Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Slaves' in Rochdale 08:10 - Dec 16 with 2829 viewsisitme

If thing couldn't get much worse for the reputation of our town:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/slaves-traff

Absolutely disgusting.

After some digging the company in question could be Iqbal Brothers LTD (a quick search of businesses based on the Caldershaw Centre indicates that this is the only one that makes picture frames). If it is the case I would urge everyone to boycott it.

I'll add in another of Rochdale's finest:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/revealed-2m-
[Post edited 16 Dec 2014 8:12]
'Slaves' in Rochdale on 09:01 - Dec 16 with 2748 viewselectricblue

I first heard this on the local news report this morning...
It does make you wonder what is going to pop up next, Rochdale will not be the only town in this country where its happening...

Its staggering what has come out in the past 12mths about what as been happening in Rochdale and no doubt more bad press will be heading into town...
Its about time something good happened for once......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 09:04 - Dec 16 with 2743 viewsParkinsGimp

Staggering isnt it...this is only the tip of the iceberg. I dare not say any more since the perps are protected in this town, and it takes a hell of a lot to unveil their evil.
'Slaves' in Rochdale on 09:49 - Dec 16 with 2680 viewsR17ALE

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 09:01 - Dec 16 by electricblue

I first heard this on the local news report this morning...
It does make you wonder what is going to pop up next, Rochdale will not be the only town in this country where its happening...

Its staggering what has come out in the past 12mths about what as been happening in Rochdale and no doubt more bad press will be heading into town...
Its about time something good happened for once......

Something good is happening.

At Spotland.

This football team is a bright light shining out from the evils of a once proud town.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 09:51 - Dec 16 with 2678 viewslurker

Decent picture of some coppers arse with the wrong caption too.
'Slaves' in Rochdale on 10:29 - Dec 16 with 2607 viewsDomDale

Child abuse
Human trafficking
Sham marriages
Slavery
Drugs busts

All of the crimes that have blighted the town over the past two years. The vast bulk of those charged and convicted have something in common.
There appears to be a disproportionate amount of serious and organized crime being committed by our friends from the sub-continent and Middle East, doesn't there?

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 10:45 - Dec 16 with 2577 viewsSuddenLad

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 10:29 - Dec 16 by DomDale

Child abuse
Human trafficking
Sham marriages
Slavery
Drugs busts

All of the crimes that have blighted the town over the past two years. The vast bulk of those charged and convicted have something in common.
There appears to be a disproportionate amount of serious and organized crime being committed by our friends from the sub-continent and Middle East, doesn't there?

Conduct and crimes that pass without a blink of an eye in some parts of the world are exposed in this country because we do something about it where others don't see the need, are apathetic towards it or where those in authority are part of the network that facilitates it.

The problem is, when you are living in abject poverty in a country that routinely abuses and exploits people, it is easy to fall for the stories of 'bright lights' and 'freedom'.

We should concentrate on the fact that we are doing something about it, we are exposing it and removing people from their horrific existence. It is by no means confined to our locality, or even our country.

I went to that picture framing place some time ago on the advice of a fellow message board user. To say the place was like Fort Knox would be an understatement. It was like a prison. Doors opened outwards, bars on windows. Very unusual.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 10:49 - Dec 16 with 2560 viewstazzydjr

The company will be reprocessed and they won't be able to trade again the such seriousness of the crime

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 11:15 - Dec 16 with 2508 viewsD_Alien

Child abuse
Human trafficking
Sham marriages
Slavery
Drugs busts

Those involved do appear to belong to a certain demographic, apart from one infamous example who certainly meets the description of "vast bulk" although he wasn't charged and convicted.

But maybe we should consider ourselves lucky? At least our schools aren't being invaded by cowards dressed in security outfits who then start machine-gunning our kids? Not yet, anyway. Perhaps they prefer the stealth approach, by infiltrating school boards.

I'm pleased to hear that our authorities are "working in partnership" to try to combat crime. How quaint.

[Post edited 16 Dec 2014 12:02]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 11:18 - Dec 16 with 2484 views49thseason

Child abuse
Human trafficking
Sham marriages
Slavery
Drugs busts

I take it you are not feeling the "enrichment" in a good way?
'Slaves' in Rochdale on 11:47 - Dec 16 with 2425 viewsjokerthief

The worst thing is, it has been happening for the last 40 years...People now think they have uncovered some new news....
'Slaves' in Rochdale on 12:09 - Dec 16 with 2366 viewsSuddenLad

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 11:47 - Dec 16 by jokerthief

The worst thing is, it has been happening for the last 40 years...People now think they have uncovered some new news....

Actually it's been happening for centuries. Historically, the British are amongst the worst offenders.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 12:19 - Dec 16 with 2338 viewselectricblue

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 12:09 - Dec 16 by SuddenLad

Actually it's been happening for centuries. Historically, the British are amongst the worst offenders.

And that is a fact...
Look what Great Britain did to India and South Africa and the go way back to the slave trade where millions where made on the backs of people because we deemed that other uneducated nations where inferior to our intellect......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 12:23 - Dec 16 with 2331 viewsD_Alien

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 12:09 - Dec 16 by SuddenLad

That's why as a country we've let ourselves become prey to criminality of this type - through cultural guilt.

It's taken us a long time to come to terms with it, but I sense there's a growing number who simply feel that enough is enough. Among those who're now trying to wake us up are the significant majority of immigrants from the asian sub-continent who came to the UK to escape the very same evils now being perpetrated here.

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 12:35 - Dec 16 with 2283 viewsYouTubeDale

I think it is good that crime is being fought. We need to know what is going on and we shouldn't live in denial. BUT what really pisses me off is that the media can choose a story from lots of other places in the North West, if you are talking regionally, or lots of other places nationally, but instead they deliberately choose Rochdale as an example. I am sick of the media giving us a disproportionate share of the "blame". Ultimately this costs Rochdale jobs because of our poor perceived image driven by the media. Lack of jobs in our town translates into lost revenue at our football club over time due to our town being "poorer" because of the media. It all adds up, and I don't like it.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 13:41 - Dec 16 with 2141 viewstazzydjr

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 12:35 - Dec 16 by YouTubeDale

I think it is good that crime is being fought. We need to know what is going on and we shouldn't live in denial. BUT what really pisses me off is that the media can choose a story from lots of other places in the North West, if you are talking regionally, or lots of other places nationally, but instead they deliberately choose Rochdale as an example. I am sick of the media giving us a disproportionate share of the "blame". Ultimately this costs Rochdale jobs because of our poor perceived image driven by the media. Lack of jobs in our town translates into lost revenue at our football club over time due to our town being "poorer" because of the media. It all adds up, and I don't like it.

Unemployment must be higher in Oldham & Bury as they always have the most new jobs advertised on Indeed compared to Rochdale but yet it's our Town always targeted by the Media i think some of these Journalist's don't even do research anymore

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 14:00 - Dec 16 with 2110 views49thseason

Rochdale is a poor town and has been for 50 years since factories started closing and were not replaced because Rochdale Council had no idea how to fix the problems then and , guess what, 50 years later have still no idea how to raise the standards of living within the Borough, particularly at a time when the magical "Government money tree" has no fruit. Its little wonder that M&S won't expand into a new shopping centre, there simply isn't the money around to support such a venture and digging up the town centre so that we can see the bridge will not alter that.

The Town's education system is broken, its a cultural desert, there are virtually no substantial or high value employers, the housing stock is knackered, the existing shops are mostly empty or for sale, the pubs are dying out, our parks are turning into wastelands and any new venture is predicated on grant money. Our hospitals are closed to all intents and purposes, our courts have closed, we don't even have a prison cell, the Inland revenue has left, we have 100s of problem kids imported here from all over the country but not the means to look after them, we have 1000s of dirt-poor immigrants who lack the financial means to contribute any thing meaningful and 1000s more who have no intention of contributing anything to the locale they happen to have ended up in.
Welcome to Rochdale.
Still, keep voting for Labour Councillors and MPs its bound to get better eventually.
Up the Dale!
'Slaves' in Rochdale on 14:03 - Dec 16 with 2102 views49thseason

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 13:41 - Dec 16 by tazzydjr

Unemployment must be higher in Oldham & Bury as they always have the most new jobs advertised on Indeed compared to Rochdale but yet it's our Town always targeted by the Media i think some of these Journalist's don't even do research anymore

Tazzy , I think you will find people are unemployed when there are FEWER jobs advertised, More jobs advertised suggests that their local economy is doing better than Rochdale's.
'Slaves' in Rochdale on 14:52 - Dec 16 with 2018 viewsD_Alien

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 14:00 - Dec 16 by 49thseason

Rochdale is a poor town and has been for 50 years since factories started closing and were not replaced because Rochdale Council had no idea how to fix the problems then and , guess what, 50 years later have still no idea how to raise the standards of living within the Borough, particularly at a time when the magical "Government money tree" has no fruit. Its little wonder that M&S won't expand into a new shopping centre, there simply isn't the money around to support such a venture and digging up the town centre so that we can see the bridge will not alter that.

The Town's education system is broken, its a cultural desert, there are virtually no substantial or high value employers, the housing stock is knackered, the existing shops are mostly empty or for sale, the pubs are dying out, our parks are turning into wastelands and any new venture is predicated on grant money. Our hospitals are closed to all intents and purposes, our courts have closed, we don't even have a prison cell, the Inland revenue has left, we have 100s of problem kids imported here from all over the country but not the means to look after them, we have 1000s of dirt-poor immigrants who lack the financial means to contribute any thing meaningful and 1000s more who have no intention of contributing anything to the locale they happen to have ended up in.
Welcome to Rochdale.
Still, keep voting for Labour Councillors and MPs its bound to get better eventually.
Up the Dale!

And yet... when a future government (of whatever hue) finally gets round to establishing trans-pennine transport links between the proposed northern commercial powerhouses of Liverpool/Manchester/Leeds/Sheffield, Rochdale would be ideally placed to take advantage, being on both the motorway and railway through-routes.

It's just canal-paced local thinking that might hold us back - but even that should be superceded by private initiatives - the type which took Rochdale forward during the first industrial revolution.

OK - I'll put my crackpipe down now.

[Post edited 16 Dec 2014 15:17]

'Slaves' in Rochdale on 10:33 - Dec 17 with 1616 viewsParkinsGimp

We need a councillor or two to get their paps out, thats what they seem to like doing in Rochdale, promoting themselves or voting against government planning regulations to suit their mates and take power over the crumbling town....Why do they want the power if they will do no good with it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024