Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ok who would you choose as manager ? 11:30 - Jan 11 with 16237 viewsHollowayRanger

and try to keep it real!

unlikely to get in someone who's already got a job unless they are lower than championship playoffs ( I mean howe for instance why would he want to come here!)

so try to keep I real out of work managers ,club no 2's and ones lower then playoff places in championship ,same with overseas managers

me id choose Warnock and tell him to tell it how it is ,would get best out of taarabt who would be like a new signing,wouldnt take less than 100% from players and would call them gutless and is best man to get us back up if needed

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 21:04 - Jan 11 with 2379 viewsPunteR

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 20:48 - Jan 11 by Gloucs_R

Personally I would like to see:

Steve McLaren - wont leave Derby though at this stage of the season
Kenny Jackett - coming around to the idea of having someone who understands what we are about and had been the hard graft in lower down the pyramid
Laudrup - not sure of we could get him in but genuinely think he could get the best out of the squad we have
Paul Clement - not sure we have much chance of getting him
Frank Rijkaard - not currently employed, last post was with Saudi national team

Agree on Jackett in the championship,i just don't see as a prem manager.
I would definitely take Maclaren but i cant see him coming here again unfortunately.
Dont know much on Clement apart from the family ties.
Laudrup seems to have a massive ego and looks after no1. I don't think he'll be committed to us for the long term.
Forgot about Rijkaard, could be a good shout.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 21:08 - Jan 11 with 2369 viewsCiderwithRsie

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 14:04 - Jan 11 by OutintheOrne

If he'd take it Gerry Francis, don't think he's gone to WBA with Pulis and he won't want to work with Pardew. He'd work well with Les and knows what we are.

In all seriousness, this is the only option I'd take right now.

Changing manager in mid season with the transfer window about to clang shut is a recipe for landing ourselves with a bloody liability same as we have right now.

Gerry is the only bloke I can think of who

[a] has any credibility as a manager, *and*

might be willing to actually do the thing out of love for the club, probably on a caretaker basis to the end of the season. [I wouldn't mind him staying on, but I doubt he'd want the grief.]

He gets a lot of stick for his second spell at the club but fact is he took over Harford's doomed shambles and kept us up in his first season, largely by organising the shower of sh*te he inherited to do some of the basics right. Because he is two things that Redknapp has never been and never will be: committed to QPR, and a coach.
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 21:12 - Jan 11 with 2358 viewsRaymond

Gerry Francis
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 21:24 - Jan 11 with 2323 viewsCiderwithRsie

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 19:40 - Jan 11 by daveB

What do we want in a new manager? If it's another short term fix who might work or might not then understand the calls for Warnock and Francis although why anyone would ant Francis after the job he did last time is beyond me. If you want someone to build a club for the next few years then both are baffling suggestions.

As I've partly said above, I don't agree that Francis did a terrible job last time.

1. Kept us up first season when we looked doomed
2. Signed Crouch and Clarke Carlisle for peanuts.
3. Got a stack of goals out of Stuart Wardley, godhelpus, again signed for almost literally peanuts
4. Signed Rob Steiner, who was more than decent at that level.

OK so we went down next season, but only after Carlisle and Steiner had both been ruled out for most of the season with identical injuries, at a time when we had less than no money so couldn't replace them. Where would Uncle Harry be if Rob Green and Charlie Austin were both out for the season and there was no money to sign a replacement? As completely f*cked as Gerry was, that's where.

I'm not saying he was great, I'm just saying that any manager in that financial position and inheriting that squad was more than likely to go down and at least Francis put it off one season. Even then he did us the favour of recommending Holloway as successor in place of Dowie, and he was dead right there too.
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 21:26 - Jan 11 with 2320 viewsted_hendrix

Although he's probably dead I'd give Norway's King Earl Haakon Sigurdsson son of Sigurd Haakonsson and Bergljot Toresdatter a go.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 21:46 - Jan 11 with 2292 viewsdaveB

Francis hasn't managed a team since 2001, i know he was good in the 90's but he shouldn't be anywhere near the managers position if Redknapp was to go
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 21:53 - Jan 11 with 2281 viewsWeaverQPR

Paulo Sousa and his snappy suits

@WeavQPR

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 22:12 - Jan 11 with 2240 viewsBucksRanger

Luciano Spalletti.
Login to get fewer ads

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 22:15 - Jan 11 with 2235 viewsRaymond

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 21:46 - Jan 11 by daveB

Francis hasn't managed a team since 2001, i know he was good in the 90's but he shouldn't be anywhere near the managers position if Redknapp was to go

He's around players every single day. You don't lose knowledge & how to handle & guide players.

You've either got it or you ain't!
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 01:26 - Jan 12 with 2147 viewsQPR_ARG

Just to continue going on record on this: ALEJANDRO SABELLA.
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 01:42 - Jan 12 with 2142 viewsWilloW4

My local postman... Brian.. He's a nice man, supported R's for years...!!
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 03:14 - Jan 12 with 2121 viewsFredManRave

Fcuk it. Let's just get it over and done with and get Paul Lambert in so we can complete the trifecta of having had the three most depressing, uninspirational managers who've all had successful personality bypass operations in succession.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 04:18 - Jan 12 with 2103 viewsJAPRANGERS

Surprised nobody has suggested the illustrious, the magnificent, the Count of Monte Cristo :

Or if you don't like the above dude, how about:

Clive -- Great football brain
Disco--Keep us amused and rolling in the aisles
Holloway-- Increase our lesbian support base
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 07:28 - Jan 12 with 2060 viewsdaveB

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 22:15 - Jan 11 by Raymond

He's around players every single day. You don't lose knowledge & how to handle & guide players.

You've either got it or you ain't!

He looked like he had lost it last time, did a bloody terrible job.
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 07:49 - Jan 12 with 2040 viewsJonDoeman

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 21:53 - Jan 11 by WeaverQPR

Paulo Sousa and his snappy suits

...& his great hair!

It Is What It Is !!

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 09:36 - Jan 12 with 2002 viewsnadera78

What this club needs is a young, progressive, hungry manager who will see QPR as a step forward and want to be here for at least five years in a bid to build a club and a reputation. BUT, the truth is that no-one like that would even consider coming here because the club is a basket case that prioritises all the wrong things (big names and media attention) and disregards the stuff it should be focusing on (facilities, structure, development).

Besides which, we have owners who have two simple aims: short term to use our club to promote their Asian businesses and, long term, make a fortune from property development.
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 09:58 - Jan 12 with 1986 viewsTheBlob

Marcelo Bielsa.
Dennis Bergkamp.
Or John Still if we're aiming for the Conference.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 10:20 - Jan 12 with 1972 viewsDWQPR

In all seriousness I would go for Sherwood. Happy to go with the yoof, says it how he sees it, got Adeybayor playing for him last season, (could do the same with Adel), and despite some of his oddball behaviour got Spuds playing some decent football and winning matches after the disaster that was AVB.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 10:43 - Jan 12 with 1951 viewsTHEBUSH

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 21:12 - Jan 11 by Raymond

Gerry Francis

I would like to see Gerry brought in as our defensive coach, which he did for Pulis at the Palace and Stoke.

Redknapp ain't got a clue about coaching players, maybe with Hoddle and Francis we stand a chance ?
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 10:55 - Jan 12 with 1936 viewsactonman

I take it that useless cretin is still here then ? Or should I say laying up in his cosy south coast mansion watching reruns of the Portsmouth fa cup season DVD to see who he could get in on transfer deadline day !

Seriously , I think we are at the same point we where after the west ham game and can look forward to a good performance v man utd resulting in 0 points and another 4 months of this clown !
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 11:02 - Jan 12 with 1928 viewsadhoc_qpr

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 10:20 - Jan 12 by DWQPR

In all seriousness I would go for Sherwood. Happy to go with the yoof, says it how he sees it, got Adeybayor playing for him last season, (could do the same with Adel), and despite some of his oddball behaviour got Spuds playing some decent football and winning matches after the disaster that was AVB.

Sherwood is just a younger version of Redknapp, no tactical insight or strategy at all.

He may get a brief new manager bump in results, but i seriously doubt he has the nous to extract the best from our unbalanced squad.
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 11:20 - Jan 12 with 1901 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Ryan Nelsen young enough?
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 11:21 - Jan 12 with 1901 viewsjc67

Not a fan of manager merry go rounds and until the last couple of weeks would have settled for Redknapp to see out the season. But the dropped points v Palace and Swansea, the debacle v Sheffield Utd and the fact that Palace and Albion are picking up under new management make me think again.
But, the thought of Colin returning leaves me cold. As I said on here before Redknapp's appointment I would welcome a pairing of Clive Allen and Les Ferdinand. We need managers with the club in their soul and would rather see someone forging a career than propping one up.
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 11:47 - Jan 12 with 1875 viewsTheBlob

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 11:21 - Jan 12 by jc67

Not a fan of manager merry go rounds and until the last couple of weeks would have settled for Redknapp to see out the season. But the dropped points v Palace and Swansea, the debacle v Sheffield Utd and the fact that Palace and Albion are picking up under new management make me think again.
But, the thought of Colin returning leaves me cold. As I said on here before Redknapp's appointment I would welcome a pairing of Clive Allen and Les Ferdinand. We need managers with the club in their soul and would rather see someone forging a career than propping one up.

Last time I heard Les doing punditry on tv was a Spuds game recently where he kept saying "we".Clive Allen with similar utterances when supposedly non - affiliated.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 11:49 - Jan 12 with 1868 viewsWeaverQPR

Ah Les 'Tony's man on the ground' Ferdinand with zilch experience in anything yet given the run of the club.

@WeavQPR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024