Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk - Coward 17:02 - Jan 17 with 39156 views_

Sat down the whole game hiding and this defending without the ball bollocks needs to stop and now.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:25 - Jan 18 with 1578 viewswaynekerr55

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:24 - Jan 18 by _

You could be for all I know although you do your utmost to prove otherwise.

I can only speak from experience and he's nowt like he is on here.

Even the way he is, I don't take his online persona seriously, although I understand why people find him to be an internet based marmite

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:27 - Jan 18 with 1564 viewsJackfath

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:24 - Jan 18 by _

You could be for all I know although you do your utmost to prove otherwise.

Why? Because what I wirte on here is not to your liking? Chrissy. There are all types of people in the world, indeed on Planet Swans. We can't all think and write what you would like to read.

Tolerance is key, my friend.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:28 - Jan 18 with 1555 viewssixpenses

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:48 - Jan 18 by Witneyjack

My last word on this today.

Don't flatter yourself that I follow you around on here, unfortunately for you, you don't register as important in my life even if you are very important in your own life! You are the one who becomes obsessed when wanting to 'meet' people who have dared to cross swords with you. Disparaging remarks because you don't have the intelligence to debate football with people.
As I said I will continue to post as and when I see fit and certainly won't be dictated to by an internet bully . These last few posts from you to me have just confirmed the image you give off on here.
I won't lose any sleep over you and your comments after all you're clearly not a 'supporter' of Swansea City, it's players and staff.

Ah the old, you are not a supporter of Swansea City - with an up arrow from Phil

Seriously grow up and stop aping the biggest bully on this site

To quote PRJ disgraceful stuff

You might also wish to consider that supporting Swansea City does not always equate to supporting it's players and staff. From a Trust POV it is the club first and foremost and the players and staff if they are best furthering the first objective.

You know the Club itself is no more loyal to players and other staff than they are to us, sometimes less so. But never mistake lack of better options for loyalty. There are few that hang about when perceived better offers are on the plate.

We the fans are the constant and nothing is more telling of your lost argument than accusing another supporter of not being just that. Why not add neh neh neh neh neh on the end to round it off appropriately?
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:30 - Jan 18 with 1549 viewsWitneyjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:27 - Jan 18 by Jackfath

Why? Because what I wirte on here is not to your liking? Chrissy. There are all types of people in the world, indeed on Planet Swans. We can't all think and write what you would like to read.

Tolerance is key, my friend.

I'm afraid he only has tolerance for the sycophants who agree with him Jackfath.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 18:33]
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:32 - Jan 18 with 1535 viewsWitneyjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:28 - Jan 18 by sixpenses

Ah the old, you are not a supporter of Swansea City - with an up arrow from Phil

You might also wish to consider that supporting Swansea City does not always equate to supporting it's players and staff. From a Trust POV it is the club first and foremost and the players and staff if they are best furthering the first objective.

You know the Club itself is no more loyal to players and other staff than they are to us, sometimes less so. But never mistake lack of better options for loyalty. There are few that hang about when perceived better offers are on the plate.

We the fans are the constant and nothing is more telling of your lost argument than accusing another supporter of not being just that. Why not add neh neh neh neh neh on the end to round it off appropriately?

Can I suggest you look up the meaning of the word 'support'? You might see where I'm coming from. There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism but unfortunately we don't always see that on here.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:44 - Jan 18 with 1503 viewsdgt73

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:32 - Jan 18 by Witneyjack

Can I suggest you look up the meaning of the word 'support'? You might see where I'm coming from. There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism but unfortunately we don't always see that on here.

Constructive criticism is good i agree, but what we have witnessed on here over the last 24 hrs from some is nothing more than hysteria.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 18:46]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:46 - Jan 18 with 1499 viewsJackfath

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:44 - Jan 18 by dgt73

Constructive criticism is good i agree, but what we have witnessed on here over the last 24 hrs from some is nothing more than hysteria.

Has it ever been any different?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:46 - Jan 18 with 1495 viewsWitneyjack

My point exactly .
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:50 - Jan 18 with 1482 viewsdgt73

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:46 - Jan 18 by Jackfath

Has it ever been any different?

Probably not, well during my short time on here anyway.

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:51 - Jan 18 with 1480 views_

Amongst sometimes the deliberate hysteria anything of note to take from yesterday's shambles?

That performance doesn't deserve defending or justifying in my opinion, by the way.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:54 - Jan 18 with 1472 views_

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:28 - Jan 18 by sixpenses

A down arrow from Phil Slumber. How very pathetic and snidey haha. God 'elp.

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:58 - Jan 18 with 1459 viewswaynekerr55

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:54 - Jan 18 by _

A down arrow from Phil Slumber. How very pathetic and snidey haha. God 'elp.

To be fair to you, at least there is some coherance to your arguments. Not saying that I agree with everything you say (no sh*t Sherlock I hear you cry ).

We'll never be able to tell but based on what I've been told (from people inside and outside the club in the game) the decision to dispose with the manager was correct.

Now, almost a year on we have a high points tally and have a good chance to get into the hat for the 5th round of the cup. A vitally important month. Not bad for a rookie (IMO anyway)

Is Garry perfect? Of course not, he's a rookie learning on the job, which in any field is not great.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:00 - Jan 18 with 1454 viewsdgt73

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:51 - Jan 18 by _

Amongst sometimes the deliberate hysteria anything of note to take from yesterday's shambles?

That performance doesn't deserve defending or justifying in my opinion, by the way.

Look every one on here wants Swansea to win, but maybe people should take a step back and starting a thread within 10 mins of the game finishing when emotions with some people have gone off the Richter scale is not a good idea.

Monk - Coward on 19:00 - Jan 18 with 1452 viewslondonlisa2001

Monk - Coward on 15:14 - Jan 18 by sixpenses

Rangel was on the bench wasn't he. What makes you say he was not 100% fit? Is it just assumptions because he was not started or is there something concrete?

Not listed as injured, where Ash is already listed from yesterday. It would be really disappointing if he is injured too.

Also no mention why he was replaced in the match report. They always seem to say if it is through injury or even if a player is benched because he is carrying a knock.

I wasn't there yesterday (so had the additional joy of having to listen to Barry Horne on the commentary) but family members that were there said that there was a bit of talk about Rangel not being 100% so I guess OK for the bench but not to play the 90 minutes.

Don't know other than that although I'd be surprised if Monk dropped him for Tiendalli if that's not the case.

The report I heard though just said a slight knock rather than an injury proper.
Monk - Coward on 19:06 - Jan 18 with 1432 viewslondonlisa2001

Monk - Coward on 18:05 - Jan 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Lisa, how about no 5000 seats, due to no planning, an improved academy and 16th position?
ie £10million worse off position wise

I think that would be a bad season (since you'd also have to factor in loss of our best player).

planning is a nonsense in my view - easy excuse and I just don't believe that it can't be sorted if the club want to sort it. I say this in part because the original stadium was going to be for 25,000 seats before it was discovered that the funding wouldn't be available for more than 20,000. The transport stuff etc didn't cause the drop in capacity, the funding did, so given that the streets around are as they were then, I don't believe it to be a proper stumbling block.

By the way - I also don't think we'll finish 16th - I think we'll be between 9th and 12th which is what I've thought for most of this season.

Someone else on here though said about it being the end of an era and requiring a substantial rebuilding. I agree with this. I think players like Angel, Ash (to some extent), Leon, Dyer are all beginning to show signs of not being quite 'on it'. We need a real rethink about next season.
Monk - Coward on 19:09 - Jan 18 with 1374 viewsDarran

Monk - Coward on 19:06 - Jan 18 by londonlisa2001

I think that would be a bad season (since you'd also have to factor in loss of our best player).

planning is a nonsense in my view - easy excuse and I just don't believe that it can't be sorted if the club want to sort it. I say this in part because the original stadium was going to be for 25,000 seats before it was discovered that the funding wouldn't be available for more than 20,000. The transport stuff etc didn't cause the drop in capacity, the funding did, so given that the streets around are as they were then, I don't believe it to be a proper stumbling block.

By the way - I also don't think we'll finish 16th - I think we'll be between 9th and 12th which is what I've thought for most of this season.

Someone else on here though said about it being the end of an era and requiring a substantial rebuilding. I agree with this. I think players like Angel, Ash (to some extent), Leon, Dyer are all beginning to show signs of not being quite 'on it'. We need a real rethink about next season.

From what I was told yesterday we're concentrating on buying the stadium first.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk - Coward on 19:18 - Jan 18 with 1345 viewslondonlisa2001

Monk - Coward on 19:09 - Jan 18 by Darran

From what I was told yesterday we're concentrating on buying the stadium first.

OK - well that makes sense at least (although as I have said before I don't understand quite why it's such a priority as I believe that stuff like naming rights can be sorted anyway as they have at the Etihad).

I can, however, understand why it's a priority for getting the US investors on board :-)

Do you know what - I was having a long rant with my folks this afternoon about yesterday and I said that if all we're going to do is sit on money and not invest in the team, we may as well get investment in - I have no idea at the moment what the strategy is other than playing a holding game waiting for some of our shareholders to get out and treading water in the meantime.

I understand the long game, but it's the 3rd week in January and we have banked a substantial amount of money. There are obvious weaknesses in the team and I don't expect for us to go and spend £20m o a striker, but I do expect something other than Fulton.

For a start, I just cannot understand why we can't at least try Bartley at right full back - he's played there before for Arsenal as I understand it.
Monk - Coward on 19:22 - Jan 18 with 1328 viewsjacksfullaces

Monk - Coward on 19:06 - Jan 18 by londonlisa2001

arguably we had a real rethink at the start of this season, Spanish exodus etc

if we aren't constantly rethinking we are in danger of going backwards - on that basis boards like this are a great melting pot of different ideas although I'm sure monk and Jenkins have a few of their ownn

lets see how this transfer window unfolds before we start screaming at the manager on the back of a poor day at the office; I was unsure about monk at the start but he has certainly earned the right to get us to the Summer where his overall performance can be reviewed on the basis of 38 + matches rather than the high points and low points.
Monk - Coward on 19:22 - Jan 18 with 1327 viewsApeShit

Monk - Coward on 19:18 - Jan 18 by londonlisa2001

OK - well that makes sense at least (although as I have said before I don't understand quite why it's such a priority as I believe that stuff like naming rights can be sorted anyway as they have at the Etihad).

I can, however, understand why it's a priority for getting the US investors on board :-)

Do you know what - I was having a long rant with my folks this afternoon about yesterday and I said that if all we're going to do is sit on money and not invest in the team, we may as well get investment in - I have no idea at the moment what the strategy is other than playing a holding game waiting for some of our shareholders to get out and treading water in the meantime.

I understand the long game, but it's the 3rd week in January and we have banked a substantial amount of money. There are obvious weaknesses in the team and I don't expect for us to go and spend £20m o a striker, but I do expect something other than Fulton.

For a start, I just cannot understand why we can't at least try Bartley at right full back - he's played there before for Arsenal as I understand it.

I thought we should of played Williams in DM, he's played there for Wales a couple of times?

Bring in Bartley or Amat then as a CB
Monk - Coward on 19:23 - Jan 18 with 1320 viewsdgt73

Monk - Coward on 19:18 - Jan 18 by londonlisa2001

I'm sure the board will make money available to GM. The club is obviously going to play down figures, otherwise other clubs will add on a few more £ on when Swansea come calling.

Monk - Coward on 19:26 - Jan 18 with 1310 viewslondonlisa2001

Monk - Coward on 19:22 - Jan 18 by jacksfullaces

arguably we had a real rethink at the start of this season, Spanish exodus etc

if we aren't constantly rethinking we are in danger of going backwards - on that basis boards like this are a great melting pot of different ideas although I'm sure monk and Jenkins have a few of their ownn

lets see how this transfer window unfolds before we start screaming at the manager on the back of a poor day at the office; I was unsure about monk at the start but he has certainly earned the right to get us to the Summer where his overall performance can be reviewed on the basis of 38 + matches rather than the high points and low points.

oh I completely agree.

My main gripe is not at Monk (who fairly consistently said we need full backs / midfielder) but at the board for not sorting it yet.

I think he's doing a good job at the moment - not brilliant, but good. But we can't just sit on the bony money.
Monk - Coward on 19:28 - Jan 18 with 1302 viewslondonlisa2001

Monk - Coward on 19:22 - Jan 18 by ApeShit

I thought we should of played Williams in DM, he's played there for Wales a couple of times?

Bring in Bartley or Amat then as a CB

That's am alterative. Just try something - in training first or net week, then in the PL. We have 4 decent centre backs but must be the only team that never ever plays one of them in a different position even when the cupboard is completely bare as it was yesterday.
Monk - Coward on 19:30 - Jan 18 with 1297 viewslondonlisa2001

Monk - Coward on 19:23 - Jan 18 by dgt73

I'm sure the board will make money available to GM. The club is obviously going to play down figures, otherwise other clubs will add on a few more £ on when Swansea come calling.

yes well that's the down side of selling Bony at the moment. But they need to deal with that.

Unless thre is stuff very silent though, I am not particularly enthused by the thought of Naughton or a player from Norwich (albeit that they may, cross fingers, turn out to be good).
Monk - Coward on 19:38 - Jan 18 with 1272 viewswetjack

Good to see the usual suspects on their Monk bashing

Poll: Should admin ban Parlay?

Monk - Coward on 19:42 - Jan 18 with 1256 viewsjacksfullaces

Monk - Coward on 19:38 - Jan 18 by wetjack

Good to see the usual suspects on their Monk bashing

is that the same as being a bishop basher?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024