Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Allen 21:31 - Mar 22 with 9343 viewsRockerdale97

How far can this lad go? Will we struggle to keep hold of him? New contract now? Awesome again today, took his goal well and ran the show second half against a side that played direct.
Jamie Allen on 12:59 - Mar 23 with 2661 viewsYouTubeDale

Jamie's initial reaction is lightning fast and that is what a lot of Premier footballer's have. The way he reacted to that goal situation yesterday is a good example. It came off their defender unpredictably and Jamie quickly shaped his body to perfectly smash the ball home giving their goalie no chance at all.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Jamie Allen on 16:04 - Mar 23 with 2482 viewskirbys

See Jamie Allen - see another Paul Scholes or Allen Ball - what a prospect. Hope he remains at Dale for a bit longer to develop and mature in this special side.
Lot been said about our other prospects - Scot Hogan and Joe Bunney what a brilliant future for the club as these players come through. We have to mention the skilled application towards their development by the backroom staff - what a team!
Jamie Allen on 17:00 - Mar 23 with 2398 viewsTiki_Beach

Allens been brilliant. Hill has done a really good job with slowly involving him this season and you see the confidence in his play grow more and more with each game he plays.

He keeps it simple yet effective, keeps the ball and has developed a knack of snatching a goal.

Think a few comments are a little too hyped - If we was to go down the comparison route - Dawson was more of a player and I feel O'Connell is but take nothing away from Allen, there's a lot more to come from him and I for one look forward to seeing him continue to develop in a Dale shirt.

Ps What a goal that was yesterday - Great to see him with a smile on his face!
Jamie Allen on 17:24 - Mar 23 with 2342 views49thseason

Allen has started 14 games (13 league 1 cup) won 10, drawn 2 lost 2

Thats 2.23 points per game when he has started Vs 1.84 overall currently. At that rate we would have achieved our aim by now if he had played every game

Jamie Allen on 17:28 - Mar 23 with 2334 views442Dale

Jamie Allen on 17:00 - Mar 23 by Tiki_Beach

Allens been brilliant. Hill has done a really good job with slowly involving him this season and you see the confidence in his play grow more and more with each game he plays.

He keeps it simple yet effective, keeps the ball and has developed a knack of snatching a goal.

Think a few comments are a little too hyped - If we was to go down the comparison route - Dawson was more of a player and I feel O'Connell is but take nothing away from Allen, there's a lot more to come from him and I for one look forward to seeing him continue to develop in a Dale shirt.

Ps What a goal that was yesterday - Great to see him with a smile on his face!

There's no hype, although it's possible to say its difficult to compare Allen to someone like Dawson as they're obviously different types of players. Where they can be judged though is how they react in games rather than on specific skills like shooting/heading/passing etc.

It's obviously not a Dawson witch-hunt, because he's one of the best players we've ever had, but watch the penalty he conceded yesterday. It wasn't a pen, but his initial movement was not sharp enough because Long saw the situation first. It's not a massive criticism because, as has been said, very few players see everything that might or will happen before it actually does. Allen has illustrated so far that he can do this and it appears to be completely natural to him.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jamie Allen on 17:48 - Mar 23 with 2292 viewsTalkingSutty

Jamie Allen on 17:28 - Mar 23 by 442Dale

There's no hype, although it's possible to say its difficult to compare Allen to someone like Dawson as they're obviously different types of players. Where they can be judged though is how they react in games rather than on specific skills like shooting/heading/passing etc.

It's obviously not a Dawson witch-hunt, because he's one of the best players we've ever had, but watch the penalty he conceded yesterday. It wasn't a pen, but his initial movement was not sharp enough because Long saw the situation first. It's not a massive criticism because, as has been said, very few players see everything that might or will happen before it actually does. Allen has illustrated so far that he can do this and it appears to be completely natural to him.

I think some of the comments are a bit over the top regarding Jamie to be honest. He is playing in a good team and that always helps, having watched him closely its obvious he has plenty about him for a lad of his age and I think he would be even better once he moves up the footballing ladder, league two is helter skelter at times.

There will come a time when he has a loss of form and its how he reacts to that, at the moment I think we should wait until after xmas before we start making comparisons with players like Dawson, but if he continues with his development and most importantly keeps grounded and listens to Hilly then the world could be his oyster.
Jamie Allen on 20:26 - Mar 23 with 2154 viewsdingdangblue

Jamie Allen on 17:28 - Mar 23 by 442Dale

Most forwards are sharper/quicker than defenders though so I wouldn't necessarily hold that against anyone in defense. I agree about Allen - he is very aware of everything that is going on around him and seems to have a picture of what's going on before its happened. Very rare at our level.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Jamie Allen on 20:54 - Mar 23 with 2100 viewsDale23years

Jamie Allen on 20:26 - Mar 23 by dingdangblue

Most forwards are sharper/quicker than defenders though so I wouldn't necessarily hold that against anyone in defense. I agree about Allen - he is very aware of everything that is going on around him and seems to have a picture of what's going on before its happened. Very rare at our level.

It is very rare at our level , have we ever had so many good young players at the club at one time???

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Login to get fewer ads

Jamie Allen on 21:41 - Mar 23 with 2049 viewsR17ALE

Allen has it, Buckley had/has it, Hogan has it.

They have an on-board football computer in their heads. An instinct which cannot be taught. A thing which I'm struggling to find the words to explain it.

Donnelly could do with the same software, and then he'd be Holt! (Best explanation I can give!)

But the comparisons with Scholes are justified in my eyes. His Wycombe goal was very Scholes-esque.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Jamie Allen on 22:23 - Mar 23 with 1976 viewssandylaner1

his general technique and style is more akin to luka modric IMO

hilly has man managed allen and bunney perfectly throughout the season which is being demonstrated and rewarded now

easy to see why the other players love having allen in the team and his goals/games ratio isn't bad either!

up the dale
Jamie Allen on 23:10 - Mar 23 with 1916 viewsnordenblue

Jamie Allen on 21:41 - Mar 23 by R17ALE

Allen has it, Buckley had/has it, Hogan has it.

They have an on-board football computer in their heads. An instinct which cannot be taught. A thing which I'm struggling to find the words to explain it.

Donnelly could do with the same software, and then he'd be Holt! (Best explanation I can give!)

But the comparisons with Scholes are justified in my eyes. His Wycombe goal was very Scholes-esque.

Took a united season ticket holder to the game against Accy recently and without me saying a word he commented after about 15 mins, how his play is almost identical to a young Paul Scholes,he said he stood out how good he actually was
Jamie Allen on 09:39 - Mar 24 with 1791 viewsParkinsGimp

Isnt it very pleasing to have two very talented lads in Allen & Hogan at the club. Really hope we can keep them for a good push in League one. I suspect they will both go onto better things. Scott maybe Championship (but if Holt & Alfie got prem then why not higher with quality around him) and defo think jamie can go all the way he has time on his side.
Just like to see them both here for another season though.
Jamie Allen on 09:47 - Mar 24 with 1779 viewssweetcorn

Jamie Allen on 09:39 - Mar 24 by ParkinsGimp

Isnt it very pleasing to have two very talented lads in Allen & Hogan at the club. Really hope we can keep them for a good push in League one. I suspect they will both go onto better things. Scott maybe Championship (but if Holt & Alfie got prem then why not higher with quality around him) and defo think jamie can go all the way he has time on his side.
Just like to see them both here for another season though.

How does hogan not have time on his side? He's 21 and already looks a class act.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Jamie Allen on 09:57 - Mar 24 with 1772 viewsParkinsGimp

True I actually thought he was a little older but hey who cares as long as they keep performing and when they do go I am sure they will go with all our blessings I am sure.
Jamie Allen on 10:15 - Mar 24 with 1750 viewsdingdangblue

Its a real shame that with Hilly at the helm and all the fantastic players he has nurtured at Dale that we haven't got a big fan base . Imagine Spotland full every home game (which lets face it - it should be with what Hillys teams do/have done). These players who are top of the league deserve big crowds. We wouldn't have to sell to survive then - and who knows where Hill could take us. Our low crowds and low wages are always going to hold us back when other clubs come to take our players. It really is frightening to think of a best ever Hill team - you would be talking top half Championship pushing for the Prem at least.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Jamie Allen on 11:39 - Mar 24 with 1707 viewsbatman

I see Hilly and Dale as the new Dario Gradi/Crewe. in so much as they
seem a perfect fit as Manager and Club as well as both Managers
developing players that go on to better things and the Club benefits/survives
from the transfer fees recieved.
i hope Hilly astays with us for as long as Gradi stayed at the helm at Gresty Road.
Jamie Allen on 21:28 - Mar 24 with 1615 viewsboromat

Not seen it mentioned anywhere but Jamie made it into the Football League team of the week.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/features/20140324/sky-bet-football-league-team-

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024