Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Subbing the captain after 20 mins 09:42 - Dec 8 with 1370 viewsColDale

Been struggling to think of a braver decision than Hill's yesterday to withdraw Lancashire so soon into the game. 100% the right decision to make, but I can't think of any other managerial decision whether it be at our club or elsewhere which is on a similar level to this. It's just one of those unwritten football rules that you cannot break.

And what a great way to handle it. Was concerned at one point as Lancashire spent the entire half time on his own in the dug out in what was probably the longest fifteen minutes of his life. First man back in the dugout? Hilly. Quick word when there was no one else around.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Subbing the captain after 20 mins on 09:46 - Dec 8 with 1338 viewsR17ALE

Wasn't there a game in the early 90's when Sutton sent on a sub in the first half and subbed the sub about ten minutes later?

I know he only did it for his own ego rather than for tactical reasons, but I'm sure sommot like that occurred.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Subbing the captain after 20 mins on 09:51 - Dec 8 with 1317 views442Dale

Subbing the captain after 20 mins on 09:46 - Dec 8 by R17ALE

Wasn't there a game in the early 90's when Sutton sent on a sub in the first half and subbed the sub about ten minutes later?

I know he only did it for his own ego rather than for tactical reasons, but I'm sure sommot like that occurred.

Doncaster at home 91-92

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Subbing the captain after 20 mins on 10:28 - Dec 8 with 1238 viewsregjenkins

I have just watched the mess up for the Rotherham Goal on TV.....oh dear oh dear..

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Subbing the captain after 20 mins on 12:59 - Dec 8 with 1066 viewsboromat

I remember one of Hills early games. We'd just signed Perkins who we were told was a centre midfielder who could play left back he was on the bench. Early in the first half I think it was Ramsden was struggling to keep pace with the winger so he was taken off and Perkins put at right back. We never saw the winger again. Anyone else remember the game?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Subbing the captain after 20 mins on 13:22 - Dec 8 with 1020 viewsD_Dale

Subbing the captain after 20 mins on 12:59 - Dec 8 by boromat

I remember one of Hills early games. We'd just signed Perkins who we were told was a centre midfielder who could play left back he was on the bench. Early in the first half I think it was Ramsden was struggling to keep pace with the winger so he was taken off and Perkins put at right back. We never saw the winger again. Anyone else remember the game?

This must have been 27 January 2007, when Dale demolished MKD, 5-0. But according to Soccerbase, it was after 36 minutes that Perkins came on for Ramsden (who had scored in the 10th minute, after Le Fondre's 5th minute goal and before Prendergast's in the 16th minute). I don't know if the substitution was tactical or due to injury, though, as the tiny figure of Perkins took the pitch, I remember saying something to the effect 'I hope this change doesn't let Wimbledon back into the game' - but of course it didn't and by the end Perkins was a new favourite. (The following week, Ramsden played and Perkins came on as a sub. It'll be interesting to see whether Lancashire starts against Fleetwood.)
Subbing the captain after 20 mins on 14:40 - Dec 8 with 893 viewsSaxonDale

Brave decision but its one which Hill has earnt the right to make. In contrast Moyes said he wanted to take RVP off after 60 minutes yesterday but knew the fans would have reacted negatively. It just highlights the importance of the fans having 100% support and belief in their manager.
Subbing the captain after 20 mins on 15:06 - Dec 8 with 835 viewsrochedale

Subbing the captain after 20 mins on 09:51 - Dec 8 by 442Dale

Doncaster at home 91-92

Didn't it happen to Jason Anders too?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Subbing the captain after 20 mins on 15:16 - Dec 8 with 811 views442Dale

Subbing the captain after 20 mins on 15:06 - Dec 8 by rochedale

Didn't it happen to Jason Anders too?

Not sure, but remember Tony Beever being subbed off early at Bury in the Autoglass after the players who got stuck on the M62 arrived. Thackeray came in and scored two. Because he was great.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Subbing the captain after 20 mins on 15:18 - Dec 8 with 805 viewsTVOS1907

Subbing the captain after 20 mins on 15:16 - Dec 8 by 442Dale

Not sure, but remember Tony Beever being subbed off early at Bury in the Autoglass after the players who got stuck on the M62 arrived. Thackeray came in and scored two. Because he was great.

In an ironic twist, Neil Edwards was late for the FA Cup tie at home to Rotherham in December 1998, so we started with Lance Key in goal.

When Taff arrived, he came on for Key.

That game was, of course, one of the "two great cup runs" of 1998/99.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024