Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Judd 21:02 - Mar 5 with 7429 viewsRAFCBLUE

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

FAO Judd on 21:05 - Mar 5 with 5898 viewsSuddenLad

"Everybody starts at zero"

Some people end up there as well.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

FAO Judd on 21:07 - Mar 5 with 5881 viewsfitzochris

FAO Judd on 21:05 - Mar 5 by SuddenLad

"Everybody starts at zero"

Some people end up there as well.

But not prices.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

FAO Judd on 21:29 - Mar 5 with 5793 viewsDaleiLama

"People succeed by working extremely hard".

Good point well made. Going to get back to my game of Colluedo now.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

FAO Judd on 21:40 - Mar 5 with 5766 viewsSandyman

"What do you look for from a candidate in an interview?"

Interview for CEO at Dale open to other candidates versus immediate appointment out of nowhere?
Nah.

Is he a CEO apprentice? Guess so.
FAO Judd on 22:00 - Mar 5 with 5701 viewsrochdale_ranger

He seems okay very down to earth. Is the obsession with the guy at the moment based on jealousy I wonder? Some of the comments questioning who he was and whether he was “one of us” the other day didn’t half make us look like yokels.
FAO Judd on 22:07 - Mar 5 with 5665 viewsSandyman

Far from it. It's long-winded reading. but did you explore the details revealed here?
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/237852/fit-and-proper-pers

Nowt to do with "jealousy" , more to do with integrity.
FAO Judd on 22:19 - Mar 5 with 5620 viewsrochdale_ranger

FAO Judd on 22:07 - Mar 5 by Sandyman

Far from it. It's long-winded reading. but did you explore the details revealed here?
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/237852/fit-and-proper-pers

Nowt to do with "jealousy" , more to do with integrity.

I’m not reading a load of shite put together by interweb detectives. New chairman, new board, new ceo and soon to be new manager. We will be in a better place to form an opinion in eight weeks time. Some of the people slagging bottomley off are lapping up the fact we will be able to get crooked Russ back in soon (all the while forgetting about the fact that he was slagged rotten for everything from the catering to the season tickets)
FAO Judd on 22:27 - Mar 5 with 5601 viewsSandyman

FAO Judd on 22:19 - Mar 5 by rochdale_ranger

I’m not reading a load of shite put together by interweb detectives. New chairman, new board, new ceo and soon to be new manager. We will be in a better place to form an opinion in eight weeks time. Some of the people slagging bottomley off are lapping up the fact we will be able to get crooked Russ back in soon (all the while forgetting about the fact that he was slagged rotten for everything from the catering to the season tickets)

If you don't read it how do you know it is a load of shite? Are you saying an Office of Fair Trading investigation is is a load of shite, again without reading it?

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind. Keep on fishing

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Judd on 22:41 - Mar 5 with 5563 viewsrochdale_ranger

FAO Judd on 22:27 - Mar 5 by Sandyman

If you don't read it how do you know it is a load of shite? Are you saying an Office of Fair Trading investigation is is a load of shite, again without reading it?

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind. Keep on fishing

Im sorry that price fixing between toy companies doesn’t get me all hot under the collar
FAO Judd on 23:40 - Mar 5 with 5487 viewsBrierls

That's more of a FAO for applicants for the managers job...read up on Dale and you're halfway to the job!

I must admit, I don't quite understand the animosity directed toward David Bottomley. Obviously there was the "vote of confidence" interview, which didn't look great, but the knives were out way before that and I don't know why. I've probably missed a trick, I don't know.

As far as I know, he grew up as a Dale fan, brought his son up as a Dale fan, and joined the board as a Dale fan paying his dues like any other director.

Fan's were crying out for more interaction from the club and whether you agree with the format or not, he seems to be delivering on that front. As much as he appears to enjoy the limelight, I'm not sure he's got much choice as the chairman seems to be non-existent.

As I said I could be completely wrong, and others may know an awful lot more then me, but he seems to be coming in for more than average stick and scrutiny.
FAO Judd on 08:06 - Mar 6 with 5338 viewsjudd

FAO Judd on 22:19 - Mar 5 by rochdale_ranger

You are prepared to label Russ crooked?

It's entirely up to you what you are prepared to put up with in terms of who is running the club.

There are reasons for concerned fans to take a different view.

In my opinion, the Trust afforded a suitable opportunity to put the whole OFT investigation and findings (plural) to bed. Sadly, the opportunity was not taken and the off-hand dismissal has only attracted further attention.

I've not watched the clip posted above as yet, but will do.

Poll: What is it to be then?

FAO Judd on 08:14 - Mar 6 with 5315 viewsrochdale_ranger

FAO Judd on 08:06 - Mar 6 by judd

You are prepared to label Russ crooked?

It's entirely up to you what you are prepared to put up with in terms of who is running the club.

There are reasons for concerned fans to take a different view.

In my opinion, the Trust afforded a suitable opportunity to put the whole OFT investigation and findings (plural) to bed. Sadly, the opportunity was not taken and the off-hand dismissal has only attracted further attention.

I've not watched the clip posted above as yet, but will do.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/44746014
FAO Judd on 08:28 - Mar 6 with 5274 viewsjudd

FAO Judd on 08:14 - Mar 6 by rochdale_ranger

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/44746014

Oh, I am fully aware of what he admitted to.

Yet, with a sense of delicious irony you utterly dismiss what others have found out about the activities of our new CEO in a former role?

Poll: What is it to be then?

FAO Judd on 08:56 - Mar 6 with 5238 viewsBigKindo

FAO Judd on 22:41 - Mar 5 by rochdale_ranger

Im sorry that price fixing between toy companies doesn’t get me all hot under the collar

But if it was over the counter medicines that you, or someone close to you, needed how would you feel then?
FAO Judd on 09:03 - Mar 6 with 5225 viewsnordenblue

FAO Judd on 22:00 - Mar 5 by rochdale_ranger

He seems okay very down to earth. Is the obsession with the guy at the moment based on jealousy I wonder? Some of the comments questioning who he was and whether he was “one of us” the other day didn’t half make us look like yokels.

You don't need to wonder, the folk who have commented negatively about the boy Bottomley do it with sound knowledge and very good reason.

What could anyone possibly find to be jealous about regarding DB?
FAO Judd on 10:32 - Mar 6 with 5132 viewsSuddenLad

FAO Judd on 23:40 - Mar 5 by Brierls

That's more of a FAO for applicants for the managers job...read up on Dale and you're halfway to the job!

I must admit, I don't quite understand the animosity directed toward David Bottomley. Obviously there was the "vote of confidence" interview, which didn't look great, but the knives were out way before that and I don't know why. I've probably missed a trick, I don't know.

As far as I know, he grew up as a Dale fan, brought his son up as a Dale fan, and joined the board as a Dale fan paying his dues like any other director.

Fan's were crying out for more interaction from the club and whether you agree with the format or not, he seems to be delivering on that front. As much as he appears to enjoy the limelight, I'm not sure he's got much choice as the chairman seems to be non-existent.

As I said I could be completely wrong, and others may know an awful lot more then me, but he seems to be coming in for more than average stick and scrutiny.

To be honest Brierls, if it was just his Dale supporting background being used as a criteria, there would be no problem. He ticks every box, in the same way that we are led to believe Owen Oyston et. al did at Blackpool... or indeed the recently departed Chairman. Fans through and through, or many years. That's fine, but this isn't simply a matter of being a Dale fan.

It's all the unsavoury crap that comes with it. The Hasbro scandal, the ousting of James Mason from his post as CEO, the manner in which he then became CEO, the 'vote of confidence ' nonsense for Keith Hill and then the stab in the back within 96 hours. The word screaming large at everyone is 'untrustworthy'.

As others well know, there are different rumours and tales of woe being banded about concerning his antics at a stag do, the sort of stuff that the News of the World used to rely on. It's not good and it's not something that supporters want to hear about their CEO and Director. The club can do without that sort of adverse publicity. There are people reading this board, this post, who know exactly what I'm talking about, so there is no need for me to elucidate and I have no intention of doing so.

The thing is, these tales are being repeated from a variety of sources. They surely can't all be wrong !?

There are an increasing number of reasons to be worried about the integrity and conduct of
the CEO and as someone pointed out elsewhere, the vast majority of the Boardroom woes and turmoil behind the scenes, coincides with the period after his arrival at the club.

All a coincidence ? Maybe, but I'm sure we all hope that football can now take a front seat and not the nefarious off-field matters.

Feelings about the well-being of the club (off the field) are plummeting towards an all time low. That trend needs reversing - and quickly - so never mind managerial changes, if things don't improve from an image point of view, greater damage could occur.

Let's hope for the sake of all Dale fans everywhere, that it gets better. Quickly.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

FAO Judd on 10:42 - Mar 6 with 5121 viewsrochdale_ranger

I don’t know what went on at any stag do. I don’t know whether he’s crooked or not. We’ll see in time and if you all turn out to be right I’ll happily agree with you. After all the criticism Russ green got on here for various miscellaneous issues and the season tickets the job seems like a poison chalice. Regarding daves diary when fans said they wanted More transparency I think they meant more team news regarding injuries etc not a weekly opinion piece from the ceo I agree with you all on that one. It’s been a few week let’s see how it pans out.
FAO Judd on 11:55 - Mar 6 with 4974 viewsToffeemanc

" I got ambition and ability badly confused "
I think maybe he is still suffering from this, clearly has the ambition to be in total control at Dale without the necessary abilities to do so.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

FAO Judd on 12:02 - Mar 6 with 4959 viewsD_Alien

In addition to the issues aired above, it's something more straightforward that raises my suspicions: why does one person seem to want, or need, such an overall degree of control? I've said previously that KH was probably the only person at the club able to openly disagree with him - home truths?

Both DB and KH are control freaks, if truth be told, and there's only ever room for one. People question how and why KH lost his mojo. I'd suggest looking no further than once DB started to exert himself. Some might say (Oasis-stylee) KH needed reigning in - including myself. But the same now applies to DB. The chair is his stooge, going off the fans forum, so he won't do it. Power corrupts, and there's evidence that it wouldn't be the first time...

I just really detest that mindset
[Post edited 6 Mar 2019 12:06]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FAO Judd on 12:12 - Mar 6 with 4941 viewsBrierls

FAO Judd on 12:02 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

In addition to the issues aired above, it's something more straightforward that raises my suspicions: why does one person seem to want, or need, such an overall degree of control? I've said previously that KH was probably the only person at the club able to openly disagree with him - home truths?

Both DB and KH are control freaks, if truth be told, and there's only ever room for one. People question how and why KH lost his mojo. I'd suggest looking no further than once DB started to exert himself. Some might say (Oasis-stylee) KH needed reigning in - including myself. But the same now applies to DB. The chair is his stooge, going off the fans forum, so he won't do it. Power corrupts, and there's evidence that it wouldn't be the first time...

Is it not the job of the CEO to run everything and have an overall degree of control at the club on a day to day basis?

I'm not debating if he's the right or wrong man for the job, or his intentions, but if he's controlling everything then he's just doing his job.
FAO Judd on 12:15 - Mar 6 with 4922 viewsnordenblue

FAO Judd on 10:32 - Mar 6 by SuddenLad

To be honest Brierls, if it was just his Dale supporting background being used as a criteria, there would be no problem. He ticks every box, in the same way that we are led to believe Owen Oyston et. al did at Blackpool... or indeed the recently departed Chairman. Fans through and through, or many years. That's fine, but this isn't simply a matter of being a Dale fan.

It's all the unsavoury crap that comes with it. The Hasbro scandal, the ousting of James Mason from his post as CEO, the manner in which he then became CEO, the 'vote of confidence ' nonsense for Keith Hill and then the stab in the back within 96 hours. The word screaming large at everyone is 'untrustworthy'.

As others well know, there are different rumours and tales of woe being banded about concerning his antics at a stag do, the sort of stuff that the News of the World used to rely on. It's not good and it's not something that supporters want to hear about their CEO and Director. The club can do without that sort of adverse publicity. There are people reading this board, this post, who know exactly what I'm talking about, so there is no need for me to elucidate and I have no intention of doing so.

The thing is, these tales are being repeated from a variety of sources. They surely can't all be wrong !?

There are an increasing number of reasons to be worried about the integrity and conduct of
the CEO and as someone pointed out elsewhere, the vast majority of the Boardroom woes and turmoil behind the scenes, coincides with the period after his arrival at the club.

All a coincidence ? Maybe, but I'm sure we all hope that football can now take a front seat and not the nefarious off-field matters.

Feelings about the well-being of the club (off the field) are plummeting towards an all time low. That trend needs reversing - and quickly - so never mind managerial changes, if things don't improve from an image point of view, greater damage could occur.

Let's hope for the sake of all Dale fans everywhere, that it gets better. Quickly.

As an avid reader of this board some of those truths won't sit very well with a certain person at the club, maybe he'll need to phone a friend for advice
FAO Judd on 12:16 - Mar 6 with 4915 viewsD_Alien

FAO Judd on 12:12 - Mar 6 by Brierls

Is it not the job of the CEO to run everything and have an overall degree of control at the club on a day to day basis?

I'm not debating if he's the right or wrong man for the job, or his intentions, but if he's controlling everything then he's just doing his job.

How was he appointed? Who else was in the running for it? It's like the Masons, without James...

FAO Judd on 12:23 - Mar 6 with 4890 viewsBobbyjoe

FAO Judd on 12:02 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

...tends to corrupt!
FAO Judd on 12:24 - Mar 6 with 4888 viewsBrierls

FAO Judd on 12:16 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

How was he appointed? Who else was in the running for it? It's like the Masons, without James...

You've answered a question with a question.

I asked if the role of the CEO was to be in control of the club on a day to day basis.

I don't know how he was appointed. I don't know how James Mason was appointed either. I don't know if the same process was followed for both appointments.

It may well be that there are valid concerns about him being in the role, but performing tasks as per the responsibilities of the role isn't really one of them in my opinion.
FAO Judd on 12:30 - Mar 6 with 4863 viewsD_Alien

FAO Judd on 12:23 - Mar 6 by Bobbyjoe

...tends to corrupt!

Absolutely... !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024