Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with George Delves 19:32 - Jul 23 with 4762 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Interview with George Delves on 21:12 - Jul 23 with 4579 viewsDalenet

A decent listen. He certainly seems to be more than a COO. Plus has lots of experience in football. Would like to hear more of him during the season
Interview with George Delves on 22:23 - Jul 23 with 4446 views_Windydale

Good conversational podcast about the COO role at Dale and the challenges of managing the role, while the club operates on a small budget.

Sounds like he has a varied interesting role at the heart of the club, juggling many different work streams.

A good insight into behind the scenes at Dale. Blogs like this open up the club to fans who are shareholders and others who are interested in ALL aspects of Rochdale AFC
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 22:27]
Interview with George Delves on 10:31 - Jul 25 with 3850 viewsKnavesmireBob

Thanks for sharing this 442, I've just listened to it. Having not attended recent fans forums/AGMs etc it's the first time I've heard from George. I think he comes across great on here. Very knowledgeable about all things football governance, a good communicator, and a down to earth personality with a refreshing lack of 'all about me' given his seniority. A modern day version of Colin Garlick?

Which makes it all the more baffling why it so often feels like the tail is wagging the dog at RAFC. I'd love to hear more from him in the future, especially through our own direct channels. It's admirable in some ways if he prefers to go about his business behind the scenes and without need for an elevated public profile, but given the frequent curveballs and communication vacuum from the boardroom I'd say having George become a much more prominent presence in front of the camera could go a long way to making the fanbase feel better informed and on side.
Interview with George Delves on 18:45 - Jul 30 with 3229 viewsTomRAFC

Interview with George Delves on 10:31 - Jul 25 by KnavesmireBob

Thanks for sharing this 442, I've just listened to it. Having not attended recent fans forums/AGMs etc it's the first time I've heard from George. I think he comes across great on here. Very knowledgeable about all things football governance, a good communicator, and a down to earth personality with a refreshing lack of 'all about me' given his seniority. A modern day version of Colin Garlick?

Which makes it all the more baffling why it so often feels like the tail is wagging the dog at RAFC. I'd love to hear more from him in the future, especially through our own direct channels. It's admirable in some ways if he prefers to go about his business behind the scenes and without need for an elevated public profile, but given the frequent curveballs and communication vacuum from the boardroom I'd say having George become a much more prominent presence in front of the camera could go a long way to making the fanbase feel better informed and on side.

I've spoken to George a few times, via email and in person. He's a lovely bloke, absolutely football mad, and he couldn't be further from Colin Garlick if he tried.

When it comes to our spectacular fall from grace, George Delves is an often silent but absolutely central character.

He received the job of COO because he was already doing it when he was club secretary. Our then CEO, David Roger Bottomley, was busy being David Roger Bottomley.

Through relegations, secret contracts, absurd signings, and pretty much every operational issue at the club in recent times, the person in charge of the day to day running of the club was George Delves.

Lovely bloke but frighteningly bad at his job. The current board were assembled as an emergency solution and were never going to have the skills to run a football club. Don't get me wrong, the board absolutely bare responsibility for not then bringing those skills into the club. As recently explained, MRKT only contribute to the early stages of recruitment, nothing more.

Running a football club is meant to be his speciality, and in that capacity he has failed spectacularly.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 19:12]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Interview with George Delves on 15:45 - Jul 31 with 2878 viewsRodingdale

Seems hospitality isn’t sold out on Saturday. With a tea time kick off, what a great opportunity to target families to book. That’s what the news item says, accompanied with an image of some middle aged blokes, a half drunk pint of beer and some dirty plates. Now no disrespect to the chaps in the photo, but if you want to target your marketing at families then that’s not going to appeal is it! Keep doing what you always did and expect to get what you always got. Another example of lazy uncreative marketing “well we tried” 🤷‍♂️. Any CEO worth their salt needs to be all over this sort of thing. Take a risk - free kids meals etc

Still, the meals are ‘delicious’ - apparently.
Interview with George Delves on 15:56 - Jul 31 with 2820 viewskel

Interview with George Delves on 15:45 - Jul 31 by Rodingdale

Seems hospitality isn’t sold out on Saturday. With a tea time kick off, what a great opportunity to target families to book. That’s what the news item says, accompanied with an image of some middle aged blokes, a half drunk pint of beer and some dirty plates. Now no disrespect to the chaps in the photo, but if you want to target your marketing at families then that’s not going to appeal is it! Keep doing what you always did and expect to get what you always got. Another example of lazy uncreative marketing “well we tried” 🤷‍♂️. Any CEO worth their salt needs to be all over this sort of thing. Take a risk - free kids meals etc

Don’t forget the fantastic offer for juniors - £35 for a match ticket and chicken nuggets and chips. They’ll be queueing round the corner for that.
Interview with George Delves on 16:11 - Jul 31 with 2750 viewselectricblue

The photo you discribe makes you wonder why these staff are still at the club and not ousted out.
Once again why is this incompetence allowed to go on!
The COO and .ore importantly the Board should be all over this....

Children under 10 should eat and drink for free and more importantly get to meet the players and Desmond for photos and autographs...

The more i read about how badly run the club is the more i feel it is setup for failure...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Interview with George Delves on 16:26 - Jul 31 with 2692 viewsisitme

Interview with George Delves on 15:56 - Jul 31 by kel

Don’t forget the fantastic offer for juniors - £35 for a match ticket and chicken nuggets and chips. They’ll be queueing round the corner for that.

I notice the three course meal has now become two. The offering for adults is not great either. Soup and then chicken and rice for £45.
Login to get fewer ads

Interview with George Delves on 16:54 - Jul 31 with 2593 viewsSuddenLad

Interview with George Delves on 16:26 - Jul 31 by isitme

I notice the three course meal has now become two. The offering for adults is not great either. Soup and then chicken and rice for £45.

The price for food alone isn't £45. It's more like half that, when you consider the cost of the match executive seat, programme etc.

The cost for children is ridiculous if they can only offer chicken nuggets.

I have taken the hospitality option several times. It's always been excellent food, well presented and I have no complaints. I'd recommend it, though we now have new caterers,so that still needs to be assessed.

Whilst the price structure for kids needs serious thought, the package is decent value and if you are a season card holder, it's reduced by £10.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Interview with George Delves on 17:39 - Jul 31 with 2458 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Do we REALLY need a menacing guy "doing the doors" at these events, never been so guess someone could have one too many? Is this another example of running up costs because we always did it that way? Double time at weekends.
Interview with George Delves on 17:44 - Jul 31 with 2446 viewsTalkingSutty

Interview with George Delves on 17:39 - Jul 31 by Yorkshire_Dale

Do we REALLY need a menacing guy "doing the doors" at these events, never been so guess someone could have one too many? Is this another example of running up costs because we always did it that way? Double time at weekends.

The security guys we have doing the Ratcliffe, Dale Bar and up in the lounge are some of the best I've come across. Normally the same three or four faces, always smartly dressed and very friendly and professional. I think they are needed when there are large numbers of people around consuming alcohol, better to be safe than sorry.
Interview with George Delves on 17:55 - Jul 31 with 2405 views442Dale

Interview with George Delves on 15:56 - Jul 31 by kel

Only looked now, but it’s says if juniors prefer a two course meal to contact the commercial dept via email. Is this an update?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Interview with George Delves on 18:01 - Jul 31 with 2373 viewskel

Interview with George Delves on 17:55 - Jul 31 by 442Dale

Only looked now, but it’s says if juniors prefer a two course meal to contact the commercial dept via email. Is this an update?

No, that was on there originally. Wonder how much extra it would cost if a junior went for that option.
Interview with George Delves on 18:02 - Jul 31 with 2368 viewskel

Interview with George Delves on 17:44 - Jul 31 by TalkingSutty

The security guys we have doing the Ratcliffe, Dale Bar and up in the lounge are some of the best I've come across. Normally the same three or four faces, always smartly dressed and very friendly and professional. I think they are needed when there are large numbers of people around consuming alcohol, better to be safe than sorry.

They are indeed. The tall bloke (Ste is it?) is fantastic and represents the club really well.
Interview with George Delves on 18:05 - Jul 31 with 2348 viewskel

Yes. I was once a guest in a hospitality suite at City and the matchball sponsor was being an obnoxious arse who clearly couldn’t handle his drink so unfortunately these people have to be dealt with. An expense we could do without obviously, but people will behave like that after a few.
Interview with George Delves on 18:29 - Jul 31 with 2250 viewsTalkingSutty

Interview with George Delves on 18:02 - Jul 31 by kel

They are indeed. The tall bloke (Ste is it?) is fantastic and represents the club really well.

Yes, he works up at Littleborough cricket club also along with some of the other lads. They command respect and deserve it.
Interview with George Delves on 18:37 - Jul 31 with 2220 viewsDaleBars

Hello,

To clarify, are you asking about the hospitality areas within the stadium? Taurus is responsible for providing stadium door stewards during match days, which includes the 1907 hospitality area. If you have a complaint, please send an email to office@rochdaleafc.co.uk

Regarding The Ratcliffe/Dale Bar on match days and function bookings, it is run independently by Ste, as previously mentioned by Kel. We do receive a lot of positive feedback, from both our home supporters and away supporters. On match days the entrances are required to be covered by door stewards.

If you have any additional inquiries or worries, feel free to reach out to me.

Poll: Would you watch a live stream against Southend in Ratcliffe kick off 12:30

Interview with George Delves on 18:47 - Jul 31 with 2173 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Interview with George Delves on 18:37 - Jul 31 by DaleBars

Hello,

To clarify, are you asking about the hospitality areas within the stadium? Taurus is responsible for providing stadium door stewards during match days, which includes the 1907 hospitality area. If you have a complaint, please send an email to office@rochdaleafc.co.uk

Regarding The Ratcliffe/Dale Bar on match days and function bookings, it is run independently by Ste, as previously mentioned by Kel. We do receive a lot of positive feedback, from both our home supporters and away supporters. On match days the entrances are required to be covered by door stewards.

If you have any additional inquiries or worries, feel free to reach out to me.

I was referring ONLY to the hospitality areas, where I thought the need for security is less of a demand.

I appreciate the Bars need cover and as said the guys doing so, are superb.

Thanks for comments.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024