Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rio - Not WC 22:50 - Jun 23 with 18555 viewsIrishR

Its the Mail but looks like it could be happening. If its a massive wage drop like it says then its not a bad signing i think but would like to hear the actual wage first. Thoughts?

This line doesnt scream hungry however :(

‘He told me the couple of years he had at Chelsea were some of the most enjoyable of his career because there wasn’t at that time the pressure of trying to win trophies.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2666339/EXCLUSIVE-Rio-Ferdinan
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Rio - Not WC on 13:53 - Jun 24 with 2190 viewsQPR_Jim

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/9359801/rio-ferdinand-in-talks-ove

Sky somewhat back tracking, you should all know the drill by now, wait for Barnsley Website to declare it then moan.

I'm suprised NorthenR hasn't had the Sky Sports confirmed signing list up yet, long - funny and inaccurate.
Rio - Not WC on 13:53 - Jun 24 with 2187 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rio - Not WC on 13:50 - Jun 24 by hoof_hearted

You have to trust them not to be giving him a 3 year deal with no relegation or long term injury clauses - THAT would be repeating the same old mistakes. A one year deal is a gamble that could be the difference between a relegation struggle and mid-table place. It's a very fine line and it's not our money so if Harry thinks he'll add to the team spirit then that's fine by me. Steve Black will turn him into a youth hungry for an England cap by September.

I don't thnk we have to trust them at all, hoof. In fact, I think with the track record of both ownership and manager, the last thing we should be doing is trusting their transfer dealings.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rio - Not WC on 13:59 - Jun 24 with 2161 viewshoof_hearted

Rio - Not WC on 13:53 - Jun 24 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't thnk we have to trust them at all, hoof. In fact, I think with the track record of both ownership and manager, the last thing we should be doing is trusting their transfer dealings.

How about we trust that they have learned from their mistakes?
Rio - Not WC on 14:03 - Jun 24 with 2151 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rio - Not WC on 13:59 - Jun 24 by hoof_hearted

I'd like to get to that point, honestly, but after a decent summer last year, they had a poor winter window again. Also, there were clear signs of Redknapp using the media to force the board to sign Benayoun. Still looks a bit ramshackle to me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rio - Not WC on 14:15 - Jun 24 with 2121 viewstoboboly

Rio - Not WC on 13:53 - Jun 24 by QPR_Jim

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/9359801/rio-ferdinand-in-talks-ove

Sky somewhat back tracking, you should all know the drill by now, wait for Barnsley Website to declare it then moan.

I'm suprised NorthenR hasn't had the Sky Sports confirmed signing list up yet, long - funny and inaccurate.

Very true Jim.

I, personally, hope talks break down and we look to spend the money on players who would fight tooth and nail to play for QPR.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Rio - Not WC on 15:52 - Jun 24 with 2054 viewsessextaxiboy

Rio - Not WC on 13:59 - Jun 24 by hoof_hearted

Hughes made the mistakes .

Apart from a few short term loans what mistakes has Redknapp made ?

I would argue maybe one .... Jenas
Rio - Not WC on 16:35 - Jun 24 with 1994 viewsPhilmyRs

Ex England international, one of the greatest centre halfs this country has produced, with aspirations to manage and stay in the game, playing for us, is a bad thing? We've not just handed out a 4yr contract here, we've given him a year. If he is shot and can't play, at least we're not lumbered. I think being able to tap into his experience, his football knowledge, will benefit everyone at the club. The problem isn't signing Rio Ferdinand, it's who we sign alongside Rio Ferdinand. Personally, I think when we come to look at some younger less experienced players, having Rio in our ranks would be a definite pull factor. Your'e a youth teamer sitting at home and you've been told Rio is with us for a year, if you've got any sense you'd be looking for advice from him everyday that he's here. This isn't Bosingwa, Park, mbia, Swp, Diakite. This is proven class.
Rio - Not WC on 17:16 - Jun 24 with 1928 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Rio - Not WC on 16:35 - Jun 24 by PhilmyRs

Ex England international, one of the greatest centre halfs this country has produced, with aspirations to manage and stay in the game, playing for us, is a bad thing? We've not just handed out a 4yr contract here, we've given him a year. If he is shot and can't play, at least we're not lumbered. I think being able to tap into his experience, his football knowledge, will benefit everyone at the club. The problem isn't signing Rio Ferdinand, it's who we sign alongside Rio Ferdinand. Personally, I think when we come to look at some younger less experienced players, having Rio in our ranks would be a definite pull factor. Your'e a youth teamer sitting at home and you've been told Rio is with us for a year, if you've got any sense you'd be looking for advice from him everyday that he's here. This isn't Bosingwa, Park, mbia, Swp, Diakite. This is proven class.

Do you think with his experience and positioning on the pitch with England would we ever have conceded those basic headed goals I think not
Login to get fewer ads

Rio - Not WC on 17:24 - Jun 24 with 1902 viewsizlingtonhoop

Rio - Not WC on 10:21 - Jun 24 by paulparker

at least it adds more spice to the Chelsea Game
then again 2 weeks of are they gonna shake hands etc will most likely drive me to Lunacy

in pure QPR tradition he will pull his back in the 1st game and thus wont play 10 games all season

Let's hope he does pull his back in the first game, rather than the one after the 25 is finalised.
Rio - Not WC on 17:41 - Jun 24 with 1874 views08olesen

IMO the important issue is... could we have got someone better for the same price, the answer to that is probably yes.

Someone like Lescott, Bassong or Boyata may have been cheaper because they were either out of contract or have cheaper wages with a small fee, but arguably Rio will help a lot more off the pitch than those three will, and so it could balance it out, and while its clear the main focus should be on the pitch...it will be a tough season and we will need a good morale to succeed when it gets tough.

Having said that we need to avoid this short termism, and i would have preferred to see a U25 centre back who would only cost a couple of million like a Jammal Lascells, because at some point we will need to replace these 34/5 year olds and why not now. Some would argue that these young defenders wont be ready for the prem, but IMO we will be more fooked if we are banking on 34/5 year olds to be fit all season and have to keep changing the back four.

Any of the list will do
Lascells
Liam Moore
Zouma(loan from Scum)
Rekik (city loan)
Caulker
Van Djik

Poll: Who will the other play off

Rio - Not WC on 18:03 - Jun 24 with 1824 viewsGrifter

Given the context (think 12/13 season), this would be the worst signing in the history of the club.

That may sound hyperbolic, but I'm struggling to think of a more symbolically appalling one than this. Previously poor signing have just performed poorly on the field, but this one reflects an entire club ethos that most of us hoped was in the past.
Rio - Not WC on 18:31 - Jun 24 with 1772 viewsMetallica_Hoop

If he's cheap I'm ambivalent.

Ned and Dunne seems like a good pairing though for a small club. We do however need cover (are we keeping Clint?).

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Rio - Not WC on 09:07 - Jun 25 with 1641 viewsPinnerPaul

Rio - Not WC on 14:15 - Jun 24 by toboboly

Very true Jim.

I, personally, hope talks break down and we look to spend the money on players who would fight tooth and nail to play for QPR.

I'd rather get the best players we can afford.

Everyone of us on here would fight tooth and nail for the club, doesn't mean a Loft for Words 11 would keep us in the Premier League!
Rio - Not WC on 09:57 - Jun 25 with 1590 viewssevenhoop

Rio - Not WC on 09:07 - Jun 25 by PinnerPaul

I'd rather get the best players we can afford.

Everyone of us on here would fight tooth and nail for the club, doesn't mean a Loft for Words 11 would keep us in the Premier League!

you're missing the point. The "best players" def do not make the "best team" as we have demonstrated in the past and it's why we should learn!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024