Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sports - EFL 19:37 - May 5 with 3248 viewsblackdogblue

I get the feeling that no one responds or comments on here from me for some reason .. but how bad is this at lost revenue… leave you to it..

[Post edited 5 May 2023 19:38]

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Sky Sports - EFL on 22:14 - May 5 with 3087 viewsdavidab2202

Just read about it and agree entirely
Sky Sports - EFL on 07:58 - May 6 with 2882 viewsA_Newby

Although clubs in the EFL will probably receive a greater cash payment from the new Sky deal it is not likely to solve any financial problems for the Dale or smaller EFL clubs.

Say for example RAFC had remained in league 2 and then received an extra £350,000 that the other clubs DIDN’T get then we would have a financial advantage over the others and be able to attract better players with enhanced pay deals.

If all the clubs received the same £350,000 then we would have no advantage, all that would happen is that clubs would also offer better deals to all players and there would be player wage inflation.

So, the deal is probably good for the players but not necessarily for the clubs and fans.

Taking off my “cynical head” and putting on “my positive for the Dale head”.

Next season (23/24) we receive a parachute payment from the EFL equivalent to that of an EFL league 2 club (about £550,000). The following season (24/25) we receive a final parachute payment of half that paid to a league 2 club which would have been £275,000 under the current EFL / Sky deal.

As the payments to EFL league 2 clubs is likely to increase to say £800,000 then we should hopefully get half of that or £400,000. This would then again give us a slight financial advantage over most other national league clubs.

I hope someone at the club checks this out.
Sky Sports - EFL on 08:44 - May 6 with 2837 viewsD_Alien

Sky Sports - EFL on 07:58 - May 6 by A_Newby

Although clubs in the EFL will probably receive a greater cash payment from the new Sky deal it is not likely to solve any financial problems for the Dale or smaller EFL clubs.

Say for example RAFC had remained in league 2 and then received an extra £350,000 that the other clubs DIDN’T get then we would have a financial advantage over the others and be able to attract better players with enhanced pay deals.

If all the clubs received the same £350,000 then we would have no advantage, all that would happen is that clubs would also offer better deals to all players and there would be player wage inflation.

So, the deal is probably good for the players but not necessarily for the clubs and fans.

Taking off my “cynical head” and putting on “my positive for the Dale head”.

Next season (23/24) we receive a parachute payment from the EFL equivalent to that of an EFL league 2 club (about £550,000). The following season (24/25) we receive a final parachute payment of half that paid to a league 2 club which would have been £275,000 under the current EFL / Sky deal.

As the payments to EFL league 2 clubs is likely to increase to say £800,000 then we should hopefully get half of that or £400,000. This would then again give us a slight financial advantage over most other national league clubs.

I hope someone at the club checks this out.

Agree with your point about wage inflation taking up most of the extra income from this deal, therefore no real benefit to Dale

The downside might well have been having our fixtures messed about with to accommodate TV schedules, i.e. like we see with the premier league clubs

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sky Sports - EFL on 09:52 - May 6 with 2751 views49thseason

The thing is, if you spend it all on players wages, and not invest in areas of the club that in the longer term could bring in many times their initial investment. This is especially true when you dont have someone pumping millions in every year. We can't keep on spending all our income on players the pitch and team-related matters, sooner or later, the essential finance-raising infrastructure has to be addressed to preserve a long term future.
Sky Sports - EFL on 10:29 - May 6 with 2678 viewsSaxonDale

Haven’t read the small print but can only assume it as big-a-blow as any we could have really received since relegation. The worry is in a few years time the funding difference between League 2 and National League is so high that we see similar to what happens in Prem/Champ where the same clubs are pretty much getting promoted and relegated every season.
Sky Sports - EFL on 10:59 - May 6 with 2648 viewsJames1980

Another reason why it was so imperative to retain our league status. Oh well qué Sera and all that.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Sky Sports - EFL on 18:09 - May 8 with 2233 viewsfermin

Sitting on a train down to London opposite the Leyton Orient chairman discussing this with another director. He is now discussing finances, possible stadium developments, how to finance League 1 etc (40% extra in wages apparently) with an Orient fan. All seems very transparent. Happy to talk about high finance with him eg how to get more money out of current ground with all the restrictions they seem to have. The fan is saying how since he took over the fan engagement has been great. Now onto their 3-year strategy.

The chairman doesn't seem to think too much of the prospects for fan-owned clubs because, I think, of the general lack of business and football expertise and the time it takes to do it properly - I couldn't quite get all of it. Noticeable that the fan was appreciative of the difficulties involved in keeping the club going. I suppose it helps when you have won promotion.

I am not sure why our board can't be as open as this. Hopefully they will respond positively to the Trust meetings.

I looked up his CV. A fan since childhood and now had lots of money after a successful business career. A pity we don't appear to have an investor like that.
Sky Sports - EFL on 19:50 - May 8 with 2045 viewsSuddenLad

Sky Sports - EFL on 18:09 - May 8 by fermin

Sitting on a train down to London opposite the Leyton Orient chairman discussing this with another director. He is now discussing finances, possible stadium developments, how to finance League 1 etc (40% extra in wages apparently) with an Orient fan. All seems very transparent. Happy to talk about high finance with him eg how to get more money out of current ground with all the restrictions they seem to have. The fan is saying how since he took over the fan engagement has been great. Now onto their 3-year strategy.

The chairman doesn't seem to think too much of the prospects for fan-owned clubs because, I think, of the general lack of business and football expertise and the time it takes to do it properly - I couldn't quite get all of it. Noticeable that the fan was appreciative of the difficulties involved in keeping the club going. I suppose it helps when you have won promotion.

I am not sure why our board can't be as open as this. Hopefully they will respond positively to the Trust meetings.

I looked up his CV. A fan since childhood and now had lots of money after a successful business career. A pity we don't appear to have an investor like that.

I suppose it's easy to be relaxed and open when things are going well, when you've just won the title and all in the garden is rosy and the mood is triumphant.

When your club is mired in misery, is potless, has been relegated and is managerless, then those conversations don't flow as easily.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Sky Sports - EFL on 20:12 - May 8 with 1968 viewsD_Alien

Sky Sports - EFL on 19:50 - May 8 by SuddenLad

I suppose it's easy to be relaxed and open when things are going well, when you've just won the title and all in the garden is rosy and the mood is triumphant.

When your club is mired in misery, is potless, has been relegated and is managerless, then those conversations don't flow as easily.

Tbf, fermin mentioned that too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024