Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corners 09:44 - Feb 19 with 1020 viewsdingdangblue

Conceded from one again last night which is worrying and annoying . The number of times we pass teams off the pitch and all they have to do to score or look dangerous is take a corner. We had 7 corners last night and I think 6 of them were woefully underhit to the nearpost - the one decent delivery near the end Eastham should have scored from. If we keep persisting on underhitting the corners I can't understand why none of our players stand in that position .

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Corners on 10:04 - Feb 19 with 987 viewsisitme

I would suspect that over half the goals we have conceded this season have been from set pieces, either from the initial delivery or failure to clear the ball sufficiently.

It is a problem.
Corners on 10:41 - Feb 19 with 937 viewsTalkingSutty

Corners on 10:04 - Feb 19 by isitme

I would suspect that over half the goals we have conceded this season have been from set pieces, either from the initial delivery or failure to clear the ball sufficiently.

It is a problem.

Agree, like another poster said, why not put a player on the front post to anticipate the very poor delivery because percentage wise that's whats been happening all season when it comes to our own corners.

We also give away needless and petulant free kicks in dangerous situations (both Done and Rafferty were guilty last night) and try to play football in wrong areas of the pitch, sometimes it calls for a long clearance.
Corners on 11:07 - Feb 19 with 900 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Corners on 10:04 - Feb 19 by isitme

It is a problem.

All the goals in the Cup against Sheff Wed were from corners....including ours.

Agree,giving away "soft" corners/free kicks needs looking at.
Corners on 11:30 - Feb 19 with 865 viewsdingdangblue

Corners on 11:07 - Feb 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

All the goals in the Cup against Sheff Wed were from corners....including ours.

Agree,giving away "soft" corners/free kicks needs looking at.

We never seemed to have this problem when Dawson was scoring all his goals. Corners generally in that period were well taken - with us seemingly having non scoring defenders now , is it something we don't really work on in training? Im sure BBM could help them with this. There's no excuse for underhitting a corner - Id even prefer if they'd just float it in high for Vincente to challenge at the back post.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024