Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk - Coward 17:02 - Jan 17 with 39163 views_

Sat down the whole game hiding and this defending without the ball bollocks needs to stop and now.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Monk - Coward on 10:42 - Jan 18 with 1355 viewsMattG

Monk - Coward on 09:40 - Jan 18 by _

Let's not get carried away with the term coward here, it was deliberately used for emotion. It's very true, however that Monk hid away all game, I'm sorry but that was cowardly and he knows it. There was no direction from management and certainly no direction on the pitch itself. Now you'd think Monk who likes to teach his players everything and to get them to play the way he wants them to play, to play like he used to play would've been up and at them pretty much as soon as he saw them crumbling in front of his very eyes....you know like he is every game, in his technical area with instruction.

The sycophants on this site are now just comical. The Swans never have a bad game and Monk can do no wrong. We didn't put one single creative move together yesterday and the performance should never ever be tried to be justified, not in any single shape or form. Regardless of the much superior players Chelsea have our performance was shocking and Monk should be shouldering the whole blame.

This could knock us back tremendously coming after Bony's departure. I know we've got players coming back but we've probably got players that aren't exactly happy either. We've got to deal with the Jon Jo situation, Taylor, keep Gylfi happy now he's lost the guy he linked up so well with and we need a good, solid centre DM and quick.

Lisa asked who my side would've been.

I would've gone with

------------- Fab -----------------

Rangel - Fede - Ash - Taylor

---------Carroll - Fulton ----------

Emnes - Siggy - Routledge .

------------ Gomis -------------

Agree with most of that, including the team (although I might have gone for Barrow rather than Emnes) but don't agree that Monk should shoulder 100% of the blame. He certainly has to take his share but so do the players. My point that there were no changes at H/T and yet the players improved in the second half suggests they knew that too.
Monk - Coward on 10:47 - Jan 18 with 1332 viewsDarran

Monk - Coward on 10:42 - Jan 18 by MattG

Agree with most of that, including the team (although I might have gone for Barrow rather than Emnes) but don't agree that Monk should shoulder 100% of the blame. He certainly has to take his share but so do the players. My point that there were no changes at H/T and yet the players improved in the second half suggests they knew that too.

So how would that team have done any better then and do you agree with him where he said we didn't put one creative move together yesterday?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 10:54]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk - Coward on 10:52 - Jan 18 with 1313 viewsperchrockjack

Its huge Rog as if we perform like that at Ewood it will affect how we play in the next league games.

Seeing chrisssy s post about us being apparently "skint" has freaked me out because if we are then its curtains as we ve been in the top level before before going skint led by a Board that is incompetent.

So an even more unpleasant Sunday.

Thanks

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Monk - Coward on 10:52 - Jan 18 with 1313 views_

Monk - Coward on 10:42 - Jan 18 by MattG

Emnes deserved his place after his recent showings. That's the way it should be. Play well, play yourself into a position. Barrow hasn't earned that yet and is very lightweight. I'm not sure about him at the moment and I think we're all surprised he's seeing so much EPL action, I'm not sure he's got the guile.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Monk - Coward on 10:57 - Jan 18 with 1295 views_

Monk - Coward on 10:47 - Jan 18 by Darran

So how would that team have done any better then and do you agree with him where he said we didn't put one creative move together yesterday?

We didn't Teabag, not a one.

And football's about shape and organisation and players understanding their roles. Olivieira and Siggy were like lost sheep and only Carroll kept looking for and wanting the ball. Rangel was inexplicably dropped and we lost our shape on the right completely. Rangel gets us on the ball, he gets us moving in the right direction and keeps possssion. He makes mistakes but so does everyone. For me and if we don't bring in any other full back, Rangel should be first name on the sheet.

Monk - Coward on 11:04 - Jan 18 with 1260 viewslifelong

Monk - Coward on 10:47 - Jan 18 by Darran

We didn't have one shot on target yesterday.
Monk - Coward on 11:05 - Jan 18 with 1258 viewsswan_si

Monk - Coward on 09:40 - Jan 18 by _

Let's not get carried away with the term coward here, it was deliberately used for emotion. It's very true, however that Monk hid away all game, I'm sorry but that was cowardly and he knows it. There was no direction from management and certainly no direction on the pitch itself. Now you'd think Monk who likes to teach his players everything and to get them to play the way he wants them to play, to play like he used to play would've been up and at them pretty much as soon as he saw them crumbling in front of his very eyes....you know like he is every game, in his technical area with instruction.

The sycophants on this site are now just comical. The Swans never have a bad game and Monk can do no wrong. We didn't put one single creative move together yesterday and the performance should never ever be tried to be justified, not in any single shape or form. Regardless of the much superior players Chelsea have our performance was shocking and Monk should be shouldering the whole blame.

This could knock us back tremendously coming after Bony's departure. I know we've got players coming back but we've probably got players that aren't exactly happy either. We've got to deal with the Jon Jo situation, Taylor, keep Gylfi happy now he's lost the guy he linked up so well with and we need a good, solid centre DM and quick.

Lisa asked who my side would've been.

I would've gone with

------------- Fab -----------------

Rangel - Fede - Ash - Taylor

---------Carroll - Fulton ----------

Emnes - Siggy - Routledge .

------------ Gomis -------------

Let's not get carried away with the term coward here, it was deliberately used for emotion. It's very true, however that Monk hid away all game, I'm sorry but that was cowardly and he knows it.

when did Garry admit to this, have you been round his house again?
Monk - Coward on 11:06 - Jan 18 with 1256 viewsWitneyjack

Monk - Coward on 10:40 - Jan 18 by _

You're not much of a poster at the best of times but lately you've excelled yourself.

I don't post much anymore because of the histrionics from posters such as yourself after a performance such as yesterday. The personal attacks and digs on the manager and other posters is becoming tiresome and trying to have a well reasoned debate is almost impossible.

Did Monk get things wrong yesterday? Yes. Were we very poor yesterday? Yes. But trying to batter the manager personally as you and others do is not on. It's about time you started accepting that others may have a different opinion on things to you but that does not make them wrong, or "kaants" as you so nicely refer to them.

I'm more than happy to post and debate with people but only if it's without vitriolic personal attacks.
Login to get fewer ads

Monk - Coward on 11:07 - Jan 18 with 1251 viewsperchrockjack

If Rangel is a first name on the team sheet then it shows we have problems.

He s a warrior and a great servant for us but now nowhere near up to this level we re at.
Problem is Tiendalli is even worse.

Its a situation that should have been remedied last summer and we re paying for it now.
It IS a worry and quite where we go from here is a concern

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Monk - Coward on 11:07 - Jan 18 with 1251 viewsDarran

Monk - Coward on 10:57 - Jan 18 by _

And football's about shape and organisation and players understanding their roles. Olivieira and Siggy were like lost sheep and only Carroll kept looking for and wanting the ball. Rangel was inexplicably dropped and we lost our shape on the right completely. Rangel gets us on the ball, he gets us moving in the right direction and keeps possssion. He makes mistakes but so does everyone. For me and if we don't bring in any other full back, Rangel should be first name on the sheet.

Not even the one where we were attacking them and hit the bar at 1-0?

I agree about Rangel too if he needs resting it should have been next week,I did start a thread on here last night about Monk sending a few players away for a break and Rangel should be one of them.

Monk - Coward on 11:08 - Jan 18 with 1251 viewsdobjack2

Monk - Coward on 10:40 - Jan 18 by budegan

Is it possible that Fulton wasn't picked as being at the wrong end of a stuffing would be no good for his confidence and do him far more harm than good?

Also whether done for effect or not, calling GM a coward is out of order and I'm confident that the OP wouldn't dream of saying it to his face.

Not picking Fulton because of the opposition crossed my mind as well. However if that was the case he ain't ready for the first team and cannot be counted as part of our 6 central midfielders.

Unless he wasn't considered match fit he had to play, otherwise we were playing villareal tactics against chelsea with predictable results.

Need a defensive midfielder who can break it up and pass it simple.
Monk - Coward on 11:10 - Jan 18 with 1236 viewsshandyjack

Monk - Coward on 10:57 - Jan 18 by _

we had 12 shots on goal including hitting the crossbar soon after the first goal. Shows there was a little bit of creativity going forward

Poll: Expectation for the season

Monk - Coward on 11:10 - Jan 18 with 1234 viewsdobjack2

As for tiendelli as well, only thing I could think if was Garry showing the board I need two full backs and a defensive midfielder.
Monk - Coward on 11:11 - Jan 18 with 1227 viewsDarran

Monk - Coward on 11:10 - Jan 18 by shandyjack

we had 12 shots on goal including hitting the crossbar soon after the first goal. Shows there was a little bit of creativity going forward

That's my point.

Monk - Coward on 11:11 - Jan 18 with 1227 viewsswan_si

Monk - Coward on 11:06 - Jan 18 by Witneyjack

I don't post much anymore because of the histrionics from posters such as yourself after a performance such as yesterday. The personal attacks and digs on the manager and other posters is becoming tiresome and trying to have a well reasoned debate is almost impossible.

Did Monk get things wrong yesterday? Yes. Were we very poor yesterday? Yes. But trying to batter the manager personally as you and others do is not on. It's about time you started accepting that others may have a different opinion on things to you but that does not make them wrong, or "kaants" as you so nicely refer to them.

I'm more than happy to post and debate with people but only if it's without vitriolic personal attacks.

This,this and this again, spot on mate
Monk - Coward on 11:18 - Jan 18 with 1211 viewsAngelRangelQS

Are we really saying that playing Jay Fulton would have made any real difference yesterday against a midfield that throughout the course of the afternoon contained Fabregas, Oscar, Willian, Ramires and Matic?
Monk - Coward on 11:19 - Jan 18 with 1207 viewsDarran

Monk - Coward on 11:18 - Jan 18 by AngelRangelQS

Are we really saying that playing Jay Fulton would have made any real difference yesterday against a midfield that throughout the course of the afternoon contained Fabregas, Oscar, Willian, Ramires and Matic?

Hehe.

Monk - Coward on 11:32 - Jan 18 with 1179 viewsmax936

Monk - Coward on 19:52 - Jan 17 by londonlisa2001

It was shapeless. But who would you have picked given the players available?

I looked at the squad today, thought it looked dreadful, but couldn't really think what I'd do instead. Possibly play Amat / Bartley / one of the CBs in midfield (whichever would be best at doing that) but that would be awful as well.

Our squad was bare. As I said in another thread, why we didn't bring someone in in midfield with Ki away and JJS out for 4 matches God only knows, but given that we didn't, who would you have played?

Perhaps Monk was making a point to the board, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, maybe Monk wants certain things, but the board won't sanction it, he showed a lack of motivation yesterday that's for sure, apart from Fabianski and maybe Taylor we were as poor as I've seen us for many a year. Many of the players were just going through the motions, people around me were picking on Dyer constantly, but Routledge deserves his share of criticism as well, but we can't single anyone out for yesterdays performance in fairness, our midfield was non existent and I really didn't see the point of putting young Fulton on, I bet the poor boy hardly slept last night, it was totally unfair to put him on, imo.

Chelsea were great, but we've played far better than yesterday against them in the past.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Monk - Coward on 11:41 - Jan 18 with 1159 viewslifelong

Monk - Coward on 11:32 - Jan 18 by max936

Perhaps Monk was making a point to the board, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, maybe Monk wants certain things, but the board won't sanction it, he showed a lack of motivation yesterday that's for sure, apart from Fabianski and maybe Taylor we were as poor as I've seen us for many a year. Many of the players were just going through the motions, people around me were picking on Dyer constantly, but Routledge deserves his share of criticism as well, but we can't single anyone out for yesterdays performance in fairness, our midfield was non existent and I really didn't see the point of putting young Fulton on, I bet the poor boy hardly slept last night, it was totally unfair to put him on, imo.

Chelsea were great, but we've played far better than yesterday against them in the past.

It just didn't seem that Dyer and Routledge were up for the game yesterday.
Monk - Coward on 11:43 - Jan 18 with 1154 viewsAndy1300

Monk - Coward on 11:41 - Jan 18 by lifelong

It just didn't seem that Dyer and Routledge were up for the game yesterday.

Not just yesterday's game

Having said that, dyer did put a bit of effort in after half time, probably after a bollocking

Number 1 team in Wales

Monk - Coward on 11:44 - Jan 18 with 1153 viewsBloodyhills

Monk - Coward on 17:36 - Jan 17 by stircrazyjack

Press the ball harass the oppo maybe.

It's very much like laudrups last few months here and it needs to stop.

Also Garry needs to drop his mates dyer and routs who are awful at present

I agree, during the game yesterday there was a period of about 4 mintues when Chelsea just passed the ball around with ease about 70 times and there was not one attempt to close down and tackle Chelsea player. That's just shit.

If defending as a team without the ball means not bothering to tackle and allows the opposing team to pass the ballaround at will then it's not much good.

We have made ordinary teams look good this season by leaving them have the ball pressured.

I'd like to see the return of our pressing game, making it difficult for our opponents.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Monk - Coward on 11:47 - Jan 18 with 1145 viewsdgt73

Monk - Coward on 11:05 - Jan 18 by swan_si

Let's not get carried away with the term coward here, it was deliberately used for emotion. It's very true, however that Monk hid away all game, I'm sorry but that was cowardly and he knows it.

when did Garry admit to this, have you been round his house again?

If Fulton had started we would still have lost 5-0 and you be on here saying why the fuk did Fulton start.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Monk - Coward on 11:48 - Jan 18 with 1144 viewsBloodyhills

Monk - Coward on 18:14 - Jan 17 by WarwickHunt

Who should we blame for having no midfield strength in depth and giving some of the world's best players masses of time and space on the ball?

Serious question, try to be constructive.

On suggestion would be to set the team up to close down the space that these world class players have and make it harder for them rather than make it like a training match for them.

The one to blame? Whoever it is that sets up the team to play they way they do.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Monk - Coward on 11:59 - Jan 18 with 1124 viewsswan_si

Monk - Coward on 11:47 - Jan 18 by dgt73

If Fulton had started we would still have lost 5-0 and you be on here saying why the fuk did Fulton start.

totally agree, this was a response to t2c's earlier post, see page 6

Monk - Coward on 12:05 - Jan 18 with 1109 views_

Monk - Coward on 11:06 - Jan 18 by Witneyjack

Oh give it a rest for Christ's sake. Don't you realise how boring you sound?

Anyone coming on here and saying they don't post much any more for this reason or another and not on a wind up should just pack it in. If you want to post then post, have something of substance to say. If you don't go off and do something that does float your little boat.

You won't be missed by the masses.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024