Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Robben goal 21:53 - Feb 29 with 1150 views442Dale

Good news for England.

There would have been people wanting Pearce to keep the job for the Euros, using phrases like 'showed Psycho's courage' and 'battled back well' if it had been 2-2.

Terrible manager.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

That Robben goal on 21:56 - Feb 29 with 877 viewsDale_316

Pearce is evidence that if you hang around at the fa long enough youre bound to get the england job

Oh when the dale go marching in

That Robben goal on 22:11 - Feb 29 with 831 viewsLondondale

What sort of manager plays Jones at right back and Richards at centre-half?

Typical of Pearce's awful management.
That Robben goal on 22:12 - Feb 29 with 825 viewsofficialdale

pearce isn't a great manager by all means. but tonight them lads shown more pride then any england team in a good few years. danny welbeck ran 33 yards to chase a dead ball. should he be given a medal? no. but i don't see rooney or other names doing the same.

tbh i'm genuinely not arsed who takes the job for euros. after the tournament is when i'll start taking a bigger notice in england.
That Robben goal on 22:12 - Feb 29 with 825 viewsSaxonDale

Agree with all the posts on this thread, Pearce is too reactive instead of proactive to have any success at international manager.
That Robben goal on 22:20 - Feb 29 with 802 viewsClivert

That Robben goal on 22:12 - Feb 29 by SaxonDale

Agree with all the posts on this thread, Pearce is too reactive instead of proactive to have any success at international manager.

I don't particually rate Pearce as a manager but thought that his decision to replace Gerrard with Sturridge was 'proative' tonight.

From what I've seen tonight Pearce has don't himself no harm with the performance from an inexperienced team against the World Cup runners up. At least the side was balanced tonight and he didn't try another daft system just try and accomodate Lampard and Gerrard.

Redknapp still has to be first choice for manager though.
That Robben goal on 22:25 - Feb 29 with 781 viewsSaxonDale

Gerrard was injured wasn't he? The first goal was awful to concede defensively, coupled with the second two goals which were classic examples of the England side simply switching off.
That Robben goal on 22:32 - Feb 29 with 765 viewsDale_316

That Robben goal on 22:25 - Feb 29 by SaxonDale

Gerrard was injured wasn't he? The first goal was awful to concede defensively, coupled with the second two goals which were classic examples of the England side simply switching off.

Baines has to do better for the third especially against someone with such a good left peg

Oh when the dale go marching in

That Robben goal on 23:19 - Feb 29 with 732 viewsYorkshire_Dale

England played well tonight......some great performances.

At least Fat Frank et al were nowhere near the youngsters.
Login to get fewer ads

That Robben goal on 23:44 - Feb 29 with 699 viewstopoff

On what evidence do you base your opinion on? (In relation to the op)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
That Robben goal on 07:41 - Mar 1 with 648 viewssweetcorn

That Robben goal on 23:44 - Feb 29 by topoff

On what evidence do you base your opinion on? (In relation to the op)

I'll give you some evidence: Truly awful tactics and record at city. As for U21's, he's really wasted some talent there, any good manager would have seen that team win the european U21's championship, when they were number one side in the world, they lost in an embarrassing final playing the worst long-ball allardycesque football. if he's manager i'm out.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

That Robben goal on 08:14 - Mar 1 with 638 views1907

I do not rate Baines at all, both fullbacks backed off the wingers far too much. Robben is a wordly but Richards gave him far too much respect. Can't remember Baines making a tackle or blocking a cross throughout? First goal was absolutely shocking defending, quality run by Huntelaar but for a Chelsea and United centre half pairing to follow one man leaving an acre? Dreadful. Though Parker had a good game, the big mistake Pearce made for me was taking Barry off for Milner leaving a gaping hole in the middle of the park.
That Robben goal on 08:36 - Mar 1 with 623 viewstopoff

That Robben goal on 07:41 - Mar 1 by sweetcorn

I'll give you some evidence: Truly awful tactics and record at city. As for U21's, he's really wasted some talent there, any good manager would have seen that team win the european U21's championship, when they were number one side in the world, they lost in an embarrassing final playing the worst long-ball allardycesque football. if he's manager i'm out.

So you are judging him on his record with Man City when he last managed them in 2007 - over 5 years ago?
He also got our under 21`s into a major final - surprised you dont find that a achievement?
We have had the so called golden generation in the senior game and some of the best management names in world football have done absolutely nothing.
Last night was a massive improvement on the dross Capello and the people before him served up, yes the goals conceded were naive, that comes with using inexperienced youngsters but at least I saw a England team that looked a cohesive unit, and seemed to know what they were doing. Just need to get rid of Gerrard and that fat lump Barry, only then we will have a England team that isnt blessed with failure. Forget Euro 2012, use it as a learning curve and get these kids playing towards the world cup in 2014.
That Robben goal on 10:12 - Mar 1 with 579 viewsdingdangblue

Im surprised no one commented on the farcical 4 mins time allowed! 11 substitutions,5 goals and it took 5 mins to get Smalling off the pitch.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

That Robben goal on 11:15 - Mar 1 with 551 viewssweetcorn

That Robben goal on 08:36 - Mar 1 by topoff

So you are judging him on his record with Man City when he last managed them in 2007 - over 5 years ago?
He also got our under 21`s into a major final - surprised you dont find that a achievement?
We have had the so called golden generation in the senior game and some of the best management names in world football have done absolutely nothing.
Last night was a massive improvement on the dross Capello and the people before him served up, yes the goals conceded were naive, that comes with using inexperienced youngsters but at least I saw a England team that looked a cohesive unit, and seemed to know what they were doing. Just need to get rid of Gerrard and that fat lump Barry, only then we will have a England team that isnt blessed with failure. Forget Euro 2012, use it as a learning curve and get these kids playing towards the world cup in 2014.

I believe if you read what i put, i said he lead us to an embarrassing defeat in the final, when we finally played a side who could play football and they put 4 past us, he plays awful tactics and has throughout is managerial career. so no i don't consider leading the at the time 'number one' ranked team to an embarrassing defeat as an achievement.

And what are you on? so because it was in 2007 we can't judge him on that, we just forget he ever managed that because it was 5 years ago. there is nothing else to judge him for. he has an awful managerial record and theres no other way of putting it. not surprisingly you didnt mention the last U21's tournament, where we did very well didn't we, when we didn't even win a game, or is 5 months too long ago to consider that?

Say what you want about Capello, we won games under him and he was inexperienced with tournament football, so i am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, although i was glad to see the back of him, i now rescind that glee if we are replacing him with stuart f'in pearce.

That Robben goal on 11:46 - Mar 1 with 538 viewstopoff

That Robben goal on 11:15 - Mar 1 by sweetcorn

I believe if you read what i put, i said he lead us to an embarrassing defeat in the final, when we finally played a side who could play football and they put 4 past us, he plays awful tactics and has throughout is managerial career. so no i don't consider leading the at the time 'number one' ranked team to an embarrassing defeat as an achievement.

And what are you on? so because it was in 2007 we can't judge him on that, we just forget he ever managed that because it was 5 years ago. there is nothing else to judge him for. he has an awful managerial record and theres no other way of putting it. not surprisingly you didnt mention the last U21's tournament, where we did very well didn't we, when we didn't even win a game, or is 5 months too long ago to consider that?

Say what you want about Capello, we won games under him and he was inexperienced with tournament football, so i am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, although i was glad to see the back of him, i now rescind that glee if we are replacing him with stuart f'in pearce.

And you thought that performance last night was Allardycesque?
That Robben goal on 11:58 - Mar 1 with 532 viewssweetcorn

That Robben goal on 11:46 - Mar 1 by topoff

And you thought that performance last night was Allardycesque?

When did i say anything about last night being long-ball football? but it was hardly an inspiring performance i'll say that much, defending like we had steve eyre in change, we backed off a player who has one of the deadliest left foots in world football and gave him space to shoot and wait, it's 1-0.

We had no real chances up top and personally think pearce picked the wrong players up top, how can he justify playing young, when we he's horribly out of form at united and adam johnson who is being kept out of his club side by another englishman!

Why don't you answer what i said about not being able to judge pearce for his city record or his teams great performance at the U21's european championship in the summer? funny that. all i can say is that if we appoint him, i hope we don't have to rely on the teddy.

That Robben goal on 12:57 - Mar 1 with 492 viewsKenBoon

The fella is a joke tactically. Our Under-21s at the last tournament were humiliated. All you could hear from the sidelines were stuff like "BATTLE" and that sort of crap. Shouts like that come from the terraces. The Under-21 final tournament 2 years earlier, where we were HAMMERED by Germany 4-0, wasn't that great either. We beat the host nation on penalties in the round before (Norway I think) and really owed our progress to Joe Hart, who was banned for the final for being ludicrously booked in the shootout. Funnily enough we'll be relying on Joe Hart come the summer too.

On the subject of "Golden Generations". What's the obsession with retiring players and "playing the youngsters" in this country? We'll be refusing to play anyone older than 20 next. Are people seriously suggesting we retire Wayne Rooney, Ashley Cole and anyone else who isn't untried next?

Whoever England get it, they should just let England play like England. Not Graham Taylor's England though.
That Robben goal on 13:06 - Mar 1 with 485 viewstopoff

That Robben goal on 11:58 - Mar 1 by sweetcorn

When did i say anything about last night being long-ball football? but it was hardly an inspiring performance i'll say that much, defending like we had steve eyre in change, we backed off a player who has one of the deadliest left foots in world football and gave him space to shoot and wait, it's 1-0.

We had no real chances up top and personally think pearce picked the wrong players up top, how can he justify playing young, when we he's horribly out of form at united and adam johnson who is being kept out of his club side by another englishman!

Why don't you answer what i said about not being able to judge pearce for his city record or his teams great performance at the U21's european championship in the summer? funny that. all i can say is that if we appoint him, i hope we don't have to rely on the teddy.

Jesus, If you didnt find that performance inspiring how did you feel about watching performances under Capello? At least this side looked as though they had a game plan.
Young justified his place in the line up with a great finish - and surely you cant blame Pearce for Baines and Richards not closing down Robben?
I still fail to see how you can judge a man who managed a league club over 5 years ago and has good/bad moments with the under 21`s. I am not saying he is the man for the job(and neithe does he) but given the circumstances thought his selections and game plan was pretty much spot on, or would you rather have the glorious failures (lampard, Ferdinand etc) of the past 10 years pulling on a England shirt?
That Robben goal on 13:08 - Mar 1 with 483 viewsdingdangblue

That Robben goal on 11:58 - Mar 1 by sweetcorn

Is that Adam Johnson who's started the last 3 league games for City?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

That Robben goal on 13:14 - Mar 1 with 480 viewstopoff

That Robben goal on 12:57 - Mar 1 by KenBoon

The fella is a joke tactically. Our Under-21s at the last tournament were humiliated. All you could hear from the sidelines were stuff like "BATTLE" and that sort of crap. Shouts like that come from the terraces. The Under-21 final tournament 2 years earlier, where we were HAMMERED by Germany 4-0, wasn't that great either. We beat the host nation on penalties in the round before (Norway I think) and really owed our progress to Joe Hart, who was banned for the final for being ludicrously booked in the shootout. Funnily enough we'll be relying on Joe Hart come the summer too.

On the subject of "Golden Generations". What's the obsession with retiring players and "playing the youngsters" in this country? We'll be refusing to play anyone older than 20 next. Are people seriously suggesting we retire Wayne Rooney, Ashley Cole and anyone else who isn't untried next?

Whoever England get it, they should just let England play like England. Not Graham Taylor's England though.

The golden generation was a team of failures and I include Ashley Cole in that - 10 years of absolute garbage from the supposed best players in the land. Gerrard, Ferdinand, Lampard, Cole et al have failed and failed time and time again on the big stage, get some players out there with some desire and a management team that will let them express themselves.

By the way you must have very good ears if you can hear everything that was shouted from the sidelines for a whole 90 minutes..
That Robben goal on 13:15 - Mar 1 with 478 viewssweetcorn

That Robben goal on 13:06 - Mar 1 by topoff

Jesus, If you didnt find that performance inspiring how did you feel about watching performances under Capello? At least this side looked as though they had a game plan.
Young justified his place in the line up with a great finish - and surely you cant blame Pearce for Baines and Richards not closing down Robben?
I still fail to see how you can judge a man who managed a league club over 5 years ago and has good/bad moments with the under 21`s. I am not saying he is the man for the job(and neithe does he) but given the circumstances thought his selections and game plan was pretty much spot on, or would you rather have the glorious failures (lampard, Ferdinand etc) of the past 10 years pulling on a England shirt?

I'd rather have ferdinand for sure ahead of cahill, even now at his age he is twice the player cahill is, He's been found out at chelsea since he's gone there, not a good player at all.
You're right, you can't blame pearce for baines inability to close someone down, but you can blame pearce for selecting him and trying to be a bit different, baines in not the grade for England. Like i said, it doesn't matter how long ago it was, it still happened and theres nothing else to base judgement on.

My england 11 would be something along the lines of:

---------------Hart---------------
-Richards-Ferdinand-Smalling-Cole

-?*---Gerrard(c)--Parker---Young-

-------Rooney--Welbeck/sturridge-

*= select the right from the most in-form right midfield back end of the season from: Johnson, Milner, Walcott, Chamberlain

That has a good mix of experience and youth. Just hope Pearce isn't the one leading them.

That Robben goal on 13:24 - Mar 1 with 463 viewssweetcorn

That Robben goal on 13:14 - Mar 1 by topoff

The golden generation was a team of failures and I include Ashley Cole in that - 10 years of absolute garbage from the supposed best players in the land. Gerrard, Ferdinand, Lampard, Cole et al have failed and failed time and time again on the big stage, get some players out there with some desire and a management team that will let them express themselves.

By the way you must have very good ears if you can hear everything that was shouted from the sidelines for a whole 90 minutes..

Are you Stuart Pearce in disguise? Why do you have such blind faith in Pearce, the stats don't lie, he's been a failure in the 2 job's he's had to date in management and i admit i don't see him as a football guy, more a raw passion guy, think thats better suited to a number 2.

As for Johnson, how many has he started this season, i'm willing to bet them 3 are half of his overall starts. Walcott scored 2 on saturday, not saying he's the best available, but do you get more in form than that?

That Robben goal on 13:57 - Mar 1 with 435 viewstopoff

That Robben goal on 13:24 - Mar 1 by sweetcorn

Are you Stuart Pearce in disguise? Why do you have such blind faith in Pearce, the stats don't lie, he's been a failure in the 2 job's he's had to date in management and i admit i don't see him as a football guy, more a raw passion guy, think thats better suited to a number 2.

As for Johnson, how many has he started this season, i'm willing to bet them 3 are half of his overall starts. Walcott scored 2 on saturday, not saying he's the best available, but do you get more in form than that?

Obviously I am not Stuart Pearce in disguise, the op said he was a terrible manager, and based on the events of last night fail to see why he came to that conclusion? He more or less picked the same team you hinted at in your previous post so find your contuinued beratement of him somewhat bemusing.
That Robben goal on 14:14 - Mar 1 with 423 viewsdingdangblue

That Robben goal on 13:15 - Mar 1 by sweetcorn

I'd rather have ferdinand for sure ahead of cahill, even now at his age he is twice the player cahill is, He's been found out at chelsea since he's gone there, not a good player at all.
You're right, you can't blame pearce for baines inability to close someone down, but you can blame pearce for selecting him and trying to be a bit different, baines in not the grade for England. Like i said, it doesn't matter how long ago it was, it still happened and theres nothing else to base judgement on.

*= select the right from the most in-form right midfield back end of the season from: Johnson, Milner, Walcott, Chamberlain

That has a good mix of experience and youth. Just hope Pearce isn't the one leading them.

Ferdinand is too injury prone for me now and has lost his pace - Im sure if Robben had been running at him last night for the goal the outcome wouldve been the same. At the end of the day it was a meaningless friendly.

That Robben goal on 14:18 - Mar 1 with 418 viewsClivert

That Robben goal on 13:15 - Mar 1 by sweetcorn

Ferdinand is worth a goal a game for the opposition these days!

No Phil Jones in that team?????
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024