Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river 09:31 - Jul 20 with 1584 viewsSuddenLad

http://www.rochdaleafc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10441~2854837,00.html

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 10:35 - Jul 20 with 1536 viewsheywooddale

It's good to see Reece Gray seems to be very involved in things, it seemed like he may have been getting pushed out and feeling like he wasn't going to get his chance from some of the stuff that went on last season and the feeling from his twitter.

Seems like he might get the chance that Hilly was gonna give him last season.
The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 11:28 - Jul 20 with 1449 viewsdingdangblue

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 10:35 - Jul 20 by heywooddale

It's good to see Reece Gray seems to be very involved in things, it seemed like he may have been getting pushed out and feeling like he wasn't going to get his chance from some of the stuff that went on last season and the feeling from his twitter.

Seems like he might get the chance that Hilly was gonna give him last season.

Looking at the 2 goals he's scored in the very limited time he's had on the pitch for Dale I would definitely have him in our thoughts this season - nothing to lose. Hilly rated him, Flicker rated him and now Coleman refers to him as his 'Villa in Spain' - high praise indeed! I really rate David Villa ;-)

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 12:04 - Jul 20 with 1413 viewsheywooddale

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 11:28 - Jul 20 by dingdangblue

Looking at the 2 goals he's scored in the very limited time he's had on the pitch for Dale I would definitely have him in our thoughts this season - nothing to lose. Hilly rated him, Flicker rated him and now Coleman refers to him as his 'Villa in Spain' - high praise indeed! I really rate David Villa ;-)

will be good to see another youth product get a good go. He's always looked promising when he's come on. Plus it won't be costing us much to pay him.
The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 12:49 - Jul 20 with 1356 viewsChaffRAFC

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 12:04 - Jul 20 by heywooddale

will be good to see another youth product get a good go. He's always looked promising when he's come on. Plus it won't be costing us much to pay him.

Jason Kennedy has also said that Reece runs rings round them in training sometimes with all his trickery. Rates him very highly.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 13:00 - Jul 20 with 1338 viewselectricblue

Another interesting read....
Preseason was so anticlimax until these diaries started a few years back..
Well done CG....ever thought of writing a book about a season at dale behind the scenes....
Could be interesting..
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 13:43 - Jul 20 with 1274 viewsukidale07

Another craking read again, happy to see Recce getting a more lookout always liked him.
The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 14:13 - Jul 20 with 1237 viewsD_Dale

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 13:00 - Jul 20 by electricblue

Another interesting read....
Preseason was so anticlimax until these diaries started a few years back..
Well done CG....ever thought of writing a book about a season at dale behind the scenes....
Could be interesting..

Remember Derek Allsop's "Kicking in the Wind: The Real Life Drama of a Small-Town Football Club" (1996)?

The problem would be it'd have to be honest enough to provide full disclosure, and I don't think CG's colleagues would be very happy about others reading a candid account of appointing and dismissing managers, negotiating transfer deals, the running of the commercial department, liaising with police and stewards, relationships with other clubs, the dressing room's bad boys, etc etc.

It'd be a book I'd like to read. Any chief exec of a football club must have some tales to tell, but I'd bet that even Mrs G. doesn't hear of half of what goes on!
The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 14:42 - Jul 20 with 1213 views442Dale

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 12:49 - Jul 20 by ChaffRAFC

Jason Kennedy has also said that Reece runs rings round them in training sometimes with all his trickery. Rates him very highly.

Looking at the squad list, looks like Gray has got the no.10 shirt as well.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 15:08 - Jul 20 with 1172 viewsolympicdale

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 14:42 - Jul 20 by 442Dale

Looking at the squad list, looks like Gray has got the no.10 shirt as well.

not looking good for grimes then.

p.s where did you see the squad list, cant find it on the OS.

Life is a game of fate.

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 15:17 - Jul 20 with 1167 views442Dale

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 15:08 - Jul 20 by olympicdale

not looking good for grimes then.

p.s where did you see the squad list, cant find it on the OS.

Just the one listed on this site under 'Squad' tab up at the top. Grimes is down as 11.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 15:20 - Jul 20 with 1154 viewsolympicdale

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 15:17 - Jul 20 by 442Dale

Just the one listed on this site under 'Squad' tab up at the top. Grimes is down as 11.

oh aye, silly me, I decided to check the OS first, when will I learn

i notice Jordan doesnt have one, interesting, and have we signed Phil Edwards or not.

Life is a game of fate.

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 15:27 - Jul 20 with 1148 viewsfitzochris

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 15:17 - Jul 20 by 442Dale

Grimes is an enigma for me. He was named by certain folks as being among the 'trouble makers' last season and his on-field attitude, which was visible to us all, was awful at times. This can be tempered, to some degree, by the fact he is a naturally gifted finisher. If we're talking skill alone, he is too good for League Two.

He seems to be doing well out in Austria at the minute but, at the back of his mind, he must be thinking about the fact JC has already tried to swap him for one player at another club. This means JC doesn't want him at Dale, or Grimes has told JC he doesn't want to be at Dale, or both.

You do think that, with our fruitless search ongoing for another striker, Grimes would be perfect for us this season if he got his head right.

History tells us that Grimes never has his head right, but we can but hope.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 15:48 - Jul 20 with 1121 viewsolympicdale

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 15:27 - Jul 20 by fitzochris

Grimes is an enigma for me. He was named by certain folks as being among the 'trouble makers' last season and his on-field attitude, which was visible to us all, was awful at times. This can be tempered, to some degree, by the fact he is a naturally gifted finisher. If we're talking skill alone, he is too good for League Two.

He seems to be doing well out in Austria at the minute but, at the back of his mind, he must be thinking about the fact JC has already tried to swap him for one player at another club. This means JC doesn't want him at Dale, or Grimes has told JC he doesn't want to be at Dale, or both.

You do think that, with our fruitless search ongoing for another striker, Grimes would be perfect for us this season if he got his head right.

I'd love nothing more than to see Grimes stay as he is a potent finisher, one of the best we've had, but his head doesnt seem right, whether that was just the general feeling of the club last year that led to that, and a new start could be what he needs, we will see.

Life is a game of fate.

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 18:38 - Jul 20 with 993 viewsShun

Regarding the 'Villa in Spain' comment, do we assume that's merely a joke or does Coleman really believe Reece has got the potential to be our next star? The snippets we hear about him are encouraging, so I hope he gets a lot more opportunity this season. Then it's up to him if he takes it.

As for Grimes, I desperately want him to stay, as looking at our squad now he's the only one I'd look at and think, "You're definitely too good for this league." The more of those players the better!
The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 19:08 - Jul 20 with 966 viewselectricblue

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 15:27 - Jul 20 by fitzochris

I dont see it that way at all.
I think Dale asked about that striker and crewe asked to speak to grimes.
As i dont think dale offered an exchange, also i dont think that JC wants grimes out..
With regards to grimes attitude i put that down to being in a struggling team qnd he probably latched onto what bad vibes where weing passed around by othet players.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 19:16 - Jul 20 with 947 viewsNerazzurri

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 18:38 - Jul 20 by Shun

Regarding the 'Villa in Spain' comment, do we assume that's merely a joke or does Coleman really believe Reece has got the potential to be our next star? The snippets we hear about him are encouraging, so I hope he gets a lot more opportunity this season. Then it's up to him if he takes it.

As for Grimes, I desperately want him to stay, as looking at our squad now he's the only one I'd look at and think, "You're definitely too good for this league." The more of those players the better!

I spoke to Jimmy Bell at the end of season awards do about Reece Grey and he was very enthusiastic about him. He said that him and Coleman rate him very highly and think he will turn into a 'real player' so I think they definitely see something in him. Keith Hill also said that Reece had Premier League potential so lets hope we get to see some this season!

Forza Nerazzurri

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 21:01 - Jul 20 with 879 viewsfitzochris

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 19:08 - Jul 20 by electricblue

I dont see it that way at all.
I think Dale asked about that striker and crewe asked to speak to grimes.
As i dont think dale offered an exchange, also i dont think that JC wants grimes out..
With regards to grimes attitude i put that down to being in a struggling team qnd he probably latched onto what bad vibes where weing passed around by othet players.

I admire your optimism on both counts but JC could have offered cash for Miller and told Crewe to do one when they said they wanted Grimes. He didn't, though. He was prepared to swap Grimes instead.

As for Grimes' on-field attitude last season, every player was in the same boat but not every player reacted the way he did.

But, as I said, I hope Grimes does have a future with us as I truly think we need his class on the pitch this season - he can leave the attitude in the dressing room, is all.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 09:54 - Jul 21 with 772 viewsSalwaDale

If Grimes starts the season with us then we forget last season and his attitude.

TBBT

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 09:58 - Jul 21 with 765 viewsphomem

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 19:16 - Jul 20 by Nerazzurri

I spoke to Jimmy Bell at the end of season awards do about Reece Grey and he was very enthusiastic about him. He said that him and Coleman rate him very highly and think he will turn into a 'real player' so I think they definitely see something in him. Keith Hill also said that Reece had Premier League potential so lets hope we get to see some this season!

It'd be good for a Player who has come through the youth team to become a regular
The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 14:01 - Jul 21 with 656 viewsD_Dale

The Austrian Diaries - Day 5 - Into the river on 21:01 - Jul 20 by fitzochris

I admire your optimism on both counts but JC could have offered cash for Miller and told Crewe to do one when they said they wanted Grimes. He didn't, though. He was prepared to swap Grimes instead.

As for Grimes' on-field attitude last season, every player was in the same boat but not every player reacted the way he did.

But, as I said, I hope Grimes does have a future with us as I truly think we need his class on the pitch this season - he can leave the attitude in the dressing room, is all.

Up to JC's arrival, Grimes featured in 25 of the 27 league games played, in the 19 for which JC was manager, Grimes played in 11. It seems evident that JC doesn't hold him in high regard.

And in a way, why should he? Later this year Grimes is 26, and arguably his career has shown one good spell - the six months he was on loan at Lincoln when he scored 15 goals in 27 appearances. At Man C. he failed to appear in the first team. He hardly featured in three seasons with Millwall. He disappointed at Dale last season (admittedly, so did others).

Most supporters think he has potential, if he gets his attitude right. But how much longer should Coleman and the fans be patient?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024