Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. 00:37 - Sep 4 with 17426 viewsNov77

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-step-up-pursuit-of-40000-capacity-stadium

And website......

http://www.new-queens-park.co.uk

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 08:21 - Sep 4 with 7840 viewsconnell10

so the new stadium will have 4o thousand seat when most fans said 30 thousand, so much for listening to fans!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 08:32 - Sep 4 with 7817 viewsMrSheen

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 08:21 - Sep 4 by connell10

so the new stadium will have 4o thousand seat when most fans said 30 thousand, so much for listening to fans!

If you don't ask, you won't get.

Front page lead in today's City AM.

http://www.cityam.com/1409794465/wormwood-scrubbed-6bn-plan-kick
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 08:35 - Sep 4 with 7808 viewsWokingR

You have to hope that serious discussions and contact with Car Giant are ongoing because otherwise this sense of just ploughing on regardless and steamrollering them is likely to put their backs up even further and lead to more than the shot across the bows we have already had from them.
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 08:43 - Sep 4 with 7777 viewsNorthernr

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 08:21 - Sep 4 by connell10

We're miles and miles and miles away from the point where we have to set the capacity of the thing. The club hasn't decided on that yet. We don't even own the land yet so I think it's a bit premature to worry about how big it will be etc.
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 09:06 - Sep 4 with 7707 viewsrsonist

"For as long as anyone can remember, Old Oak has been a place you go around: a large patch of unsightly and under used land.

We think to it could be so much more."

Ah, nothing says competent and professional social planning like mangled grammar.
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 09:57 - Sep 4 with 7576 viewsLadbrokeGrover

This is all positive news but what about the training ground? You know, the place where the players, coaches, manager (I hope), youth teams, fitness coaches etc spend most of their time. The really fu@king important place!!!!

Not saying the stadium isn't important but come on, our currant training ground is shocking by all accounts.....
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:05 - Sep 4 with 7545 viewsTHEBUSH

Think 35,000 capacity stadium would be fine, based on our Wembley fanbase.
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:10 - Sep 4 with 7525 viewsDevonWhite

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:05 - Sep 4 by THEBUSH

Think 35,000 capacity stadium would be fine, based on our Wembley fanbase.

How? We won't be playing a playoff final every week. We've always taken big numbers to Wembley over the years and that whole time we've failed to regularly sell out Loftus Road.
Login to get fewer ads

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:14 - Sep 4 with 7512 viewsconnell10

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 08:43 - Sep 4 by Northernr

We're miles and miles and miles away from the point where we have to set the capacity of the thing. The club hasn't decided on that yet. We don't even own the land yet so I think it's a bit premature to worry about how big it will be etc.

well on the website it states 40 thousand , im thinking maybe "IF" the stadium is ever built this is what tf and co want the stadium to hold! 30 thousand would be more than enough for us!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:16 - Sep 4 with 7503 viewsMichael_Hunt

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 09:57 - Sep 4 by LadbrokeGrover

This is all positive news but what about the training ground? You know, the place where the players, coaches, manager (I hope), youth teams, fitness coaches etc spend most of their time. The really fu@king important place!!!!

Not saying the stadium isn't important but come on, our currant training ground is shocking by all accounts.....

O c'mon, you don't honestly believe that TF et al are really pumping millions into QPR just for the love of football do you?

Developing the training facilities is just a SMALL part of their long term ambitions and benefits the club solely; whereas the NQP project will make £b's for them personally.
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:18 - Sep 4 with 7496 viewsNorthernr

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:14 - Sep 4 by connell10

well on the website it states 40 thousand , im thinking maybe "IF" the stadium is ever built this is what tf and co want the stadium to hold! 30 thousand would be more than enough for us!

There was a meeting last night where Mark Donnelly was asked about the capacity and I'm just relaying what he said - long way off having to decide that, between 30 and 40k, definitely not decided yet.

The biggest problem we have at the moment is that 45 acres of the land we want to build on is owned by Car Giant. They have their own development plans, or they could move the car lot somewhere else and sell it for residential development themselves. QPR are not currently in discussions with Car Giant about buying the land after previous talks broke down.

Let's get past that issue before we start worrying about how many seats there will be or which stand is going to be named after Alan McDonald. You can't build anything unless you own the land.
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:21 - Sep 4 with 7466 viewstimcocking

I like the name New Queen's Park.
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:22 - Sep 4 with 7472 viewsRangersw12

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:18 - Sep 4 by Northernr

There was a meeting last night where Mark Donnelly was asked about the capacity and I'm just relaying what he said - long way off having to decide that, between 30 and 40k, definitely not decided yet.

The biggest problem we have at the moment is that 45 acres of the land we want to build on is owned by Car Giant. They have their own development plans, or they could move the car lot somewhere else and sell it for residential development themselves. QPR are not currently in discussions with Car Giant about buying the land after previous talks broke down.

Let's get past that issue before we start worrying about how many seats there will be or which stand is going to be named after Alan McDonald. You can't build anything unless you own the land.

Will the meeting minutes be published at some point or was it an unofficial meeting ?
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:39 - Sep 4 with 7392 viewsJamie

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:14 - Sep 4 by connell10

QPR will be in all likelihood a very, very small part of the business.

QPR might not be able to sell out 40k, but One direction can.
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:42 - Sep 4 with 7391 viewsLadbrokeGrover

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:16 - Sep 4 by Michael_Hunt

O c'mon, you don't honestly believe that TF et al are really pumping millions into QPR just for the love of football do you?

Developing the training facilities is just a SMALL part of their long term ambitions and benefits the club solely; whereas the NQP project will make £b's for them personally.

No I don't believe they are doing it for the love of football but I certainly don't believe they are building a new 30, 35 or 40k stadium and half fill it every home game. And it will be half empty if we are not a successful team. as much as it pains me to say it, staying in the Premier League is deemed as successful even if you are bumming around mid to low table season after season. So we need the ground to be full every home game and that means having a successful team. The training ground is one of the most important parts of that.
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:44 - Sep 4 with 7378 viewsIrishR

Alot of IFs but I dont see the issue with the 40k Stadium, our survival in the top leagues is based on increasing our fanbase. What the team does on the pitch in the next 4-5 years will determine that. Some dont like to welcome new fans as unless they have a QPR history but fact is to survive we need to attract new faces just like the Koreans at Loftus road. If we are stable in the prem after 5 years while at the same time improving the team and maybe a marquee signing or so theres no reason why we cant have closer to 40k we think it currently possible. With a bigger stadium maybe the season ticket prices will initially decrease and attract more people to go. We have the fanbase if we can just get them to come out of the woodwork. Cheaper prices and much improved transport will get a few more back but as mentioned most is down to what we see on the pitch. Man City had a core following of about 25k in the past and now are getting 48k.
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:47 - Sep 4 with 7369 viewsjonno

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:21 - Sep 4 by timcocking

Does that mean we'll become "New Queens Park Rangers"?
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:59 - Sep 4 with 7328 viewsQPR_John

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:10 - Sep 4 by DevonWhite

How? We won't be playing a playoff final every week. We've always taken big numbers to Wembley over the years and that whole time we've failed to regularly sell out Loftus Road.

You may well have a case but another way to look at it is that in the last two seasons in the premier league we had an occupancy of 96% and last year it was 92%. I wonder how many of those "extra" seats were very restricted view. You have to ask if the stadium was better would we get more in.
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 11:02 - Sep 4 with 7312 viewsdaveB

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 09:57 - Sep 4 by LadbrokeGrover

I don't think the new training ground will happen, Fernandes has spoken a lot recently about it not being essential anymore
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 11:02 - Sep 4 with 7311 viewsTheBlob

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:59 - Sep 4 by QPR_John

You may well have a case but another way to look at it is that in the last two seasons in the premier league we had an occupancy of 96% and last year it was 92%. I wonder how many of those "extra" seats were very restricted view. You have to ask if the stadium was better would we get more in.

Also a blind assumption that the occupants of the new housing will attend?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 11:02 - Sep 4 with 7308 viewsDylanP

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9455549/premier-league-qpr-take-ne

Not much new on that link.

Its funny how people get stuck on one detail and won't let go:

--"40K is much too big, we need 30K!! Grrrr" -- They are just announcing the initial consultations. There are no plans. When there are plans (in about a year) then its worth commenting/worrying on the details of the plan.

-- "What about the training ground. That is much more important. Grrrr!" The training ground and the ground are two completely different projects. They are being conducted on different tracks. They thought they had a plan for the Training Ground, but a bunch of NIMBYs put up so many road blocks that it wasn't worth pursuing. They tried very hard, but it a project that should have been done in months was dragging on for years. Eventually, they had to choose between waiting to invest in a holistic solution (meanwhile leaving the lads training in substandard facilities) or investing resources in the existing facilities to bring them up to a more decent standard (still not where we'd want to be) immediately. They are clearly not going to plough loads of money into a location we are about to leave. But in the end, the waiting was affecting the lads, so they decided to stop waiting and make do with the location we have. If you wanna be mad, be mad at the NIMBYs for ruining a perfectly good plan. Either way, t has nothing to do with the stadium plans.

All these latest plans tell us is that things are moving forward. That is a good sign but not worth reading too much into. There are so many more steps in the process and so many more potential roadblocks and pitfalls that we might as well just wait and see.

And here is one I love: "See, I told you they are only in it for the money. Grrrrr!" Are you kidding me? The money? They haven't even broken ground and you begrudge them the possibility that if this wild dream comes to fruition they will make some money off it. Apart from the obvious fact that they have already sunk tens of millions into the club (could be as much as hundreds of millions) without any guarantee of that coming back, This plan is in its infancy. It will take billions to complete and lots of cash-flow. These sorts of plans sometimes make lots of money, but sometimes make developers bankrupt. lets wait and see. And if it makes them rich, well that is OK coz you have to speculate to accumulate, right?!?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 11:04 - Sep 4 with 7298 viewsnadera78

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:21 - Sep 4 by timcocking

I don't. Not in the slightest. Sticking 'new' in front of something sounds naff, and betrays a lack of imagination.

On the feedback form located on that website I've suggested St Jude's. It carries the club's history, it has weight to it, and I don't think there's anywhere else with that name in this country.
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 11:10 - Sep 4 with 7266 viewsDWQPR

If Fulham getting into the PL from a much lower base than we did and started selling 26,000 each week, then there is no reason why we cannot emulate and surpass those figures. 40,000 is a capacity that will be achievable in the long run not only for football but also for other areas of entertainment. One of the reasons that Philip Beard was appointed at CEO was his experience in developing the O2 into what it is today. As supporters we will only look at our interests and not the wider part of the business.

Also speaking with a client, who is a regional director for a major building firm and whose area covers the west London area, he does not think that Cargiant will be the issue that Cargiant themselves think they are. Maybe Rangers have stopped talking to them, because frankly they don't need to negotiate, with the backing that they seem to have from the councils and the GLA. Maybe it is time to be positive about the club. TF has made many mistakes during his tenure, however, you cannot mask his enthusiasm for QPR, which maybe sometimes he should reign in, but he does come across as a decent man and an honest man.

Sure the development of OOC is the big goal both for him and the Mittals, nobody will dispute that and Rangers are the catalyst for making that happen, but, maybe, just maybe it will not only secure the long term future of the club but also catapult them into a position where they can then start to compete in the PL rather than survive.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 11:12 - Sep 4 with 7258 viewsNorthernr

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 11:10 - Sep 4 by DWQPR

If Fulham getting into the PL from a much lower base than we did and started selling 26,000 each week, then there is no reason why we cannot emulate and surpass those figures. 40,000 is a capacity that will be achievable in the long run not only for football but also for other areas of entertainment. One of the reasons that Philip Beard was appointed at CEO was his experience in developing the O2 into what it is today. As supporters we will only look at our interests and not the wider part of the business.

Also speaking with a client, who is a regional director for a major building firm and whose area covers the west London area, he does not think that Cargiant will be the issue that Cargiant themselves think they are. Maybe Rangers have stopped talking to them, because frankly they don't need to negotiate, with the backing that they seem to have from the councils and the GLA. Maybe it is time to be positive about the club. TF has made many mistakes during his tenure, however, you cannot mask his enthusiasm for QPR, which maybe sometimes he should reign in, but he does come across as a decent man and an honest man.

Sure the development of OOC is the big goal both for him and the Mittals, nobody will dispute that and Rangers are the catalyst for making that happen, but, maybe, just maybe it will not only secure the long term future of the club but also catapult them into a position where they can then start to compete in the PL rather than survive.

Problem is, drop out of the Premier League, and those 8,000 newbies who saw your Premier League tickets advertised on the side of a bus, aren't so keen on watching you play Millwall at home - see Craven Cottage attendance figures this season.
David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 11:14 - Sep 4 with 7247 viewsNorthernr

David McIntyre update on the Old Oak development. on 10:22 - Sep 4 by Rangersw12

Will the meeting minutes be published at some point or was it an unofficial meeting ?

They invited a few people down who have communication channels - websites, podcasts, LSA, QPR 1st etc - to outline plans for the consultation and ask for help in getting the message out there.

There are six public exhibitions coming up where supporters and residents can go along, see the plans, ask questions etc. Last night was just to get those of us who have communication channels along so that we can use those channels to tell everybody about the events and, obviously the club hope, drum up a bit of support.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024