Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious concerns. 09:42 - Aug 9 with 5535 viewssweetcorn

Is anyone concerned about our recruitment over the summer, the team that is starting this league one season is far inferior to the one which ended the league two campaign.

The entire spine of last seasons squad had been ripped out losing all key figures centrally to the team in Hogan, Cav and O'connell who were all star performers last season for us. We haven't even attempted to replace them as of yet and I am genuinley worried about what peterborough could do to us today.

Hill has already said we need to sign to players to even attempt to replace hogan, yet we haven't yet signed anyone..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Serious concerns. on 12:03 - Aug 9 with 1905 viewsnordenblue

Serious concerns. on 11:52 - Aug 9 by sweetcorn

What does it explain..

Why you post such immature shite on here?
Serious concerns. on 12:07 - Aug 9 with 1889 viewsnordenblue

Serious concerns. on 11:40 - Aug 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

Yep, only 46 games left to save our season. Horror.

Who mentioned saving the season today?
Serious concerns. on 12:31 - Aug 9 with 1835 viewssweetcorn

Seems legit.

Serious concerns. on 12:42 - Aug 9 with 1811 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Serious concerns. on 10:11 - Aug 9 by sweetcorn

Cav did indeed miss alot of games, but take a look at our win ratio with him in the side and our win ratio without him. Our goals against record with cav in the team was insane last year. He was also obviously a decent captain or hilly wouldn't have allowed him to retain the armband when he came back.

...and the same Hill was confident enough to let Cavanagh go. He's not often wrong Keith Hill.
Serious concerns. on 12:46 - Aug 9 with 1792 viewsKenBoon

Serious concerns. on 10:53 - Aug 9 by nordenblue

Magaluf nice! looks like your choice of destination is in keeping with your posts on here, utter chavy and full of shite

Vintage NordenBlue
Serious concerns. on 13:37 - Aug 9 with 1694 viewsboromat

No concerns at all from me. Hill will wait 4-6 games to judge where we are at and then make the required signings. If we're struggling and not showing signs of improvement come game 12 then I'll start to be concerned. Regardless if we finish the season 5th bottom and the youngsters play all season I'll be a happy man and excited to see how the improve the season after.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Serious concerns. on 13:53 - Aug 9 with 1666 viewsJimmyRustler

I've had Peterborough today off -2 and I think it'll come in comfortably. If we don't sign another striker I honestly can't see where the goals are going to come from. If we get an injury at CB we are in the brown stuff as McGinty looks more like a bouncer than a footballer to me.

Henderson needs a serious amphetamine binge before every game if we are to stay up this season with the options at our disposable. Midfield is incredible but it's not enough.
Serious concerns. on 13:59 - Aug 9 with 1648 viewsD_Alien

Quote from TTNY: "I think we need the football season to start..."

Are you sure??

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Serious concerns. on 14:36 - Aug 9 with 1597 viewssweetcorn

After seeing that starting line-up, i'll await your apologies

Serious concerns. on 18:46 - Aug 9 with 1456 viewsoff2div1

Serious concerns. on 11:52 - Aug 9 by sweetcorn

Ajose didnt feature. They still have tyrone barnett.

Because he is at Leeds
Serious concerns. on 19:19 - Aug 9 with 1400 viewssweetcorn

Serious concerns. on 18:46 - Aug 9 by off2div1

Because he is at Leeds

I meant in his time at peterborough..

Serious concerns. on 20:54 - Aug 9 with 1322 viewsrkershaw

Serious concerns. on 19:19 - Aug 9 by sweetcorn

I meant in his time at peterborough..

Darling Sweetie Pie - u is complete and utter c&ck - end of!!!!!
Serious concerns. on 23:24 - Aug 9 with 1175 viewssweetcorn

Serious concerns. on 20:54 - Aug 9 by rkershaw

Darling Sweetie Pie - u is complete and utter c&ck - end of!!!!!

Oh dear, someones had a can. Get to bed

Serious concerns. on 09:33 - Aug 10 with 1080 viewsDiddyDave

Serious concerns. on 13:37 - Aug 9 by boromat

No concerns at all from me. Hill will wait 4-6 games to judge where we are at and then make the required signings. If we're struggling and not showing signs of improvement come game 12 then I'll start to be concerned. Regardless if we finish the season 5th bottom and the youngsters play all season I'll be a happy man and excited to see how the improve the season after.

Surely the reason why Hilly hasn`t signed anybody of note is because of the tardiness in selling Hogan. By the time that happened all his potential targets were long since signed up elsewhere,not that this is anything new for him as it seems to happen every summer. Waiting more than six games could be a problem too if it goes passed August 31st,but he always seems to pull a rabbit from his hat from somewhere,so I guess we`ll just have to wait and see.
Serious concerns. on 10:02 - Aug 10 with 1037 viewsColDale

Serious concerns. on 09:33 - Aug 10 by DiddyDave

Surely the reason why Hilly hasn`t signed anybody of note is because of the tardiness in selling Hogan. By the time that happened all his potential targets were long since signed up elsewhere,not that this is anything new for him as it seems to happen every summer. Waiting more than six games could be a problem too if it goes passed August 31st,but he always seems to pull a rabbit from his hat from somewhere,so I guess we`ll just have to wait and see.

Based on what Hill has said, he replaced Hogan a long while back when we started looking at Jack Muldoon as far back as February. Had it not been for the injury, chances are that he would have started yesterday. I reckon had it been any other opponent, Hill would have started Andrew yesterday but knowing Posh to be a high tempo, passing team, he plumped for George.

He won't start many games this season. I think its fair to say that if there was a slightest hint of interest from elsewhere, then he'd be gone. it's not a case of trying to sell him - we'll end up having to subsidise his wages elsewhere. Hill's done well to make Donnelly a member of the squad but the change in squad number says to me that Hill sees Donnelly's future being away from Spotland, as does trialling Adam Morgan when we've already got four strikers on the books for that one up front slot. The contract extension was down to Coleman not Hill.
Serious concerns. on 10:11 - Aug 10 with 983 viewszxcvbnm

Looking at the Donnelly situation I believe like Col he'll be a bit part player the season. I don't think he'll buy an out and out forward but a wide player will come in. I also think if O'Connell isn't involved in what will undoubtably be a weakened Blackburn side in the League Cup he'll be back.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Serious concerns. on 10:11 - Aug 10 with 983 viewsTVOS1907

Serious concerns. on 09:33 - Aug 10 by DiddyDave

I don't understand what you mean about the 'tardiness in selling Hogan'.

It was fairly obvious since Peterborough's failed bid in January that he would be going somewhere and Hill has proved himself a master at being prepared for such eventualities.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Serious concerns. on 10:22 - Aug 10 with 955 viewsParkinsGimp

It was obvious yesterday we are not good enough at this level yet. Posh are an accomplished side , our defence was poor. Raff seemed panicky and unfortunately lancashire and Tanser were too slow to react for the goal. Rose was shocking throughout , losing the ball with almost every pass. The only players who looked ready were Jamie Allen and Matty Done.
It was only the first game and I understand not buying just yet to see if our kids can make the mark , but slightly worried by hills comments after that we did well and no concerns.
But wont panic just yet , I know I only saw the other teams on football league show , so cant tell how the whole match turned out , but looked some tasty sides coming up .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024