Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Winners together" - when reality bites 17:37 - Jan 1 with 8439 viewsRAFCBLUE

Do not let a late consolation goal paper over the gaping cracks of this team and squad.

I've seen all four games over the Christmas and New Year period and we've scored two goals and conceded seven. I've seen nothing that makes me think that we will escape the relegation zone and based on current performances I'd expect us relegated with bury soonafter the game on Tuesday 3rd April.

I've covered elsewhere the concerns on the lack of investment in permanent players over the last 5 years. That's not just the manager's issue and responsibility has to sit with the board. IMO this is the most limited squad with fewest options I've seen since Keith Hill took over for his first spell. The changes to the loan system mean we are now stuffed and can't borrow someone else's players because we can't develop our own.

Off the field, people will point to the ground being secured, but aside from that? Big gaps in the crowds, people giving tickets away and those who've paid for tickets feeling a better option is staying at home or doing something else rather than visit Spotland.

On the field, we are a shambles. We don't have a formation, regular tactics or an ability to get the ball within 20 yards of goal and hit the target regularly. We did that for 10 minutes at the end today and caused panic. It's too little too late.

We cannot defend corners and are resorting to playing a striker who won a medal for winning this league at left back. It is not good enough.

When it nearly went 3-0 to Blackpool I thought that was when it might erupt but their miss and our consolation and a small amount of booing has deferred the inevitable.

We now enter four months of 2018 before what many expect to be the inevitable. The town has voted with its feet today and we are back to square one.

If I could sit and have a quiet point I'd have one question for Chris Dunphy:

Please can you tell us what your strategy is to fix this mess?

As it stands, I'm not bothering with Doncaster in the cup. £48 for two adults that can go to other pursuits.

Am I the only one that feels like this?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 17:41 - Jan 1 with 5452 views1907

We all know sacking the manager isn’t an option but Keith Hill has a hell of a lot of explaining to do. Questions need to be asked and we as fans and share holders have a right to know the answers to these questions.

I’ve not felt embarrassed to be a Rochdale fan in so long all this feels alien to me again, things have to change and things have to change fast.
"Winners together" - when reality bites on 17:46 - Jan 1 with 5387 viewsBlueMessiah

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 17:41 - Jan 1 by 1907

We all know sacking the manager isn’t an option but Keith Hill has a hell of a lot of explaining to do. Questions need to be asked and we as fans and share holders have a right to know the answers to these questions.

I’ve not felt embarrassed to be a Rochdale fan in so long all this feels alien to me again, things have to change and things have to change fast.

He needs to start earning his very handsome salary. So far this season, in my opinion, he hasnt earned a penny of it.

#comfortzone

Poll: Do I Know You?

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 17:52 - Jan 1 with 5312 viewsRodingdale

I think the problems run very deep. Apart from the obvious on pitch problems. We’ve bought the ground and got the Hogan money. But both opportunities have been missed. The club is run shoddily, look at the state of the ground and the way it’s marketed? The Huddersfield fans having to sit in Guano; the fixture board not updated; the main stand toilets. The season ticket debacle - twice, the Matchday announcer incident; the Director insulting fans incident. The lack of updates on players fitness and insulting lack of explanation for bizarre tactics and selections. The writing was on the wall at the Peterborough away game last season - Hendo and Calvin at FB?!

Basically the contempt the club hold for the fans. Silly little things - but epitomised by Russ Greens interview with Radio Mcr shown on Twitter today, a great opportunity to positively market the club - and apart for moaning about the Rochdale weather - his new year resolution is to get Jimmy Wagg to buy him a beer! The bloke comes across like the village idiot - but very self satisfied with it! I’m afraid it goes to the top, Dunphy and the board need some new blood, we need people with an understanding that everything you do and say as a club is how you are seen by the public. A little humility would go a long way.

I remember reading about a fans forum earlier this season, the club hierarchy seemingly presented a defensive front, set up to endure the event and then get on unhindered by the paying public. Again an opportunity to engage with fans missed. At the current time some humility from Hill would be good, but as displayed prior to his demise at Barnsley, he struggles to articulate coherently when he’s not winning (and sometimes when he is). Change is required top to bottom, but it won’t happen. Too arrogant. Shame because we used to be a well run little club.
"Winners together" - when reality bites on 18:29 - Jan 1 with 5108 viewsblackdogblue

Let’s not forget we could have a fag at half time, decent hot dogs, don’t get me going on the steak & pepper pies the worst thing ever I have had the misfortune to put in my mouth, Luke warm burgers, club is a joke at the moment in more ways than one. At least if I was an Accrington fan I could have got to the pub earlier today to drown my sorrows, Hogans just scored for Vila, at least someone with a link to the Dale is having a good day!

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

(No subject) on 18:32 - Jan 1 with 5073 viewsChaffRAFC

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 17:52 - Jan 1 by Rodingdale

I think the problems run very deep. Apart from the obvious on pitch problems. We’ve bought the ground and got the Hogan money. But both opportunities have been missed. The club is run shoddily, look at the state of the ground and the way it’s marketed? The Huddersfield fans having to sit in Guano; the fixture board not updated; the main stand toilets. The season ticket debacle - twice, the Matchday announcer incident; the Director insulting fans incident. The lack of updates on players fitness and insulting lack of explanation for bizarre tactics and selections. The writing was on the wall at the Peterborough away game last season - Hendo and Calvin at FB?!

Basically the contempt the club hold for the fans. Silly little things - but epitomised by Russ Greens interview with Radio Mcr shown on Twitter today, a great opportunity to positively market the club - and apart for moaning about the Rochdale weather - his new year resolution is to get Jimmy Wagg to buy him a beer! The bloke comes across like the village idiot - but very self satisfied with it! I’m afraid it goes to the top, Dunphy and the board need some new blood, we need people with an understanding that everything you do and say as a club is how you are seen by the public. A little humility would go a long way.

I remember reading about a fans forum earlier this season, the club hierarchy seemingly presented a defensive front, set up to endure the event and then get on unhindered by the paying public. Again an opportunity to engage with fans missed. At the current time some humility from Hill would be good, but as displayed prior to his demise at Barnsley, he struggles to articulate coherently when he’s not winning (and sometimes when he is). Change is required top to bottom, but it won’t happen. Too arrogant. Shame because we used to be a well run little club.

Hell of a post that.

Spot on!

As is the original post. I've felt this way for a while.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 18:34 - Jan 1 with 5048 viewsblackdogblue

Cheers, coffee is like dishwater as well..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 18:36 - Jan 1 with 5011 viewskiwidale

This is not the time for bickering.

(No subject) on 18:38 - Jan 1 with 4990 viewskiwidale

This is not the time for bickering.

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 18:39 - Jan 1 with 4969 viewsborodale

(No subject) on 18:32 - Jan 1 by ChaffRAFC

Hell of a post that.

Spot on!

As is the original post. I've felt this way for a while.

This post has been edited by an administrator

And all since the Hogan money arrived!!!
(No subject) on 18:44 - Jan 1 with 4920 viewsDale23years

(No subject) on 18:39 - Jan 1 by borodale

And all since the Hogan money arrived!!!

And not one Keith hill lover posted on this thread,says it all

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 18:52 - Jan 1 with 4837 viewsoddjob007

Quote from a pissed up director the other night “we have no money”

Some serious squad movements needed in January!
"Winners together" - when reality bites on 18:54 - Jan 1 with 4808 views442Dale

It can be simplified into #teamrochdalewhenitsuits

It's always been the case and if there was a real emphasis on planning for scenarios that aren't always the best and an acceptance that things could be better, then we'd not be feeling as bad right now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 18:55 - Jan 1 with 4796 viewsmightydale

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 18:52 - Jan 1 by oddjob007

Quote from a pissed up director the other night “we have no money”

Some serious squad movements needed in January!

We will have no directors come summer's going off what I've been told tonight.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 19:01 - Jan 1 with 4747 viewsfitzochris

I logged on fearing a barrage of irrational posts, but found this gem.

I don’t need to post anything else on this subject now. Well said.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

(No subject) on 19:02 - Jan 1 with 4738 viewsnordenblue

(No subject) on 18:44 - Jan 1 by Dale23years

And not one Keith hill lover posted on this thread,says it all

Not actually Keith Hill lovers though,i believe youre referring to fans who look at the whole situation with a reasoned argument not just a ridiculous compulsive reaction any time we lose.
"Winners together" - when reality bites on 19:04 - Jan 1 with 4708 viewsnordenblue

Superb post and perfectly well put,youll struggle to find anyone to argue with that accurate summary
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:04 - Jan 1 with 4698 viewsmightydale

(No subject) on 19:02 - Jan 1 by nordenblue

Not actually Keith Hill lovers though,i believe youre referring to fans who look at the whole situation with a reasoned argument not just a ridiculous compulsive reaction any time we lose.

I agree, I can see his side,and can also other people's side, but must admit the football is poor and it is Keith hill fault,no one else's fault. The football is worst than Coleman's era and on level with Barrrow era.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 19:09]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 19:12 - Jan 1 with 4640 views1907

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 18:55 - Jan 1 by mightydale

We will have no directors come summer's going off what I've been told tonight.

Please elaborate
"Winners together" - when reality bites on 19:19 - Jan 1 with 4569 views442Dale

When is the next Trust meeting with the board?

While the Trust have worked very effectively in representing supporters concerns on issues such as the Ratcliffe half time access and Pearl St closure for the cup game, there has been only one meeting with the club board where questions from members/supporters were asked for.

This was back in July.

Their excellent membership leaflet sent out in the summer listed many reasons to join the Trust and the 'Mission Statement' section is now more important than ever where those meetings were mentioned under the heading "Strengthen the link between the supporters and the club".

Those meetings, where questions were collated and then asked at a meeting with the directors, have occurred far more regularly in the past, right now there is a real opportunity to "strengthen the link between the supporters and the club" to give a better understanding of the situation and hopefully work towards a positive future. Apologies if this meeting is already planned and I've missed the announcement.

Happy to put together questions and send in when this meeting is confirmed.

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:21 - Jan 1 with 4534 viewsArthurDaley

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:04 - Jan 1 by mightydale

I agree, I can see his side,and can also other people's side, but must admit the football is poor and it is Keith hill fault,no one else's fault. The football is worst than Coleman's era and on level with Barrrow era.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 19:09]

The Vic Halom era was pretty bad as well.

A large VAT Dave

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 19:42 - Jan 1 with 4427 viewsinthenet

Fans treated like numptys and a team that plays without a striker ...we are a joke please explainHilly what the hell was that today !

Rastrickblue

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 19:43 - Jan 1 with 4417 viewsDale23years

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 19:42 - Jan 1 by inthenet

Fans treated like numptys and a team that plays without a striker ...we are a joke please explainHilly what the hell was that today !

Ask Regs, it's wasn't that bad supposedly

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 19:55 - Jan 1 with 4325 viewsrochdaleriddler

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 17:41 - Jan 1 by 1907

Think long term he needs to go

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 20:36 - Jan 1 with 4131 viewsRAFCBLUE

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 19:19 - Jan 1 by 442Dale

When is the next Trust meeting with the board?

While the Trust have worked very effectively in representing supporters concerns on issues such as the Ratcliffe half time access and Pearl St closure for the cup game, there has been only one meeting with the club board where questions from members/supporters were asked for.

This was back in July.

Their excellent membership leaflet sent out in the summer listed many reasons to join the Trust and the 'Mission Statement' section is now more important than ever where those meetings were mentioned under the heading "Strengthen the link between the supporters and the club".

Those meetings, where questions were collated and then asked at a meeting with the directors, have occurred far more regularly in the past, right now there is a real opportunity to "strengthen the link between the supporters and the club" to give a better understanding of the situation and hopefully work towards a positive future. Apologies if this meeting is already planned and I've missed the announcement.

Happy to put together questions and send in when this meeting is confirmed.

Good people bounce. You’ve got to accept the position that you are in and start responding to it,

Hill tonight is prodding the Board as much as his players.

442 - this post sound like a dig at The Trust and I don't mean it too so start with that caveat.

What can the Trust do here?

As one of the earlier responses to my OP wrote: "Basically the contempt the club hold for the fans."

There is a feeling of a split; a disconnection. From people who love this club.

That's then not helped with the on-field performances of course.

But the "Team Rochdale" ethos has gone in the minds of the fans.

3,165 there today. Take off Blackpool fans (estimate 450) and then season ticket holders (2,300) that leaves just over 400 floating supporters who paid to get in today.

I'm not sure how many members the Trust has but it's only a fraction of the season ticket holders and I'd imagine a smaller fraction of the floating support.

A Chairman's statement would be a start but so would regular, small steps of positive engagement across each week.

The Trust, can of course help facilitate but they can't lead this.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

(No subject) on 20:55 - Jan 1 with 4040 views442Dale

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 20:36 - Jan 1 by RAFCBLUE

Good people bounce. You’ve got to accept the position that you are in and start responding to it,

Hill tonight is prodding the Board as much as his players.

442 - this post sound like a dig at The Trust and I don't mean it too so start with that caveat.

What can the Trust do here?

As one of the earlier responses to my OP wrote: "Basically the contempt the club hold for the fans."

There is a feeling of a split; a disconnection. From people who love this club.

That's then not helped with the on-field performances of course.

But the "Team Rochdale" ethos has gone in the minds of the fans.

3,165 there today. Take off Blackpool fans (estimate 450) and then season ticket holders (2,300) that leaves just over 400 floating supporters who paid to get in today.

I'm not sure how many members the Trust has but it's only a fraction of the season ticket holders and I'd imagine a smaller fraction of the floating support.

A Chairman's statement would be a start but so would regular, small steps of positive engagement across each week.

The Trust, can of course help facilitate but they can't lead this.

The Trust can facilitate as you said. There are questions aplenty and a recognised method for asking them.

As shown by the communication around he issues I mentioned, they helped supporters (not just members) gain a better appreciation of a situation. By having a meeting with the board (as has always happened regularly or years), some of those questions will be answered. As it is, we're seeing a lack of awareness increase the negativity.

Edit: I agree totally that this shouldn't be led by them though. Let's see where #teamrochdale is.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 20:58]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024