Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonah's last home game Sat? 09:20 - Apr 23 with 3221 viewsDorkingDale

What do you reckon?
Jonah's last home game Sat? on 10:27 - Apr 23 with 2705 viewsmacro

I reckon is raining hard at the moment
Jonah's last home game Sat? on 11:16 - Apr 23 with 2625 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Probably so...

On the footballing side, he's struggled this season and even taking into account the drop down to League 2...Gary is a year older, probably unable to manage 46+ games, one of the larger wage earners at the club (possibly).

On the non-footballing side, if it comes down to a stand off between the Management and the Club Captain....I'd be pretty sure the Management will win.

Next season would be a good one to start fresh with new young talent.

Jonah's last home game Sat? on 11:47 - Apr 23 with 2584 viewsNewbury_Dale

Got a 2-year contract last season. I doubt we can afford to pay him up, so unless he retires at the end of this season, I expect he'll be back for pre-season. No problem with that from view. He's hardly bad in a Steve Doyle mould is he ?
Jonah's last home game Sat? on 11:56 - Apr 23 with 2569 viewselectricblue

Jonah's last home game Sat? on 11:47 - Apr 23 by Newbury_Dale

Got a 2-year contract last season. I doubt we can afford to pay him up, so unless he retires at the end of this season, I expect he'll be back for pre-season. No problem with that from view. He's hardly bad in a Steve Doyle mould is he ?

Or
Mark payne...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Jonah's last home game Sat? on 11:59 - Apr 23 with 2556 viewselectricblue

Actually i see it as Dales last home game as a Div1 team...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Jonah's last home game Sat? on 13:21 - Apr 23 with 2413 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Sell..?
Jonah's last home game Sat? on 14:01 - Apr 23 with 2329 viewsDale_Iain

Providing we still have Kennedy and Tutte, I wouldn't have Jones in my starting XI next season. However I think we'd be daft to try and offload him, there will be times next season when we need him and his experience, battling qualities and even his love of the club to help us through what will be a transitional season.
Jonah's last home game Sat? on 14:11 - Apr 23 with 2306 viewsAtThePeake

Jonah's last home game Sat? on 14:01 - Apr 23 by Dale_Iain

Providing we still have Kennedy and Tutte, I wouldn't have Jones in my starting XI next season. However I think we'd be daft to try and offload him, there will be times next season when we need him and his experience, battling qualities and even his love of the club to help us through what will be a transitional season.

^ What Dale_Iain said.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Jonah's last home game Sat? on 14:31 - Apr 23 with 2270 viewsSalwaDale

Jonah's last home game Sat? on 14:11 - Apr 23 by AtThePeake

^ What Dale_Iain said.

Absolutely, however - if he isn't happy with that we'd be better getting rid.

TBBT

Jonah's last home game Sat? on 14:56 - Apr 23 with 2219 viewsSuddenLad

Not sure it will be his last EVER Dale game at Spotland. Can't see it.

I always thought that Jonah would be encouraged into taking a more 'hands-on' role at Spotland, when his playing days were over. Perhaps offered a coaching position, or something similar. I can't see him featuring in 46 games+ next season.

I think he has previously said that he wants to pursue a career in sports journalism when he finished playing. Perhaps he could be offered another position, with perhaps a 'dual role, i.e. player with some coaching duties.

He undoubtedly has a wealth of experience to pass on to younger players, with a 'Spotland specific' angle. It would be a shame if all that experience were to walk out of the door without being utilised to the benefit of the club.

He already has another 12 months to run on his contract. Why not extend it by a further 12 months, with the second year as a coach ONLY. We could always retain his playing registration ( as we did with Flicker) and he could be used on an ad hoc basis if needed. Like against Gillingham in the play-offs !!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jonah's last home game Sat? on 15:28 - Apr 23 with 2178 viewscon_dale

Jonah's last home game Sat? on 11:16 - Apr 23 by Albert_Whitehurst

Probably so...

On the footballing side, he's struggled this season and even taking into account the drop down to League 2...Gary is a year older, probably unable to manage 46+ games, one of the larger wage earners at the club (possibly).

On the non-footballing side, if it comes down to a stand off between the Management and the Club Captain....I'd be pretty sure the Management will win.

Next season would be a good one to start fresh with new young talent.

Just a thought, if Huddersfield don't go up they make a cheeky bid for him!
There fans love him and he has played magnificent in all 4 games against them in the last 2 year!
Jonah's last home game Sat? on 15:50 - Apr 23 with 2138 viewsDoolan_Is_God

I see Jonah as a kind of Wayne Rooney for us. When the team is playing well and people are doing their jobs he's a massive asset. When heads are down and the basics aren't being done right he feels responsible and loses discipline. I think that in League Two against lower-quality midfielders and in a more confident team under a more competent manager, Jonah will have a big role to play next year.
Jonah's last home game Sat? on 17:30 - Apr 23 with 2042 viewsisitme

From what I remember Steve Doyle was a least a reasonable passer with no mobility. Jones' passing is not really one of his strongest point as he is/was more of a box to box player with the knack of scoring a few goals.

As Dale_Iain has said the Tutte and Kennedy show should be our first choice next season (assuming they are both still our players).
Jonah's last home game Sat? on 17:44 - Apr 23 with 2012 viewsNewbury_Dale

Doyle wasn't fit to share a pitch with Jones IMO. Neither were the likes of Thompstone, Leonard, Farrell, Gouck, Martin etc etc...

I think Jones can still do a job next season
Jonah's last home game Sat? on 17:50 - Apr 23 with 1997 viewsisitme

I agree that he could do a job, but he should not be a first choice player. That would leave him in a role that he probably would not like or want at a very expensive price.
Jonah's last home game Sat? on 18:29 - Apr 23 with 1941 viewsTalkingSutty

Jonah's last home game Sat? on 17:30 - Apr 23 by isitme

From what I remember Steve Doyle was a least a reasonable passer with no mobility. Jones' passing is not really one of his strongest point as he is/was more of a box to box player with the knack of scoring a few goals.

As Dale_Iain has said the Tutte and Kennedy show should be our first choice next season (assuming they are both still our players).

Well if you compared Jonahs and Tuttes performances at Chesterfield on Saturday there would only be one winner and it wouldnt have been Tutte

Of course Jonahs good enough for next season, exactly the type of player we will need and i predict he will be in double figures on the goal front also,( you can resurrect that comment this time next season if Jonah plays 35/40 games ).

Of course it all depends on wether all parties have managed to sort out their differences, if they havent then Jonah will have to move on.
Jonah's last home game Sat? on 18:38 - Apr 23 with 1925 viewsisitme

We will have to agree to differ on that one then! I wasn't at Chesterfield on Saturday due to a prior commitment in the evening but for me Tutte has been the better player since his re-introduction to the team. I will have you a £1 bet that Jones doesn't score 10+ goals next season.

As you know, I am not anti-Jones. He has been a great servant for the club, but I do not think that he is worth the wage we are currently paying him. I would much rather that be spent on a good goalkeeper, dominant centre half or a target man. For his current wage (although this will probably fall due to relegation) we could pay for at least two good 'League Two' players.

We have a limited wage budget and it is about deciding where and how this should be spent. Can we afford, what could be our third choice midfielder being our highest paid player, especially considering our deficiencies in the positions I have previously highlighted.
Jonah's last home game Sat? on 18:43 - Apr 23 with 1911 viewsroccydaleian

Jonah's last home game Sat? on 18:38 - Apr 23 by isitme

We will have to agree to differ on that one then! I wasn't at Chesterfield on Saturday due to a prior commitment in the evening but for me Tutte has been the better player since his re-introduction to the team. I will have you a £1 bet that Jones doesn't score 10+ goals next season.

As you know, I am not anti-Jones. He has been a great servant for the club, but I do not think that he is worth the wage we are currently paying him. I would much rather that be spent on a good goalkeeper, dominant centre half or a target man. For his current wage (although this will probably fall due to relegation) we could pay for at least two good 'League Two' players.

We have a limited wage budget and it is about deciding where and how this should be spent. Can we afford, what could be our third choice midfielder being our highest paid player, especially considering our deficiencies in the positions I have previously highlighted.

A £1 bet. Jeez.
Jonah's last home game Sat? on 18:44 - Apr 23 with 1906 viewsisitme

I do not bet as a rule, but I will have a 'sportsman's bet' with TalkingSutty as an exception!
Jonah's last home game Sat? on 19:20 - Apr 23 with 1840 views442Dale

Might be wrong, but I think last season was the only one where Jones got into double figures for Dale, and 6/7 of those were penalties. He also benefited from Hill's tactical masterplan that found a new role to get the best out of Jones, one which was reliant on COG's presence in the side.

Saturday was the perfect example of how Jones can hold back players like Tutte (doesn't have to be him, but a like-minded midfielder who likes to push forward) because he naturally plays that role, just not as well anymore. It's not his fault, the manager picks the side. That said he had a good first half and still showed us he does have a role, sometimes starting, but mainly off the bench. He'd do far more damage late on when opponents tire.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jonah's last home game Sat? on 19:44 - Apr 23 with 1799 viewsTalkingSutty

Jonah's last home game Sat? on 18:44 - Apr 23 by isitme

I do not bet as a rule, but I will have a 'sportsman's bet' with TalkingSutty as an exception!

Right, lets see the colour of your money then. In fact i will raise the stakes and go the full hog, the loser buys the winner a hot meat and potato pie.

Your obviously very confident so have the courage of your convictions and throw caution to the wind, i dare you !!
Jonah's last home game Sat? on 20:35 - Apr 23 with 1732 viewsTVOS1907

Jonah's last home game Sat? on 18:43 - Apr 23 by roccydaleian

A £1 bet. Jeez.

I didn't know you did irony, roccy.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Jonah's last home game Sat? on 00:15 - Apr 24 with 1571 viewsDorkingDale

He could be enormous asset in terms of commitment but if he's not 100% behind JC then he will just hamper any progress. That will be the key.
Jonah's last home game Sat? on 00:45 - Apr 24 with 1550 viewsBlueDutch

No!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17725576#asset

upthedale.nl

Jonah's last home game Sat? on 07:35 - Apr 24 with 1510 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Jonah's last home game Sat? on 00:45 - Apr 24 by BlueDutch

No!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17725576#asset

That's old news BD and in the public forum we shouldn't expect Coleman to hang his players out to dry. I don't believe JC will wash our dirty laundry in public.

One thing that strikes me about him is that he is a disciplinarian and clearly does not tolerate the nonsense that has been going on this season. Fall out with the Management...fall out of the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024