Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rio Ferdinand 17:27 - Jul 17 with 10804 viewssdm1508

Just tweeted that the medical has gone fine and on his way to Loftus Road to sign the contract
Rio Ferdinand on 20:25 - Jul 17 with 1947 viewsMatch82

Rio Ferdinand on 20:21 - Jul 17 by Jigsore

to play Devil's advocate... wouldn't you say this signing is a carbon copy of Park minus the wages

Vastly experienced at the highest level, ex United, clearly not going to be starting very often and in a position we already have lots of bodies.

Park was a strange case. He seemed to work hard and try and contribute to the team, but his ability was mostly due to workload, speed and stamina - the latter two of which betrayed him as he got older. I think Rio's "skills" will age better than Park's.
Rio Ferdinand on 20:40 - Jul 17 with 1862 viewsHAYESBOY

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/170714-qpr-sign-defender-rio-ferdinand-on-a-fr

All done.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Rio Ferdinand on 20:47 - Jul 17 with 1832 viewssmudgenet

may not be the fittest or youngest of our squad but as our first new signing stable and natural prem leader who is highly motivated to see his top level career end well so will be up for relegation dogfight
Rio Ferdinand on 20:48 - Jul 17 with 1823 viewsingeminate

Rio Ferdinand on 20:17 - Jul 17 by 08olesen

I am fine with this, very different to the Park and Bosingwa signings IMO.

We now really need to add some grit to this team. That midfield needs pace and power sharpish. we need a Tiote, Fernandinho type player... someone who can put in some tackles, run and pass. The sad thing is we had one of them in Diakite and seem to be giving up with him.

Very pleased! A lot of potential upside to this, on the pitch, in the dressing room and also attracting other targets.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Rio Ferdinand on 20:49 - Jul 17 with 1811 viewssmudgehoop

Rio Ferdinand on 20:47 - Jul 17 by smudgenet

may not be the fittest or youngest of our squad but as our first new signing stable and natural prem leader who is highly motivated to see his top level career end well so will be up for relegation dogfight

glad now official

Rio Ferdinand on 20:51 - Jul 17 with 1804 viewsPommyhoop

Redknapp added: “During his time at Manchester United, he was the best defender in Europe, if not the world'.

GODS HOLY TROUSERS!!!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Rio Ferdinand on 20:55 - Jul 17 with 1772 viewsQPR_John

to play Devil's advocate... wouldn't you say this signing is a carbon copy of Park minus the wages

Vastly experienced at the highest level, ex United, clearly not going to be starting very often and in a position we already have lots of bodies.

Not really Ferdinand might well bring more to the club off the field
Rio Ferdinand on 21:01 - Jul 17 with 1725 viewsBklynRanger

Rio Ferdinand on 20:40 - Jul 17 by HAYESBOY

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/170714-qpr-sign-defender-rio-ferdinand-on-a-fr

All done.

Good start. Said all the right things.
Login to get fewer ads

Rio Ferdinand on 21:02 - Jul 17 with 1717 viewsngbqpr

Rio Ferdinand on 20:40 - Jul 17 by HAYESBOY

All done.

well he says all the right things there

but that pic really shows how $hit the new shirt is ;)

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Rio Ferdinand on 21:02 - Jul 17 with 1715 viewsessextaxiboy

How have we got lots of bodies , Clint, Ehmer, Onouha, Dunne.
Rio Ferdinand on 21:06 - Jul 17 with 1697 viewsbosh67

His name is Rio
And we're dancing in the stands
Let's hope he ain't a waste each week
On 50 feckin grand

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rio Ferdinand on 21:09 - Jul 17 with 1685 viewsqprwpg

Is it on Barnsley's site yet?

Nothing against Rio, and he may turn out to be a decent signing, but I think it's more of a HR nostalgia signing, than anything else.

Twitter: @qprwpg

Rio Ferdinand on 21:09 - Jul 17 with 1682 viewsconnell10

just glad rio didnt have his pic taken in the loft where i sit, i feel his glass back would have gone before he even kicked a ball in angry for us!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Rio Ferdinand on 21:12 - Jul 17 with 1659 viewsbosh67

Moons aligned. First pro club, first top manager. Destiny.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rio Ferdinand on 21:13 - Jul 17 with 1655 viewskingshill

Certainly comes across as not being here to top up.his pension.

Hope he's more Ray Wilkins than Mark Hateley...
Rio Ferdinand on 21:15 - Jul 17 with 1576 viewssdm1508

Harry just said on his interview that he is looking to play 3 at the back this season. Ferdinand, hopefully Caulker and one other. So with this new info how do you think or would like us to line up
Rio Ferdinand on 21:17 - Jul 17 with 1553 viewsGloucs_R

Rio Ferdinand on 21:15 - Jul 17 by sdm1508

Harry just said on his interview that he is looking to play 3 at the back this season. Ferdinand, hopefully Caulker and one other. So with this new info how do you think or would like us to line up

Just seen that too. Simpson and Yun / Traore as wing backs with Ned / Rio / Caulker would be great.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rio Ferdinand on 21:20 - Jul 17 with 1543 viewsYorkRanger

Let's not forget 12 months ago people on here were moaning about Signing Richard Dunne
Rio Ferdinand on 21:21 - Jul 17 with 1534 viewsGloucs_R

Rio Ferdinand on 21:20 - Jul 17 by YorkRanger

Let's not forget 12 months ago people on here were moaning about Signing Richard Dunne

and before that Ryan Nelsen.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rio Ferdinand on 21:25 - Jul 17 with 1501 viewssdm1508

In his early career Ferdinand was a ball playing centre back that would come out with the ball. I think this is what Harry wants. Two stoppers and then Rio playing a bit deeper sweeping up and organising the back line and bring out the ball and building from the back. I think if we keep Remy he will play 352 with Austin along side Remy. If Remy goes maybe 343 with Austin up top with maybe Phillips and hoilett/traore just behind.
Rio Ferdinand on 21:36 - Jul 17 with 1416 viewsessextaxiboy

Rio Ferdinand on 21:15 - Jul 17 by sdm1508

Green
Simpson Onouha Ferdinand Caulker Young

Barton

Phillips Morrison(or another) Traore

Austin
Rio Ferdinand on 21:49 - Jul 17 with 1342 viewsCHUBBS

Rio Ferdinand on 21:20 - Jul 17 by YorkRanger

Some were still moaning vociferously with regards to playing Dunne late into the season even though he'd been one of our best players.
Its typical of todays fans who can't help but turn on a player as soon as he hits a poor spell of form.
I'm not overly happy with this signing but its only a year so we must have learnt something.
However if we're paying him 50 grand a week,we must be absolutely barking!
Rio Ferdinand on 22:08 - Jul 17 with 1248 viewsQPR1882

Dunne and Ferdinads pace against the likes of RVP
Rio Ferdinand on 22:12 - Jul 17 with 1217 viewsMatch82

Rio Ferdinand on 21:49 - Jul 17 by CHUBBS

Some were still moaning vociferously with regards to playing Dunne late into the season even though he'd been one of our best players.
Its typical of todays fans who can't help but turn on a player as soon as he hits a poor spell of form.
I'm not overly happy with this signing but its only a year so we must have learnt something.
However if we're paying him 50 grand a week,we must be absolutely barking!

Dunne was superb at the beginning of the season but poor in the second half. I think it was perfectly acceptable to question whether he should be playing during that extended spell of poor form.

I'm actually warming to the Ferdinand signing, as long as we now supplement this with youth.
Rio Ferdinand on 22:15 - Jul 17 with 1204 viewsdaveB

Rio Ferdinand on 20:51 - Jul 17 by Pommyhoop

Redknapp added: “During his time at Manchester United, he was the best defender in Europe, if not the world'.

GODS HOLY TROUSERS!!!

He's right though, a few years back there wasn't a better defender than him in Europe
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024