Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wheels coming off? 17:53 - Apr 8 with 2074 viewsBigKindo

Lincoln beat the Shrews 1 - 0 at Wembley in the LDV Vans/Johnson Paint/Checkatrade final.
Wheels coming off? on 17:57 - Apr 8 with 2051 viewsTVOS1907

Not really.

They beat Oxford on Monday and are still in with a shout of automatic promotion and definitely the play-offs.

It also seems Lincoln were lucky Matt Rhead wasn't sent-off for a challenge on the goalkeeper.

I wish we had the same wheels!
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 17:59]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Wheels coming off? on 18:12 - Apr 8 with 2005 viewsdingdangblue

To think we were 2 mins from taking Lincoln to pens in the same competition in January! I bet not many that night thought they'd be lifting the trophy! Fair play to them - they've been well supported getting decent crowds in their games.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Wheels coming off? on 18:33 - Apr 8 with 1966 viewsTVOS1907

Wheels coming off? on 18:12 - Apr 8 by dingdangblue

To think we were 2 mins from taking Lincoln to pens in the same competition in January! I bet not many that night thought they'd be lifting the trophy! Fair play to them - they've been well supported getting decent crowds in their games.

Absolutely.

As disappointed as I was leaving the ground that night, I took comfort in how close we'd come to snatching a draw and taking them to penalties.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Wheels coming off? on 18:49 - Apr 8 with 1937 viewsBlueDales

Personally, I'm disappointed that the final wasn't contested by two under-23 sides in front of an empty Wembley. It'd serve the EFL right and maybe force a rethink.
Wheels coming off? on 11:42 - Apr 9 with 1591 viewsdalian

Wheels coming off? on 18:12 - Apr 8 by dingdangblue

Possibly the low point of the season for me that night. A poor display on an awful pitch (with decent prize money up for grabs, too). But, even more, it's the one competition where it's not totally unrealistic that we could win our first trophy. The Imps deserved their late winner that night and their attitude to the competition ( they targeted it as a grest chance for the club's first ever visit to Wembley from the outset) was refreshing and, yes, well done to them! I just wish I had backed them to do so after they knocked us out as I could see them going all the way!
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 11:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024