Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Judd 21:02 - Mar 5 with 7457 viewsRAFCBLUE

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

FAO Judd on 12:32 - Mar 6 with 1522 viewsBobbyjoe

FAO Judd on 12:30 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

Absolutely... !

Touché!
FAO Judd on 12:37 - Mar 6 with 1503 viewsD_Alien

FAO Judd on 12:24 - Mar 6 by Brierls

You've answered a question with a question.

I asked if the role of the CEO was to be in control of the club on a day to day basis.

I don't know how he was appointed. I don't know how James Mason was appointed either. I don't know if the same process was followed for both appointments.

It may well be that there are valid concerns about him being in the role, but performing tasks as per the responsibilities of the role isn't really one of them in my opinion.

I'm all for efficiency. God knows there's a lack of it across so many areas of public concern. Best not to question how those who abrogate power got there, eh?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FAO Judd on 12:45 - Mar 6 with 1474 viewsBrierls

FAO Judd on 12:37 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

I'm all for efficiency. God knows there's a lack of it across so many areas of public concern. Best not to question how those who abrogate power got there, eh?

I'll take that as a Yes to my original question.

How he got there appears to be a can of worms where others are much more informed than I.
FAO Judd on 12:52 - Mar 6 with 1453 viewsBobbyjoe

FAO Judd on 12:37 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

I thought you were advocating him abrogating..!
FAO Judd on 14:10 - Mar 6 with 1372 viewsD_Alien

FAO Judd on 12:45 - Mar 6 by Brierls

I'll take that as a Yes to my original question.

How he got there appears to be a can of worms where others are much more informed than I.

Your original question didn't address my post, however

You seemed to be under the impression i was questioning his day to day CEO function; i wasn't. I was questioning his overall power within the club. Failure to understand that point led to your asking a question that missed the point

FAO Judd on 14:11 - Mar 6 with 1368 viewsD_Alien

FAO Judd on 12:52 - Mar 6 by Bobbyjoe

I thought you were advocating him abrogating..!

Quite, but it involves taking power from others!

FAO Judd on 14:18 - Mar 6 with 1355 viewsDorkingDale

FAO Judd on 10:32 - Mar 6 by SuddenLad

To be honest Brierls, if it was just his Dale supporting background being used as a criteria, there would be no problem. He ticks every box, in the same way that we are led to believe Owen Oyston et. al did at Blackpool... or indeed the recently departed Chairman. Fans through and through, or many years. That's fine, but this isn't simply a matter of being a Dale fan.

It's all the unsavoury crap that comes with it. The Hasbro scandal, the ousting of James Mason from his post as CEO, the manner in which he then became CEO, the 'vote of confidence ' nonsense for Keith Hill and then the stab in the back within 96 hours. The word screaming large at everyone is 'untrustworthy'.

As others well know, there are different rumours and tales of woe being banded about concerning his antics at a stag do, the sort of stuff that the News of the World used to rely on. It's not good and it's not something that supporters want to hear about their CEO and Director. The club can do without that sort of adverse publicity. There are people reading this board, this post, who know exactly what I'm talking about, so there is no need for me to elucidate and I have no intention of doing so.

The thing is, these tales are being repeated from a variety of sources. They surely can't all be wrong !?

There are an increasing number of reasons to be worried about the integrity and conduct of
the CEO and as someone pointed out elsewhere, the vast majority of the Boardroom woes and turmoil behind the scenes, coincides with the period after his arrival at the club.

All a coincidence ? Maybe, but I'm sure we all hope that football can now take a front seat and not the nefarious off-field matters.

Feelings about the well-being of the club (off the field) are plummeting towards an all time low. That trend needs reversing - and quickly - so never mind managerial changes, if things don't improve from an image point of view, greater damage could occur.

Let's hope for the sake of all Dale fans everywhere, that it gets better. Quickly.

Saddened that the club has plumbed the depths of issuing a statement of full support for the manager 3 days prior to sacking him. It's always the kiss of death, but didn't expect it from Rochdale. Wouldn't have happened whilst Dunphy was Chairman because he has integrity & that's something which made me proud of this club.
FAO Judd on 14:48 - Mar 6 with 1331 viewsrochdale_ranger

I still want to know what happened at this stag do?
Login to get fewer ads

FAO Judd on 15:15 - Mar 6 with 1313 viewsMoonyDale

FAO Judd on 14:48 - Mar 6 by rochdale_ranger

I still want to know what happened at this stag do?

As do I as it's the first I've heard if anything awry....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

FAO Judd on 15:22 - Mar 6 with 1299 viewssweetcorn

FAO Judd on 15:15 - Mar 6 by MoonyDale

As do I as it's the first I've heard if anything awry....

Probs did a line off a strippers arse or summat.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

FAO Judd on 16:26 - Mar 6 with 1232 viewsBrierls

FAO Judd on 14:10 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

Your original question didn't address my post, however

You seemed to be under the impression i was questioning his day to day CEO function; i wasn't. I was questioning his overall power within the club. Failure to understand that point led to your asking a question that missed the point

There's an uncanny correlation between people who disagree/challenge you and those who fail to understand the point. It's almost as if you are always right.

I suppose you are right on this one, I do find myself failing to understand the point.

"Why does one person seem to want, or need, such an overall degree of control?". Indeed.
FAO Judd on 17:04 - Mar 6 with 1189 viewsmikehunt

Well. By shrewd deduction I think he is telling us we are getting an apprentice manager. I can read between the lines you know 😄

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

FAO Judd on 17:06 - Mar 6 with 1179 viewsBrierls

FAO Judd on 17:04 - Mar 6 by mikehunt

Well. By shrewd deduction I think he is telling us we are getting an apprentice manager. I can read between the lines you know 😄

That'll save us some cash, we'll only have to pay them £3.70 an hour.
FAO Judd on 17:15 - Mar 6 with 1150 viewsD_Alien

FAO Judd on 16:26 - Mar 6 by Brierls

There's an uncanny correlation between people who disagree/challenge you and those who fail to understand the point. It's almost as if you are always right.

I suppose you are right on this one, I do find myself failing to understand the point.

"Why does one person seem to want, or need, such an overall degree of control?". Indeed.

There's nothing uncanny about it. You've made your point, i've made mine - a different one

No climbdown necessary on your part

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024