Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum
Reply
Reading any good books right now?
at 22:48 28 Sep 2026

There was a question on House Of Games this evening about the number of independent bookshops in this country
Wasn't surprised that it's less than 1000, even Charing Cross Road doesn't have as many as I remember
Guildford was always the place to go locally when I was growing up, no record shop there anymore and I don't think there's anything other than Waterstones
Probably the Amazon effect and people just not buying physical books and lp's as much
Forum
Reply
Reading any good books right now?
at 22:39 28 Sep 2026

I'd love to read Russell Martin's autobiography Scar Tissue when it comes out
I'd imagine it will be like Bouncing Back by Alan Partridge, loads of anecdotes ending with the phrase "Needless to say, I had the last laugh"

Compared to some of the subjects on this thread the fanzine book, Manchester Chronicles by Clint Boon and a couple of Robert Elms' books will be what I take on holiday in a couple of days, seem pretty low brow
Forum
Reply
0898 12 11 78
at 14:13 26 Sep 2026

Yep
I got a severe bollocking when my boss at the time saw the phone bill after we’d beaten Norwich 5-4
Weren’t allowed to have a radio on and I was told we’d won it in the last minute

The fact that I can still remember the number 30 odd years later is quite telling
[Post edited 26 Sep 14:14]
Forum
Reply
0898 12 11 78
at 11:29 26 Sep 2026

Correct
Saints club call

An absolute rip off and in the days before 5live the only way I could find out the final score
I remember going to the phone box round the corner from where I lived, my mum wisely only had a phone that received incoming calls, and spending a small fortune and finding out the final score of an away game at Villa in about 1989, the season that we went over 20 games without a win

On a different note that phone box was opposite Andrew Wessex’s Pizza Express of choice which is a couple of minutes walk from my mums house
Forum
Thread
0898 12 11 78
at 10:22 26 Sep 2026

Anyone else remember what that was the number for?

You’d have been around in the 1980’s to know what I’m on about

Spent way too much time, and money, not always mine, phoning this number
Forum
Reply
Michael Kiwanuka
at 22:45 25 Sep 2026

I've been thinking about buying a decent overcoat for a while and that one is very nice. Not phased by the cost at it will last for years. If I get a big refurb job that I'm quoting for, then I could be tempted by that or something similar

Bought a couple of Norse Projects merino polo's recently, expensive but really nice
Forum
Reply
Michael Kiwanuka
at 20:39 25 Sep 2026

Just had a look at the John Simons website, some very nice pieces on there

Really good price for the Baracuta G12, paid way more for mine when I bought it a couple of years ago

That herringbone tweed overcoat is very nice

Didn't realise Alan Paine was still going, their factory used to be in Godalming and a friend of mines mum and dad both worked there, and met there in the 1960's, she was a machinist and he was a time and motion manager
Forum
Reply
City found guilty.
at 18:51 25 Sep 2026

What's James Corden's take on all of this
I won't rest until I know what that fat f*ck has got to sat about it all
Forum
Reply
Rob Edwards
at 12:27 25 Sep 2026

I doubt they can or in this instance should

Wouldn’t be a good look, it’s the FA’s decision and we need to adhere to that imo
Forum
Reply
Michael Kiwanuka
at 12:14 25 Sep 2026

Haven’t bought a pair of gazelles since I was a teenager, Stan Smith’s used to be the trainer of my choice but not now. Cote are a favourite, a tan suede version of SS’s and I’ll dig out some Forest Hill’s every now and again. Still have a pair of Nastase tournament edition from 2008, was genuinely shocked when I saw how much some that are in no better condition than mine were being listed for.
Otherwise a pair of ZX600’s or RedWing boots as it gets colder
Forum
Reply
The Longest Day
at 09:46 25 Sep 2026

Whatever happens we’ll deal with it and move on

I thought it was the end of the world when we sold Steve Williams to Arsenal, I was 10 at the time, but we signed Jimmy Case and I’d forgotten all about it within a few weeks
Forum
Reply
Rob Edwards
at 09:43 25 Sep 2026

If the FA give him a lengthy ban for breaking rules and possibly bullying Will Salt, thats what i’m most concerned about, then i would imagine SFC have the right to terminate his employment
I think if he gets a lengthy ban he’ll resign and go back to Germany anyway

He and the club have broken the rules and accepted that, the feeding frenzy from the media, and from what I've read the BBC have been the worst culprit of this does not sit well with me
Forum
Reply
Rob Edwards
at 08:21 25 Sep 2026

Does Jeremy Wilson still work for The Telegraph?
Think he’s a Saints fan and was Uncle Les’s go to journalist for puff pieces during his tenure

If the media are speculating things like this then a lengthy ban must be incoming imo
Forum
Reply
Michael Kiwanuka
at 07:39 25 Sep 2026

I’m covered in shit on a working day

Important to me to dress well for the working man’s ballet

Woking Dressers was graffitied all over town in the 80’s when I was growing up
Forum
Reply
FA's Happening
at 06:16 25 Sep 2026

Ahem, it's tenterhooks, up until I met mrs s I thought it was tenderhooks which she frequently reminds me of

Anyway I would expect there to be a decision made today
[Post edited 25 Sep 6:54]
Forum
Reply
Michael Kiwanuka
at 20:02 24 Sep 2026

Ha
Given up on banning myself from buying anything, I've made statements like that to Mrs S before, she just laughs as she knows that won''t happen
There's about 5 lps out in October that I want and I bought 2 before going to work this morning, they'll probably be another Adidas SPZL release before Christmas as well. I might struggle to pay the mortgage but at least I'll have some nice trainers on whilst listening to records
Forum
Reply
Dont want to see gimps with pints throwing it around near me
at 19:52 24 Sep 2026

Reminds me of the away game at Brentford in 2011 when I was on the terrace behind the goal. Some balloon head shook up a tin of lager and sprayed everyone around him, me included, when word went round that Huddersfield had conceded in the last minute meaning we'd been promoted. They hadn't and we weren't, f*cking bellend
Forum
Reply
Dont want to see gimps with pints throwing it around near me
at 16:38 24 Sep 2026

I did quite enjoy his fanboy interview with Aziz Ibrahim

He was aware of Aziz’s excellent Lahore To Longsight lp, which was released to little fanfare in about 2004 so he’s alright with me
Forum
Reply
Dont want to see gimps with pints throwing it around near me
at 16:35 24 Sep 2026

A cynical ploy to out manoeuvre Polanski in the upcoming bi-election

He’s probably pledging to allow fruit smoothies instead
Forum
Reply
The Calm Before The Storm
at 12:46 24 Sep 2026

Just watched Neil Harris going off on one, after saying “we don’t do that over here” I was half expecting him to refer to TE as Johnny Foreigner

The moralising over all this is pretty nauseating

It will be interesting to see how all the puritans react when rules are broken in future by someone else
Please log in to use all the site's facilities

shotters


Site Scores

Prediction League: 0
TOTAL: 0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026