Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread 21:14 - May 25 with 23831 viewsPhil_S

So come on then - lets start this off - who do you fancy to win the competition

Win a share of £200 bets with William Hill: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/world-cup-predictions/

Enter our free World Cup Sweepstake:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/sweepstake/

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 21:20 - May 25 with 7435 viewsJackfath

Are you referring to the competition on the other website, if so, it'l be won by someone other than me. I banned from there see. They are homophobic there.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 21:20 - May 25 with 7439 viewsC_jack

Brazil/Germany/Argentina for me.

Chile and Ivory Coast my two picks to do better than expected.
[Post edited 25 May 2014 21:21]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 21:21 - May 25 with 7433 viewsScoobyDoo

Don't think you need to look further than the host nation Phil, in my humble opinion.
The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 21:29 - May 25 with 7409 viewsMusical_Swan

Fancy the Argentines myself. May lump a cheeky one on Ivory Coast though. "C'mon Wilfried Bony..."

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 21:35 - May 25 with 7395 viewsHuw57

I fancy Holland. Although i think Iran will actually surprise people..

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 21:37 - May 25 with 7389 viewsC_jack

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 21:35 - May 25 by Huw57

I fancy Holland. Although i think Iran will actually surprise people..

Very disciplined team as you'd expect, and can easily frustrate the big teams. North Korea were not smashed by Brazil in South Africa as many expected.

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 21:57 - May 25 with 7353 viewsmax936

Brazil V Spain final would be awesome, although Germany might put a spanner in the works on that one.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 22:00 - May 25 with 7347 viewsoldcob

I agree with Scooby; Brazil.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 22:13 - May 25 with 7321 viewsDaithejack

Argentina to win it, I'm supporting the Ivory Coast though. Come on Wilfried Bony!!!

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 22:29 - May 25 with 7301 viewsepaul

Sorry but ABE

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 22:31 - May 25 with 7299 viewsbermudajack

I'm pretty sure Spain will be the team to beat again... £25 win at 8/1
(Based on the incredible pressure put on both Brasilia & Argentina)

My Outside bet...

£10 on... ahem... England at 28/1 😳 (odds just too good)

Team that will surprise a few...

£15 on France at 25/1

Top scorer.... Neymar 😎 £10 at 12/1 with a cheeky £5 on Sturridge at 66/1

That my £65 worth of bets sorted 😎

Poll: Priority for new manager?

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 22:31 - May 25 with 7298 viewsPhil_S

I think Belgium will have a good run too
The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 22:40 - May 25 with 7289 viewsC_jack

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 22:31 - May 25 by bermudajack

I'm pretty sure Spain will be the team to beat again... £25 win at 8/1
(Based on the incredible pressure put on both Brasilia & Argentina)

My Outside bet...

£10 on... ahem... England at 28/1 😳 (odds just too good)

Team that will surprise a few...

£15 on France at 25/1

Top scorer.... Neymar 😎 £10 at 12/1 with a cheeky £5 on Sturridge at 66/1

That my £65 worth of bets sorted 😎

One bookmaker offering a sign up bonus of 100/1 for England to win it

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 23:02 - May 25 with 7257 viewsbermudajack

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 22:40 - May 25 by C_jack

One bookmaker offering a sign up bonus of 100/1 for England to win it

Really? Which one??

Poll: Priority for new manager?

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 23:36 - May 25 with 7213 viewsC_jack

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 23:02 - May 25 by bermudajack

Really? Which one??

Padaay Powarrr

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 23:51 - May 25 with 7199 viewsscottishjack

I was going to put an each way bet on Uruguay, Suarez injury has made me think twice though.

Has a European team ever won when it is hosted in South America?
The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 00:01 - May 26 with 7188 viewssully49

Brazil
Argentina
Germany
Spain

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 00:02 - May 26 with 7185 viewsC_jack

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 23:51 - May 25 by scottishjack

I was going to put an each way bet on Uruguay, Suarez injury has made me think twice though.

Has a European team ever won when it is hosted in South America?

No, but I don't see the huge advantage that the weather or humidity gives. Research in regards to exercise performance has moved on more than significantly since the last one (Argentina 78), and surely a large % of the players all play in Europe anyway?

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 02:42 - May 26 with 7122 viewsJoeSoccerFan

Argentina over Brazil in the final.

Belgium will be the surprise. England doesn't get out of the group - but neither does USA. Ivory Coast beaten by Spain in the Quarters.

People bitching about the refs; traffic; trains; planes but not about the hot brazilians on the beach
The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 08:12 - May 26 with 7053 viewsPhil_S

So let me get this right, if I join Paddy Power and use my £10 initial deposit to back England at the odds of 100/1 then I will lose £10?
The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 08:18 - May 26 with 7045 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 08:12 - May 26 by Phil_S

So let me get this right, if I join Paddy Power and use my £10 initial deposit to back England at the odds of 100/1 then I will lose £10?

Yes, but losing your 10 quid at 100/1 is better than losing it at 28/1 ... apparently

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 10:48 - May 26 with 6989 viewsKilkennyjack

Yaya, Bony, and the boys for me. But ABE would do.

Beware of the Risen People

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 11:19 - May 26 with 6966 viewsmacthejack

I want England, Ivory Coast or Netherlands to win, for obvious reasons.

I think Brazil, Spain or Germany will win it although I don't want Spain to particularly as they're pretty dull to watch. I do have a soft spot for Japan, very good techincal team who play exciting football.
The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 11:40 - May 26 with 6949 viewsPrivate_Partz

Argentina for me but I bet the usual suspects will push them very closely. I am supporting Ivory Coast and Holland due to the Swans interest. I would also not mind if England won however as I am sure the feel good factor would benefit us playing in the EPL. This scenario is very unlikely imo.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Planet Swans World Cup Thread on 15:14 - May 26 with 6854 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I want England to win. I feel if we played to our strengths then we would have a much better chance, but that is unlikely. I hope Barkley, Chamberlin, Walcott etc all start.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024