Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
coleman 18:50 - Oct 14 with 14248 viewselectricblue

On NWT on about sport etc..
Said he was at dale on saturday...
Thats how a team plays football...i wonder if he learned anything if anything at all..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

coleman on 18:55 - Oct 14 with 7062 views442Dale

Coleman on GMR now: "I made a couple of mistakes at Rochdale and I'll learn from them"

Was he very complimentary about Dale's display on NWT then?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

coleman on 18:56 - Oct 14 with 7054 viewsTTNYear

He's hot footed it over to gmr to tout himself for the bury post
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 18:57]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

coleman on 19:04 - Oct 14 with 7009 viewsColDale

based on his last comments, that wage bill for 2011-12 was £1.4 million, £250,000 more than the one which finished 9th in League One. Of course there was no money John. No money for Craney or Jimmy's son in law
coleman on 19:08 - Oct 14 with 6975 views442Dale

coleman on 19:04 - Oct 14 by ColDale

based on his last comments, that wage bill for 2011-12 was £1.4 million, £250,000 more than the one which finished 9th in League One. Of course there was no money John. No money for Craney or Jimmy's son in law

Notice Eyre's comment about Chris Beech sounding a lot like Hill in interviews these days?

(he'd guessed Hill was a mystery voice, it was Beech...)
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 19:08]

coleman on 19:10 - Oct 14 with 6961 viewsBigDaveMyCock

The Craney signing was ridiculous. Was there ever a more blatant example of a manager doing a mate a favour? He took up a wage and a place on the bench and was never considered a genuine first-team option by the management team in all his time here. Other than helping a mate out, what was the purpose of his signing?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 19:14]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

coleman on 19:16 - Oct 14 with 6915 viewsColDale

coleman on 19:10 - Oct 14 by BigDaveMyCock

The Craney signing was ridiculous. Was there ever a more blatant example of a manager doing a mate a favour? He took up a wage and a place on the bench and was never considered a genuine first-team option by the management team in all his time here. Other than helping a mate out, what was the purpose of his signing?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 19:14]

It's shown by Craney not being able to hold down a place in Conference North just a few months after leaving Spotland. I don't know what's worse - signing Craney knowing what shape he was in or not being aware of that having pretty much worked with him for most of his career.
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:34 - Oct 14 with 6851 viewsSuddenLad

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

coleman on 20:29 - Oct 14 with 6671 viewsTVOS1907

Adebola
Bennett
Cavanagh
Craney
Curran
Donnelly
P Edwards
R Edwards
Gornell
Grant
Lillis
(McConville - never played)
McIntyre
Pearson
Putterill
Rafferty
Smith

Have I missed anyone?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

coleman on 20:49 - Oct 14 with 6594 views442Dale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01hfhfj

Coleman from 48:15. He could have gone back to Accrington?

Eyre on Stewart Day from 4:25
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 20:54]

coleman on 21:23 - Oct 14 with 6455 viewsRalphs12

coleman on 20:29 - Oct 14 by TVOS1907

Adebola
Bennett
Cavanagh
Craney
Curran
Donnelly
P Edwards
R Edwards
Gornell
Grant
Lillis
(McConville - never played)
McIntyre
Pearson
Putterill
Rafferty
Smith

Have I missed anyone?

Symes, or did we only have the pleasure of him the 'first' season
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 21:25]
coleman on 21:30 - Oct 14 with 6416 viewsTVOS1907

coleman on 21:23 - Oct 14 by Ralphs12

Symes, or did we only have the pleasure of him the 'first' season
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 21:25]

Aye, that's the list of players he brought in last season.

P Edwards was on loan in the relegation season, before signing permanently.

coleman on 21:37 - Oct 14 with 6381 viewsRalphs12

coleman on 21:30 - Oct 14 by TVOS1907

Aye, that's the list of players he brought in last season.

P Edwards was on loan in the relegation season, before signing permanently.

when you compare that list to the lot we have brought in now, its staggering. Especially when at the time I'm sure Adebola will have been touted as the experienced head - we now have Hendo.

Not to mention losing players such as Widdowson, who was very much the Hill wing back in the making, could have made us a penny or two in time.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 21:39]
coleman on 22:14 - Oct 14 with 6264 viewsBigDaveMyCock

coleman on 20:49 - Oct 14 by 442Dale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01hfhfj

Coleman from 48:15. He could have gone back to Accrington?

Eyre on Stewart Day from 4:25
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 20:54]

Just listening to it now. That Steve Eyre certainly has got some front. He talks like he's Mark Robins Assistant at Huddersfield - he ISN'T. Just like he wasn't Man City's Academy Manager. Jimmy Wagg talks to him, and he talks himself, like he is a seasoned football league manager - he fookin ISN'T.

To give Coleman credit he's genuinely been a manager for 15 years or so. Eyre hasn't and I wish somebody on GMR would have the balls to mention it.

He 's gushing over Stewart Day and Bury and he even ensures that he gets a mention for the Bury job and they all sit there in the studio talking about how fookin marvellous he is. Wagg says to him "like Keith Hill, you had a plan at Rochdale". What fookin plan was that Steve? The sign every player available plan.

Thank god you came back Keith, thank you, thank you, thank you. And when you do go next time we need to stay fookin well clear of anyone to do with GMR.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 22:17]

coleman on 22:21 - Oct 14 with 6219 views442Dale

Flipping heck, matey.

coleman on 22:25 - Oct 14 with 6197 viewsBigDaveMyCock

coleman on 22:21 - Oct 14 by 442Dale

Flipping heck, matey.

It must be great being Steve Eyre. How many other youth team coaches do you know who get so much air-time on radio talking about grown-up football? He gets treated like, and all the media extra-perks of being, a football league manager without actually being a football league manager.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 22:26]

coleman on 22:34 - Oct 14 with 6135 viewsSuddenLad

It was interesting to hear Jamie Hoyland on Radio Manchester say that he had spoken to people and players that he knew at Giggle Lane and many of them were deeply unhappy with things 'behind the scenes' and had been for a long time.

No doubt he will be throwing his hat in the ring.

It's like a school for back-stabbers down Giggle Way. (Maybe just a development squad).

coleman on 23:00 - Oct 14 with 6047 viewsTVOS1907

coleman on 22:14 - Oct 14 by BigDaveMyCock

Just listening to it now. That Steve Eyre certainly has got some front. He talks like he's Mark Robins Assistant at Huddersfield - he ISN'T. Just like he wasn't Man City's Academy Manager. Jimmy Wagg talks to him, and he talks himself, like he is a seasoned football league manager - he fookin ISN'T.

To give Coleman credit he's genuinely been a manager for 15 years or so. Eyre hasn't and I wish somebody on GMR would have the balls to mention it.

He 's gushing over Stewart Day and Bury and he even ensures that he gets a mention for the Bury job and they all sit there in the studio talking about how fookin marvellous he is. Wagg says to him "like Keith Hill, you had a plan at Rochdale". What fookin plan was that Steve? The sign every player available plan.

Thank god you came back Keith, thank you, thank you, thank you. And when you do go next time we need to stay fookin well clear of anyone to do with GMR.

"You've been there and done it in football management, Steve"

Erm, for 6 months, matey.

coleman on 23:03 - Oct 14 with 6031 viewsTVOS1907

coleman on 22:25 - Oct 14 by BigDaveMyCock

It must be great being Steve Eyre. How many other youth team coaches do you know who get so much air-time on radio talking about grown-up football? He gets treated like, and all the media extra-perks of being, a football league manager without actually being a football league manager.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 22:26]

This.

I opined to 442 and Razzle earlier that I've never known one man get so much airtime having done so little to deserve it.

Except Chris Moyles.

And Terry Wogan.

And DLT.

coleman on 23:09 - Oct 14 with 6002 viewsDaley_Lama

Craney was signed for his questionable golf handicap but undoubted golf ability.

Poll: DF in or out

coleman on 23:13 - Oct 14 with 5991 viewsSuddenLad

and George Galloway

coleman on 23:16 - Oct 14 with 5979 viewssandylaner1

coleman on 00:49 - Oct 15 with 5880 viewspioneer

coleman on 22:14 - Oct 14 by BigDaveMyCock

When he goes?

I'd like to think he would remember how close we/he was to the challenging for the promised land of the championship, and how moving on and giving that up ended in tears (for all parties).

Back here he has knocked things into shape in no time - there is no reason why he couldn't be Dale's Dario Gradi. Stay here and achieve - using his proven talents at reclaiming players others have written off and bringing on youngsters.

Looking at the long list of ex managers in the Sky Sports yearbook, wouldn't it be nice to think we could keep someone for a decent period? But I suppose to do that the board would need to sort out the rest of the club (marketing etc).
coleman on 07:59 - Oct 15 with 5732 viewselectricblue

coleman on 18:55 - Oct 14 by 442Dale

Coleman on GMR now: "I made a couple of mistakes at Rochdale and I'll learn from them"

Was he very complimentary about Dale's display on NWT then?

Coleman was more complimentry about morecambe than dale.
But he did say that he was at spotland on saturday and keith hills men will be in the promotion mix based on the newport display..
And that was it..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

coleman on 08:14 - Oct 15 with 5705 viewsAtThePeake

coleman on 00:49 - Oct 15 by pioneer

When he goes?

I'd like to think he would remember how close we/he was to the challenging for the promised land of the championship, and how moving on and giving that up ended in tears (for all parties).

Back here he has knocked things into shape in no time - there is no reason why he couldn't be Dale's Dario Gradi. Stay here and achieve - using his proven talents at reclaiming players others have written off and bringing on youngsters.

Looking at the long list of ex managers in the Sky Sports yearbook, wouldn't it be nice to think we could keep someone for a decent period? But I suppose to do that the board would need to sort out the rest of the club (marketing etc).

I wouldn't be fooled into thinking Keith would be wanting that.

If he does a job similar to his first spell, he deserves another crack of the whip with a bigger club in my eyes.

As for that GMR interview, Eyre really winds me up. He doesn't actually say anything remotely analytic about football, and they all fawn over him. I very much doubt he'll ever get another manager's job. He got lucky with us and unsurprisingly messed up his chance.

Tangled up in blue.

coleman on 08:35 - Oct 15 with 5662 viewsBigDaveMyCock

It's been a while since I've listened to GMR and it made me realise why. I settled down to listen to some diluted Bury fans speculate as to Mourinhio's happiness at Chelsea on the link kindly provided by 442. Instead, I get Steve Eyre talking like a football manager for thirty years man and boy (me and Mark Robins on the touchline at Elland Road)..........please spare me.
If GMR want an 'expert' then pick a lower league manager who has done more than six months for one club - Ritchie, Wilson or even Coleman (for more than 15 seconds at the end of the show). Don't pick Eyre because he's not a football league manager of any substance at all. He's a youth coach and should be asked for his opinion on that.
He was allowed to shamelessly plug himself for the job - Stewart Day is this and that and Bury are marvellous - whilst, at the same time, Jimmy Wagg did a sensational job of bigging up his experience and CV. Any unknowing listener will be thinking blimey that Steve Eyre's worth a punt. The whole show should have been a debate about Bury, but no, it was the GMR rebuilding of Steve Eyre for his next manager's job and hopefully Stewart Day is daft enough to fall for it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024