Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bob Dylan 09:43 - May 21 with 1952 viewsmikehunt

Seeing as it is/ was his eightieth birthday thought I’d put my favourite track of his up.
He is well in to his seventies when he did this. Can’t say I’m a fan of his and, although, the track is pretty unremarkable heard on its own, coupled with the performance it shows him off as a pretty cool talent. (Maybe it’s that hat).

Anyone else got any obscure tracks of his to share?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Bob Dylan on 09:50 - May 21 with 1927 viewsboromat

Feel like we've not had a music thread for a while. It must be the close season

My contribution for Bob's Birthday is....

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Bob Dylan on 10:49 - May 21 with 1849 viewsAtThePeake

Huge Dylan fan, was lucky enough to see him at the Apollo a few years ago and even aged 75 he still blew me away. His latest album is one of his better recent ones, but one of my favourites from more recent years is Duquesne Whistle.

Tangled up in blue.

Bob Dylan on 11:01 - May 21 with 1833 viewsncfc_chalky

Is there any other song so beautifully bitter and nasty as Positively 4th Street?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Bob Dylan on 12:53 - May 21 with 1762 viewsjudd

Bob Dylan on 11:01 - May 21 by ncfc_chalky

Is there any other song so beautifully bitter and nasty as Positively 4th Street?

I had a wheelbarrow?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bob Dylan on 12:57 - May 21 with 1751 viewscumbria_dale

one of my favourite Dylan songs, but a suitably nutty version from this era
Bob Dylan on 13:14 - May 21 with 1725 viewsncfc_chalky

Bob Dylan on 12:53 - May 21 by judd

I had a wheelbarrow?

Made me laugh tbf

Bob Dylan on 13:21 - May 21 with 1721 viewsjudd

Bob Dylan on 13:14 - May 21 by ncfc_chalky

Made me laugh tbf

Is it not a serious song then?

I thought it was a socio-economic comment on the struggle and dilapidated state of agrarian communities as the industrial revolution was nurtured, a journey similarly followed by Dylan when he left his folkified audience mortified and aghast when he plugged his guitar into an amp?

Bob Dylan on 13:39 - May 21 with 1701 viewsncfc_chalky

Bob Dylan on 13:21 - May 21 by judd

Is it not a serious song then?

I thought it was a socio-economic comment on the struggle and dilapidated state of agrarian communities as the industrial revolution was nurtured, a journey similarly followed by Dylan when he left his folkified audience mortified and aghast when he plugged his guitar into an amp?

It's about a wheel falling off a wheelbarrow,it can be accompanied either by acoustic or electric guitar (Judas!) but usually by the drummer at the back of the stand
[Post edited 21 May 2021 13:41]

Login to get fewer ads

Bob Dylan on 13:51 - May 21 with 1683 viewsjudd

Bob Dylan on 13:39 - May 21 by ncfc_chalky

It's about a wheel falling off a wheelbarrow,it can be accompanied either by acoustic or electric guitar (Judas!) but usually by the drummer at the back of the stand

It's cryptically metaphorical and genius, as well as quite shit.

Bob Dylan on 14:00 - May 21 with 1676 viewsncfc_chalky

Bob Dylan on 13:51 - May 21 by judd

It's cryptically metaphorical and genius, as well as quite shit.

It was started by taking the piss out of Shrewsbury fans at first,we was losing 2-0 and they started singing some chant or other but with their accent it sounded like I had a wheelbarrow and the wheel fell off and we started to sing it back,suddenly Notts came back and it ended 2-2 and has been sung ever since, imagine how good it could have been if we had won

Bob Dylan on 14:03 - May 21 with 1670 viewsD_Alien

Bob Dylan on 14:00 - May 21 by ncfc_chalky

It was started by taking the piss out of Shrewsbury fans at first,we was losing 2-0 and they started singing some chant or other but with their accent it sounded like I had a wheelbarrow and the wheel fell off and we started to sing it back,suddenly Notts came back and it ended 2-2 and has been sung ever since, imagine how good it could have been if we had won

A tractor?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bob Dylan on 14:12 - May 21 with 1649 viewsTomRAFC

All great choices.

Here's mine, probably the best vocal he ever did.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Bob Dylan on 14:29 - May 21 with 1638 viewsjudd

Bob Dylan on 14:00 - May 21 by ncfc_chalky

Knock knock knockin' on the Severn bore

Bob Dylan on 16:23 - May 21 with 1562 viewsblackdogblue

Bob Dylan on 14:29 - May 21 by judd

Knock knock knockin' on the Severn bore

Bob Dylan did Rainey Day Woman in the FOREST Gump epic.

Sorry Chalky lad, he’s clearly a red

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Bob Dylan on 18:30 - May 21 with 1453 viewsfrenzied

The best song and dance man I've ever known
Bob Dylan on 18:41 - May 21 with 1441 viewsncfc_chalky

Bob Dylan on 18:30 - May 21 by frenzied

The best song and dance man I've ever known

I've heard that phrase used about Dylan before somewhere,did he use it himself or summat?
[Post edited 21 May 2021 18:44]

Bob Dylan on 18:46 - May 21 with 1431 viewsncfc_chalky

Bob Dylan on 16:23 - May 21 by blackdogblue

Bob Dylan did Rainey Day Woman in the FOREST Gump epic.

Sorry Chalky lad, he’s clearly a red

FORREST Gump bd

Bob Dylan on 18:59 - May 21 with 1419 viewsfrenzied

Bob Dylan on 18:41 - May 21 by ncfc_chalky

I've heard that phrase used about Dylan before somewhere,did he use it himself or summat?
[Post edited 21 May 2021 18:44]

Well spotted Chalky...it was his quote when asked how he would describe himself...I think the irony was lost on some of the assembled press!!!
Bob Dylan on 19:45 - May 21 with 1396 viewsblackdogblue

Bob Dylan on 18:46 - May 21 by ncfc_chalky

FORREST Gump bd

Life’s a box of chocolates Chalky but fook off... none for u

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Bob Dylan on 19:51 - May 21 with 1394 viewsncfc_chalky

Bob Dylan on 18:59 - May 21 by frenzied

Well spotted Chalky...it was his quote when asked how he would describe himself...I think the irony was lost on some of the assembled press!!!

Thanks for that,it's just occurred to me where I heard it and it was said by Bob (well the bloke that played him) in a program called Urban Myths when he went to Dave Stewart's house but got the wrong Dave,did this ever happen or is it erm...well just an urban myth?

Bob Dylan on 19:56 - May 21 with 1389 viewsDiddyDave

Bob Dylan on 13:39 - May 21 by ncfc_chalky

Anybody on here go to the "Judas" concert in Manchester in May 1965 (or was it `66) ? I went with a mate, the bloke who yelled it out was sat just behind us and little did we know how famous that remark was going to be. I notice he`s just sold the rights to all his music for millions, so I suppose seeing as his genre was really singing about the down trodden or the irony of modern day America (as he saw it), you could use the same headline. Like Dylan or not, the bloke is/was a genius, one of a kind, who, with the Beatles and Tamla Motown, made the sixties into the iconic musical decade us older blokes will always remember with nostalgia.
Bob Dylan on 20:15 - May 21 with 1369 viewsD_Alien

Bob Dylan on 19:56 - May 21 by DiddyDave

Anybody on here go to the "Judas" concert in Manchester in May 1965 (or was it `66) ? I went with a mate, the bloke who yelled it out was sat just behind us and little did we know how famous that remark was going to be. I notice he`s just sold the rights to all his music for millions, so I suppose seeing as his genre was really singing about the down trodden or the irony of modern day America (as he saw it), you could use the same headline. Like Dylan or not, the bloke is/was a genius, one of a kind, who, with the Beatles and Tamla Motown, made the sixties into the iconic musical decade us older blokes will always remember with nostalgia.

Don't forget the Bonzo Dog Doodah Band and the Barron Knights

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bob Dylan on 21:06 - May 21 with 1324 viewsSheffdale

Bob Dylan on 11:01 - May 21 by ncfc_chalky

You've got a lot of nerve, Chalky!
Bob Dylan on 21:45 - May 21 with 1293 viewsBlueMessiah

Bob Dylan on 21:06 - May 21 by Sheffdale

You've got a lot of nerve, Chalky!

Sorry, marked down by mistake. 🤔

Poll: Do I Know You?

Bob Dylan on 22:04 - May 21 with 1272 viewsncfc_chalky

Bob Dylan on 21:45 - May 21 by BlueMessiah

Sorry, marked down by mistake. 🤔

I've balanced it up 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising