Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" 07:43 - Apr 3 with 6417 viewsjacksinceever

Just got emailed by SCFC and asked if I wanted to apply to buy a ST? I already have three in our family, so thought another one would be a bit greedy!
however, should they be working their way down the the 8000 supposedly on that list?

Before anyone posts a reply, I know it was a generic email probably sent to all subscribers, but still .................
[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 7:44]
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 08:23 - Apr 3 with 4198 viewsBrockley_Jack

I know of one family of four who are Liverpool fans really who are buying 2 STs at Annfield next season. At least the wife and younger son have stayed loyal though.
What's your experience of this?
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 08:43 - Apr 3 with 4138 viewsraynor94

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 08:23 - Apr 3 by Brockley_Jack

I know of one family of four who are Liverpool fans really who are buying 2 STs at Annfield next season. At least the wife and younger son have stayed loyal though.
What's your experience of this?

So there's no waiting list at Anfield

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 08:49 - Apr 3 with 4111 viewsBrockley_Jack

Didn't think of that Raynor.i wondered why all four of them didn't get one?
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 09:24 - Apr 3 with 3992 viewsCatullus

I had that email. And I do suppose, if there is a waiting list, they are trying to judge if there is any more interest above the alleged 8000.

What annoys me though is that I want to get a season ticket for myself and my son. He wants to come with me now but it's a nightmare. I cannot exchange my season for another ticket. I have to buy two new tickets. And seasons are not transferable, you are not supposed to let someone else use it and technically it could be taken off you if you did that.
The email was for new seasons only, as an existing season holder why can't I register the pair of us and if the chance came up, simply swap my East stand seat for two elsewhere (obviously I'd pay any extra cost)?
My son is 5 and now is the ideal time to start taking him regularly. It's when my Dad started taking me and these days he gets upset when he can't come with me.
This is another thing the club are getting wrong, in my opinion. I don't know how many people are in a similar situation but maybe the trust could bring this up?
I don't want my son turning into a plastic Manc or Scouser!! he was born a Jack, and a Jack he will be.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 09:48 - Apr 3 with 3937 viewsbuilthjack

I had the email too. We are already season ticket holders!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 09:50 - Apr 3 with 3935 viewsraynor94

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 09:24 - Apr 3 by Catullus

I had that email. And I do suppose, if there is a waiting list, they are trying to judge if there is any more interest above the alleged 8000.

What annoys me though is that I want to get a season ticket for myself and my son. He wants to come with me now but it's a nightmare. I cannot exchange my season for another ticket. I have to buy two new tickets. And seasons are not transferable, you are not supposed to let someone else use it and technically it could be taken off you if you did that.
The email was for new seasons only, as an existing season holder why can't I register the pair of us and if the chance came up, simply swap my East stand seat for two elsewhere (obviously I'd pay any extra cost)?
My son is 5 and now is the ideal time to start taking him regularly. It's when my Dad started taking me and these days he gets upset when he can't come with me.
This is another thing the club are getting wrong, in my opinion. I don't know how many people are in a similar situation but maybe the trust could bring this up?
I don't want my son turning into a plastic Manc or Scouser!! he was born a Jack, and a Jack he will be.

Easy answer to this, push on with the expansion, it's a disgrace we are leaving the next generation of fans out. We will never grow as a club if we keep putting it off

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 09:53 - Apr 3 with 3917 viewsUxbridge

It's a puzzler. I'd have thought those on the waiting list (if it exists) would have been contacted first ... what the hell's the point of it otherwise?

As I received it, it does look a generic mailshot for all Swans fans.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 09:58 - Apr 3 with 3897 viewsbuilthjack

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 09:50 - Apr 3 by raynor94

Easy answer to this, push on with the expansion, it's a disgrace we are leaving the next generation of fans out. We will never grow as a club if we keep putting it off

Agree, I know loads who would buy a season ticket tomorrow. Am sure we could sell another 5,000 at least. The expansion needs to go ahead ASAP, though it would be the end of next season at the earliest now.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 10:01 - Apr 3 with 3881 viewsjohnlangy

Have you emailed the Trust ? I've done it numerous times in the past and always got answers one way or the other.

This is the time to do it. If there is any flexibility regarding ST's it'll be now if anyone hasn't renewed. Trouble is, if there are 8000 on a waiting list (probably more like 2/3000 in reality) it would be difficult to decide who is top of the list for non renewed ST's. But at least you'd have some kind of explanation.
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 10:19 - Apr 3 with 3819 viewsPacemaker

A friend of mine had a similar situation rang up ticket office Christmas time and he did have to move from his seat in East to north west corner but had three together, for him his father and son.

The ticket office will generally sort out most problems in my opinion if you ask nicely.

The 8000 waiting list may be correct but only as a result of the cack handed survey they did last year. For example they asked all my mates did we know anyone who wanted a ST we all answered yes for three people, that probably means the club thinks it has 18 potential ST holders rather than 3, now multiply that times 18000 and you end up with a bigger waiting list than the capacity of the Millennium stadium.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 11:13 - Apr 3 with 3726 viewsCatullus

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 10:01 - Apr 3 by johnlangy

Have you emailed the Trust ? I've done it numerous times in the past and always got answers one way or the other.

This is the time to do it. If there is any flexibility regarding ST's it'll be now if anyone hasn't renewed. Trouble is, if there are 8000 on a waiting list (probably more like 2/3000 in reality) it would be difficult to decide who is top of the list for non renewed ST's. But at least you'd have some kind of explanation.

I was advised to write to Leigh Dineen (by the ticket office) so I emailed in (FAO Leigh Dineen) but I never got an answer.

maybe I'll PM Mr Sumbler!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 12:13 - Apr 3 with 3602 viewsSwanjaxs

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 11:13 - Apr 3 by Catullus

I was advised to write to Leigh Dineen (by the ticket office) so I emailed in (FAO Leigh Dineen) but I never got an answer.

You'd have been better off sending an email to Farther Christmas mate, you'd have had a better chance of a reply, Leigh Dineen answers to nobody about anything Swans related. You could always try tweeting him mind !!!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 12:39 - Apr 3 with 3493 viewsJohnw102

I renewed my season ticket for N/E corner in Dec, but at the same time asking if I could relocate to an area where I could sit and watch the game, this request was for the only reason that at 72 standing for 90 mins was no longer possible due to dodgy back and hips. (much as I do enjoy standing and the atmosphere in the N/E) Had a phone call this morning from ticket office who were very helpful while I looked at the stadium plan and sorted me out a seat in East/upper with only the wall in front of me. So I think if you do contact the office and fully explain your needs they will do all they can to help. I promise next season to act as a N/E missionary and get the E joining in!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 13:07 - Apr 3 with 3400 viewsSwanaldinho

I offered my 2 seasons tickets for next year on this forum for months as I am unable to attend most games. Excellent seats in the east stand.

3 months of advertising and the only response I got was from one time waster saying he would definitely have them but then lost the ability to answer his phone.
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 13:40 - Apr 3 with 3321 viewswestside

if there is a 8k waiting list then why were dvla workers given free tickets for the napoli game on the basis of stadium expansion market research when the potential season ticket buyers of an expanded stadium are on the waiting list ?
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:16 - Apr 3 with 3246 viewsSwanzay

There was a simular email sent out around the same time last year asking for interest, so maybe they are seeing there has been any change in demand?
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 17:08 - Apr 3 with 2993 viewsjohnlangy

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 11:13 - Apr 3 by Catullus

I just go via the Trust contact details and get a response from whichever Trust Board member can give an answer.
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 17:11 - Apr 3 with 2981 viewsApeShit

There is no waiting list, if there are any available tickets they will offer them to Jackarmy members with the most points like they did last time.
So Much for the Fabled on 17:18 - Apr 3 with 2962 viewsApeShit

*Double post.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 17:18]
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 17:36 - Apr 3 with 2914 viewsSTEVE1

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 13:40 - Apr 3 by westside

if there is a 8k waiting list then why were dvla workers given free tickets for the napoli game on the basis of stadium expansion market research when the potential season ticket buyers of an expanded stadium are on the waiting list ?

It was just an excuse for giving tickets the tickets away after they had bad press over it
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 23:42 - Apr 3 with 2611 viewsAndy1300

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 17:11 - Apr 3 by ApeShit

There is no waiting list, if there are any available tickets they will offer them to Jackarmy members with the most points like they did last time.

I'm a st JA member but I can't use my points for a ticket for the wife for next season

Number 1 team in Wales

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 07:02 - Apr 4 with 2518 viewsParlay

Ive contacted the club several times for 4 season tickets for next year and have never got a response.

Ill only be back in the UK for a few months here and there but will give my ST away to mates when i cant go.

I know my parent have also been trying to get season tickets and havent been able to. So if there is 6 just from my family im sure there are far, far more. Its just a shame they havent ince bothered to reply.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 11:16 - Apr 4 with 2358 viewsJackswan

I've had the email for the last couple of seasons and registered each time. Surely they have a record of Jackarmy members with a high points tally and they could work through that list.

I'm a Jackarmy member but can only get to about 7-8 matches each season due to work committments, so alas don't gain many points on my membership. But then again can never work out when the tickets are going on sale anymore.
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 12:47 - Apr 4 with 2279 viewsJackhero

I'm in the same situation Catullus and have been for the last 2 seasons. My son is now Seven and it won't be long before he decides Swansea won't be for him. I take him to away games and as many home cup games as I can get tickets for (and afford).

Fans will be lost....the expansion needs to happen now!

I also had the email, had a quick look and it also only gives the option of south east and north stands. No west where I sit so I would also have to try and relocate if I was ever given the opportunity.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 13:09 - Apr 4 with 2249 viewsUxbridge

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 11:16 - Apr 4 by Jackswan

I've had the email for the last couple of seasons and registered each time. Surely they have a record of Jackarmy members with a high points tally and they could work through that list.

I'm a Jackarmy member but can only get to about 7-8 matches each season due to work committments, so alas don't gain many points on my membership. But then again can never work out when the tickets are going on sale anymore.

That is odd. I can only conclude there is no list. If there was then why are they still canvassing?

It'd make a lot more sense to me if they asked JA members first if want a ST, and work down from there.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024