Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Tuesday 08:34 - Mar 8 with 6102 views442Dale

Long trip after a energy sapping battle with ten men.

Lillis
Rafferty, Lancashire, O'Connell, Done
Cavanagh
Allen, Kennedy
Vincenti, Donnelly, Porter

The Cummins situation needs to be established sharpish, if he's not fit we can look at getting a striker in on loan.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Team for Tuesday on 09:19 - Mar 8 with 5276 viewsTalkingSutty

That's the team I would go with and was discussing last night the possible need to bring in another proven goalscorer, i know thats easier said than done.
Team for Tuesday on 09:23 - Mar 8 with 5254 viewsThe_DJ

Team for Tuesday on 09:19 - Mar 8 by TalkingSutty

That's the team I would go with and was discussing last night the possible need to bring in another proven goalscorer, i know thats easier said than done.

Lund if fit would surely comes back in ?
Team for Tuesday on 10:43 - Mar 8 with 5156 viewsTalkingSutty

Team for Tuesday on 09:23 - Mar 8 by The_DJ

Lund if fit would surely comes back in ?

Lund wasn't even on the bench last night so he cant be fit. That's why I didn't consider him in my starting eleven for Tuesday. Would love to be proved wrong though.
Team for Tuesday on 12:42 - Mar 8 with 4997 viewsYouTubeDale

Keith on Dale Player after the match :

There's players ready, 100% ready.
George Porter 's ready.
George Donnelly is ready.
Graeme Cummins is ready.
Bastien is ready.
Callum Camps is ready.
Joe Bunney is ready.
Ashley Eastham is ready.
Rhys Bennett is ready.

They are ALL ready..... AND I WILL PLAY THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Team for Tuesday on 12:53 - Mar 8 with 4970 viewsdilligas

Hill said no loans
Team for Tuesday on 13:03 - Mar 8 with 4940 viewsboromat

I'd play the same as op but with Bunney instead of Porter.

TBH there are infinite amount of line ups with the squad we have. With hendo and hogan out it opens up the opportunity to freshen things up and give a few opportunities.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Team for Tuesday on 15:18 - Mar 8 with 4829 viewsD_Alien

Team for Tuesday on 12:42 - Mar 8 by YouTubeDale

Keith on Dale Player after the match :

There's players ready, 100% ready.
George Porter 's ready.
George Donnelly is ready.
Graeme Cummins is ready.
Bastien is ready.
Callum Camps is ready.
Joe Bunney is ready.
Ashley Eastham is ready.
Rhys Bennett is ready.

They are ALL ready..... AND I WILL PLAY THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post and great sounds YTD!

But Dave Coverdale still looks like a pantomime dame with full make-up *

* My second reference to pantomime dames in the space of 24 hours. I've been doubled over since seeing that famous old bury dame Ashley Grimes

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Team for Tuesday on 20:47 - Mar 8 with 4613 viewssandylaner1

lillis

rafferty, lancy, o'connell, done

cav, JK

Allen

Vincenti/Bunney, Gorgeous, Porter
Login to get fewer ads

Team for Tuesday on 21:21 - Mar 8 with 4574 viewsYouTubeDale

Team for Tuesday on 20:47 - Mar 8 by sandylaner1

lillis

rafferty, lancy, o'connell, done

cav, JK

Allen

Vincenti/Bunney, Gorgeous, Porter

Wot !!!!

No Rose ??????

Team for Tuesday on 21:57 - Mar 8 with 4549 viewssandylaner1

Team for Tuesday on 21:21 - Mar 8 by YouTubeDale

Wot !!!!

No Rose ??????

ha just thought he might need a rest

if not rose in alongside cav in a deeper role where can can spray the ball about and then JK or allen the more advanced of the 3
Team for Tuesday on 08:16 - Mar 9 with 4412 viewsMIlnrowdale

Team for Tuesday on 21:57 - Mar 8 by sandylaner1

ha just thought he might need a rest

if not rose in alongside cav in a deeper role where can can spray the ball about and then JK or allen the more advanced of the 3

Lillis
Rafferty O'Connell Lancashire Done
Lund Cavanagh Hery
Cummins Donnelly Bunney
Team for Tuesday on 09:41 - Mar 9 with 4347 viewsYouTubeDale

Torquay's game yesterday:

With no wide players, Torquay’s strategy was to find Showunmi at every opportunity and ask his striking partners to stay close enough to collect his knock-downs.

At 6'5" the on-loan Nigerian international has n't done much at No££s County this season but we will still have to be on our guard.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/LIVE-BLOG-Torquay-United-v-Fleetwood-Town/

Team for Tuesday on 17:21 - Mar 9 with 4181 viewsD_Dale

Brief report on Sky:

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/torquay-united/92047

Doesn't offer many hints for Tuesday's match, although the pitch looks moderately good - better than Gigg Lane, anyway - which might allow Dale to play a 'get the ball down and keep possession' game.

The commentator emphasises The Gulls failure to fly in recent matches, and relegation does now look odds-on. In some respects, I'd be sorry to see Torquay back in the conference, though of course want all the points to go to Dale.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2014 17:22]
Team for Tuesday on 14:00 - Mar 10 with 3884 viewsD_Dale

Team for Tuesday on 17:21 - Mar 9 by D_Dale

Brief report on Sky:

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/torquay-united/92047

Doesn't offer many hints for Tuesday's match, although the pitch looks moderately good - better than Gigg Lane, anyway - which might allow Dale to play a 'get the ball down and keep possession' game.

The commentator emphasises The Gulls failure to fly in recent matches, and relegation does now look odds-on. In some respects, I'd be sorry to see Torquay back in the conference, though of course want all the points to go to Dale.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2014 17:22]

Torquay have announced that the away end will be closed tomorrow, and Dale supporters will be in the Bristow's Bench stand. With only a few Dale fans expected, there mightn't be much vocal support, but KH should have prepared the players for this tricky match. There's more than a whiff of desperation in the Torquay preview:

United Still Believing

THE Gulls welcome Rochdale to Plainmoor on Tuesday night and victory is quite simply essential if we are to stay in the race for survival.

A brave battling display in the 1-0 loss to Fleetwood on Saturday was a cruel blow but our failure to convert chances once again came back to haunt.

Manager Chris Hargreaves has called for a hero to step forward from the pack and score the goals that will give us hope.

‘’We can still do it,’’ said Chris. ‘’The players know what is ahead and I believe they can do it. They buy into that and we have another game on Tuesday.

‘’We know what can happen in football and we deserved more on Saturday, but it’s gone. We plan for Rochdale, see what they’ve been like in the last few games and apply ourselves against them.

‘’We’re looking for someone to grab it around the neck and do it, someone to pin the centre-half, turn and put it in the bottom corner, as they do in training. We’re looking for someone to be the leader and be the hero. We’re looking for discipline and to do the right things for 90 minutes.

‘’I cannot fault the players for their work-rate and effort. They are trying their best. I wasn’t under any illusions when I took the job and I’m certainly not now.

‘’There are still 12 games to go and I will keep believing to the end. The only thing missing on Saturday was a goal and we had several chances. Amongst the pressure the players are under, they didn’t score and if you don’t score, you’re always vulnerable.’’
Team for Tuesday on 15:34 - Mar 10 with 3778 viewsChaffRAFC

..........................................Lillis.............................................

Rafferty.........Lancashire.........O'Connell.................Rose

......................................Cavanagh........................................
............................Allen...................Rose...............................

Vincenti.......................................................................Done
.......................................Cummins.......................................

That would be my team but I sincerely doubt Hill will do that and I think he'll keep Done at left back with Rose in central midfield as he's done for the past few weeks. I also think Donnelly will start the game whereas I'd prefer to see him as an impact sub along with Porter.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Team for Tuesday on 15:34 - Mar 10 with 3776 viewsNotEyreClue

Rose seems undroppable/unsubbable. I would be amazed/pleased if he didn't start Tuesday.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Team for Tuesday on 15:44 - Mar 10 with 3752 viewsDale27

Team for Tuesday on 15:34 - Mar 10 by ChaffRAFC

..........................................Lillis.............................................

......................................Cavanagh........................................
............................Allen...................Rose...............................

Vincenti.......................................................................Done
.......................................Cummins.......................................

That would be my team but I sincerely doubt Hill will do that and I think he'll keep Done at left back with Rose in central midfield as he's done for the past few weeks. I also think Donnelly will start the game whereas I'd prefer to see him as an impact sub along with Porter.

Rose would have to cover a lot of ground...
Team for Tuesday on 15:52 - Mar 10 with 3733 viewsTVOS1907

Team for Tuesday on 15:34 - Mar 10 by ChaffRAFC

Have we re-signed Karl Rose?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Team for Tuesday on 15:59 - Mar 10 with 3712 viewsD_Alien

Team for Tuesday on 14:00 - Mar 10 by D_Dale

Torquay have announced that the away end will be closed tomorrow, and Dale supporters will be in the Bristow's Bench stand. With only a few Dale fans expected, there mightn't be much vocal support, but KH should have prepared the players for this tricky match. There's more than a whiff of desperation in the Torquay preview:

United Still Believing

THE Gulls welcome Rochdale to Plainmoor on Tuesday night and victory is quite simply essential if we are to stay in the race for survival.

A brave battling display in the 1-0 loss to Fleetwood on Saturday was a cruel blow but our failure to convert chances once again came back to haunt.

Manager Chris Hargreaves has called for a hero to step forward from the pack and score the goals that will give us hope.

‘’We can still do it,’’ said Chris. ‘’The players know what is ahead and I believe they can do it. They buy into that and we have another game on Tuesday.

‘’We know what can happen in football and we deserved more on Saturday, but it’s gone. We plan for Rochdale, see what they’ve been like in the last few games and apply ourselves against them.

‘’We’re looking for someone to grab it around the neck and do it, someone to pin the centre-half, turn and put it in the bottom corner, as they do in training. We’re looking for someone to be the leader and be the hero. We’re looking for discipline and to do the right things for 90 minutes.

‘’I cannot fault the players for their work-rate and effort. They are trying their best. I wasn’t under any illusions when I took the job and I’m certainly not now.

‘’There are still 12 games to go and I will keep believing to the end. The only thing missing on Saturday was a goal and we had several chances. Amongst the pressure the players are under, they didn’t score and if you don’t score, you’re always vulnerable.’’

Not another manager banging on about "buying into it..." ??

Was sad to read Flicker's similar comment about the bury squad - it's a terrible cliche.

The players are being paid, they're not paying you ffs!!

Plus, the amount of bullshit that players must have to come out with at times to prove they're "buying into it" must be unbelievable. It's kow-tow to the boss or you're on the bench, or worse, whether you think he's god's gift to football management or the biggest dick you've ever had the misfortune to play under.

Just as well the Dale squad don't have to pretend to "buy into it"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Team for Tuesday on 16:16 - Mar 10 with 3654 viewsnordenblue

Team for Tuesday on 15:59 - Mar 10 by D_Alien

Not another manager banging on about "buying into it..." ??

Was sad to read Flicker's similar comment about the bury squad - it's a terrible cliche.

The players are being paid, they're not paying you ffs!!

Plus, the amount of bullshit that players must have to come out with at times to prove they're "buying into it" must be unbelievable. It's kow-tow to the boss or you're on the bench, or worse, whether you think he's god's gift to football management or the biggest dick you've ever had the misfortune to play under.

Just as well the Dale squad don't have to pretend to "buy into it"

Flicker is Mr Cliche,just count how many times he says "with respect to" and "buying into" during any given interview.
Team for Tuesday on 16:19 - Mar 10 with 3646 viewsTVOS1907

Team for Tuesday on 16:16 - Mar 10 by nordenblue

Flicker is Mr Cliche,just count how many times he says "with respect to" and "buying into" during any given interview.

Surely he doesn't say "with respect to" more times than Hilly?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Team for Tuesday on 17:09 - Mar 10 with 3587 viewsColDale

Team for Tuesday on 16:19 - Mar 10 by TVOS1907

I believe "WOW" is the word of the moment
Team for Tuesday on 18:00 - Mar 10 with 3507 viewsnordenblue

Team for Tuesday on 16:19 - Mar 10 by TVOS1907

"With respect to" Hilly,Flicker and Chris Beech if you close your eyes you could be listening to any one of the three during an interview.
Team for Tuesday on 18:03 - Mar 10 with 3498 views442Dale

Team for Tuesday on 18:00 - Mar 10 by nordenblue

"With respect to" Hilly,Flicker and Chris Beech if you close your eyes you could be listening to any one of the three during an interview.

Nah, you don't hear Hill and Beech using players' nicknames by the dozen.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Team for Tuesday on 01:21 - Mar 11 with 3249 viewsTalkingSutty

Do i detect negative posts regarding management comments ( I call it bullshit)?........How very dare you.

I suppose all publicity is good publicity for a lower league club and all joking apart Hillcroft came across well on Sky both leading up to the derby game and in the post match interviews.

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024