Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR get fair play ruling warning 14:24 - Sep 9 with 12793 viewsbosh67

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9462258/harvey-issues-fair

Football League Chief Executive Shaun Harvey has warned QPR they will take action if they have broken the Financial Fair Play rules.

Obviously as Shaun Harvey says, if this does happen, Tony will defend it. It does seem amazing though. Man Utd spend £60m on one player and spend £350k a week on another player's 'tax free' wages and we are in the firing line for getting done.

It is easy to have a go at Shaun Harvey, the guy is just doing his job, but his statement at the end that the league have to have integrity seems to be absolutely laughable. The Premiership is simply about the top 4 teams and their welfare, the rest don't have an even playing field. That is why the Championship for me is much better. Teams like us can actually win it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 14:35 - Sep 9 with 5379 viewsQPR_ARG

But those rules take other things into consideration, right?

If we compare with Man Utd, for example, it's fair to say they are spending within their budget (considering the massive revenue channels that they have).

What about the % of money spent over money earned?

That must be the decisive factor, I'd imagine.

No?
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 14:36 - Sep 9 with 5365 viewshoof_hearted

Fulham seem to have adopted the correct approach to comply with the new rules. Spend a poop load on a donkey and stay down until you go bust.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 14:43 - Sep 9 with 5331 viewsNorthernr

That will rumble on through the courts for ages. QPR will argue that they were forced to honour contracts given out to people like SWP without relegation clauses at a time when the FFP laws didn't exist and therefore it's unfair that we should be punished.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 14:45 - Sep 9 with 5307 viewshoof_hearted

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 14:43 - Sep 9 by Northernr

That will rumble on through the courts for ages. QPR will argue that they were forced to honour contracts given out to people like SWP without relegation clauses at a time when the FFP laws didn't exist and therefore it's unfair that we should be punished.

..and I make that argument correct so we'll win the case.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 14:49 - Sep 9 with 5283 viewsNov77

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/09/queens-park-rangers-football-lea

"QPR ‘could be relegated to Conference’ unless they pay £40m FFP fine............."
[Post edited 9 Sep 2014 14:53]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 14:58 - Sep 9 with 5246 viewshoof_hearted

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 14:49 - Sep 9 by Nov77

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/09/queens-park-rangers-football-lea

"QPR ‘could be relegated to Conference’ unless they pay £40m FFP fine............."

Sabre rattling.

I would imagine that if they go after us and we win solely because the rules were introduced without giving fair time to adjust then they have good grounds to go after clubs without that excuse in future.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 15:05 - Sep 9 with 5212 viewshovehoop

That seems like a reasonable defence. Though presumably we'd need to be compliant once the rules did come into play? So we may have to show financial activity was limited in light of existing financial commitments to players wages and otherwise.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 15:06 - Sep 9 with 5199 viewsNorthernr

Fcking hell that's a bit of a stretch for a headline isn't it.

I wonder if Shaun Harvey or the Guardian fancy taking my bet of £10,000 that we won't be relegated to the Conference over this?
Login to get fewer ads

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 15:07 - Sep 9 with 5175 viewsHollowayRanger

id quite like to do a rangers and start in conference

swp might even get a game

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 15:16 - Sep 9 with 5146 viewsJAPRANGERS

Never a dull moment with us. One mother of a court case coming up. Gonna be interesting. If we lose, we may be playing Luton in the conf then??
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 15:18 - Sep 9 with 5131 viewsJAPRANGERS

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 15:07 - Sep 9 by HollowayRanger

id quite like to do a rangers and start in conference

swp might even get a game

steady on Holloway. SWP wouldn't even get a game for a ladies Sunday knitting team.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 16:05 - Sep 9 with 4987 viewsDWQPR

Once again this shows that FFP is there to protect the bigger clubs, be it in Europe, the PL and even the football league. The whole system is a joke. The clubs that went down last season are automatically in a better position than those who went down the previous season because of greater TV revenue. In addition to this what you will start to see come January and the next transfer window is at least half a dozen teams trying to offload players for fear of falling foul of the league's FFP rules. Love to see TF take this all the way to the highest courts and get the whole thing destroyed. It will eventually have the effect of killing off clubs rather than saving them as anyone who may wish to invest in a football club will not see any point because their spending plans would be severely curbed.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 16:10 - Sep 9 with 4959 viewspaulparker

good luck implementing that

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 16:24 - Sep 9 with 4889 viewsToast_R

Just shows how Savvy Chelsea have been stock piling all those players for years and loaning them out.
28M for Lukauku who I can't remember playing once in a Chelsea shirt, David Luiz 50M and I'm sure there's others they've sold off. Gives them serious bunce to spend whilst still making a profit.

I do wonder if QPR are trying to follow a similar idea on a smaller scale with the likes of Donaldson, Yun and the young man from Liverpool.

Can’t see it being quite so effective mind.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2014 16:29]
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 16:33 - Sep 9 with 4833 viewskropotkin41

It's a good league, The Conference, I'm looking forward to it............ and SWP will have found his natural level.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 17:01 - Sep 9 with 4720 viewsHAYESBOY

Fck em. Sposor the toilets brushes for 200m.....sorted.

Smells like a trout farm in here

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 17:06 - Sep 9 with 4688 viewsRANGERS4EVER

The FFP is so flawed in every way. Would be a good idea if used properly

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 17:13 - Sep 9 with 4654 viewsNov77

It's all over the papers now, why can't we go more than a few months without one of these stories emerging.

TF has just added another net £20m to our debt in this transfer window. Anyone believe he really knows what he's doing?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 17:13 - Sep 9 with 4652 viewsN12Hoop

I'm no lawyer, and no doubt the League have taken advice, but FPP seems to fly in the face of European law around freedom of competition. The fact the clubs are forced to sign up to it makes it worse. I simply cannot see how the European courts would enforce a rule that gives unfair advantages to certain businesses (Man U etc) and discriminates against clubs with aspirations. Ignoring the rights and wrongs of saddling the club with debt, these rules need challenging and the League need to be told to F Off.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 17:27 - Sep 9 with 4608 viewsadhoc_qpr

Interesting times!

No doubt we'll get hammered and then the rules will change to be more fair in future.

The whole thing seems pretty ill-considered, didn't they only change the rule to be a fine payable to charity at the last minute as well?

Also i have no doubt our finances have been moving in the right direction for at least the last 18 months, seems counter-intuitive to then ruin that with a £40m fine applied due to older accounts.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 17:35 - Sep 9 with 4568 viewsLblock

Minefield.

EU restrictions of trade conflict, employment law conflicts etc, etc.
It's all there to have a bus driven through it... BUT!

I totally agree with spending caps as we are perilously close to being another Pompey if/once football eats itself.
Bit by bit, pound by pound, the essence of the game is dying

Sad

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 18:07 - Sep 9 with 4467 viewsbarbicanranger

If you asked 100 people to define FFP rules for football you'd get 100 different answers - to define FFP as a club can only spend what it brings in - does not in my mind sound fair particularly when those tops clubs with the largest revenues have spent the last decade outside of FFP regulation building empires that are now untouchable. If you really wanted to implement an FFP you'd be better off adopting fantasy football rules and saying each team has a limit of this on salaries and this on player purchases and then see how you get on FFS.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 18:11 - Sep 9 with 4447 viewsdaveB

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 17:13 - Sep 9 by Nov77

It's all over the papers now, why can't we go more than a few months without one of these stories emerging.

TF has just added another net £20m to our debt in this transfer window. Anyone believe he really knows what he's doing?

isn't it about year on year losses so debt doesn't really mean anything.

All seems like a lot of speculation when no one knows how much the fine is, no one knows who elseis going to fail (Leicester City) and no one knows if we are going to pay if we fail or not. Apart from that it's a brilliant story
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 18:17 - Sep 9 with 4415 viewsShotKneesHoop

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 14:45 - Sep 9 by hoof_hearted

..and I make that argument correct so we'll win the case.

I think we should ask for our money back for that load of wasters we bought two / three years ago.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 18:38 - Sep 9 with 4349 viewsbosh67

This season is worth £120m to us allegedly. Our spend balance on new signings is +£16m and our salary cap has gone down. I think, I may be wrong, that we still have about £30m from the parachute payments we were paid, so although £50m would be a big dent we would be able to survive paying it.

Either that or next year's season tickets will be £25K a hit. About £800 a game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024