Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
........... and next up 13:02 - Sep 7 with 1905 viewsBigKindo

Thomas Tuchel shown the door at Chelsea. How much did he spend in the last transfer window?
........... and next up on 13:51 - Sep 7 with 1841 viewsBrierls

Not just Dale that sack the manager after backing him in the summer transfer window!

Chelsea being Chelsea, no matter who the owner is.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 13:59]
........... and next up on 14:05 - Sep 7 with 1804 viewsEllDale

The Chelsea stance seems to be that Tuchel didn't have much say in the recruitment in the last transfer window but rather can't get the best out of the players signed for him.
Bizarre.
........... and next up on 14:25 - Sep 7 with 1774 viewsDalenet

........... and next up on 14:05 - Sep 7 by EllDale

The Chelsea stance seems to be that Tuchel didn't have much say in the recruitment in the last transfer window but rather can't get the best out of the players signed for him.
Bizarre.

His interview post game was very critical of the players for not showing the right effort and application. Did the Board think he had lost the dressing room?
........... and next up on 15:19 - Sep 7 with 1695 views49thseason

He will leave with a large payday and few regrets. I often wonder if some of these large transfers from overseas clubs sometimes include a payment into someone's offshore pension fund for accepting such ridiculous deals, maybe buried in the "Agents fees" column. Brown envelopes are so passé in this day and age.... a million here, a half million there , it all adds up!
........... and next up on 15:40 - Sep 7 with 1668 viewsBigKindo

........... and next up on 15:19 - Sep 7 by 49thseason

He will leave with a large payday and few regrets. I often wonder if some of these large transfers from overseas clubs sometimes include a payment into someone's offshore pension fund for accepting such ridiculous deals, maybe buried in the "Agents fees" column. Brown envelopes are so passé in this day and age.... a million here, a half million there , it all adds up!

Ahem. '.... a million here, a half million there , it all adds up!' How do you know?
Graham Potter now in the frame.
........... and next up on 15:50 - Sep 7 with 1650 viewsSaxonDale

The right decision for me- think some Chelsea fans were realising that the managerial qualification needs to be a bit more than simply being better than Frank Lampard. In a similar way to Stockdale I didn’t really know what style of play Chelsea were supposed to be playing and their transfer policy (admittedly not all him) has been scattergun at best.

The Lukaku signing was a mess- particularly considering he had been Tuchel’s number one target but then the team rarely played to his strengths. They’ve arguably got the best youth academy in the country but I think Tuchel was limiting opportunities to players which for all his faults had been something Lampard had addressed due to the transfer embargo. On the face of it Gilmour, Broja, Gallagher and Colwill all seem as talented as James or Mount but have been either sold, loaned out or struggling to get a real opportunity.

Think the best thing Chelsea could do is give it to Poch or Potter and give them time. Whether that happens under the new leadership is a different matter, though.
........... and next up on 17:47 - Sep 7 with 1473 viewsD_Alien

........... and next up on 15:50 - Sep 7 by SaxonDale

The right decision for me- think some Chelsea fans were realising that the managerial qualification needs to be a bit more than simply being better than Frank Lampard. In a similar way to Stockdale I didn’t really know what style of play Chelsea were supposed to be playing and their transfer policy (admittedly not all him) has been scattergun at best.

The Lukaku signing was a mess- particularly considering he had been Tuchel’s number one target but then the team rarely played to his strengths. They’ve arguably got the best youth academy in the country but I think Tuchel was limiting opportunities to players which for all his faults had been something Lampard had addressed due to the transfer embargo. On the face of it Gilmour, Broja, Gallagher and Colwill all seem as talented as James or Mount but have been either sold, loaned out or struggling to get a real opportunity.

Think the best thing Chelsea could do is give it to Poch or Potter and give them time. Whether that happens under the new leadership is a different matter, though.

If i were Potter i wouldn't touch Chelsea with a bargepole

He's having the time of his life at Brighton, highly respected for his work there and in a setting where there are no competing egos at the top of the club to keep happy - unlike at Stamford Bridge

Of course, he may want to have a crack at a really big club at some stage but hope he can see that the politics involved at Chelsea right now plus the egos on the pitch who may well think they're better than they are just wouldn't be worth it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

........... and next up on 17:55 - Sep 7 with 1443 views49thseason

........... and next up on 15:40 - Sep 7 by BigKindo

Ahem. '.... a million here, a half million there , it all adds up!' How do you know?
Graham Potter now in the frame.

I dont "know", thats why I wrote "I sometimes wonder if". But I do know that there were £322m spent on Agents fees by Premiership and EFL clubs in the months from February 1st 2021 to January 31st 2022. And I know that where there is that sort of money involved the opportunity for the key decision makers to be " encouraged" to buy and sell players is a distinct possibility. And dont forget, that is money which is lost to the game. The numbers are eye-watering even Burnley spent over £6m on Agents. Chelsea have been in the top 3 spenders on agents most seasons for years.
Login to get fewer ads

........... and next up on 14:11 - Sep 8 with 984 viewsD_Alien

Looks like Potter is about to succumb to the lure of the bright lights

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62824133

I'd wish him luck, but it's not luck he'll need; rather, a thickness of skin i wonder he could manage to grow. Maybe i'm misjudging him, who knows?

Have to feel sorry for Brighton fans who've been living the dream of challenging the big clubs and can't imagine they'll find another Potter

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

........... and next up on 16:04 - Sep 8 with 866 viewsNigeriamark

........... and next up on 17:55 - Sep 7 by 49thseason

I dont "know", thats why I wrote "I sometimes wonder if". But I do know that there were £322m spent on Agents fees by Premiership and EFL clubs in the months from February 1st 2021 to January 31st 2022. And I know that where there is that sort of money involved the opportunity for the key decision makers to be " encouraged" to buy and sell players is a distinct possibility. And dont forget, that is money which is lost to the game. The numbers are eye-watering even Burnley spent over £6m on Agents. Chelsea have been in the top 3 spenders on agents most seasons for years.

On the price of football they reckon this sacking will take compensation paid to managers to over £ 100m since 2003 since Abramavich took over. Hasn't taken the new owners long to follow the same pattern
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024