Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Winners together" - when reality bites 17:37 - Jan 1 with 8692 viewsRAFCBLUE

Do not let a late consolation goal paper over the gaping cracks of this team and squad.

I've seen all four games over the Christmas and New Year period and we've scored two goals and conceded seven. I've seen nothing that makes me think that we will escape the relegation zone and based on current performances I'd expect us relegated with bury soonafter the game on Tuesday 3rd April.

I've covered elsewhere the concerns on the lack of investment in permanent players over the last 5 years. That's not just the manager's issue and responsibility has to sit with the board. IMO this is the most limited squad with fewest options I've seen since Keith Hill took over for his first spell. The changes to the loan system mean we are now stuffed and can't borrow someone else's players because we can't develop our own.

Off the field, people will point to the ground being secured, but aside from that? Big gaps in the crowds, people giving tickets away and those who've paid for tickets feeling a better option is staying at home or doing something else rather than visit Spotland.

On the field, we are a shambles. We don't have a formation, regular tactics or an ability to get the ball within 20 yards of goal and hit the target regularly. We did that for 10 minutes at the end today and caused panic. It's too little too late.

We cannot defend corners and are resorting to playing a striker who won a medal for winning this league at left back. It is not good enough.

When it nearly went 3-0 to Blackpool I thought that was when it might erupt but their miss and our consolation and a small amount of booing has deferred the inevitable.

We now enter four months of 2018 before what many expect to be the inevitable. The town has voted with its feet today and we are back to square one.

If I could sit and have a quiet point I'd have one question for Chris Dunphy:

Please can you tell us what your strategy is to fix this mess?

As it stands, I'm not bothering with Doncaster in the cup. £48 for two adults that can go to other pursuits.

Am I the only one that feels like this?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 21:07 - Jan 1 with 2994 viewsanimal8

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 19:43 - Jan 1 by Dale23years

Ask Regs, it's wasn't that bad supposedly

Why are you so happy that we are playing bad . You can't wait to come on when we lose .try and be a bit positive you might enjoy life more . I am not a Keith hill lover .I just love Dale ,and hate the way things are going at the moment .
"Winners together" - when reality bites on 21:17 - Jan 1 with 2923 viewsDalenet

We all know that the football is awful at best - but something appears wrong somewhere. You can just sense something cant you. The comment about Directors not being around after summer wouldn't surprise me. But you can tell something has gone wrong and it isn't just about winning games. We couldn't even sell out our hospitality for a NW derby game on New Years Day. It all feels quite sad and depressing. Hilly needs to stand up and earn his corn, shape shift and win a few games. Then the club needs to ask the town to support the club avoid relegation. But this needs more than a couple of loan players. It needs some radical action.

Oh and Camps looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp today at his MOM award. He just didn't want to be there. Bunny didn't look happy being dropped and why was our best defender substituted? I don't think we have a happy camp
(No subject) on 21:31 - Jan 1 with 2853 viewsYouTubeDale

There is a total lack of bite upfront, which could be rectified by Keith, but it still hasn’t happened yet.

Cannon takes a corner and it goes out of play. Not good enough.
Cannon crosses the ball, after they score, and it goes out of play. Not good enough.
Cannon fouls his man, yet again. You know it’s going to happen. Why hasn’t this been coached out of him by now???
Williams wins the header upfront, in a central position. But nobody is there to receive it. Why not Keith ????
Early in the match, Camps takes a powerful free-kick and the keeper spills it. Where is our fox in the box, our poacher, to ANTICIPATE that happening ????? It must be down to coaching because we lack anticipation so many times.
Inman has a chance to smash the ball into the net late on...it goes way over. Not good enough.
Hendo is offside YET AGAIN. Not addressed by management, after how long ?????
Done runs up the pitch, can’t see a pass so goes back to goalkeeper. We are losing at this point. Just put the ball in the mix in these awful weather conditions and stop these negative moves. Coaching problems again ???? I know we are trying to maintain possession, but at what cost?
Keith needs to get more men going forward ,especially in the box,to give us more bite. Look at our scorer today -in the box.Done needs to be part of this.

Keith needs to look at himself first, before he looks at the players. He will get more answers that way.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 21:34 - Jan 1 with 2836 viewsTVOS1907

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 21:17 - Jan 1 by Dalenet

We all know that the football is awful at best - but something appears wrong somewhere. You can just sense something cant you. The comment about Directors not being around after summer wouldn't surprise me. But you can tell something has gone wrong and it isn't just about winning games. We couldn't even sell out our hospitality for a NW derby game on New Years Day. It all feels quite sad and depressing. Hilly needs to stand up and earn his corn, shape shift and win a few games. Then the club needs to ask the town to support the club avoid relegation. But this needs more than a couple of loan players. It needs some radical action.

Oh and Camps looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp today at his MOM award. He just didn't want to be there. Bunny didn't look happy being dropped and why was our best defender substituted? I don't think we have a happy camp

I believe Bunney was injured.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

(No subject) on 22:11 - Jan 1 with 2708 viewsValleySaddler

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 21:17 - Jan 1 by Dalenet

You won’t sell Hospitality out when calls aren’t returned to those wanting to book...
"Winners together" - when reality bites on 22:14 - Jan 1 with 2691 viewsYorkshire_Dale

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 18:29 - Jan 1 by blackdogblue

Let’s not forget we could have a fag at half time, decent hot dogs, don’t get me going on the steak & pepper pies the worst thing ever I have had the misfortune to put in my mouth, Luke warm burgers, club is a joke at the moment in more ways than one. At least if I was an Accrington fan I could have got to the pub earlier today to drown my sorrows, Hogans just scored for Vila, at least someone with a link to the Dale is having a good day!

Ran out of pies in the Sandy before end of HT!

....and it was really piping hot pie time today,bloody freezing and wet......why do we do it?
(No subject) on 00:23 - Jan 2 with 2465 viewsShun

(No subject) on 22:11 - Jan 1 by ValleySaddler

You won’t sell Hospitality out when calls aren’t returned to those wanting to book...

Ridiculous if that's the case.
"Winners together" - when reality bites on 07:50 - Jan 2 with 2345 viewsDaleFan7

It's always been the case. "Team Rochdale" when it suits the club and they want people's money. Any other time it disappears.
Login to get fewer ads

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 08:18 - Jan 2 with 2306 viewsfrenzied

its a while since i went to Dale this season..however whilst i can see the players are trying hard its more in hope than expectation that we can turn this around..the first half we were the better team but didnt make their keeper make a save.
Awful conditions to play in..i wouldnt attempt to launch into any tactical advice..i dont see the players train,no idea what their mind set is, i will continue to trust Hilly and Beech to sort that.

If he gets us out of this situation it will for me be his greatest achievement of all and the same for the players also..i will continue to support them to what may well be a bitter end
"Winners together" - when reality bites on 08:41 - Jan 2 with 2275 viewskiwidale

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 22:14 - Jan 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

Ran out of pies in the Sandy before end of HT!

....and it was really piping hot pie time today,bloody freezing and wet......why do we do it?

was you the guy that complained about the pies at the fans forum last year when we were top of the league?... Im not having a crack but made me laugh we have got bigger problems than cold pies

This is not the time for bickering.

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 08:43 - Jan 2 with 2273 viewskiwidale

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 08:18 - Jan 2 by frenzied

its a while since i went to Dale this season..however whilst i can see the players are trying hard its more in hope than expectation that we can turn this around..the first half we were the better team but didnt make their keeper make a save.
Awful conditions to play in..i wouldnt attempt to launch into any tactical advice..i dont see the players train,no idea what their mind set is, i will continue to trust Hilly and Beech to sort that.

If he gets us out of this situation it will for me be his greatest achievement of all and the same for the players also..i will continue to support them to what may well be a bitter end

I cant fault your loyalty lad

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 09:41 - Jan 2 with 2208 viewsParkinsGimp

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 19:42 - Jan 1 by inthenet

Fans treated like numptys and a team that plays without a striker ...we are a joke please explainHilly what the hell was that today !

We've got Calvin Andrew !
And a whole host of sh!te players not fit for league 2 never mind League One
"Winners together" - when reality bites on 09:45 - Jan 2 with 2194 viewskiwidale

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 09:41 - Jan 2 by ParkinsGimp

We've got Calvin Andrew !
And a whole host of sh!te players not fit for league 2 never mind League One

Well lad its all about timing and your time has come. Ive been very critical of your posts over the years for being very negative as have most on here but let me say it for you

"I TOLD YOU SO"

(No subject) on 10:57 - Jan 2 with 2136 viewsE_Bearshaw

Crikey.

I haven’t been to a match since Blackpool away, but I saw the result again yesterday and thought I’d come on here and see what’s going on. I had no idea it was this bad. Can’t add anything constructive as I don’t know how Dale have been playing, but the fans really do deserve better from the club, both on and off the field. Hope the new year brings you some better fortune, Daleys!
"Winners together" - when reality bites on 11:58 - Jan 2 with 2043 viewsRegJenkinsBoot

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 19:43 - Jan 1 by Dale23years

Ask Regs, it's wasn't that bad supposedly

Now you're resorting to making things up. Where did I even infer that?
(No subject) on 14:48 - Jan 2 with 1878 viewsnordenblue

(No subject) on 10:57 - Jan 2 by E_Bearshaw

Crikey.

I haven’t been to a match since Blackpool away, but I saw the result again yesterday and thought I’d come on here and see what’s going on. I had no idea it was this bad. Can’t add anything constructive as I don’t know how Dale have been playing, but the fans really do deserve better from the club, both on and off the field. Hope the new year brings you some better fortune, Daleys!

You cant be too surprised about the off field issues having been stitched up yourself by the same people,theres massive problems behind the scenes and its even more depressing on the pitch at the minute too
"Winners together" - when reality bites on 23:02 - Jan 3 with 1149 viewsfitzochris

I guess we’re all hypocrites.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 23:08 - Jan 3 with 1117 viewsRAFCBLUE

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 23:02 - Jan 3 by fitzochris

I guess we’re all hypocrites.

Great reminder of my post from a year ago fitzochris.

Bottom of the league and hammered at Doncaster. At least this year we are not bottom.

If you can point out where the concerns have been addressed I'd appreciate it and so would many others.

Reality bites.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 00:24 - Jan 4 with 1015 viewsSandyman

Not as many "statistics" back then RAFCBLUE

I went to the Doncaster game in the FA cup and we won. Desperate, very desperate defence after Calvin's goal (yes, he scored!) but we won.

To be fair you were right then. Your view 12 months ago is even more right now. Not your view now but your view then
"Winners together" - when reality bites on 07:42 - Jan 4 with 889 viewsRAFCBLUE

"Winners together" - when reality bites on 00:24 - Jan 4 by Sandyman

Not as many "statistics" back then RAFCBLUE

I went to the Doncaster game in the FA cup and we won. Desperate, very desperate defence after Calvin's goal (yes, he scored!) but we won.

To be fair you were right then. Your view 12 months ago is even more right now. Not your view now but your view then

Wrong Doncaster game, Sandyman.

We didn't play Donny in the Cup until the first week of Jan and the post that fitzochris pulls up was after losing 2-0 there on 29th December 2017 followed by being outplayed by Blackpool at home on 1st January 2018 where we lost 1-2.

Not sure if I was right then or right now.

What is interesting, is that in reminding me of a load of things that were weakness and that are still weaknesses we've treaded water for 12 months.

And what's really interesting is if you read this thread again I can't see a lot blaming Keith Hill solely, whereas folk are now.

It's an interesting shift and the only tangible difference between a year ago and today is that we have no FA Cup run to look forward to.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024