:17 - Aug 9 by isitme

We also won a higher percentage of games without Hogan playing than when he did play! Statistics can be used in many ways.

It will be a difficult season and we all need to manage expectations. If we avoid relegation, play good football and develop young players then I will be delighted. Yes they will make mistakes but let's support the team and then if you want slag them off on the message board after the game.

I would be immensly happy if the season panned out how you just described, just avoiding relegation alone would be an achievement.

Serious concerns. on 10:36 - Aug 9 with 3460 viewsChaffRAFC

Agree with a lot of the original post. We are definitely starting the season weaker than we ended last season. There's no doubt in my mind about that. However, to say we're not even attempting to sign players is off the mark. He has openly admitted to wanting David Fox to sign and he'd be a great replacement for Cavanagh and I reckon Hill is doing his best there. He's also tried out Adam Morgan but decided he wasn't the one to replace Hogan and he's said we'd agreed a fee with a player a few weeks ago but he went elsewhere.

Football has changed and nowadays, many teams go into the season weaker because they have to wait until the end of August to do business. I have a sneaky feeling we might be in that boat and be trying to sign Jack O'Connell back on loan and I'm hoping and praying that we sign Fox and another striker.

If we do have to go until January with the squad we have now, I fear we will be heading for a big fall back to League 2.

That all said, it's great to get back underway.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Serious concerns. on 10:42 - Aug 9 with 3435 viewsBeckWMG

Why should we be worried Sweetcorn? I'd say it would really dampen players morale if we had done the opposite and recruited a load of players leaving the ones who got us here on the bench.

The youth players coming through have shown more than enough to be given a chance at this level, as well as the likes of Bunney and Allen and Hery who played a BIG part in our promotion.

Add to that the transfer window is still open then I don't see any reason to be concerned at all.
KH will no doubt recruit before it shuts but for me, we go into today's game with great promise for the future of the club as a whole.

Can't wait to see our boys perform today and win lose or draw, I will be cheering them
on.

UP THE DALE
Serious concerns. on 10:42 - Aug 9 with 3428 viewssweetcorn

Serious concerns. on 10:36 - Aug 9 by ChaffRAFC

Agree with a lot of the original post. We are definitely starting the season weaker than we ended last season. There's no doubt in my mind about that. However, to say we're not even attempting to sign players is off the mark. He has openly admitted to wanting David Fox to sign and he'd be a great replacement for Cavanagh and I reckon Hill is doing his best there. He's also tried out Adam Morgan but decided he wasn't the one to replace Hogan and he's said we'd agreed a fee with a player a few weeks ago but he went elsewhere.

Football has changed and nowadays, many teams go into the season weaker because they have to wait until the end of August to do business. I have a sneaky feeling we might be in that boat and be trying to sign Jack O'Connell back on loan and I'm hoping and praying that we sign Fox and another striker.

If we do have to go until January with the squad we have now, I fear we will be heading for a big fall back to League 2.

Good post, Stop being so negative
[Post edited 9 Aug 2014 10:44]

Serious concerns. on 10:43 - Aug 9 with 3423 viewsnordenblue

Serious concerns. on 10:23 - Aug 9 by sweetcorn

This is a forum where you discuss all things rochdale and if i'm right everyone has the right to an opinion.. my opinion is that we have lost 3 key players and failed to replace them. where is it negative and where have i stated anything other than facts?

Poorly butt hurt ring? English if you could? Youve had weeks to post that why the morning of the first game of a season apart from the fact you love a reaction everytime you post?
Serious concerns. on 10:46 - Aug 9 with 3397 viewsSuddenLad

Serious concerns. on 10:23 - Aug 9 by sweetcorn

Didn't take you long to start the insults did it? Well done on your patience and restraint.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Serious concerns. on 10:47 - Aug 9 with 3388 viewssweetcorn

Serious concerns. on 10:43 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

Poorly butt hurt ring? English if you could? Youve had weeks to post that why the morning of the first game of a season apart from the fact you love a reaction everytime you post?

Because i've been away in Magaluf for the past 2 weeks without even attempting to keep up with anything thats happened at home and returned yesterday to see we haven't yet signed anyone to replace the 3 mentioned and wanted to see if anyone else had the same concerns, evidently some are, some aren't.

However your theory that I just want a reaction is much better, so i'll stick with that story. FEED ME YOUR REACTIONS.

Serious concerns. on 10:50 - Aug 9 with 3376 viewssweetcorn

Serious concerns. on 10:46 - Aug 9 by SuddenLad

Didn't take you long to start the insults did it? Well done on your patience and restraint.

Insults? You must have lived a very sheltered life.

Serious concerns. on 10:53 - Aug 9 with 3368 viewsnordenblue

Serious concerns. on 10:47 - Aug 9 by sweetcorn

Because i've been away in Magaluf for the past 2 weeks without even attempting to keep up with anything thats happened at home and returned yesterday to see we haven't yet signed anyone to replace the 3 mentioned and wanted to see if anyone else had the same concerns, evidently some are, some aren't.

However your theory that I just want a reaction is much better, so i'll stick with that story. FEED ME YOUR REACTIONS.

Magaluf nice! looks like your choice of destination is in keeping with your posts on here, utter chavy and full of shite
Serious concerns. on 10:54 - Aug 9 with 3356 viewssweetcorn

Serious concerns. on 10:53 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

Magaluf nice! looks like your choice of destination is in keeping with your posts on here, utter chavy and full of shite

And now i'm a chav, couldn't make this stuff up, Please carry on, this stuff makes me feel complete.

Serious concerns. on 10:55 - Aug 9 with 3355 viewsTalkingSutty

Serious concerns. on 10:36 - Aug 9 by ChaffRAFC

Agree with that and it's fair to say that we do have a pool of good youngsters, but that's what they are youngsters. I like the look of Tanser, Cannon and certainly Camps but to just expect them to perform week in, week out in a very strong league one is asking too much I reckon.
They all performed well in pre season friendlies but in fairness they need introducing in little cameos during the course of the season.I do think there is a chance Tanser could start today though, I just hope he isn't exposed at this level and it results in him losing confidence. I honestly don't have a clue what team or formation Hilly will pick, it should be interesting.
Serious concerns. on 10:58 - Aug 9 with 3334 viewssweetcorn

Serious concerns. on 10:53 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

Also my choice of destination is more to do with age, why would me and my mates go on holiday somewhere targeting families and couples when we are a group of 20-24 year olds, but of course, why let logic dictate where you go on holiday, In that case I think we'll book a carribean cruise next year..
[Post edited 9 Aug 2014 10:59]

Serious concerns. on 11:24 - Aug 9 with 3264 viewsnordenblue

Serious concerns. on 10:58 - Aug 9 by sweetcorn

Also my choice of destination is more to do with age, why would me and my mates go on holiday somewhere targeting families and couples when we are a group of 20-24 year olds, but of course, why let logic dictate where you go on holiday, In that case I think we'll book a carribean cruise next year..
[Post edited 9 Aug 2014 10:59]

That explains a lot
Serious concerns. on 11:38 - Aug 9 with 3226 viewsoff2div1

Posh just lost 2 good Striker so hope they are lightweight up front.
Serious concerns. on 11:40 - Aug 9 with 3222 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Serious concerns. on 10:11 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

Yep, only 46 games left to save our season. Horror.
Serious concerns. on 11:52 - Aug 9 with 3174 viewssweetcorn

Serious concerns. on 11:38 - Aug 9 by off2div1

Posh just lost 2 good Striker so hope they are lightweight up front.

Ajose didnt feature. They still have tyrone barnett.

Serious concerns. on 11:52 - Aug 9 with 3171 viewssweetcorn

Serious concerns. on 11:24 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

That explains a lot

What does it explain..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024