Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Community Director 14:30 - Jan 15 with 3670 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/january/community-director-appointment/

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

New Community Director on 15:37 - Jan 15 with 2721 viewskel

All the best to Keith in his retirement, he certainly deserves it.

A brilliant bloke who has done a fantastic job and it was always a pleasure to be in his company in my trust days.

Hopefully we’ll still see plenty of him when we can get back to matches.
New Community Director on 16:17 - Jan 15 with 2657 viewsjudd

New Community Director on 15:37 - Jan 15 by kel

A brilliant bloke who has done a fantastic job and it was always a pleasure to be in his company in my trust days.

Agree with that sentiment, wish him all the best in his retirement after a sterling stint at the club.

Poll: What is it to be then?

New Community Director on 17:52 - Jan 15 with 2571 views442Dale

New Community Director on 15:37 - Jan 15 by kel

It could be said that Keith’s contribution to the club’s history isn’t possibly recognised enough. His work during the mid to late 80s, as Junior Dale started and the soccer schools were ran in holidays throughout the year, undoubtedly ensured the club gained many young fans at a time when Dale didn’t really focus on that age group at all. He’d even drive the minibus to away games for junior supporters including at least four times round a roundabout on the way to Tranmere one Friday evening.

Echo those above, hope he enjoys his retirement.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Community Director on 18:45 - Jan 15 with 2492 viewsdawlishdale

Congratulations on your well deserved retirement Keith. You will be a hard act to follow. A warm welcome to Ryan.
New Community Director on 19:10 - Jan 15 with 2435 viewsrafc1984

All the best Keith. A top bloke who always has time for a chat. He had more of an impact on me than he'll ever know. Enjoy your well earned retirement.

Welcome to the club Ryan Bradley
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 19:11]
New Community Director on 19:49 - Jan 15 with 2353 viewsblackdogblue

New Community Director on 19:10 - Jan 15 by rafc1984

All the best Keith. A top bloke who always has time for a chat. He had more of an impact on me than he'll ever know. Enjoy your well earned retirement.

Welcome to the club Ryan Bradley
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 19:11]

Hmmm 🤨...

Know Kieth personally and he will be sorely missed, top bloke, ex player, club and juniors were always a priority & best wishes to him 👍

On to the “Press release” why does it refer to “Bradley” & not “Ryan”??? Great journalism, Fitz will be hanging his head in shame at the professionalism and non educated if local as referred to below 🤨

Next...

“I have come to Dale from a Premier League club and Rochdale tops a number of league tables when it comes to social deprivation, unemployment, poor health and lack of educational attainment”

Fook me... Is Burnley the new Cheshire or have I missed the news...

Quotes like that should not have been published on our club website ffs...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

New Community Director on 20:03 - Jan 15 with 2324 viewsDorkingDale

It refers to "Hicks" not "Keith" in the same sentence so it's perfectly correct......
New Community Director on 20:17 - Jan 15 with 2295 viewsD_Alien

New Community Director on 19:49 - Jan 15 by blackdogblue

Hmmm 🤨...

Know Kieth personally and he will be sorely missed, top bloke, ex player, club and juniors were always a priority & best wishes to him 👍

On to the “Press release” why does it refer to “Bradley” & not “Ryan”??? Great journalism, Fitz will be hanging his head in shame at the professionalism and non educated if local as referred to below 🤨

Next...

“I have come to Dale from a Premier League club and Rochdale tops a number of league tables when it comes to social deprivation, unemployment, poor health and lack of educational attainment”

I agree about that quote, bdb

It's almost certainly factually inaccurate, and the wrong place to start from with community engagement, which i would regard as beneficial regardless of socio-economic profile. I don't recall Keith Hicks having to resort to such rhetoric to justify the great work that he did
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 20:19]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

New Community Director on 20:23 - Jan 15 with 2275 viewsjudd

New Community Director on 20:17 - Jan 15 by D_Alien

It's almost certainly factually inaccurate, and the wrong place to start from with community engagement, which i would regard as beneficial regardless of socio-economic profile. I don't recall Keith Hicks having to resort to such rhetoric to justify the great work that he did

Describing the town as pauperous and deprived, having stuffed season ticket prices up c. 40%

New Community Director on 20:23 - Jan 15 with 2275 viewsblackdogblue

New Community Director on 20:17 - Jan 15 by D_Alien

👍

Really wound me up, everyone high fiving & welcoming him on twitter... had my say there as well..

One thing I will add, didn’t see the job advertised or have I missed it?? Nope... old pals network & stinks to me

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

New Community Director on 20:44 - Jan 15 with 2226 viewskel

New Community Director on 20:23 - Jan 15 by blackdogblue

👍

Really wound me up, everyone high fiving & welcoming him on twitter... had my say there as well..

One thing I will add, didn’t see the job advertised or have I missed it?? Nope... old pals network & stinks to me

It was advertised as I remember wondering at the time how it affected Keith as I wasn’t aware he was retiring.
New Community Director on 20:46 - Jan 15 with 2217 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/october/communitytrustmanager/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Community Director on 20:50 - Jan 15 with 2205 viewsD_Alien

New Community Director on 20:46 - Jan 15 by 442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/october/communitytrustmanager/

"Outstanding communicator"

Right...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Community Director on 20:58 - Jan 15 with 2194 viewsjudd

New Community Director on 20:44 - Jan 15 by kel

It was advertised as I remember wondering at the time how it affected Keith as I wasn’t aware he was retiring.

I think every job has been advertised along the lines of the amended protocol, ever since the chief execs role wasn't advertised, pre amendment of course 😉

New Community Director on 21:36 - Jan 15 with 2126 viewsQuigley_dale

Top man is Keith. I remember having my 13th birthday at the club, and he invited me to take a half time penalty at the next home game. Small gestures go a long way.
New Community Director on 21:53 - Jan 15 with 2098 viewsTVOS1907

New Community Director on 21:36 - Jan 15 by Quigley_dale

Top man is Keith. I remember having my 13th birthday at the club, and he invited me to take a half time penalty at the next home game. Small gestures go a long way.

Did you score Quigley?

I can only echo everyone else's comments, but not having to fit 12 pictures, 1000 words and a load of tables onto two B5 pages will be a bonus next season!

Only kidding, Hicksy. Thanks for all your efforts and your ability to constantly beat deadlines by a good five/six days.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

New Community Director on 22:13 - Jan 15 with 2050 viewsQuigley_dale

New Community Director on 21:53 - Jan 15 by TVOS1907

Did you score Quigley?

I can only echo everyone else's comments, but not having to fit 12 pictures, 1000 words and a load of tables onto two B5 pages will be a bonus next season!

Only kidding, Hicksy. Thanks for all your efforts and your ability to constantly beat deadlines by a good five/six days.

Top bins in the Sandy end TVOS!
New Community Director on 22:34 - Jan 15 with 2010 viewsmightydale

New Community Director on 21:36 - Jan 15 by Quigley_dale

Surprise you can remember that far back

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

New Community Director on 23:55 - Jan 15 with 1954 viewsSandyman

Mr Keith Hicks is part of the fixtures and fittings at Dale. A wonderful servant of the club, the community, and a top bloke as well. Wishing him a long and happy retirement, he deserves no less.
Edit: Shame we can't have a proper leaving do for him, that would be a good 'un! Maybe once all this virus malarkey ends?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 23:57]
New Community Director on 01:00 - Jan 16 with 1922 viewspioneer

New Community Director on 23:55 - Jan 15 by Sandyman

Mr Keith Hicks is part of the fixtures and fittings at Dale. A wonderful servant of the club, the community, and a top bloke as well. Wishing him a long and happy retirement, he deserves no less.
Edit: Shame we can't have a proper leaving do for him, that would be a good 'un! Maybe once all this virus malarkey ends?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 23:57]

I am old enough to remember seeing him play in his early days at Oldham 1971..part of a ‘golden generation ‘ youth team which I think was developed by former dale scout ( Gordon Hurst maybe? Memory playing tricks again?).

We shall never know how many young people his work has had a positive and lasting influence on...here’s to a long and healthy retirement.

Maybe those on here with Hornets connections could comment on the ‘replacement’.
New Community Director on 07:37 - Jan 16 with 1827 viewsJames1980

New Community Director on 19:49 - Jan 15 by blackdogblue

Hmmm 🤨...

Next...

Sounds like Keith's boots will be very difficult to fill all the best for his retirement.

The editing in the article isn't great, because in the interview, the new chap does say that 'Burnley and Rochdale are very similar in terms of social deprivation and educational attainment' Which although is still highlighting negative traits it puts the written quote in a bit more context.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

New Community Director on 08:51 - Jan 16 with 1759 viewsgolfaduffy

New Community Director on 20:58 - Jan 15 by judd

I think every job has been advertised along the lines of the amended protocol, ever since the chief execs role wasn't advertised, pre amendment of course 😉

It's good that we go through the correct process when advertising all jobs. However, why was the CEO's job not advertised? Surely the most important post at the club to get right, and someone just walks into it? That can't be right , and should be challenged at the AGM.

Also, who is the new Co Secretary at the club, because I saw that job advertised a couple of months back, yet haven't seen any appointment.
New Community Director on 09:11 - Jan 16 with 1744 viewsnordenblue

New Community Director on 08:51 - Jan 16 by golfaduffy

It's good that we go through the correct process when advertising all jobs. However, why was the CEO's job not advertised? Surely the most important post at the club to get right, and someone just walks into it? That can't be right , and should be challenged at the AGM.

Also, who is the new Co Secretary at the club, because I saw that job advertised a couple of months back, yet haven't seen any appointment.

Steady on,easy now
New Community Director on 11:33 - Jan 16 with 1654 viewspioneer

Got me wondering whether Fitz has ever had the opportunity to talk to Keith Hicks on his years at Dale. Given the length of service it has the potential to be a fascinating read.
New Community Director on 12:27 - Jan 16 with 1589 viewsjudd

New Community Director on 11:33 - Jan 16 by pioneer

Got me wondering whether Fitz has ever had the opportunity to talk to Keith Hicks on his years at Dale. Given the length of service it has the potential to be a fascinating read.

Good idea, and possibly a podcast with ATP and Chaff and the other lads?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024