Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donnelly 22:20 - Feb 18 with 5915 viewsG_Dale

Was it over the line?

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Donnelly on 22:22 - Feb 18 with 4163 views442Dale

Is he really claiming it?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Donnelly on 22:25 - Feb 18 with 4132 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Looked it. None of the Burton players complained from what I could see. Lainton seemed gutted as you would.

Give it to George. Why not. I'm sure none of the Burton players want it.
Donnelly on 22:33 - Feb 18 with 4051 viewsYouTubeDale

He seems to score freak goals lately. Shortly afterwards he smashed the ball from not far out but it was blocked.

The linesman didn't hesitate giving it.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Donnelly on 22:39 - Feb 18 with 4003 viewsSwissdale

Thought he was poor when he came on tonight.
Donnelly on 22:43 - Feb 18 with 3967 views442Dale

Donnelly on 22:39 - Feb 18 by Swissdale

He had a good run down the wing that looked to worry Burton, but after that his decision making nullified his pace and energy.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Donnelly on 22:52 - Feb 18 with 3900 viewsdingdangblue

He's no Chris O'Grady - I'll give you that!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Donnelly on 22:54 - Feb 18 with 3872 viewsRotherhamDale

He's alright as long as you don't play the ball to his feet.

Possession with progression.

Donnelly on 23:00 - Feb 18 with 3826 viewsSwissdale

There was a passage of play that completely summed him up as a footballer. Someone passed the ball into his feet in the box, he tripped over himself and lost posession (bloody useless George). He then worked hard to get the ball back, absolutely clattering their player in the process (now then, let's see what he can do from here). After winning the ball back and under no pressure, he fizzes the ball into Rhys Gray's chest, at about 60mph, who's being marked by two men.

To sum him up, no matter how hard he works, he's just not a footballer.
Login to get fewer ads

Donnelly on 23:03 - Feb 18 with 3802 viewsDaleFan7

Donnelly on 23:00 - Feb 18 by Swissdale

There was a passage of play that completely summed him up as a footballer. Someone passed the ball into his feet in the box, he tripped over himself and lost posession (bloody useless George). He then worked hard to get the ball back, absolutely clattering their player in the process (now then, let's see what he can do from here). After winning the ball back and under no pressure, he fizzes the ball into Rhys Gray's chest, at about 60mph, who's being marked by two men.

Agree. Work rate, exceptional. Footballing ability, dire.

As for the goal, it certainly wasn't his.
Donnelly on 23:04 - Feb 18 with 3778 viewsDaleaholic

Agree with Swissdale! Donnelly seemed poor. One moment which stood out for me... He got the ball on the edge of the area, he had acres of space to run in to towards the corner or box but instead he chose to turn inside, to their defence, losing the ball.

Fair play for the shot for the goal but thought Reece Gray offered a lot more in the short time he was on the pitch.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Donnelly on 23:07 - Feb 18 with 3762 viewsirisaln

Donnelly on 23:00 - Feb 18 by Swissdale

Georgr is George is George.
I know of no supporter who wants to see him play again.
He is neither a goalscorer or a footballer.
It's sad because he tries so hard.
Donnelly on 23:07 - Feb 18 with 3762 viewsSuddenLad

Donnelly on 23:03 - Feb 18 by DaleFan7

Agree. Work rate, exceptional. Footballing ability, dire.

As for the goal, it certainly wasn't his.

The fact is, had GD not been in the position that he was, Lainton would not have made the error and we would have lost the game.

He might not be an accomplished footballer, but as others have said on previous occasions, he causes confusion amongst defenders. Tonight, his presence brought us a goal. He got himself in the right place to create the confusion and the goal was scored as a result.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Donnelly on 23:12 - Feb 18 with 3729 viewsDaleFan7

Donnelly on 23:07 - Feb 18 by SuddenLad

The fact is, had GD not been in the position that he was, Lainton would not have made the error and we would have lost the game.

He might not be an accomplished footballer, but as others have said on previous occasions, he causes confusion amongst defenders. Tonight, his presence brought us a goal. He got himself in the right place to create the confusion and the goal was scored as a result.

On the other hand, he was in plenty of good positions and either lost the ball through poor control, getting it trapped in his feet or bad decision making. If we do go up, he certainly isn't good enough for League One. But as with all Dale players, hopes he proves me wrong and does well.
Donnelly on 23:21 - Feb 18 with 3658 viewsRotherhamDale

I'd get rid in the summer. People will say he's a scapegoat... He's not, he's just not very good.

Possession with progression.

Donnelly on 23:56 - Feb 18 with 3548 viewsdingdangblue

The way he played the ball off the defender to create just enough backspin on the ball to bamboozle the keeper was just genius. You can't teach that.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Donnelly on 07:05 - Feb 19 with 3350 viewsG_Dale

Didn't really want another debate about the bloke, just wanted to know what people with a better view thought of it going over the line. So.....

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Donnelly on 07:23 - Feb 19 with 3321 viewsbazingadale

Donnelly on 07:05 - Feb 19 by G_Dale

Didn't really want another debate about the bloke, just wanted to know what people with a better view thought of it going over the line. So.....

Should really think about that when naming the thread 'Donnelly' to be honest
Donnelly on 07:44 - Feb 19 with 3294 viewsaleanddale

Over the line? hard to tell from where i sit but it reads 1-1 this morning in the paper.

Ref Donnelly I think some posts on here are very harsh indeed. Say what you like but the fact is we needed to change things around last night at 0-1 and mix it up a bit. Cue George coming on and he did offer something different was a little more direct and contributed massively to us earning a point.

I will give you he is less gifted a footballer than some / most of the team but his endeavour and pace unsettles defenders and gives us an option. I honestly think he did great last night when he came on.
Donnelly on 07:46 - Feb 19 with 3293 viewssandylaner1

Donnelly on 22:43 - Feb 18 by 442Dale

He had a good run down the wing that looked to worry Burton, but after that his decision making nullified his pace and energy.

This

He started off lively but got worse as the game went on, mainly due to poor decision making

What he was doing cutting inside again to a group of crowded burton players I'll never know. Tbf I think our decision making would be impaired if we were blessed with Georgie's first touch

Did he get booked for that foul at the end ? Lillis saved him from getting an assist
Donnelly on 08:03 - Feb 19 with 3259 viewsColDale

Donnelly on 07:44 - Feb 19 by aleanddale

Over the line? hard to tell from where i sit but it reads 1-1 this morning in the paper.

Ref Donnelly I think some posts on here are very harsh indeed. Say what you like but the fact is we needed to change things around last night at 0-1 and mix it up a bit. Cue George coming on and he did offer something different was a little more direct and contributed massively to us earning a point.

I will give you he is less gifted a footballer than some / most of the team but his endeavour and pace unsettles defenders and gives us an option. I honestly think he did great last night when he came on.

I think Donnelly needs to be judged on what he is - a squad player. Some of the reaction towards him would suggest that we'd pinned our whole promotion campaign on him. We know what we get with him, and he's never going to be the 20 goal a season player. But we were a better team last night for his inclusion.
Donnelly on 08:08 - Feb 19 with 3229 viewsaleanddale

Donnelly on 08:03 - Feb 19 by ColDale

I think Donnelly needs to be judged on what he is - a squad player. Some of the reaction towards him would suggest that we'd pinned our whole promotion campaign on him. We know what we get with him, and he's never going to be the 20 goal a season player. But we were a better team last night for his inclusion.

But we were a better team last night for his inclusion.

100% agreed Col.
Donnelly on 08:44 - Feb 19 with 3158 viewsSuddenLad

Donnelly on 07:46 - Feb 19 by sandylaner1

This

He started off lively but got worse as the game went on, mainly due to poor decision making

What he was doing cutting inside again to a group of crowded burton players I'll never know. Tbf I think our decision making would be impaired if we were blessed with Georgie's first touch

Did he get booked for that foul at the end ? Lillis saved him from getting an assist

Yes, he was booked for the foul at the very end of the game.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Donnelly on 09:05 - Feb 19 with 3116 viewsParkinsGimp

I'm afraid Donelly is not up to the mark, in fact I dont think he ever was!
If we want to get out of this division we need to step up abit. Last night was a poor display but every team has them and Burton were a dirty lump of a side so not many players would get much out of them in that frame of mind.
Donnelly on 09:19 - Feb 19 with 3084 viewsdingdangblue

Donnelly on 09:05 - Feb 19 by ParkinsGimp

I'm afraid Donelly is not up to the mark, in fact I dont think he ever was!
If we want to get out of this division we need to step up abit. Last night was a poor display but every team has them and Burton were a dirty lump of a side so not many players would get much out of them in that frame of mind.

Last night was always going to be a tough game. Don't forget Burton have only lost 2 away all season and won at Chesterfield and Fleetwood. Happy with our 1st ever point against them at the 6th attempt.

Donnelly on 09:27 - Feb 19 with 3073 viewsParkinsGimp

Thats true , they are a bit of a bogey team...hope we can do the Devon hoodoo again this weekend.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024